Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: harrygomm, Astryl)

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

hawowanlawow posted:

Chris Wilson just woke up in a cold sweat

quote:

Fixed an issue where continuously enchanting an item could result in having the same stat show repeatedly in subsequent re-rolls.

I loving knew it

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ClydeFrog
Apr 13, 2007

my body is a temple to an idiot god
I wish they would give you NM versions of malignant tunnels. I did a round of them earlier and got one level 5 heart and it was tedious in the extreme. Making some really hard versions of them with better chances for the good hearts might actually get people in them.

Best hearts I've had all dropped in NM dungeons 10+ level. I also got a level 5 one from crafting which was unexpected and a barber from Helltides which remain very chill and fun to just blow things up for an hour and refill my salvage dump.

Obols have really sucked of late. Constant sacred with lovely affixes. Grr.

The rogue unique bow where an arrow can come back and apply vulnerable on penetrating shot is beyond dogshit. No one is firing penetrating shot until vulnerable is on first and I'm not giving up 40% edgemaster for anything less than a medieval chaingun. Please can we have a crossbow instead?

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo
I've only ever used Obols to farm for certain Legendary Aspects and those rates (5 or 6 for a full wallet of obol gambling) seems about the same as it always has.

Time
Aug 1, 2011

It Was All A Dream

American McGay posted:

I've only ever used Obols to farm for certain Legendary Aspects and those rates (5 or 6 for a full wallet of obol gambling) seems about the same as it always has.

Same. Do a helltide -> get full up on obols -> convert to rings and get 3-4 legendaries most times. Nothing has changed for me

Bold Robot
Jan 6, 2009

Be brave.

A rando I partied with to do the helltides just informed me "u look cool" - a peak gaming moment :thumbsup:

ClydeFrog
Apr 13, 2007

my body is a temple to an idiot god
Oh it is all rng whackiness. At least obols give mats for the greedy upgrade gods. But I spent 1000 on gloves and I got five sacreds and actually tutted.

It seems previously I was more fortunate!

Farming an event in helltide still works brilliantly. Do event. Pop to town. Portal back 30 seconds later - event has returned! Can usually do it 3 times.

ClydeFrog fucked around with this message at 00:18 on Aug 3, 2023

Cobalt60
Jun 1, 2006
Has anyone done the "Transfer Eternal Characters to Seasonal Realm" bug? I'd like to do it... perhaps I'll ask the clan to party later tonight if the bug is still viable.

heated game moment
Oct 30, 2003

Lipstick Apathy
Sounds like a great way to get banned!

CLAM DOWN
Feb 13, 2007

Cobalt60 posted:

Has anyone done the "Transfer Eternal Characters to Seasonal Realm" bug? I'd like to do it... perhaps I'll ask the clan to party later tonight if the bug is still viable.

yeah man you should all do this asap!

Cobalt60
Jun 1, 2006
You seriously think it's worth Diablo Dev hours to ban toons who swap a boot or glove? What's the point?

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

This ain’t toontown bithc

CLAM DOWN
Feb 13, 2007

Cobalt60 posted:

You seriously think it's worth Diablo Dev hours to ban toons who swap a boot or glove? What's the point?

toons

Substandard
Oct 16, 2007

3rd street for life

quote:

Fixed an issue where players could repeatedly fight Varshan during the final Seasonal quest by resetting the Dungeon where he spawns.

Better get your wrathfuls while the getting is good!

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo
Mfer said toons lmao

GoGoGadgetChris
Mar 18, 2010

i powder a
granite monument
in a soundless flash

showering the grass
with molten drops of
its gold inlay

sending smoking
chips of stone
skipping into the fog
brb I'm logging on to my t o o n s

Tokubetsu
Dec 18, 2007

Love Is Not Enough
rogues, what are you guys slotting in armor? I see topaz on a lot of guides is that really better than just max life from rubies?

CharlestonJew
Jul 7, 2011

Illegal Hen
Rogue has enough sources of unstoppable that topazes are a nice-to-have in the event all your cool downs are on, but rubies only give an extra % of your base life ignoring your equipment bonuses, which isn’t all that much.

I still ran rubies on my bear Druid and it worked fine for that tiny extra bit of overpower damage so just do whatever you want and it’ll work out.

SHISHKABOB
Nov 30, 2012

Fun Shoe
Did I read something that said they're changing the way rubies work from not being just base life?

heated game moment
Oct 30, 2003

Lipstick Apathy
I gotta be more careful with my NMD selection because resource drain on bone spear necro is a hard no. I didn't even notice until the butcher showed up and I couldn't do anything

Mailer
Nov 4, 2009

Have you accepted The Void as your lord and savior?

Substandard posted:

The question before was whether or not it was worth leveling again in response to the lottery-winning odds required to get one before, and the answer was yes. Now it's whether or not it's worth leveling up a new rogue to 55 or whatever the minimum level is for a barber drop and killing him once on wt3. The answer will probably still be yes.

I almost made it but crapped out two levels too early to actually get one. Just needed one more unpatched day. :/

Substandard
Oct 16, 2007

3rd street for life

Mailer posted:

The question before was whether or not it was worth leveling again in response to the lottery-winning odds required to get one before, and the answer was yes. Now it's whether or not it's worth leveling up a new rogue to 55 or whatever the minimum level is for a barber drop and killing him once on wt3. The answer will probably still be yes.

I almost made it but crapped out two levels too early to actually get one. Just needed one more unpatched day. :/

It's in the 1.1.1 patch which isn't out until the 8th so you have some time.

harrygomm
Oct 19, 2004

can u run n jump?
patch doesn’t actually implement until the 8th. gonna try to shoot for an uber lillith kill myself in case they apply that 2.5x hp buff to her

exploit early exploit often

Pellisworth
Jun 20, 2005
I think I'm gonna hit 70 on my druid tonight and put D4 on the shelf for a month or so. I'm still having fun with D4, baldur's gate sounds more exciting right now and I'd rather not burn out grinding diablo. Probably come back later in the season to keep trying stuff out and then wait for expansions in a year or something

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

Substandard posted:

I finished the quest line on my cartoon character before anyone knew about this so I hope they hotfix it early

harrygomm
Oct 19, 2004

can u run n jump?
level a new guy and farm, you got 6 days still

harrygomm
Oct 19, 2004

can u run n jump?
this is the meaningful character choice everyone meant as a hold over from D2 right

crepeface
Nov 5, 2004

r*p*f*c*
what's the deal with sacred/ancestral drops?

i've been farming malignant tunnels/strongholds in WT4 from level 41-49 and i haven't seen a single ancestral or sacred.

i thought it was linked to world tier level, not character level?

Last King
Sep 29, 2007

In corporate R'lyeh, Cthulhu works you.

Fun Shoe

if they just made this an option officially, it would instantly improve the game. having to relevel, redo quests, renown, waypoints, etc. is pretty awful.

harrygomm posted:

exploit early exploit often

the one true mantra benefiting blizzard players for decades now... every game, every patch, is just another opportunity to take advantage of the bad coding. instead of making it better for everyone later on, just make it worse.

Last King fucked around with this message at 03:50 on Aug 3, 2023

GoGoGadgetChris
Mar 18, 2010

i powder a
granite monument
in a soundless flash

showering the grass
with molten drops of
its gold inlay

sending smoking
chips of stone
skipping into the fog

Last King posted:

if they just made this an option officially, it would instantly improve the game. having to relevel, redo quests, renown, waypoints, etc. is pretty awful.

"having to"???

Jaytan
Dec 14, 2003

Childhood enlistment means fewer birthdays to remember

crepeface posted:

what's the deal with sacred/ancestral drops?

i've been farming malignant tunnels/strongholds in WT4 from level 41-49 and i haven't seen a single ancestral or sacred.

i thought it was linked to world tier level, not character level?

Strongholds are tied to your character level so if you’re level 40 they will be level 42 regardless of difficulty. Strongholds also don’t really drop items, and level 42 monsters aren’t gonna drop poo poo.

No idea on tunnels.

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

please do not run the ligma tunnels for gear or really anything at all

crepeface
Nov 5, 2004

r*p*f*c*

Jaytan posted:

Strongholds are tied to your character level so if you’re level 40 they will be level 42 regardless of difficulty. Strongholds also don’t really drop items, and level 42 monsters aren’t gonna drop poo poo.

No idea on tunnels.

uhh, yeah? i know mobs scale to your level, that's why i'm doing them instead of getting owned by +35 level mobs. i thought sacred/ancestral drops were solely gated by world tier tho

also you can farm onyx watchtower and reset it. there's several elites that always spawn that can drop normal loot like legendaries etc.

Tiny Timbs posted:

please do not run the ligma tunnels for gear or really anything at all

was helping my friend to get a barber in the quest version (it didn't drop for him in 12ish runs tho lol)

crepeface fucked around with this message at 04:22 on Aug 3, 2023

Substandard
Oct 16, 2007

3rd street for life
I've run varshan on WT3 about a dozen times with nothing good to show for it.

If anyone gets the barber to drop let me know what level you are. I'm 58 now so all the mobs in they are 52, and he does drop sacred stuff now

Bold Robot
Jan 6, 2009

Be brave.

Substandard posted:

If anyone gets the barber to drop let me know what level you are. I'm 58 now so all the mobs in they are 52, and he does drop sacred stuff now

I got it to drop from him within a few runs at 60.

harrygomm
Oct 19, 2004

can u run n jump?
bow down, i mastered a Last Stand with all 3 survivors alive on WT4

crepeface
Nov 5, 2004

r*p*f*c*

Substandard posted:

i got a "quest barber" in WT4. i was probably level 45 or something

Substandard
Oct 16, 2007

3rd street for life
Nice! Well I'm 59 now, but I'm going to hit up the world boss and then sleep and try it after I hit 60 in the morning. I can probably do the WT4 quest and try it in WT4 if WT3 continues to refuse to give it to me.

Djarum
Apr 1, 2004

by vyelkin

Substandard posted:

I have got two barbers and a handful of other black hearts running tunnels today. I am 72 though. It seems the higher level you are the more often you see them. I see plenty of loot running tunnels as well.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SmallpoxJenkins
Jul 9, 2012

harrygomm posted:

bow down, i mastered a Last Stand with all 3 survivors alive on WT4

Reported for hacking