Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

edogawa rando
Mar 20, 2007

big boi posted:

Finally pulled the trigger. Added the Pelham 123 4k to meet free shipping. I need to stop reading this thread.

Ah, a Travolta fan in the wild.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Basebf555
Feb 29, 2008

The greatest sensual pleasure there is is to know the desires of another!

Fun Shoe

edogawa rando posted:

Ah, a Travolta fan in the wild.

I at least respect that he didn't even attempt to do a Robert Shaw impression in that movie

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Physical Media: *hundreds of dollars later* I need to stop reading this thread

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

FEAR MY SHARK ROCKET IT REALLY SUCKS AND BLOWS

Chris James 2 posted:

Physical Media: *hundreds of dollars later* I need to stop reading this thread

Following this thread didn't really cost me much but it did prevent me from giving away my hundreds of DVDs, most of which have been watched once or less heh

Boywhiz88
Sep 11, 2005

floating 26" off da ground. BURR!
I’m trying to do better about Day 1 purchases. The kind of movies that I’ll watch in that first month, and if not, then it has to be a compelling special edition. Almost detoured to get GotG 3’s Steelbook cause it looks kinda rad. But I haven’t seen the movie, I don’t care THAT much about GOTG, and so I was able to pass it up.

I think seeing those videos and photos of the dudes (are there insane women in the collecting world? Why does it always seem to be guys?) with libraries of untouched Blu-rays.

And this weekend, I’ll have to reconfigure my 2nd shelf because my first is officially full. And they’re the biiiiig Atlantic media shelves

Sniep
Mar 28, 2004

All I needed was that fatty blunt...

King of Breakfast
don't mind me just organizing the stack of 4ks ive been growing the last month or two.

after i got a good 4k oled tv, i decided to jump from blu ray normal to 4k so i started augmenting blu ray copies with 4k copies

it was supposed to just be a couple, the top gems

uhhuh

Boywhiz88
Sep 11, 2005

It’s a great time to get into UHD. Lots of good poo poo at great prices. You cannot be blamed!

IUG
Jul 14, 2007

Sniep posted:

don't mind me just organizing the stack of 4ks ive been growing the last month or two.

after i got a good 4k oled tv, i decided to jump from blu ray normal to 4k so i started augmenting blu ray copies with 4k copies

it was supposed to just be a couple, the top gems

uhhuh

Desk budget: $40
Chair budget: $20
Physical media budget: $8,000

Please help, my family’s posture is killing us.

Sniep
Mar 28, 2004

King of Breakfast

IUG posted:

Desk budget: $40
Chair budget: $20
Physical media budget: $8,000

Please help, my family’s posture is killing us.

it's my workbench in the hobby den. there are chairs around too but i just use that spot typically to make quick wire harnesses and solder stuff. i promise the rest of my house isn't like that lol

Kingtheninja
Jul 29, 2004

"You're the best looking guy here."
Checking out infernal affairs from the criterion sale. Had to stop for the night but I'm laughing at the cops "we don't have any evidence, they tossed it in the sea" when the guy tossing the bag is literally covered in coke and the bag itself just lands in the water and floats there.

Sniep
Mar 28, 2004

King of Breakfast
wait what? i googled for this as a joke to post itt

https://www.amazon.com/Tammy-T-Rex-Ultra-Blu-ray-Combo/dp/B082JJTL1R

im sure someone has to have posted it here then since it exists but lol that it does

PinkoBastard
Oct 3, 2010
Daddy’s keeping it light this month, I grabbed Cardona Collection Vol 2 and that’s it.

Remember when I posted about Michael Findlay’s Flesh trilogy before? No? Well Melúsine are putting them out on blu ray “this fall” and I’m stoked!!

Sniep posted:

im sure someone has to have posted it here then since it exists but lol that it does

hell yeah lol

Alfred P. Pseudonym
May 29, 2006

And when you gaze long into an abyss, the abyss goes 8-8

Sniep posted:

I’m gonna guess most of the posters in this thread not only know about it, but own it.

I own it.

Sniep
Mar 28, 2004

King of Breakfast

Alfred P. Pseudonym posted:

I’m gonna guess most of the posters in this thread not only know about it, but own it.

I own it.

i had no idea.

i have it on blu. i think this one i can safely skip.

still lol that it exists

content:

getting these 4ks onto my server is a slog. and it's making a dent in utilization fast lol.

Casimir Radon
Aug 2, 2008

You will not find a group of people with a higher concentration of Tammy and the T-Rex ownership anywhere.

PinkoBastard
Oct 3, 2010
The Physical Media Thread:

Casimir Radon posted:

You will not find a group of people with a higher concentration of Tammy and the T-Rex ownership anywhere.

MacheteZombie
Feb 4, 2007

Sniep posted:

This was willed into existence by one of our very own posters

pwn
May 27, 2004

This Christmas get "Shoes"

:pwn: :pwn: :pwn: :pwn: :pwn:
I was gonna try to make a joke about Tammy being a bat-signal for CPL but i underestimated how many of us would Kramer into the thread

I have the UK Blu-ray of it and I'm fine with it. It's a fun film but not something I watch everyday.

Sniep
Mar 28, 2004

King of Breakfast

MacheteZombie posted:

This was willed into existence by one of our very own posters

I'm in awe.

pwn posted:

I was gonna try to make a joke about Tammy being a bat-signal for CPL but i underestimated how many of us would Kramer into the thread

I have the UK Blu-ray of it and I'm fine with it. It's a fun film but not something I watch everyday.

Is CPL the poster that got it made to 4k?

Sniep fucked around with this message at 05:08 on Aug 3, 2023

Casimir Radon
Aug 2, 2008

There were naysayers but all the cool people instantly preordered as soon as it was announced. It joined other fine films in my collection like Roar and Howard the Duck.

edogawa rando
Mar 20, 2007

Alfred P. Pseudonym posted:

I own it.

The VinSyn 4K was the first ever 4K I bought.

dorium
Nov 5, 2009

If it gets in your eyes
Just look into mine
Just look into dreams
and you'll be alright
I'll be alright

https://twitter.com/dawnofthediscs/status/1686974237708255232?s=46&t=wbUf_u7uOvtvxKOmB6dAHQ
I need an American 4K release already…

DeimosRising
Oct 17, 2005

¡Hola SEA!

Sniep posted:

i had no idea.

i have it on blu. i think this one i can safely skip.

You should definitely watch it

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Umbrella announced its October releases

Godless: The Eastfield Exorcism
Possession collector's edition (4K, bluray, book, lobby cards and poster)
Frank Herbert's Dune collector's edition (Dune 2000 miniseries, Children of Dune 2003 miniseries, book, lobby cards, poster, and comes in a worm boxset)
https://twitter.com/dawnofthediscs/status/1686975366080897024

Razorback is the only 4K Umbrella's had that hasn't been playable in the US, and they say that's an error they're correcting/replacing. Possession will be fine here
Most of their blurays are also fine here, I'm assuming these will be too. Which I'd be happy about, I definitely wanna own Godless for being a rare modern exorcism film I love (I already own a Possession collector's set. Don't wanna double dip on that, even for 4K until/unless I get a 4K player/TV)

Big Mean Jerk
Jan 27, 2009

Well, of course I know him.
He's me.
I’ve never seen a deluxe Blu-ray set come with bootleg Legos before :wtc:

tonedef131
Sep 3, 2003

My Vyn Syn Tanny & the T-Rex plays fine on my X700 but the sound get completely garbled on PS5, both blu and 4k discs. Anybody else ever try that disc on PS5? It’s the only one I’ve encountered it on I’ve played plenty of other VS discs on PS5 and they all run great.

distortion park
Apr 25, 2011

Kingtheninja posted:

Checking out infernal affairs from the criterion sale. Had to stop for the night but I'm laughing at the cops "we don't have any evidence, they tossed it in the sea" when the guy tossing the bag is literally covered in coke and the bag itself just lands in the water and floats there.

lol I noticed that too.

Boywhiz88
Sep 11, 2005

I got Tammy and the T-Rex on UHD because of this thread. My wife loves it!

Speaking of VS, got my order. Totally forgot I got other stuff during the sale, so I ended up with Scanner Cop, Shiva Baby, and Death Promise. They also included their fixed copies of Showgirls, which is insane to me. Like, I'm sure they just do a quick comparison to see who had a Showgirls order but seriously good customer service.

I hope they continue to get VSU releases that I need to have, so I can support them, and for you folks to continue to recommend good shlock etc, so I can support them!

zer0spunk
Nov 6, 2000

devil never even lived
I have the fancy alternate slipcover for tammy because I'm bad at peer pressure.

Starting to get worried my Venture order is going to get canceled and ebay will only have scalper $$$$ copies. Why is WBD the absolute worst always.

Casimir Radon
Aug 2, 2008

You have to remember that one of the hooks with was that they found and restored all the R-rated material that had been cut out at the last minute, and hadn’t been seen before.

TheScott2K
Oct 26, 2003

I'm just saying, there's a nonzero chance Trump has a really toad penis.
I watch Tammy and the Trex as God intended - on the TV in the house in High on Life while my Xbox barfs heat into the room

dorium
Nov 5, 2009

If it gets in your eyes
Just look into mine
Just look into dreams
and you'll be alright
I'll be alright

https://twitter.com/dawnofthediscs/status/1687112646531891200?s=46&t=wbUf_u7uOvtvxKOmB6dAHQ

Casimir Radon
Aug 2, 2008

Been wondering why they hadn’t released that on Blu yet. Well here it is.

Blus I’m buying this cal are now Sleepy Hollow, Duel, and Memento. Off the top of my head anyway. There are certainly more.

Egbert Souse
Nov 6, 2008

zer0spunk posted:

I have the fancy alternate slipcover for tammy because I'm bad at peer pressure.

Starting to get worried my Venture order is going to get canceled and ebay will only have scalper $$$$ copies. Why is WBD the absolute worst always.

FWIW, Amazon tends to be slow about Warner and Warner Archive preorders.

I'd actually recommend ordering from Gruv as it's a joint operation between Warner, Universal, MGM, and Lionsgate. Great service and they tend to have the best pricing.

Basebf555
Feb 29, 2008

The greatest sensual pleasure there is is to know the desires of another!

Fun Shoe
So far my spooky season UHD list is The Nightmare Before Christmas, Sleepy Hollow, The Blob, and The Exorcist.

Those are definites, the maybes include Night of the Comet, Pumpkinhead, Rosemary's Baby, and I Still Know What You Did Last Summer.

dorium
Nov 5, 2009

If it gets in your eyes
Just look into mine
Just look into dreams
and you'll be alright
I'll be alright

small update, but I've added a physical goods section to my OP and I am finally selling some of my collection. it's a living document and I'm still adding new movies to the list. https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3941448&userid=0&perpage=40&pagenumber=1

I also finally got around to re-arranging my media shelf since that thing was jam packed (moved the tv section into my office, I really need better shelving).

dorium fucked around with this message at 18:26 on Aug 3, 2023

MacheteZombie
Feb 4, 2007
The cutting board is so you can slice up slipcovers easier right?

dorium
Nov 5, 2009

If it gets in your eyes
Just look into mine
Just look into dreams
and you'll be alright
I'll be alright

MacheteZombie posted:

The cutting board is so you can slice up slipcovers easier right?

LOOOOOOOL

that is for when i want to work from the bed and dont want to burn my legs with my laptop

Carpet
Apr 2, 2005

Don't press play
A shame that Memento boxset isn't in 4K, and from the description it's not even a new scan and encode - the bonus disc with the chronological version isn't in HD either.

edit: OK, this is much more interesting, a new Blu-Ray release of Nolan's first film, Following. Plus, as with the Memento set, it's got new interviews and commentary tracks.

edit2: pre-ordered it

Carpet fucked around with this message at 20:11 on Aug 3, 2023

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

JockstrapManthrust
Apr 30, 2013

Sniep posted:

getting these 4ks onto my server is a slog. and it's making a dent in utilization fast lol.

10G has never been cheaper. Get you some.

Got a 10G core over netgear and mikrotik and cards in my synology’s, servers, and pc’s. Makes life so much easier for getting hooj 4k rips onto the nas for video station to serve. :)