Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: harrygomm, Astryl)

doomfunk
Feb 29, 2008

oh come on was that really necessary
all over my fine carpet!!

harrygomm posted:

bow down, i mastered a Last Stand with all 3 survivors alive on WT4

the chosen one

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

S.J.
May 19, 2008

Just who the hell do you think we are?

crepeface posted:

i got a "quest barber" in WT4. i was probably level 45 or something

sorry but is this thing called the barber because it just cuts things apart or what

Mr. Pickles
Mar 19, 2014

you can get the exact same thing from a drop but it'll have another name like Wrathful Heart of the Barber. It has the same ability

people have been complaining about barber hearts not working in group play as they cancel out each other or something?

Mr. Pickles fucked around with this message at 08:00 on Aug 3, 2023

harrygomm
Oct 19, 2004

can u run n jump?
aside from the sorc DR change, we’re there any big changes from the campfire preview to the current patch notes that anyone has noticed?

ClydeFrog
Apr 13, 2007

my body is a temple to an idiot god
If transferring your character gets you banned and they are looking for it, then it's going to be a simple thing for them to find. I assure you no one is "wasting dev hours". Someone will just run a report looking for characters created pre S1 in the S1 environment based on a datestamp or something equally trivial and forward the spreadsheet to the banhammer room.

It seems like a dumb thing to do to avoid some irksome yet rather trivial renown.

Also, there's got to be a team entirely dedicated to finding and banning people that violate ToS. They'll have shiny little targets to hit.

ClydeFrog fucked around with this message at 08:59 on Aug 3, 2023

Vic
Nov 26, 2009

malae fidei cum XI_XXVI_MMIX
Leveling one's character in the quickest, most efficient manner possible is a bannable offense.

Rock Puncher
Jul 26, 2014

ClydeFrog posted:

If transferring your character gets you banned and they are looking for it, then it's going to be a simple thing for them to find. I assure you no one is "wasting dev hours". Someone will just run a report looking for characters created pre S1 in the S1 environment based on a datestamp or something equally trivial and forward the spreadsheet to the banhammer room.

It seems like a dumb thing to do to avoid some irksome yet rather trivial renown.

Also, there's got to be a team entirely dedicated to finding and banning people that violate ToS. They'll have shiny little targets to hit.

thanks blizzard for keeping us safe

ClydeFrog
Apr 13, 2007

Vic posted:

Leveling one's character in the quickest, most efficient manner possible is a bannable offense.

I mean sure buddy. There are all sorts of shortcuts for just about everything in life you can do. Just don't bitch if the clearly laid out penalties are then applied.

Whining about why you can't violate ToS to get things you want is at least a new direction I guess.

Jaytan
Dec 14, 2003

Childhood enlistment means fewer birthdays to remember

crepeface posted:

uhh, yeah? i know mobs scale to your level, that's why i'm doing them instead of getting owned by +35 level mobs. i thought sacred/ancestral drops were solely gated by world tier tho

also you can farm onyx watchtower and reset it. there's several elites that always spawn that can drop normal loot like legendaries etc.

You’re asking about something you seem to have a lot of data on.

The drops are gated by world tier, but strongholds behave differently from anything else.

If you did 10 levels and didn’t see a single ancestral/sacred it’s probably safe to say they don’t drop from under leveled stronghold enemies

Jaytan fucked around with this message at 09:12 on Aug 3, 2023

Vic
Nov 26, 2009

ClydeFrog posted:

I mean sure buddy. There are all sorts of shortcuts for just about everything in life you can do. Just don't bitch if the clearly laid out penalties are then applied.

Whining about why you can't violate ToS to get things you want is at least a new direction I guess.

lmao what a narc

harrygomm
Oct 19, 2004

can u run n jump?

Jaytan posted:

The drops are gated by world tier, but strongholds behave differently from anything else.

If you did 10 levels and didn’t see a single ancestral/sacred it’s probably safe to say they don’t drop from under leveled stronghold enemies

the drops were previously gated exclusively by world tier. the way things do now, not frequency but tier, seems to also be level gated

yes if a mob isn’t dropping anything that isn’t going to change

TjyvTompa
Jun 1, 2001

im gay

crepeface posted:

what's the deal with sacred/ancestral drops?

i've been farming malignant tunnels/strongholds in WT4 from level 41-49 and i haven't seen a single ancestral or sacred.

i thought it was linked to world tier level, not character level?

Ancestral gear can only drop in WT4 but the drops are also depending on your level. The higher level you are the more ancestral gear will drop. You are way too low level to be in WT4, you gain nothing by rushing ahead like that, and I don't think you will even be able equip any ancestral gear that drops since it has a minimum level of 60.

They re-did the bonus XP and you now gain 1.5% bonus XP per level above you that the mobs are up to 15%, so it is more efficient to clear nightmare dungeons fast than it is to beat content much higher than what you are.

ClydeFrog
Apr 13, 2007

Vic posted:

lmao what a narc

I don't know what's more worrying. The idea that in 2023 a 13 year old has found these forums or the fact that you are an adult posting like this.

I don't give a poo poo what people do in their games. I just pointed out it's very likely you'll get banned for it. It would be a mercy if in fact you were but my experience with rng lately indicates I would not be that lucky.

Renown is an absolutely trivial thing as part of 1-50 activities. I mean I'd get the annoyance if there was some intensely rich and rewarding endgame awaiting you that it was gatekeeping. But there absolutely isn't.

I was wrong about this being new. Some goons have always got mad about the activities they like not allowing them to do whatever the gently caress they want and then whining like little bitches in the playground afterwards.

Pay the game and criticise the wealth of dumb poo poo that needs fixing. There's a lot of it!

Rock Puncher
Jul 26, 2014
add single player and modding and this game might have something someday

crepeface
Nov 5, 2004

r*p*f*c*

S.J. posted:

sorry but is this thing called the barber because it just cuts things apart or what

it's usually called the Barber but the guaranteed quest drop you get is always called 'Heart of Varshan.' they're exactly the same but i won't be surprised if the Barber fix in the next patch somehow doesn't work for the Heart of Varshan

Jaytan posted:

bro you could have just said you don't know

TjyvTompa posted:

Ancestral gear can only drop in WT4 but the drops are also depending on your level. The higher level you are the more ancestral gear will drop. You are way too low level to be in WT4, you gain nothing by rushing ahead like that, and I don't think you will even be able equip any ancestral gear that drops since it has a minimum level of 60.

They re-did the bonus XP and you now gain 1.5% bonus XP per level above you that the mobs are up to 15%, so it is more efficient to clear nightmare dungeons fast than it is to beat content much higher than what you are.

i leeched some legion events and world bosses and got ancestrals at level 50 so i'm pretty sure it's just strongholds/tunnels that don't drop ancestrals. was surprised that sacreds weren't dropping either tho.

WT4 gives +200% EXP and i was sick of NMDs so i thought i'd give farming the strongholds a shot after my friend boosted me to WT4 to farm Wrathful hearts. the stronghold mobs are always +2 your level so they're easy to kill.

ClydeFrog
Apr 13, 2007

Rock Puncher posted:

add single player and modding and this game might have something someday

Being able to join other servers with different stuff going on would be great fun.

I would love for example to do PvP where the only rules are you have to use the stupid fists of fate and white daggers. Or fights where every slot has to be a unique. Just dumb silly stuff.

I'd like to try hardcore but I die maybe once every few days to the server just making GBS threads itself and I would find losing my character to that extremely disheartening - so single player would take care of that.

I'm surprised that WoW was so very open and allowed for so many mods etc (at least when I played it) and here we are with a very closed sandbox that seems to be doubling up as kitty litter on occasion.

Vic
Nov 26, 2009

ClydeFrog posted:

I don't know what's more worrying. The idea that in 2023 a 13 year old has found these forums or the fact that you are an adult posting like this.

I don't give a poo poo what people do in their games. I just pointed out it's very likely you'll get banned for it. It would be a mercy if in fact you were but my experience with rng lately indicates I would not be that lucky.

Renown is an absolutely trivial thing as part of 1-50 activities. I mean I'd get the annoyance if there was some intensely rich and rewarding endgame awaiting you that it was gatekeeping. But there absolutely isn't.

I was wrong about this being new. Some goons have always got mad about the activities they like not allowing them to do whatever the gently caress they want and then whining like little bitches in the playground afterwards.

Pay the game and criticise the wealth of dumb poo poo that needs fixing. There's a lot of it!

Clearly us 13 year olds are being mad here, and this very calm and reasonable post will prove it. People should be banned for a bug. Shiny little targets for the blizzard swat team.

Eat my shorts, wannabe! :slick:

Vic
Nov 26, 2009

btw isn't leveling in PvP areas faster than running helltides outposts and such? Seems to me the monster density is much higher there.

crepeface
Nov 5, 2004

r*p*f*c*

Vic posted:

btw isn't leveling in PvP areas faster than running helltides outposts and such? Seems to me the monster density is much higher there.

i did that on my other guy but i can't do WT4s with my level 50 guy yet.

also not sure it's faster. maybe!

here's another interesting thing. if you use Tormented Invoker of Varshan (WT4), the boss seems to drop guaranteed ilevel 800 items. BUT, he can still drop sacreds, which are capped at requiring level 60.

so you could farm a bunch of ilevel 800 stuff for a level 60 alt and go on a rampage in the pvp zones.

crepeface fucked around with this message at 11:38 on Aug 3, 2023

Crosswell
Jun 7, 2007
Lying in a Bombay alley
Levelling in the PvP zone vs doing renown grind pre wt3 is not worth the time lost down the road.

ClydeFrog
Apr 13, 2007

Vic posted:

Clearly us 13 year olds are being mad here, and this very calm and reasonable post will prove it. People should be banned for a bug. Shiny little targets for the blizzard swat team.

Eat my shorts, wannabe! :slick:

I didn't say people should be banned. Just that if someone does it on purpose, they likely will be because BLIZZARD COPS etc.

I see we've entered the LOL U MAD stage of your posting. I look forward to your next iteration. It's like a case study on late stage irony poisoning.

And yeah. Doing PvP was good for xp but as said above, having to then go do renown when you've levelled out the xp gains is really tedious.

crepeface
Nov 5, 2004

r*p*f*c*
people should be banned (ClydeFrog from this thread)

ClydeFrog
Apr 13, 2007

crepeface posted:

people should be banned (ClydeFrog from this thread)

Rude

Rock Puncher
Jul 26, 2014
I don't want clydefrog banned from the thread but he does need to be put into a re-education camp

EC
Jul 10, 2001

The Legend
My wife found a hat that has an aspect that says +2 minions. Then she found some pants with the same aspect, but I warned her they probably wouldn't stack because you can't have two of the same aspect equipped at the same time. She tried it anyway (she loves minions) and it actually worked.

A dozen hours later she found an upgraded version of the same hat, but this time when she equipped it the aspect goes grey and it doesn't give her the extra minions.

So now she's wearing a super low level hat because it gives her extra minions.

Unrelated but I'm almost level 60 and still haven't seen the aspect that adds landslide to trample :(

Collapsing Farts
Jun 29, 2018

💀

EC posted:

Unrelated but I'm almost level 60 and still haven't seen the aspect that adds landslide to trample :(

Shame, it's the coolest druid aspect.

Then just make sure to combine it with the aspect that shits out another landslide trample after the first one :allears:

Hulk Krogan
Mar 25, 2005

Rock Puncher posted:

I don't want clydefrog banned from the thread but he does need to be put into a re-education camp

I think you guys should all reinstall and try it. To own Clydefrog.

Rock Puncher
Jul 26, 2014

Hulk Krogan posted:

I think you guys should all reinstall and try it. To own Clydefrog.

I'll definitely be back, I'm just gonna let it cook and play some baldurs gate 3 and witcher 3 and I might even get solidly into yakuza, then D4 will be ready for another romp

Vic
Nov 26, 2009

I am consistently playing D4 for about an hour or two every two days or so.

Uninstalling and reinstalling each time.

EC
Jul 10, 2001

The Legend

Collapsing Farts posted:

Shame, it's the coolest druid aspect.

Then just make sure to combine it with the aspect that shits out another landslide trample after the first one :allears:

I already have it and the poison creeper landslide and it's fun as hell. Trample is going to be so much more fun when the thing finally drops.

soundsection
May 10, 2010

Shrimp or Shrimps posted:

Basically why I lost interest in my launch sorc before making it to wt4. Either I evaporate a pack instantly and it feels awesome, or I'm running around holding my dick waiting for a cooldown so I can frost nova again to put on vuln. Really just kind of boring gameplay too with the defensive rotation and then hoping you burst down the pack with your first salvo. Was interested in respeccing to blizzard/ice spikes but seemed like gearing up would be difficult as it requires a couple aspects with good rolls.

sorry, i know this post is from ages ago, but there is an aspect that gets you 60-80%+ chance to vuln on freeze (with a 2hander). you dont need frost nova at all :)

Rock Puncher
Jul 26, 2014

soundsection posted:

sorry, i know this post is from ages ago, but there is an aspect that gets you 60-80%+ chance to vuln on freeze (with a 2hander). you dont need frost nova at all :)

I bet he was a chain lightning sorc. Chain lightning was extremely fun in the beta, and it was a lot of fun in prod until you got to the point where the damage just didn't keep up with other classes/builds

CharlestonJew
Jul 7, 2011

Illegal Hen
got my first rogue unique and it's the one that makes your Rain of Arrows get all imbuements. It's an ult that I never see anyone use but it's been really fun to push a button and watch the screen get filled with purple, green, and blue arrows as everything dies.

m.hache
Dec 1, 2004

Fun Shoe
Excited for new sorc builds with the patch. Maybe a Hydra orb?

coelomate
Oct 21, 2020

lmao, if you don’t play for online multiplayer on ps5, the pvp zones don’t drop their special mats and are I guess just… oddly dense PVE zones with clickable that tell you to buy online multiplayer?

Vic
Nov 26, 2009

CharlestonJew posted:

got my first rogue unique and it's the one that makes your Rain of Arrows get all imbuements. It's an ult that I never see anyone use but it's been really fun to push a button and watch the screen get filled with purple, green, and blue arrows as everything dies.

tangetial but I like how they changed Rain of Vengeance
https://diablo.fandom.com/wiki/Rain_of_Vengeance

to a rather more generic Rain of Arrows which if you google will show all these before the D4 one:
https://pathofexile.fandom.com/wiki/Rain_of_Arrows
https://eldenring.wiki.fextralife.com/Ash+of+War:+Rain+of+Arrows
http://www.vhpg.com/torchlight-infinite/rain-of-arrows.html
https://lotro-wiki.com/index.php/Rain_of_Arrows
https://www.wowhead.com/spell=384476/rain-of-arrows
https://dragonage.fandom.com/wiki/Rain_of_Arrows
https://www.lastepochtools.com/skills/rain_of_arrows

heated game moment
Oct 30, 2003

Lipstick Apathy
Browsed the patch notes and saw this:

Aspect of Torment Change to: Essence Regeneration increased from 20-30% to 90-170%

That is massive

The Little Kielbasa
Mar 29, 2001

and another thing: im not mad. please dont put in the newspaper that i got mad.

Substandard posted:

Better get your wrathfuls while the getting is good!

Do any good builds use class-specific wrathfuls? I remember rogues talking up the imbuement one before the season, but I think they switched to barbers.

(I have several of each generic wrathful but also a strong case of FOMO)

El Scandelouse
Jan 10, 2003

Love, Drunkchat.

Vic posted:

I am consistently playing D4 for about an hour or two every two days or so.

Uninstalling and reinstalling each time.

drat bitch you live like this? I can send you an extra HDD if you are that hard up on space.

D4 Related: Level 90 Bonespear Necro and loving life. Gonna try to get Lilith before they buff boss a HP.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Collapsing Farts
Jun 29, 2018

💀
If you kill Lilith while she's unbuffed you have not accomplished anything

you must kill her with fully buffed HP or else you're a "bitch"