Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Namtab
Feb 22, 2010

Doctor_Fruitbat posted:

Did you literally name yourself after Judge Dredd?

Judge dredd is ftw

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mr Phillby
Apr 8, 2009

~TRAVIS~
No you see my deportation plan isnt anything like the tory rowanda shite, thats clearly hosed up and bad and rooted in baseless hatespread by our racist media and lapped up by tory voting racists.

My deportation plan is good and progressive because the people i hate are subhuman scum who cheat our tax system. I am very offended to be lumped in with torys w/r/t deporting minorities.

Tesseraction
Apr 5, 2009

Namtab posted:

Judge dredd is ftw

allo namtab its been a while you doin' allright?

Crystal Thenis
Mar 23, 2023

by sebmojo
well it’s good that anarchists will never be in charge of this country, clearly.

Namtab
Feb 22, 2010

Tesseraction posted:

allo namtab its been a while you doin' allright?

Yeah I’m fine, sorry to see you’ve got a couple of proper cunts in UKMT. Glad one of them learned that blaming a community for the actions of individuals is bad even though he’ll carry on though. Extremely good posts all round.

Angepain
Jul 13, 2012

what keeps happening to my clothes

Crystal Thenis posted:

you mean my post about the literal definition of the word assimilation?

"words have definitions, not feelings"

words absolutely have feelings, they're called connotations. did you know sometimes words can be used to evoke emotions beyond their literal meaning. did you know sometimes this can be used for political purposes. have you heard of the study of language

History Comes Inside!
Nov 20, 2004

“It just means bundle of sticks why are you so upset :smuggo:

same energy

Namtab
Feb 22, 2010

Can’t spell assimilation without rear end i

Really makes you think

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

Corgis love bread. And Puro

Namtab posted:

Can’t spell assimilation without rear end i

Really makes you think

Nothing anyone says will make me think, thank you very much

Crystal Thenis
Mar 23, 2023

by sebmojo

Angepain posted:

"words have definitions, not feelings"

words absolutely have feelings, they're called connotations. did you know sometimes words can be used to evoke emotions beyond their literal meaning. did you know sometimes this can be used for political purposes. have you heard of the study of language

when you are trying to make ‘assimilation’ a nasty word you have definitely lost any point you had.

Namtab
Feb 22, 2010

Lad clearly missed the fictional concept of the Borg, but then again fiction never holds a mirror up to life

TACD
Oct 27, 2000

OwlFancier posted:

What do you think everyone else throughout history who went in on denigrating the socially acceptable groups of the time, felt like when they were doing it?

It is very easy from the position we're in now, to imagine that they were just all bad people, like fundamentally bad in their souls and they should have known better. But perhaps they felt much like you do now? Plenty of people have said to you that if you go around being treated like poo poo by society, why are you likely to give a poo poo what happens to that society?

What do you think when people come out with "oh well you know I'm not racist but black people just don't have any respect for society, their neighbourhoods are full of crime and drugs and they're loud and aggressive and they should learn to behave better if they want to be treated like decent people"

Or "well I'm not homophobic but you know gays just don't have proper family values, they're all having disgusting sex in their bath houses which are riddled with disease, you don't want to associate too much with them or god knows what you'll catch"

Like yeah, those ideas have a kernel of truth, minorities are overpoliced and neglected or actively targeted for harrassment by the state, criminalized and exiled and when that antipathy produces devastation within the communities, the hegemony outside just laughs, because obviously they deserve it for being the way they are? Those thoughts take the wrongs of the hegemony and make them the fault of the people who are being wronged.

It is very easy to look at bad things happening in a community and put the blame on that community but history has shown time and time again that it's the fault of the society that will not accept them being the way they are, and demands conformity and tries to enforce it by saying "well that's just how society is, we've got these laws for a reason"
Hey this was an excellent post

Crystal Thenis
Mar 23, 2023

by sebmojo

Namtab posted:

Lad clearly missed the fictional concept of the Borg, but then again fiction never holds a mirror up to life

no it is exactly that

some star trek nerds can’t get over the borg and suddenly basic english is an enemy. pathetic.

Julio Cruz
May 19, 2006

Lt. Danger posted:

to be fair they're all the same in how like any person who says "facts > feelings" it always turns out they're basing everything on gut feelings and emotional reactions rather than any actual evidence

bUt My LiVeD eXpErIeNcE

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

When you say "assimilate" what you are describing is "adopt our ways, yours are incorrect"

The process you describe as "assimilating" is what people two hundred years ago would have called "civilizing"

It is not improved by using a different word for it.

Crystal Thenis
Mar 23, 2023

by sebmojo

OwlFancier posted:

When you say "assimilate" what you are describing is "adopt our ways, yours are incorrect"

The process you describe as "assimilating" is what people two hundred years ago would have called "civilizing"

It is not improved by using a different word for it.

the process of becoming a part, or making someone become a part, of a group, country, society, etc.:
The assimilation of ethnic Germans in the US was accelerated by the two world wars.

Jakabite
Jul 31, 2010

Crystal Thenis posted:

no it is exactly that

some star trek nerds can’t get over the borg and suddenly basic english is an enemy. pathetic.

We don’t need to pick apart the word assimilate to ascertain that you’re a total oval office, you’ve already said you want GRT people to be locked up and to have their children removed if they don’t give up their way of life. Whatever word you want to use for it, you’re describing ethnic cleansing.

Lt. Danger
Dec 22, 2006

jolly good chaps we sure showed the hun

Crystal Thenis posted:

when you are trying to make ‘assimilation’ a nasty word you have definitely lost any point you had.

you christian mate?

Julio Cruz
May 19, 2006

DreddyMatt posted:

Overlooking the bit where I said they should all be provided houses I see.

Yeah, if you're not providing education for your kids, and put your desires ahead of theirs, you shouldn't have kids.
Same as we do for other families where there's DA and drug use in the home.

equating moving around to domestic abuse is quite something

Maximum Pepsi
Jul 30, 2022

by vyelkin

Julio Cruz posted:

bUt My LiVeD eXpErIeNcE

poo poo like this is (partly) why corbyn lost

can you not see that?

Jakabite
Jul 31, 2010
Reporting my posh neighbours to Childline for taking their kids to the south of France for the summer

Diet Crack
Jan 15, 2001

lol I've had more negative experiences with day to day Brits than I ever have with Romani/Travelling peeps. Shut the gently caress up.

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

Crystal Thenis posted:

the process of becoming a part, or making someone become a part, of a group, country, society, etc.:
The assimilation of ethnic Germans in the US was accelerated by the two world wars.

Whatever you call it, what you are describing bears a great deal of similarity to something like this:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Five_Civilized_Tribes

Once they send their children to school and settle down, they will be like us, and we must make them do that.

Julio Cruz
May 19, 2006

Maximum Pepsi posted:

can you not see that?

please explain

Failed Imagineer
Sep 22, 2018
Is it possible that Pissflaps learned how to clone himself and become more annoying in the process

Tesseraction
Apr 5, 2009

Corbyn lost because we didn't civilise the savages into paying taxes got it

Angepain
Jul 13, 2012

Crystal Thenis posted:

oh well if it happened in the US then it can't be racist

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

There's been plenty of historical examples within the UK as well with the attempted eradication of Welsh and Scottish culture and language.

I really, strongly suggest that you look to history for how education and notions of "acceptable" ways of living have been used every single other time, and wonder what makes this time different in your mind. What makes you uniquely different that your idea of it will turn out differently.

OwlFancier fucked around with this message at 14:02 on Aug 3, 2023

Tesseraction
Apr 5, 2009

Yes why does this thread have a gut reaction to the word assimilation and the potential to force that on a group https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cultural_genocide#Intangible_cultural_heritage

Angepain
Jul 13, 2012

the Borg were scary just because they looked weird and were robots. when they said "You will be assimilated. We will add your biological and technological distinctiveness to our own. Your culture will adapt to service us. Resistance is futile." it was fine actually, there was nothing disturbing about that part. it was completely neutral language

DreddyMatt
Nov 25, 2002
MY LACK OF KNOWLEDGE OF CURRENT EVENTS IS EXCEEDED ONLY BY MY UNQUENCHABLE THIRST FOR PISS. FUK U AMERIKKKA!!

Julio Cruz posted:

equating moving around to domestic abuse is quite something

That's quite a stretch.

Putting your desire to live on the road above your child's needs to education and healthcare is 100% a sign you're not fit to patent.

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

Maximum Pepsi posted:

can you not see that?

It's true, Corbyn didn't lose because he essentially triangulated on the messaging to try & appease a PLP that was never going to be appeased by him & were intent from day 0 in wrecking his leadership, or a media that went in lock-step from day 1 to paint him as a bigot & a madman who hate Britain or any of the dozen other reasons I could come up with. He lost because of low effort sarcasm on an internet forum used by a fraction of a fraction of a fraction of 1% of the electorate. Genius.

DreddyMatt posted:

That's quite a stretch.

Putting your desire to live on the road above your child's needs to education and healthcare is 100% a sign you're not fit to patent.

Your posts are 100% a sign you're not fit to post. Except maybe outside of Stormfront

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

Alternatively he lost because he wasn't happy treating minorities like poo poo, which might be accurate but I'm not sure the takeaway should be "he should have started doing that"

Doctor_Fruitbat
Jun 2, 2013

DreddyMatt posted:

That's quite a stretch.

You know that home schooling is legal right.

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

OwlFancier posted:

Alternatively he lost because he wasn't happy treating minorities like poo poo, which might be accurate but I'm not sure the takeaway should be "he should have started doing that"

Mind not be wrong. After all, this is the ravings of the leader of the Scottish Tories

https://twitter.com/theSNP/status/1291024506887307266?s=20

"If you were Prime Minister for one day what would you want to do?" "Well poo poo. I could ensure proper funding for the Health Service or other public services. I could take public transport back into public ownership. I could...wait a minute, no, I've got it, make it even easier to persecute one of the few minority groups it's acceptable to be a bigoted shitehound against!"

Maximum Pepsi
Jul 30, 2022

by vyelkin

Failed Imagineer posted:

Is it possible that Pissflaps learned how to clone himself and become more annoying in the process

sorry I don't want to be another oval office like 'flaps but

"quoteplease explain "quote

I learned a lesson today.

I got schooled ok

I recognised my own predudice ( for maybe) the 1st time.

cunts like you dont help anything or fix anything.

rubbing my nose in the dirt when i'm down does not fix things. If i was the type of c8unt who was wavering between starmers labour, or the tories, your cuntish point scooring might have just tipped the balance (in the wrong way)

DreddyMatt
Nov 25, 2002
MY LACK OF KNOWLEDGE OF CURRENT EVENTS IS EXCEEDED ONLY BY MY UNQUENCHABLE THIRST FOR PISS. FUK U AMERIKKKA!!

forkboy84 posted:

Your posts are 100% a sign you're not fit to post. Except maybe outside of Stormfront

Oh I'm sorry pal. Do my views not fit with your society? And you want to exclude me for it?

:ironicat:

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

The state makes it difficult to educate or get your child to a doctor if you move, therefore the state is justified in locking up people who move too much.

Crystal Thenis
Mar 23, 2023

by sebmojo

Jakabite posted:

We don’t need to pick apart the word assimilate to ascertain that you’re a total oval office, you’ve already said you want GRT people to be locked up and to have their children removed if they don’t give up their way of life. Whatever word you want to use for it, you’re describing ethnic cleansing.

show me where i said those things

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Angepain
Jul 13, 2012

there are definitely solutions to improving access to education and healthcare for the children that don't involve forcing them into ghettos government mandated housing schemes