Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

LifeSunDeath
Jan 4, 2007

still gay rights and smoke weed every day

20 Blunts posted:

i feel like Illinois dispensaries are starting to offer less premium flower options and I'm a bit disturbed by the trend.

yeah something is off with IL weed situation. my homie was getting stuff from there sent to him for a while and it was as close to shwag as I've seen legal weed, and would occasionally get vape carts from his guy that ended up being fake carts (not all of them but definitely some). I'm like fake carts from a legal state...something is seriously wrong.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Earwicker
Jan 6, 2003

im visiting NYC for a few days and maybe its just because im staying in the LES but wow it sure seems like there are a lot more dispensaries here now than there were even like... just a few months ago. its like Eugene Oregon level of weed saturation, at least in this neighborhood. i brought some with me because i didnt want to pay nyc prices so i havent even gone into one yet some of them look like sketchy old head shops that evolved into semi-legit dispensaries and some of them look like high concept clubs that won't even let you in if you aren't wearing a thousand dollars worth of clothes

Code Jockey
Jan 24, 2006

69420 basic bytes free
Have a presentation to give in an hour, and it'll be a breeze / short, but anxiety isn't exactly rational

so I'm enjoying this blueberry kush cart I got entirely by accident, thinking I was ordering a distillate syringe for making edibles

not too much, just enough to smooth the edges out

dervival
Apr 23, 2014

LifeSunDeath posted:

yeah something is off with IL weed situation. my homie was getting stuff from there sent to him for a while and it was as close to shwag as I've seen legal weed, and would occasionally get vape carts from his guy that ended up being fake carts (not all of them but definitely some). I'm like fake carts from a legal state...something is seriously wrong.

Yeah, that's absolutely hosed - was there any manufacturer info on the false carts? If they're to blame for the counterfeits I'd avoid them like the plague, there's no reason for that nowadays

ReelBigLizard
Feb 27, 2003

Fallen Rib

Code Jockey posted:

Have a presentation to give in an hour, and it'll be a breeze / short, but anxiety isn't exactly rational

so I'm enjoying this blueberry kush cart I got entirely by accident, thinking I was ordering a distillate syringe for making edibles

not too much, just enough to smooth the edges out

I'm giving training for a client next week and I'll definitely be rounding off the edges before I leave the house. I'm also a little high at most board meetings too tbf it's my prescribed medication after all.

Oldstench
Jun 29, 2007

Let's talk about where you're going.
I'm gonna smoke some weed and then clean the house a bit.

Earwicker
Jan 6, 2003

im going to go find a bench to sit outside and smoke a big joint and listen to tourists complaining about how nyc smells to much like weed now. perhaps i will remind them that pre-legalization it mostly smelled like piss and garbage, and that i'm just doing my part to help out.

cumpantry
Dec 18, 2020

i love the smell of weed but im sure im biased lol. i cant stand nicotine smell, but id take even that over piss and garbage

dervival
Apr 23, 2014

now the question is, which terpenes complement the smell of weed the best

Macichne Leainig
Jul 26, 2012

by VG

dervival posted:

now the question is, which terpenes complement the smell of weed the best

I couldn't tell you the names but my nose will tell you when it likes a good weed sniff.

Vampire Panties
Apr 18, 2001
nposter
Nap Ghost
hey weed thread big warning - THCV is a dirty loving scam. I bought a couple of vape carts (at a loving premium :rolleyes:) marketing THCV as a better Sativa high 'more focused, more energy' type poo poo.

Which it does, because THCV counteracts the high of THC These worthless carts may as well be CBD for the amount of high I've been. Oh also THCV seems to suppress appetite like meth - I've had to force myself to eat the last two days but I've slept like 10 hours a night (and woke up feeling lovely). I've never been so angry about a weed product before. Its literally a vape cart of the worst possible parts of weed with zero benefits, for which I paid a premium. Tbh between this experience and the :airquote: THCA :airquote: pink princess weed I smoked a few months ago, IMO anything THC* is bullshit covering up worthless product. Kinda want to crosspost this with the enshittification thread, because it blows my mind that people are marketing weed that doesn't get you high. I consume Sativa exclusively to counteract a lifetime of sadbrains, and this being marketed as uplifting is the biggest horseshit imaginable.

EDIT

not to keep ranting about how worthless THCV is, but I've had a bad UC flareup this week and I genuinely believe its related. I wouldnt get that if these carts were CBD. How loving worthless

Vampire Panties fucked around with this message at 17:53 on Aug 4, 2023

Chief McHeath
Apr 23, 2002
Probation
Can't post for 3 days!
thcv is super loving expensive distillate and its really hard to work with. id imagine the cart is closer to 5-10% THCV, maybe upwards of 20% and the rest is....? probably delta 8?

ive always seen thcv marketed as a weightloss/appetite suppressant/stimulant kind of thing and really only in gummies and tinctures and not as a high-inducing cannabinoid

Code Jockey
Jan 24, 2006

69420 basic bytes free

Not too bad. Raspberry gummy with lots of maui wowie distillate

The flavor is just... one of those bizarre weed-adjacent palate things that I couldn't explain outside of knowing it, but it's quite good!

AWWNAW
Dec 30, 2008

LifeSunDeath posted:

I found two brands I usually get in IL and they haven’t really gone downhill as far as I can tell: rhythm and flora cal

I have noticed in the past few months there are some new brands like “find” that market themselves as affordable (lovely)

Hirayuki
Mar 28, 2010

Chief McHeath posted:

ive always seen thcv marketed as a weightloss/appetite suppressant/stimulant kind of thing and really only in gummies and tinctures and not as a high-inducing cannabinoid
My THCV gummies were reviewed as being a pick-me-up as well as an appetite killer. I bought them because I can't get my hands on any Durban Poison, which is high (:haw:) in the stuff and doesn't give you the munchies. But the 15 mg gummies had no discernable effect at all--and I'm a super lightweight. :shrug: At least they were cheap? I also suspect there was something else in the cart that hosed you up, and not in the good way.

SilvergunSuperman
Aug 7, 2010

Got a 600 MG captain crunch dosed mini cereal thats fun as hell, I'd link a photo but someone itt would have an aneurysm imagining it falling into the hands of kids

Carth Dookie
Jan 28, 2013

I finally encountered the true dark side of weed:

late night munchies resulting in uber eats orders for burger king plant based whopper and a hot chocolate.

I am not proud.

Carth Dookie
Jan 28, 2013

new weed script came in and its mighty is what I'm saying

Carth Dookie
Jan 28, 2013

sold a guitar today and mourning/celebrating

redshirt
Aug 11, 2007

What would you do with unlimited weed?

Carth Dookie
Jan 28, 2013

ascend to my true form;

same as I am now but astronomically high and much fatter

Earwicker
Jan 6, 2003

i'd save a lot of money!

Oldstench
Jun 29, 2007

Let's talk about where you're going.

Earwicker posted:

i'd save a lot of money!
Try getting really paranoid and nervous like I do. It means I can make an 8th last close to a year.

Carth Dookie
Jan 28, 2013

Plant whopper turned out pretty decent actually

Earwicker
Jan 6, 2003

Oldstench posted:

Try getting really paranoid and nervous like I do. It means I can make an 8th last close to a year.

sometimes sativas make me feel that way so i mostly smoke indica

Macichne Leainig
Jul 26, 2012

by VG

Carth Dookie posted:

Is it the impossible brand plant meat? I actually don’t hate that stuff

Hellblazer187
Oct 12, 2003

I got dosing capsules for my POTV One vape. So, I cleaned the vape itself and loaded all 12 capsules I bought with a hemp/weed blend. Should help everything stay a bit cleaner.

Hellblazer187
Oct 12, 2003

Carth Dookie posted:

In the US do they sell the "Dogpper" at burger king? Based on the signs, I thought it would be like, an actual hamburger for your dog. Just like, I dunno with anything non-dog safe removed, maybe a special recipe in the bun or patty to make it better for dogs. But no, it's just a regular dog treat shaped like a cartoon bone. They give it to you for free when you order something at burger king. My dog did like it, though.

redshirt
Aug 11, 2007

Macichne Leainig posted:

I love it. It's opened the world of tacos to me.

My Dad Nintendo
Oct 7, 2005

Carth Dookie posted:

sold a guitar today and mourning/celebrating

Thats a tough one

MrQwerty
Apr 15, 2003

LOVE IS BEAUTIFUL
(づ ̄ ³ ̄)づ♥(‘∀’●)

redshirt posted:

What would you do with unlimited weed?

personally, I would smoke it

Macichne Leainig
Jul 26, 2012

by VG
MMJ card secured for remainder of 2023 thru Aug 2024.

Another year, another weed

bagmonkey
May 13, 2003

Grimey Drawer

Hellblazer187 posted:

I got dosing capsules for my POTV One vape. So, I cleaned the vape itself and loaded all 12 capsules I bought with a hemp/weed blend. Should help everything stay a bit cleaner.

Dosing capsules are so loving awesome

redshirt
Aug 11, 2007

Macichne Leainig posted:

MMJ card secured for remainder of 2023 thru Aug 2024.

Another year, another weed

Do you have to renew it every year?

bagmonkey
May 13, 2003

Grimey Drawer

redshirt posted:

Every state is different iirc, Michigan is every two years, I gotta find a new doc next year for mine

Hirayuki
Mar 28, 2010

bagmonkey posted:

Every state is different iirc, Michigan is every two years, I gotta find a new doc next year for mine
Did your old one retire/quit, or did you just get (justifiably) sick of listening to his lizard people poo poo?

redshirt
Aug 11, 2007

bagmonkey posted:

Dang. Here in Maine you just go to the weed store and buy weed.

Carth Dookie
Jan 28, 2013

Macichne Leainig posted:

No idea

Hammu-rob-i posted:

Thats a tough one

I can only play one guitar at a time so I have a strict one in one out policy. It was a great guitar, I just never played it because I had too many others that suit my needs better.

RIP the Ibanez: you were awesome looking, sounded wild as a demon being crushed by a hydraulic press, but alas I only have 2 arms and so much time;

The first thing the guy who bought it did is drop it to D tuning and chug on it so at least I know it's going to a good home.

bagmonkey
May 13, 2003

Grimey Drawer

Hirayuki posted:

Did your old one retire/quit, or did you just get (justifiably) sick of listening to his lizard people poo poo?

Hahahahaha soooo I’ll retell the story cuz why not

Doctor Dave was his name, he’s in Pleasant Ridge, dude was cool the first time around in 2018 I think? Math isn’t adding up but first time around dude was cool, dad joke kinda deal, personable and not weird. Second time time around in 2020 though… holy poo poo. Dude lost his marbles and spent the 20 minutes over the phone for renewal blabbing about adrenochrome and CIA child molesters and the whole loving gamut. It was so loving awkward. Dude already had ALL of my personal info after he started in, so I just sucked it up and didn’t say poo poo.

Anywho MI did change their laws, I forgot, because medical cards have your picture now and they extended the renewal window to like 4 years instead of two.

redshirt posted:

Dang. Here in Maine you just go to the weed store and buy weed.

I mean we have a way better rec market that Maine but medical affords me a bunch of protections and discounts that outweigh the ‘maybe not able to buy a gun? Idk’ negative

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Macichne Leainig
Jul 26, 2012

by VG

redshirt posted:

Yeah Colorado is yearly. I live in Colorado Springs which is medical only basically and I'm fairly certain the place I go to basically rubberstamps your application if you have a qualifying condition (which is how it probably should be imho)

Aside from the doctor ranting about government subsidized healthcare in Canada for like 5 minutes straight. Just nod n smile, sign my papers please ty