Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Suburban Dad
Jan 10, 2007

Well what's attached to a leash that it made itself?
The punchline is the way that you've been fuckin' yourself

Quantum of Phallus posted:

GBA on the deck is unreal, it looks soooo good.

I was blown away playing Minish Cap for the first time on deck. I had one of the original non backlit GBAs and couldn't see poo poo.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kin
Nov 4, 2003

Sometimes, in a city this dirty, you need a real hero.
Speaking of emulation, has the 3DS been bored lately?

I've not booted the deck up for a while and when I did yesterday, I updated steam, etc.

Now citra won't open in game or desktop mode.

I even reinstalled it with the new emudeck version and stuff and it's the same issue.

Macichne Leainig
Jul 26, 2012

by VG

alexandriao posted:

how much pot did this person smoke

The weird rear end physical shape and layout tells me this is probably half AI generated garbage photoshopped to look less like it plopped right out the rear end in a top hat of an Eldtrich horror

quiggy
Aug 7, 2010

[in Russian] Oof.

Anybody in here pick up BG3 yet? Is it comfortably playable on Deck?

Vic
Nov 26, 2009

malae fidei cum XI_XXVI_MMIX

Macichne Leainig posted:

The weird rear end physical shape and layout tells me this is probably half AI generated garbage photoshopped to look less like it plopped right out the rear end in a top hat of an Eldtrich horror

No all their designs are like this:

SundayMoney
Feb 21, 2006

The face of the new economy

quiggy posted:

Anybody in here pick up BG3 yet? Is it comfortably playable on Deck?

I played the EA on it. Set it to medium settings and max 40fps and you are fine. I didn't get super involved with the settings because controller support will be available for launch but I mapped the camera rotate buttons to Y and A respectively. Besides that mostly just the right stick to point and click. I know they are working on getting it deck verified.

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

FEAR MY SHARK ROCKET IT REALLY SUCKS AND BLOWS
I started fooling around with installing Chiaki but am getting an error I'll have to look into later. Just wanted to make sure - Chiaki will allow you to do remote play to your PlayStation, but there's no way to get the PlayStation Plus app on your deck so you can stream games from PS+ when you're not at home, right?

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

🚣RowboatMan: ❄️Freezing time🕰️ is an old P.I. 🥧trick...

alexandriao posted:

how much pot did this person smoke

I think this is complete bullshit like the rest of you, but that doesn't stop me from being irrationally ticked off about the complete lack of touchpads.

That's like the most essential aspect of the deck's controls, aside from or in addition to the almost infinite customizability of it all. You might not use them for gaming, but they need to be there.

History Comes Inside!
Nov 20, 2004

Medullah posted:

I started fooling around with installing Chiaki but am getting an error I'll have to look into later. Just wanted to make sure - Chiaki will allow you to do remote play to your PlayStation, but there's no way to get the PlayStation Plus app on your deck so you can stream games from PS+ when you're not at home, right?

Correct

RandolphCarter
Jul 30, 2005

How much space is taken up by steamOS? Moved all my games to my sd card, and deleted most of my shaders and something is still taking up 35gb on my ssd.

Sterf
Dec 31, 2004

Most likely the compatdata folders for the games, they stay on the internal storage.

RandolphCarter
Jul 30, 2005

Sterf posted:

Most likely the compatdata folders for the games, they stay on the internal storage.

Can I safely delete these? Trying to make sure I have more than enough room for BG3.

History Comes Inside!
Nov 20, 2004

No because they make the games work good

njsykora
Jan 23, 2012

Robots confuse squirrels.

Jesus christ BG3 is 150gb?

RandolphCarter
Jul 30, 2005

History Comes Inside! posted:

No because they make the games work good

Shame.

Hammer Bro.
Jul 7, 2007

THUNDERDOME LOSER

njsykora posted:

Glad that 1TB SSD I ordered showed up early.

Gonna get that big fat download started even though it might be a while 'fore I have a chance to crack it open.

Foul Fowl
Sep 12, 2008

Uuuuh! Seek ye me?
i would like to know how good the controller support is once you've got that fat chunk of game downloaded

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

njsykora posted:

Yeah there is a lot of bear fuckin in there.

Hammer Bro.
Jul 7, 2007

THUNDERDOME LOSER

Since they've axed local split screen, does anyone know if it would be possible to do co-op between my Desktop PC and the Steam Deck using only one copy of the game because we only have one Steam account?

Upsidads
Jan 11, 2007
Now and then we had a hope that if we lived and were good, God would permit us to be pirates

Remote play streaming maybe

jabro
Mar 25, 2003

July Mock Draft 2014

1st PLACE
RUNNER-UP
got the knowshon

You’d probably have to get the SD to be recognized as a controller for the PC while also streaming to the deck.

jabro fucked around with this message at 16:44 on Aug 3, 2023

compounded daily
Mar 29, 2007

:buddy:
Fun Shoe
Bit of an odd question; so me and my friend are going halfsies on a gog copy of BG3 so we can play it together, and even though we could play on the same PC, we both own Steam Decks, and want to LAN it up on the couch like the pair of weird nerds we are. If I downloaded the standalone installer to my deck, would I have to run it through Steam with special settings, or do some kind of weird Wine/Lutris wizardry to install it? In all honesty, if it's any amount of a hassle, I might just buy my own copy, but I'm a cheapskate and looking to save a few bucks

Squiggle
Sep 29, 2002

I don't think she likes the special sauce, Rick.

Beve Stuscemi posted:

I am addicted to mars first logistics and it’s perfect on the deck

It sure is - this post finally got me off my rear end to buy it, and it's one of those perfect Deck games - gameplay can be bite-sized, controls are good, visuals are simple, and you get like 5 hours battery time.

tater_salad
Sep 15, 2007

how fiddly is Mars First? I hate games where you have to spend 3 hours configuring the elctronics to control a boom

RandolphCarter
Jul 30, 2005

Switch to proton experimental for BG3, wouldn’t launch until I did

LeFishy
Jul 21, 2010

tater_salad posted:

how fiddly is Mars First? I hate games where you have to spend 3 hours configuring the elctronics to control a boom

Middle. I hate super fiddly stuff but love a bit of fiddling and this crosses that fence really well in my opinion. You can group things together and change inputs if you want but mostly you can just slap stuff together and go for it.

Part of it is just that it’s very easy to intuit how things will work and it nearly always works as expected in my experience.

priznat
Jul 7, 2009

Let's get drunk and kiss each other all night.
My news reading app got all clogged up with Yanko Design stupid bullshit I had to block them because it was just a lot of stuff that didn’t exist and would never exist but they thought looked cool.

Deck related there is a decent looking bundle on Fanatical: https://www.fanatical.com/en/pick-and-mix/platinum-collection-build-your-own-bundle

I’m thinking Owlboy, any other ones worth checking out?

Time
Aug 1, 2011

It Was All A Dream
Tried windowed mode and still no keyboard input for elden ring lmao

Vic
Nov 26, 2009

Time posted:

Yeah a page or two back I tried all the steam release channels and everything. The text input field is borked on Steam's side. hosed itself up after the latest update.

Re: Baldur's Gate 3, this guy does spoiler free reviews including Steam Deck playability:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8h64EYMoLF8

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

Time posted:

Gotta go big brain (bind some keuyboard letters to the radial menu). I have Elden on PS5 so no idea if this works

abraham linksys
Sep 6, 2010

:darksouls:
this is just for character creation right? if you have a bluetooth keyboard or a usb keyboard and a usb c/a adapter or dock you could get through that thing no problem i assume

Time
Aug 1, 2011

It Was All A Dream

abraham linksys posted:

this is just for character creation right? if you have a bluetooth keyboard or a usb keyboard and a usb c/a adapter or dock you could get through that thing no problem i assume

The only computer I own is a laptop I don’t have any of this crap lying around lol. Anyway I’m back to playing cyberpunk I don’t actually care if it loads or not I’m just laughing at the big green ✅ next to it

sigher
Apr 22, 2008

My guiding Moonlight...

You could always create the character on your laptop, save and exit and just load your save up on the Deck.

Kin
Nov 4, 2003

Sometimes, in a city this dirty, you need a real hero.
Reposting from earlier, but I'm having issues with 3DS emulation.

I had it working fine, but now when I try to boot up a game, or the citra emulator itself (in desktop or game mode) it just closes immediately.

I've tried reinstalling it and deleting shader caches which some other forums recommended, but it didn't help.

Anyone know what might be up and how I fix it?

The only thing I've done since I last used the emulator was to update everything.

Not having issues with any of the other emulators too. Just Citra.

sigher
Apr 22, 2008

My guiding Moonlight...

When I have issues with emulators just closing immediately it's because I renamed the ROM or deleted it, but if Citra itself isn't loading I'm not sure. You could always try to rerun SRM to see if that'll get it working.

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

Time posted:

The only computer I own is a laptop I don’t have any of this crap lying around lol. Anyway I’m back to playing cyberpunk I don’t actually care if it loads or not I’m just laughing at the big green ✅ next to it

I don’t remember this being an issue when I did it months ago.

The green check means it was good at that time and I don’t think they go back and change it if something breaks unless they get specifically get told about it.

Vic
Nov 26, 2009

yea as i said it got broken in the august update specifically. Did it no problem, updated, and got the same problem. I think it could be done via desktop mode because that one doesnt intercept text fields iirc.

Mr Phillby
Apr 8, 2009

~TRAVIS~
Dinkum was on sale and it looked good for the deck so i bought it

Having an issue though, the right side of the milestones menu doesn't seem accessible? Like i cant get there on contoller. Tried enabling mouse on the touch screen and touch pads. I can get a cursor over there but if i click or press anything it puts the cursor back on the left side.

The daily milestones are on the right side, it looks to all the world like i'm supposed to select them and claim their permit point rewards but i just cant? Only on day 1 am i missing something?

50/50 on me not understanding what im meant to do vs the steam deck just having a random control issue.

Time
Aug 1, 2011

It Was All A Dream
I launched it in desktop mode and even launched it windowed and no dice. then i got bored of troubleshooting

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

Vic posted:

yea as i said it got broken in the august update specifically. Did it no problem, updated, and got the same problem. I think it could be done via desktop mode because that one doesnt intercept text fields iirc.

If you report it they would either fix it or change the verified status.