Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Bugblatter
Aug 4, 2003

God Hobbes and Shaw was so boring. I can’t remember how long it really is, but if felt like the longest film I’ve ever sat through.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dillbag
Mar 4, 2007

Click here to join Lem Lee in the Hell Of Being Cut To Pieces
Nap Ghost

Bogus Adventure posted:

Jason Statham owns. Almost every movie I've seen him in is watchable. Except for Ghosts of Mars. That movie is most definitely not good.

What about the Dungeon Siege movie by noted Lowtax puncher Uwe Boll?

Bogus Adventure
Jan 11, 2017

More like "Bulges Adventure"

Dillbag posted:

What about the Dungeon Siege movie by noted Lowtax puncher Uwe Boll?

I love that movie. It has Ray Liotta as an evil sorcerer! That cast is incredible: Jason Statham, Burt Reynolds, Ray Liotta, and Leelee Sobieski as the main cast, and John Rhys Davies, Ron Perlman, Matthew Lillard as your supporting cast. It unironically rules in how ambitiously bad it is, and the cast giving it's all to save it.

Colonel Whitey
May 22, 2004

This shit's about to go off.
God Hobbs and Shaw was so terrible even by that franchise’s standards

Last King
Sep 29, 2007

In corporate R'lyeh, Cthulhu works you.

Fun Shoe

MacheteZombie posted:

Wrong. Ghosts of Mars is good. The bad Statham movie is hobbes n shaw

what? you don't like to watch two hours of the rock and statham jerking each other off?

Hirez
Feb 3, 2003

Weber scored 49 points?

:allears: :allears: :allears:
Idris Elba was there too, in robot form or some poo poo

Wizchine
Sep 17, 2007

Television is the retina
of the mind's eye.
I wanted the Idris Elba character to win and kill the other two. Alas...

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

I MAY LOOK LIKE SHIT BUT IM ALSO DUMB AS FUCK

Bugblatter posted:

but if felt like the longest film I’ve ever sat through.

That's MI:7 for me.

davidspackage
May 16, 2007

Nap Ghost

Bogus Adventure posted:

I love that movie. It has Ray Liotta as an evil sorcerer! That cast is incredible: Jason Statham, Burt Reynolds, Ray Liotta, and Leelee Sobieski as the main cast, and John Rhys Davies, Ron Perlman, Matthew Lillard as your supporting cast. It unironically rules in how ambitiously bad it is, and the cast giving it's all to save it.

I want to revisit it one of these days. Only Boll would cast Statham, Reynolds and Liotta in a fantasy movie.

Bugblatter
Aug 4, 2003

I don’t think the new MI is that bad but it was a huge step down from the previous three.

Bogus Adventure
Jan 11, 2017

davidspackage posted:

I want to revisit it one of these days. Only Boll would cast Statham, Reynolds and Liotta in a fantasy movie.

It's not a good movie, but I found it really entertaining. Lillard is really good at playing this lovely Duke/King's nephew who is conspiring to take control. I'll straight up admit that he steals the show, and is a much better actor than he gets credit for since he usually plays goofs, slackers, losers, or Shaggys. Liotta just smolders as this angry sorcerer, and Burt Reynolds does his smug Burt Reynolds thing while talking about the importance of being a king. Statham gets to do his martial arts/stunts while softly growling his lines. The only person who is really wasted is Sobieski. She's the daughter of the king's magus (Davies), and gets treated as unimportant/incompetent because she's a woman despite being a powerful magus in her own right. She is good in it, but lol that her character is seduced by old-rear end Liotta.

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

Statham in Spy is real good.

Lobok
Jul 13, 2006

Say Watt?

The car wasn't on fire. I was on fire.

Open Source Idiom
Jan 4, 2013
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_RV_CZk0d2g

Uncle Boogeyman
Jul 22, 2007

best Statham movie is Cellular, also the best Chris Evans movie

BonoMan
Feb 20, 2002

Jade Ear Joe

I mean.....sure! Why not!

I'm here for the Sewer Boys.

MacheteZombie
Feb 4, 2007

Uncle Boogeyman posted:

best Statham movie is Cellular, also the best Chris Evans movie

I forgot that movie existed

Uncle Boogeyman
Jul 22, 2007

MacheteZombie posted:

I forgot that movie existed

i didn't actually see it until last year, it owns. David R. Ellis forever.

thrawn527
Mar 27, 2004

Thrawn/Pellaeon
Studying the art of terrorists
To keep you safe

...what the hell was that?

Punkin Spunkin
Jan 1, 2010
There's basically nothing worse than a "funny" a24 movie. The only time it hasn't made me want to rip my eyes out is Beau is Afraid

Uncle Boogeyman
Jul 22, 2007

Punkin Spunkin posted:

There's basically nothing worse than a "funny" a24 movie. The only time it hasn't made me want to rip my eyes out is Beau is Afraid

Uncut Gems

Benson Cunningham
Dec 9, 2006

Chief of J.U.N.K.E.R. H.Q.
Lamb was pretty funny.

Uncle Boogeyman
Jul 22, 2007

Benson Cunningham posted:

Lamb was pretty funny.

Lamb was such a first draft of a movie lol. I did love parts of it.

DC Murderverse
Nov 10, 2016

"Tell that to Zod's snapped neck!"

Punkin Spunkin posted:

I remember watching the very first A24 movie, that one directed by a bargain bin Coppola and starring Charlie Sheen in his very last attempt to be taken seriously. It was very bad

Luckily for them, Spring Breakers came out and set them on the proper path but yeah their comedy output is way shakier

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post
Weren't the sewer boys milk shake duck'd? I can't believe they are in this movie >:I

Colonel Whitey
May 22, 2004

This shit's about to go off.
That looks like poo poo

BonoMan
Feb 20, 2002

Jade Ear Joe

Snooze Cruise posted:

Weren't the sewer boys milk shake duck'd? I can't believe they are in this movie >:I

Wait they're a real thing? I thought it was just a prop for this movie. I've never heard of 'em.

live with fruit
Aug 15, 2010
I always love when trailers put "X-Award Winner" ahead of everyone's name, and then you get to the one person who doesn't have anything. Makes them seem like a real loser.

Ror
Oct 21, 2010

😸Everything's 🗞️ purrfect!💯🤟

A lot of people in the comments saying it looks like the worst thing ever, but it doesn't even get that much of a rise out of me. Apparently it's an adaptation of an off-Broadway show with the same two leads and yeah, that tracks 100% for me. That is largely the state of musical theater comedy for the past decade and even if you like that sort of thing, it never translates well to film.

DC Murderverse
Nov 10, 2016

"Tell that to Zod's snapped neck!"

Amazing we get this but still don’t have a Book of Mormon movie

i think the time has passed where that would work, there are aspects that could have been ignored if they had done it when the fire was hot but would have to be drastically reworked if they made it now

FoneBone
Oct 24, 2004
stupid, stupid rat creatures

I hope the songs are more clever than what the snippets from that trailer would imply

the Sewer Boys suggest some grotesque absurdism that could be fun, but everything else... pretty dire

Bogus Adventure
Jan 11, 2017

We unironically need more dumb musicals, and it's not like I'm not going to want to watch a Lane/Mullally team-up. Adding Megan Thee Stallion and the Sewer Boys is just a nice surprise.

thrawn527
Mar 27, 2004

Thrawn/Pellaeon
To keep you safe

FoneBone posted:

I hope the songs are more clever than what the snippets from that trailer would imply

the Sewer Boys suggest some grotesque absurdism that could be fun, but everything else... pretty dire

The Sewer Boys imply this is going to be Nothing But Trouble, but a musical. I'm out.

Are they actually a thing I don't know about? Or new for this movie? I'm very confused.

Bogus Adventure
Jan 11, 2017

You don't know The Sewer Boys?!?

I've never heard of them, didn't find any hits on Google, so I'm guessing it's for the film.

It's A24, so there is a good chance this will be better than Nothing But Trouble. It looks more like The Parent Trap meets reality, where there are legitimate reasons why the mom and dad broke up (like the dad being as gay as a three dollar bill...and just as thin).

Punkin Spunkin
Jan 1, 2010
The Sewer Boys got famous off tiktok but there's been some pretty iffy stories floating around online about what they're like around fans

thrawn527
Mar 27, 2004

Thrawn/Pellaeon
To keep you safe

Punkin Spunkin posted:

The Sewer Boys got famous off tiktok but there's been some pretty iffy stories floating around online about what they're like around fans

Oh it's a tiktok thing? That's even weirder.

Jerkface
May 21, 2001

HOW DOES IT FEEL TO BE DEAD, MOTHERFUCKER?

thrawn527 posted:

Oh it's a tiktok thing? That's even weirder.

BonoMan posted:

Wait they're a real thing? I thought it was just a prop for this movie. I've never heard of 'em.

you guys are killing me!!!

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005

Tider skal komme,
tider skal henrulle,
slægt skal følge slægters gang

i just skipped around the trailer, are the sewer boys the weird mutants in the cage at the end?

acksplode
May 17, 2004

Punkin Spunkin posted:

Word is that one of them is cancelled and one of them is not, but they only let you ask one question to figure out which is which

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sir Kodiak
May 14, 2007

Carthag Tuek posted:

i just skipped around the trailer, are the sewer boys the weird mutants in the cage at the end?

That's the premise of the jokes people are telling, but at the risk of spoiling it, The Sewer Boys is just the production company of Nathan Lane and his husband, playwright Devlin Elliott, in a reference to the "underground" Broadway scene.