Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Ryuujin
Sep 26, 2007
Dragon God
Yeah Conrasu is my go to for Wood+Water Kineticist Healer idea. Though that 17th level feat that makes it so you don't become immune to your Sunlight Healing after using it also maxes the healing so 136 instead of 17d8. My plan for that build would be Wood and Water dual gate, get as many healing options as possible, grab Medic dedication if in a Free Archetype game, and build for that Sunlight Healing ability, I just wish it was usable on allies once every ten minutes instead of once per day.

My other Kineticist idea is mono Fire trying to be all up close and personal with the Fire Aura Junction and Thermal Nimbus, but I just don't know what Ancestry to go for that.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mister Olympus
Oct 31, 2011

Buzzard, Who Steals From Dead Bodies
goblin for burn it, probably, or hobgoblin into runtsage for burn it

Ryuujin
Sep 26, 2007
Dragon God
I thought about Goblin Burn It but unless they change the wording with the Remaster it doesn't actually work on Impulses.

Arivia
Mar 17, 2011

appropriatemetaphor posted:

I want to play a cop kineticist

bomb squad

Chevy Slyme
May 2, 2004

We're Gonna Run.

We're Gonna Crawl.

Kick Down Every Wall.
1) Kineticist is up in Pathbuilder, but not Nethys yet. It''s also live in the latest Foundry update, but...

2) :siren: Do not update Foundry if you aren't ready for new Remaster spell names/rules changes in your game.:siren:

The newest Foundry update has begun the process of integrating remaster name changes/spell revisions/errata etc etc. So, Produce Flame is now Ignition, Flat Footed is now Off Guard, a bunch of other adjustments large and small all over the place. All future Foundry updates are going to be remastered based going forward, so if you Fear Change (or just don't want to deal with it for a campaign in progress), don't update.

Arrrthritis
May 31, 2007

I don't care if you're a star, the moon, or the whole damn sky, you need to come back down to earth and remember where you came from

Blockhouse posted:

boy how about that Kineticist huh what a real cool class can't wait to play one

I was thinking I'd want to be a dwarf fire + metal kineticist, really lean into being a living forge of a person.

Their gencon keynote said that they're going to announce two new classes in september, so it should be pretty exciting to see what they have slated for the future.

The Slack Lagoon
Jun 17, 2008

Arrrthritis posted:

Their gencon keynote said that they're going to announce two new classes in september, so it should be pretty exciting to see what they have slated for the future.

Please be shifter

Kyrosiris
May 24, 2006

You try to be happy when everyone is summoning you everywhere to "be their friend".

Starfinder 2E :vince:

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

The Slack Lagoon posted:

Please be shifter

Both are classes that have never been in pathfinder before.

They also said that one of the core gods will die.

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

Starfinder 2 will apparently be 100% compatible with PF2

which is weird

Chevy Slyme
May 2, 2004

We're Gonna Run.

We're Gonna Crawl.

Kick Down Every Wall.
Playtest page is up for Starfinder

https://paizo.com/starfinderplaytest

Kyrosiris
May 24, 2006

You try to be happy when everyone is summoning you everywhere to "be their friend".

Chevy Slyme posted:

Playtest page is up for Starfinder

https://paizo.com/starfinderplaytest

I love the glitch gremlin and will protect them with my life

sugar free jazz
Mar 5, 2008

please don't be shifter i still hold a grudge against the class for being so bad and take the oozemorph as a personal insult

Silver2195
Apr 4, 2012

Arrrthritis posted:

I was thinking I'd want to be a dwarf fire + metal kineticist, really lean into being a living forge of a person.

Ooh. What new classes does everyone want to see? My ideas:

• The Shifter is the big one. PF1 implemented it badly, but the idea of versatile shapeshifting as your primary thing is very cool. In general I like the idea of classes with specific but versatile supernatural powers, instead of Vancian casting.
  • Though for fans of Vancian casting, there are obvious "holes": there's no Wis-based arcane or occult casters! PF1 had a Wis-based occult caster (the Spiritualist), and I guess a Wis-based arcane caster could be called a Mystic or something like that?
  • As Mark Seifter has pointed out, the removal of spell schools adds the potential for a Necromancer as its own class. Though there are already multiple necromancy-related archetypes, and the main necromancy-related thing people want that isn't currently supported (having a bunch of minions) is hard to do in a logistically manageable way within the system, so maybe not.
  • Some kind of Soulknife-like class - like the Blade Ally option for Champions, combined with either bounded occult casting or the Rogue/Investigator skill progression.

Megaman's Jockstrap
Jul 16, 2000

What a horrible thread to have a post.
I'm pulling for Battlemind and Warlord (obviously with different names, but in spirit), hopefully.

Red Metal
Oct 23, 2012

Let me tell you about Homestuck

Fun Shoe
Someone did a full writeup of the keynote here.
Of note, about the two new classes

quote:

Neither class has ever appeared in the world of Golarion before, the name of the book is still a spoiler.
So it's definitely not shifter.

Ravus Ursus
Mar 30, 2017

Man the PF2 discord is popping off and the SF discord has got a hot take debate going on.

Zurai
Feb 13, 2012

Wait -- I haven't even voted in this game yet!

Didn't they just say a few months ago that there wouldn't be a PF2-style SF2?

Not that I object. SF was a weird middle ground between PF1 and PF2 and it suffered for it. I can't imagine a change to PF2 mechanics being anything but a significant net positive.

rare Magic card l00k
Jan 3, 2011

Ravus Ursus posted:

Man the PF2 discord is popping off and the SF discord has got a hot take debate going on.

Well that's not surprising.

Pathfinder 2e is getting a fresh coat of paint, and Starfinder is basically not going to exist anymore, because Starfinder fully compatible with Pathfinder 2e is Starfinder as it is not existing anymore.

Ravus Ursus
Mar 30, 2017

Zurai posted:

Not that I object. SF was a weird middle ground between PF1 and PF2 and it suffered for it. I can't imagine a change to PF2 mechanics being anything but a significant net positive.

The OGL nonsense probably cause them to have to make some changes.

rare Magic card l00k posted:

Pathfinder 2e is getting a fresh coat of paint, and Starfinder is basically not going to exist anymore, because Starfinder fully compatible with Pathfinder 2e is Starfinder as it is not existing anymore.

They're not going to come to your house and take your SF1 books away my friend.

Lurks With Wolves
Jan 14, 2013

At least I don't dance with them, right?

Red Metal posted:

Someone did a full writeup of the keynote here.
Of note, about the two new classes

So it's definitely not shifter.

Also worth noting that the classes are going to be part of the linewide push for a divine war that's going to kill one of Golarion's gods, so expect them to involve warfare or weird divine stuff. Maybe even a dedicated necromancy class, if they can make that work.

Chevy Slyme
May 2, 2004

We're Gonna Run.

We're Gonna Crawl.

Kick Down Every Wall.

Zurai posted:

They said “not now,” not “not ever.”

Chevy Slyme
May 2, 2004

We're Gonna Run.

We're Gonna Crawl.

Kick Down Every Wall.

Silver2195 posted:

Ooh. What new classes does everyone want to see? My ideas:

• The Shifter is the big one. PF1 implemented it badly, but the idea of versatile shapeshifting as your primary thing is very cool. In general I like the idea of classes with specific but versatile supernatural powers, instead of Vancian casting.
  • Though for fans of Vancian casting, there are obvious "holes": there's no Wis-based arcane or occult casters! PF1 had a Wis-based occult caster (the Spiritualist), and I guess a Wis-based arcane caster could be called a Mystic or something like that?
  • As Mark Seifter has pointed out, the removal of spell schools adds the potential for a Necromancer as its own class. Though there are already multiple necromancy-related archetypes, and the main necromancy-related thing people want that isn't currently supported (having a bunch of minions) is hard to do in a logistically manageable way within the system, so maybe not.
  • Some kind of Soulknife-like class - like the Blade Ally option for Champions, combined with either bounded occult casting or the Rogue/Investigator skill progression.

My money is on a Wis based martial and a Wis based bounded caster.

Mister Olympus
Oct 31, 2011

Buzzard, Who Steals From Dead Bodies
it's hard to think of broad fantasy archetypes that aren't already reasonably doable. a class representing someone like frodo, an otherwise unremarkable non-adventurer who happens to be the only person capable of holding an artifact of unimaginable power, maybe

a dedicated necromancer would also be nice if that isn't one of the wizard subclasses

Mister Olympus fucked around with this message at 17:30 on Aug 3, 2023

Lamuella
Jun 26, 2003

It's like goldy or bronzy, but made of iron.

Kyrosiris posted:

I love the glitch gremlin and will protect them with my life

look at this little fucker

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

A city that was to live by night after the wilderness had passed. A city that was to forge out of steel and blood-red neon its own peculiar wilderness.

Zurai posted:

My guess is they saw that people's reaction to that was being unhappy/sad, and decided to just do the thing.

Syrinxx
Mar 28, 2002

Death is whimsical today

My and all my players are already hyped as gently caress for SF2e this morning. There a couple of grogs complaining a lot in the SF discord but putting that awesome setting into a better mechanical system is going to own

sugar free jazz
Mar 5, 2008

Well they’ve already had necromancers.

There hasn’t been a ritual focused class? That’d be neat.

I kinda think rituals is what they should have done with the wizard but I hope they expand them in at least some way

Jen X
Sep 29, 2014

To bring light to the darkness, whether that darkness be ignorance, injustice, apathy, or stagnation.

sugar free jazz posted:

Well they’ve already had necromancers.

There hasn’t been a ritual focused class? That’d be neat.

I kinda think rituals is what they should have done with the wizard but I hope they expand them in at least some way

maybe they could make rituals practically usable without DMs drastically lowering DCs, too

or stop them from being the second most punishing system in the game after chase rules

3 Action Economist
May 22, 2002

Educate. Agitate. Liberate.

Ravus Ursus posted:

You're not kidding. Some truly deranged takes.

rare Magic card l00k posted:

Oh.

Ravus Ursus
Mar 30, 2017

Syrinxx posted:

My and all my players are already hyped as gently caress for SF2e this morning. There a couple of grogs complaining a lot in the SF discord but putting that awesome setting into a better mechanical system is going to own

If I see "is not SFS compatible" on more time I'm gonna just politely ignore the grog.

Syrinxx
Mar 28, 2002

Death is whimsical today

Kineticist is already on Pathbuilder, quick work by that developer.

Rage of Elements is also now legal/sanctioned for PFS play.

sugar free jazz
Mar 5, 2008

-4 for secondary caster failure and +2 for crit success, nevermind crit failure, on standard dc by level for rituals is incredibly funny

Zeg
Mar 31, 2013

Am not good at video games.

Magus https://pathbuilder2e.com/launch.html?build=358422
Investigator https://pathbuilder2e.com/launch.html?build=366966

Magus was a lot of fun to read about and only took me 2 or 3 redrafts to be satisfied with the direction I'm building the character. My Investigator took many, many more drafts. I'm pretty proud of how they both turned out.

Kyrosiris
May 24, 2006

Syrinxx posted:

Kineticist is already on Pathbuilder, quick work by that developer.

Wood has an impulse that heals with herbs and spices.

I am this close to making Colonel Sanders, Fire/Wood Kineticist.

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!
I can't imagine people being surprised by Starfinder 2e. What were they going to do, try and de-OGL the game that uses way more OGL parts than PF2e but also keep it completely separate from their new de-OGL'd system?

Megaman's Jockstrap
Jul 16, 2000

What a horrible thread to have a post.
Someone already figured out that you can Fresh Produce an eggplant into any BBEM's hands (or directly in front of them, if they don't want it) while they're giving a big speech, so that's a good time.

On further analysis I'm pretty sure one of the 2 new classes will be Starfinder-related.

Dick Burglar
Mar 6, 2006
One of the new classes is just a straight up Xenomorph

...that'd rule, actually

MadScientistWorking
Jun 23, 2010

"I was going through a time period where I was looking up weird stories involving necrophilia..."

Lurks With Wolves posted:

Also worth noting that the classes are going to be part of the linewide push for a divine war that's going to kill one of Golarion's gods, so expect them to involve warfare or weird divine stuff. Maybe even a dedicated necromancy class, if they can make that work.
People were speculating about this aspect for months. Apparently, in one of the more recent Pathfinder Society Scenarios an NPC gave up her life to save Belkezen from the same bomb from Tyrant's Grasp. At the very end it flat out says she has the ability to challenge and kill one of their gods to usurp them. It very well seems to be setting up a good Orc god

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

AnEdgelord
Dec 12, 2016
Forget Shifter, I want Skald back