Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

IT BURNS
Nov 19, 2012

loving win, she keeps a plum job at UT and gets a cool mil for weathering the storm.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jesus III
May 23, 2007

Then what is the point of the barrier?

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

Jesus III posted:

Then what is the point of the barrier?

Photo ops

ReidRansom
Oct 25, 2004

Sweet sister Satan this document dump. Just absolutely confirming what everyone already knew.

e: text between two regents

and so on

ReidRansom fucked around with this message at 23:08 on Aug 3, 2023

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

zoux posted:

Kiling time checking up on some old threads and what do I find

they've both got hills, wine, fruit, distinctive quisine, appeals to past glory, and far-right militias

Dameius
Apr 3, 2006

ReidRansom posted:

Sweet sister Satan this document dump. Just absolutely confirming what everyone already knew.

and so on

Man he looks exactly like you'd expect him to look.

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

Lol at a&m wanting to turn out legions of Newsmax presenters

Jiro
Jan 13, 2004

i say swears online posted:

they've both got hills, wine, fruit, distinctive quisine, appeals to past glory, and far-right militias

You're forgetting all the Cedar.

Shooting Blanks
Jun 6, 2007

Real bullets mess up how cool this thing looks.

-Blade

PostNouveau posted:

:lmao: @ A&M

I wonder how much they're gonna have to pay the lady who talked poo poo about Dan Patrick.

Pure speculation but this is more likely to lead to some kind of an internal policy change due to pushback from faculty. Suspending a professor within hours based on a speech they gave of which you don't have a copy, and don't know what was said, is a great way to destroy any belief in faculty independence. It's also likely to harm TAMU's ability to recruit new professors.

The real question is whether the professor in that instance sues for a violation of her First Amendment rights, or if she can. TAMU is publicly funded, I'm not sure how that intersects with punishing an employee for free speech.

No Safe Word
Feb 26, 2005

zoux posted:

Job at the opinion desk at a major news outlet.

https://twitter.com/PatrickSvitek/status/1687094029895290880

Biden would be in jail for what exactly

This is just dipshit logic. Accuse a person of something they didn't do and then say "the average American would be really punished" if they actually did do this thing ... you know, the thing that the person you accused did not do.

DuckHuntDog
May 13, 2004

It is wild that TAMU is simultaneously trying to be a flagship state university and also the bastion of conservative thought, and people at the top are somehow baffled that these are conflicting goals and always will be.

Dameius
Apr 3, 2006

DuckHuntDog posted:

It is wild that TAMU is simultaneously trying to be a flagship state university and also the bastion of conservative thought, and people at the top are somehow baffled that these are conflicting goals and always will be.

Chicago seems to manage. TAMU just has the inmates running the asylum.

George H.W. Cunt
Oct 6, 2010

Imagine trying to go back to your beloved alma mater and getting shut down in the dumbest way possible and then make a cool million for your troubles. Christ the school is just so dumb.

Jake Gittes
Jul 11, 2006

me irl

ReidRansom posted:

lol if they genuinely thought their hypothetical army of Aggie manchurian candidates were going to substantively change news media

at least they've inadvertently guaranteed that no one with an a&m journalism degree will ever be taken seriously at any news outlet beyond oan/newsmax

Jake Gittes fucked around with this message at 13:21 on Aug 4, 2023

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer

ReidRansom posted:

and so on

How embarrassing

shimmy shimmy
Nov 13, 2020

Dameius posted:

Chicago seems to manage. TAMU just has the inmates running the asylum.

UChicago is private, same as NYU is, they're not actually public universities.

Jake Gittes
Jul 11, 2006

me irl

i can imagine this dude along with a bunch of identical looking dudes sitting around a deer camp fire coming up with this plan to fix the media

Arcella
Dec 16, 2013

Shiny and Chrome

zoux posted:

Lol at a&m wanting to turn out legions of Newsmax presenters

They already have all the blonde white women anyone could ever want.

Sab0921
Aug 2, 2004

This for my justices slingin' thangs, rib breakin' kings / Truck, necklace, robe, gavel and things / For the solicitors seein' them dissents spin and grin / That robe with the lace trim that win.

Jake Gittes posted:

i can imagine this dude along with a bunch of identical looking dudes sitting around a deer camp fire coming up with this plan to fix the media

This guy isn't camping.

He's got the feeder set up - going to the blind - get the shots out - drag that homie back - 2 hours max.

Democratic Pirate
Feb 17, 2010

Sab0921 posted:

This guy isn't camping.

He's got the feeder set up - going to the blind - get the shots out - drag that homie back - 2 hours max.

Deer camp is definitely a >$750k ranch house with a gas line fire pit, outdoor kitchen, and barn to hang deer and park the can ams. Probably a buddies property where they can shoot a doe for free but need approval and a deposit to shoot at a managed buck.

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

Jake Gittes posted:

Dude who says ‘my heart has been convicted to do this’

Jake Gittes
Jul 11, 2006

me irl

Democratic Pirate posted:

Deer camp is definitely a >$750k ranch house with a gas line fire pit, outdoor kitchen, and barn to hang deer and park the can ams. Probably a buddies property where they can shoot a doe for free but need approval and a deposit to shoot at a managed buck.

lol if you think I'm going to deer camp at a ranch house that doesn't have a landing strip for my king air

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

zoux posted:

Dude who says ‘my heart has been convicted to do this’

enjoying my fruits of my labor in Eden, brother

Waffle House
Oct 27, 2004

You follow the path
fitting into an infinite pattern.

Yours to manipulate, to destroy and rebuild.

Now, in the quantum moment
before the closure
when all become one.

One moment left.
One point of space and time.

I know who you are.

You are Destiny.

zoux posted:

Hell, it's cheaper than a 4 star edge rusher

https://twitter.com/ajcorchado/status/1687164542860541952

Hmmm maybe building a dead child drag net is going to cause more problems for Abbott than he thinks

They must've failed to traffic the kid or something, someone call Paxton.

Democratic Pirate
Feb 17, 2010

Jake Gittes posted:

lol if you think I'm going to deer camp at a ranch house that doesn't have a landing strip for my king air

Buncha Ford King Ranches parked in the driveway that never leave pavement

Dameius
Apr 3, 2006

shimmy shimmy posted:

UChicago is private, same as NYU is, they're not actually public universities.

You're right, my brain skipped over the word state.

Drives out there in a F-350 King's Ranch. Backs into every parking spot.

Wilbur Swain
Sep 13, 2007

These are my principles, and if you don't like them... well, I have others.

Jiro posted:

You're forgetting all the Cedar.

You mean Juniper.

Jake Gittes
Jul 11, 2006

me irl

Sab0921 posted:

This guy isn't camping.

hey fellas - get a load of this bottom 1%er! I bet he doesn't even have a turbo prop plane - just a piece of poo poo piston driven cessna.

Sab0921
Aug 2, 2004

This for my justices slingin' thangs, rib breakin' kings / Truck, necklace, robe, gavel and things / For the solicitors seein' them dissents spin and grin / That robe with the lace trim that win.

Buncha Ford King Ranches parked in the driveway that never leave pavement

Excuse me - the driveway from the FM road to the ranch house is gravel.

Jake Gittes
Jul 11, 2006

me irl
our exurb bullshit is better than ur exurb bullshit

https://www.houstonchronicle.com/business/real-estate/article/houston-top-selling-master-planned-communities-18272314.php

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

hell yeah grats

hawowanlawow
Jul 27, 2009

yea developers offer lower rates through the lenders they are in cahoots with so you can actually buy a house

Jake Gittes
Jul 11, 2006

me irl

thx m8 that's very gracious of u!

Jake Gittes
Jul 11, 2006

me irl

hawowanlawow posted:

yea developers offer lower rates through the lenders they are in cahoots with so you can actually buy a house

h8rs gonna h8

lobster shirt
Jun 14, 2021

they look like poo poo

Sab0921
Aug 2, 2004

^^^
no u

No inventory on the market because everyone is staying in their 3% mortgages forever means new construction is the only option out there - hell yeah LFG master planned communities!

Jake Gittes
Jul 11, 2006

me irl
Texas Politics: hell yeah LFG master planned communities!

Jiro
Jan 13, 2004

Jake Gittes posted:

Texas Politics: hell yeah LFG master planned communities!

And more HOAs *monkey paw curls finger*

Sab0921
Aug 2, 2004

Jiro posted:

And more HOAs *monkey paw curls finger*

MUDs*

We love them folks.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Badger of Basra
Jul 26, 2007

https://twitter.com/evan7257/status/1687293205073494016