Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
What do you call the disposable plastic bags with the clip at the top?
Zip Lock Bags
Glad Bags
View Results

Regular Wario
Mar 27, 2010

Slippery Tilde
i want one of the new postie bikes, the covered ones with the box on the back

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jestery
Aug 2, 2016

Not a Dickman, just a shape
Electric tuktuk supremecy

Toxic Mental
Jun 1, 2019

Is this Australian Carl Sagan

Beelyens and beelyens of fuckin' stahz, hey

dr_rat
Jun 4, 2001

Toxic Mental posted:

Is this Australian Carl Sagan

He's 100% written a book about aliens while really stoned, yes.

If it's not published he probably just accidentally but it in the compost rather than letter box out of habbit.

The Peccadillo
Mar 4, 2013

We Have Important Work To Do
gently caress yeah turns out my great uncle was a gay wizard

Inceltown
Aug 6, 2019

BigBadSteve
Apr 29, 2009

Not to be confused with Grahame Bond, who played Aunty Jack in the very funny Aust. TV series decades ago.

I just learnt that Rory O'Donoghue, who played Thin Arthur in the show, suicided in 2017. Sad.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-8805021/Wife-Aunty-Jack-star-didnt-know-extent-mental-health-struggles-shock-suicide.html

Cast pic includes Gary McDonald as Kid Eager. He also made his first appearances as Norman Gunston in The Aunty Jack Show.

webmeister
Jan 31, 2007

The answer is, mate, because I want to do you slowly. There has to be a bit of sport in this for all of us. In the psychological battle stakes, we are stripped down and ready to go. I want to see those ashen-faced performances; I want more of them. I want to be encouraged. I want to see you squirm.

Alexa, show me the result of weekly concussions

Outrail
Jan 4, 2009

www.sapphicrobotica.com
:roboluv: :love: :roboluv:

webmeister posted:

Alexa, show me the result of weekly concussions

This is the before picture

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003

If only all of life's problems could be solved by smoking a professor of ancient evil texts.

Bread Liar

BigBadSteve posted:

Not to be confused with Grahame Bond, who played Aunty Jack in the very funny Aust. TV series decades ago.

I just learnt that Rory O'Donoghue, who played Thin Arthur in the show, suicided in 2017. Sad.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-8805021/Wife-Aunty-Jack-star-didnt-know-extent-mental-health-struggles-shock-suicide.html

Cast pic includes Gary McDonald as Kid Eager. He also made his first appearances as Norman Gunston in The Aunty Jack Show.

I just love how immensely loving gay you could be in the 70s with people none the wiser.

Inceltown
Aug 6, 2019

Maximum Sexy Pigeon
Jun 5, 2008

We must never speak of this!
It's been a while, so imma throw in some old pics.

Melbourne CBD in 1972.
February 1972 was already a record-breaking month for Melbourne, 5 times the average rainfall dropped on the city. On the afternoon of Thursday the 17th, a storm cell dropped 72mm of rain in 20 minutes causing significant flash flooding to the southern part of the CBD.

(I think I've previously posted this one but I still think it's an amazing picture)

Heavy snow makes getting around in Katoomba a bit dicey in 1965.

The last day of operation of the Glebe Island Bridge in 1995, taken from the newly finished Anzac Bridge and the end of the decaying era for Pyrmont.

The old Sandridge Bridge at Southbank, Melbourne in the early 1900's serving its original purpose.

Melbourne skyline from Flinders Street Yard in 1963

The old Broadway Squats in Ultimo, Sydney remained very vocal about the number of empty buildings in the area while homeless folks that lived on the streets were 'moved' away from the CBD to make the city look more inviting to Olympic guests, this picture would have been early in their occupation of the properties, pre-2000 Olympics, which would last until 2001.

An enormous dust storm envelopes Melbourne on a sweltering, 43° day on the 8 Feb, 1983. (Footage of which was briefly used near the end of the third Mad Max movie, naturally)

Maximum Sexy Pigeon fucked around with this message at 23:30 on Aug 1, 2023

webmeister
Jan 31, 2007

The answer is, mate, because I want to do you slowly. There has to be a bit of sport in this for all of us. In the psychological battle stakes, we are stripped down and ready to go. I want to see those ashen-faced performances; I want more of them. I want to be encouraged. I want to see you squirm.

Maximum Sexy Pigeon posted:

The old Broadway Squats in Ultimo, Sydney remained very vocal about the number of empty buildings in the area while homeless folks that lived on the streets were 'moved' away from the CBD to make the city look more inviting to Olympic guests, this picture would have been early in their occupation of the properties, pre-2000 Olympics, which would last until 2001.

These buildings are all still there, which is cool. Though they’re mostly Chinese restaurants and bubble tea counters these days. Not sure if people still live upstairs but I’d guess they’re occupied.

https://maps.app.goo.gl/MXxUg7gJdXKgh4Vv5?g_st=ic

Dr. Garbanzo
Sep 14, 2010

Maximum Sexy Pigeon posted:

Heavy snow makes getting around in Katoomba a bit dicey in 1965.

Last time we had snow anywhere close to that good here was 2015. There was no driving around cause even the police rescue guys in their landcruisers where struggling. Come 12pm a bunch of guys in 4x4's where doing laps to make the streets drivable. The traffic was hosed for days afterwards cause they kept shutting the highway so people would dump their cars where ever and go for a walk

Inceltown
Aug 6, 2019

webmeister posted:

These buildings are all still there, which is cool. Though they’re mostly Chinese restaurants and bubble tea counters these days. Not sure if people still live upstairs but I’d guess they’re occupied.

There is an internet cafe in one of them at least.

Maximum Sexy Pigeon
Jun 5, 2008

We must never speak of this!

webmeister posted:

Yeah, those fronts are old as balls, when they redeveloped the area they had to keep them. They would not be there otherwise.

Behind it was just old warehouses and factories, a lot of them were just corrugated iron over iron frames. I remember throwing old records odd the roof of it back in 2001 into the empty buildings, the noise was awesome.

I would blow Dane Cook
Dec 26, 2008

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Exploration is ill-advised.
The Celebrity Guide To Wine has assured me that life is too short to worry about ice in wine.

ili
Jul 26, 2003

Vegan chicken ribs just sounds weird as all buggery. Do they make them with little fake bones in them or what?

Laserface
Dec 24, 2004

Ice in the wine is the least concerning order on that receipt

Laserface fucked around with this message at 11:36 on Aug 3, 2023

Regular Wario
Mar 27, 2010

Slippery Tilde

ili posted:

Vegan chicken ribs just sounds weird as all buggery. Do they make them with little fake bones in them or what?

gummy ribs

No. 6
Jun 30, 2002

Wtf is chicken ribs?

Beardcrumb
Sep 24, 2018

An absolute gronk with a face like a chewed mango.

No. 6 posted:

Wtf is chicken ribs?

They're a cut of chicken thigh which only has a single bone and therefore eats like a rib.

Bloody great way to eat 20 bits of chicken in one sitting

NPR Journalizard
Feb 14, 2008

ili posted:

I just had some fake meat chicken strips for dinner.

They were fine. Soak em in chipotle sauce and you are good

CAMP FARTING ROCKS
Jan 14, 2005

Beardcrumb posted:

They're a cut of chicken thigh which only has a single bone and therefore eats like a rib.

that seems to suggest you eat parts of as many as 10 chickens in one sitting

seems pretty inefficient. at least wings have 4 parts per bird

Beardcrumb
Sep 24, 2018

An absolute gronk with a face like a chewed mango.

CAMP FARTING ROCKS posted:

that seems to suggest you eat parts of as many as 10 chickens in one sitting

Yes

I would blow Dane Cook
Dec 26, 2008
Fish and Chips but with Mash instead of chips.

Regular Wario
Mar 27, 2010

Slippery Tilde
$22 for a chicken taco

Inceltown
Aug 6, 2019

Beardcrumb posted:

I hate this and by extension hate you now too.

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

Non Compos Mentis posted:

$22 for a chicken taco

How is a goddamn chicken taco only $17 less than a loving porterhouse?

Outrail
Jan 4, 2009

www.sapphicrobotica.com
Really weird that chicken wings never really took off.

I ordered wings in 2016 or so and got four full wings done wingstyle. Que sudden realisation I was a proper emmigrant and Australia is actually a bit weird sometimes.

wesleywillis
Dec 30, 2016

SUCK A MALE CAMEL'S DICK WITH MIRACLE WHIP!!

Outrail posted:

Really weird that chicken wings never really took off.

I ordered wings in 2016 or so and got four full wings done wingstyle. Que sudden realisation I was a proper emmigrant and Australia is actually a bit weird sometimes.

Are you trying to tell me that the AUTHENTIC Australian Chicken wings that I had at Outback Steakhouse weren't really authentic?

Outrail
Jan 4, 2009

www.sapphicrobotica.com
Depends, what animal were they made from?

No. 6
Jun 30, 2002

Koala

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose
Wanna know something shocking? Koala meat tastes strongly of eucalyptus.

Outrail
Jan 4, 2009

www.sapphicrobotica.com

Vincent Van Goatse posted:

Things I didn't realize I wanted to know.

PM me

sick of Applebees
Nov 7, 2008

Vincent Van Goatse posted:

Finally! Jerky that can clear my sinuses!

Not Evans
Aug 2, 2007

Tobias, have you been flogging Simpsons prop replicas on the internet again?
Not just tastes, smells, too. Ex housemate is a wildlife vet and once when a seppo friend was visiting she dropped on us how doing an autopsy on a koala smells like a bag of cough lollies

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Exploration is ill-advised.
I mean, is it really that surprising?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Regular Wario
Mar 27, 2010

Slippery Tilde
would that make the meat really difficult to cook?