Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

YES bread
Jun 16, 2006
at the very least their statement seems to have spooked the truck protestors, who have called things off for the moment to make sure all their ducks are in a row legally (from what I can gather). might just be a bunch of legal nitpicking from here on out

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DelilahFlowers
Jan 10, 2020

Venuz Patrol posted:

my plan of waiting until a definitive answer as to whether or not velmori is actually being let go is not going well

They fired her

KazigluBey
Oct 30, 2011

boner

Lt. Lizard posted:

Oh, so she is fired!

Oh, so she is....not fired? :v:

Schrodinger's employee

GoodluckJonathan
Oct 31, 2003

Limbus Company is fun but it's also a lot of boring grind. Easy to put it down personally.

vcvcvc12
Jun 9, 2013
What I'm getting from all this is that the guys making decisions at PMoon absolutely cannot handle any kind of pressure or being yelled at, and will make dumb decisions quickly to try and make it stop. Between the Keter realization thing and this, that seems to be their big issue.

Yinlock
Oct 22, 2008

vcvcvc12 posted:

What I'm getting from all this is that the guys making decisions at PMoon absolutely cannot handle any kind of pressure or being yelled at, and will make dumb decisions quickly to try and make it stop. Between the Keter realization thing and this, that seems to be their big issue.

:agreed:

I have another working theory that the ceo just wants to grill make games but isn't interested in running his company which is why it's management is consistently a total circus. this is just going by the end of the press release though so who the hell knows. either way whoever's calling the shots should probably not be calling the shots anymore as far as employee welfare and PR is concerned

Yinlock fucked around with this message at 22:20 on Aug 3, 2023

PetraCore
Jul 20, 2017

👁️🔥👁️👁️👁️BE NOT👄AFRAID👁️👁️👁️🔥👁️

As far as I could gather from employee reviews translated on Twitter (aka take with a grain of salt) Project Moon is a company that pays quite well but is also a complete circus as far as high level management, so it might be that Kim Ji-hoon thinks paying well is taking care of employees but just functionally lacks the skills to actually manage people properly, absolute best case scenario.

Funny that the thing every employee seems to agree on is that the food is great, though, I think the HamHamPangPang staff must be doing an excellent job.

YES bread
Jun 16, 2006
bad management is certainly consistent with all the delays and the Canto IV shitshow in particular, really sounds like KJH needs to suck it up and hire a 31st, maybe even a 32nd employee with better experience in that area

Clarste
Apr 15, 2013

Just how many mistakes have you suffered on the way here?

An uncountable number, to be sure.

Quackles posted:

My take: It does sound like they're trying to say "we call take-backsies and didn't actually fire her, the people who showed up at our office may get sued", but… I can’t tell for sure because I can’t really read translated Korean legalese! Not properly, anyway.

I wonder if they’ll release a statement clarifying the statement?

That is exactly backwards. It's saying they did fire her (legally!) and will sue everyone who said they did anything wrong, ie: the van protesters, the news outlets who reported on this, and the employees who aired their dirty laundry. It is 100% doubling down on "we did nothing wrong."

Clarste fucked around with this message at 01:15 on Aug 4, 2023

PetraCore
Jul 20, 2017

Clarste posted:

That is exactly backwards. It's saying they did fire her (legally!) and will sue everyone who said they did anything wrong, ie: the protesters, the news outlets who reported on this and the employees who aired their dirty laundry. It is 100% doubling down on "we did nothing wrong."
Yeah, I don't really get it unless they're claiming they served her the paper notice they legally needed to serve her before the phone call and posting of the first statement, because that poo poo sure read as an intent to fire her. And that was their own notice, if they didn't want people to speculate on it they could have just... not posted it.

No matter how you cut it, Kim Ji-hoon needs to step back and hire someone who actually knows how to manage this sort of operation. I think Project Moon puts out some amazing stories and games, and I'm not going to stop being a fan of them as a whole, but I think even with my language barrier it's become pretty clear that the things I like about Project Moon are in spite of poor management, not due to good management.

Yinlock
Oct 22, 2008

Clarste posted:

That is exactly backwards. It's saying they did fire her (legally!) and will sue everyone who said they did anything wrong, ie: the van protesters, the news outlets who reported on this, and the employees who aired their dirty laundry. It is 100% doubling down on "we did nothing wrong."

with the weirdly poo poo translation it's tough to specify. there were actual news outlets spreading complete bullshit around too, the infamous 11pm phone call thing was from one of those and completely made up iirc so I assume it's directed at them but it's also general enough that it comes off as a "no squealing" threat. how much of this is poo poo translation and how much is the worst possible answer in the universe is unknown

either way whoever made that post should probably not be making posts

PetraCore
Jul 20, 2017

Yinlock posted:

with the weirdly poo poo translation it's tough to specify. there were actual news outlets spreading complete bullshit around too, the infamous 11pm phone call thing was from one of those and completely made up iirc so I assume it's directed at them but it's also general enough that it comes off as a "no squealing" threat. how much of this is poo poo translation and how much is the worst possible answer in the universe is unknown

I agree that it's probably the result of all lawyer no PR. Which, uh... just goes to show how valuable a good PR person can be.

darkfenrir
Sep 29, 2021

Yinlock posted:

The whole phone call thing I hear is real but it's more of notice of dismissal instead of the dismissal moment or something. Well if not dismissal it's a warning or whatever?

Anyway some of the people are saying "ok then sue us", like gyeonggi youth union chairman and the IT union vice chairman apparently?

https://twitter.com/JCLEE0333/status/1687043167064113152?t=pr2jzgYT4bw41d0Ukm9aSg&s=19

https://twitter.com/Magi_co/status/1687039142398730240?t=sHYfXTv_MQnOxaLwK3Gp1Q&s=19

The two tweets in question

Yinlock
Oct 22, 2008

darkfenrir posted:

The whole phone call thing I hear is real but it's more of notice of dismissal instead of the dismissal moment or something. Well if not dismissal it's a warning or whatever?

Anyway some of the people are saying "ok then sue us", like gyeonggi youth union chairman and the IT union vice chairman apparently?

The two tweets in question

it was some routine contract thing that was likely related to letting it run out, I think? I dunno, the point is that whoever reported that exaggerated the hell out of it so it turned into a surprise 11pm firing, and the article was later quietly edited and that part was retracted. Considering the firing was already lovely as hell I dunno why they felt that they had to spice it up for the public.

also lol if true

Lord_Magmar
Feb 24, 2015

"Welcome to pound town, Slifer slacker!"

Yinlock posted:

it was some routine contract thing that was likely related to letting it run out, I think? I dunno, the point is that whoever reported that exaggerated the hell out of it so it turned into a surprise 11pm firing, and the article was later quietly edited and that part was retracted. Considering the firing was already lovely as hell I dunno why they felt that they had to spice it up for the public.

also lol if true

It sounds like they basically told her they wouldn't be renewing her contract when it ran out and instead terminating it, for the breach. Which isn't firing but is still pretty lovely to do.

The removing her art from the game that she already made could be part of whatever contract they have (something like we cannot use art from non-contracted artists) or a capitulation, but it is lovely either way.

Yinlock
Oct 22, 2008

Lord_Magmar posted:

It sounds like they basically told her they wouldn't be renewing her contract when it ran out and instead terminating it, for the breach. Which isn't firing but is still pretty lovely to do.

The removing her art from the game that she already made could be part of whatever contract they have (something like we cannot use art from non-contracted artists) or a capitulation, but it is lovely either way.

they did do that for sure and it's basically firing, but afaik it didn't happen during The Phone Call

removing her art seems like it was just them throwing her under the bus as hard as possible, which was so weirdly scorched-earth it feels like another point in favor of the "lawyers calling the shots" theory. immediately eject anything that "causes" problems and burn everything they did, no culpability here, why's everyone suddenly mad?

Junpei
Oct 4, 2015
Probation
Can't post for 11 years!

Quackles
Aug 11, 2018

Pixels of Light.

RandomReader
Nov 17, 2021

drat, I must have missed the part where they said they were chopping the artists up to be served as a limited time special at HamHamPangPang and live tweeting the breaking of everyone kneecaps.

TeeQueue
Oct 9, 2012

The time has come. Soon, the bell shall ring. A new world will come. Rise, my servants. Rise and serve me. I am death and life. Darkness and light.

RandomReader posted:

drat, I must have missed the part where they said they were chopping the artists up to be served as a limited time special at HamHamPangPang and live tweeting the breaking of everyone kneecaps.

That was in the untranslated message, it's ok if you missed it.

RandomReader
Nov 17, 2021

TeeQueue posted:

That was in the untranslated message, it's ok if you missed it.
The machine translations have betrayed me, investing in magnet weaponry now.

GilliamYaeger
Jan 10, 2012

Call Gespenst!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0I_Rygsi17g

00 Zwei Faust and 000 Zwei Greg.

Ariamaki
Jun 30, 2011

"I'm the most powerful
search engine in the world!"
-- The GoogleProg

Every time the decision is made for who gets the new 000 I have to imagine there's a spinning wheel where a disproportionate number of entries are "IT'S GREGOR GAME, ABOUT BUG MAN GREGOR"

I am very much here for finally seeing Sweater-Faust hit the scene after her key art was one of the original pre-launch promo images.

Theantero
Nov 6, 2011

...We danced the Mamushka while Nero fiddled, we danced the Mamushka at Waterloo. We danced the Mamushka for Jack the Ripper, and now, Fester Addams, this Mamushka is for you....

Theantero posted:

Personally I want the rest of the Zwei IDs so that I can run a Full Zwei Squad in the normal MD2 as a joke.

Not quite there yet, but soon.

Lt. Lizard
Apr 28, 2013
I have not decided to abandon the game (yet), but it's kinda telling how incredibly unexcited I am about the new IDs. Blergh, this sucks.

L.U.I.G.I
Apr 19, 2023

i cant believe i was the useless piece of shit who managed to rig all the Library of Ruina LP thread polls and all i got was this account and shitty avatar.

pls say hi and heckle me
Wow, new identities. I wonder who is going to get fired next because somebody yelled hard enough at PM. I am so excited, this is going to be great. What do you mean a bunch of talent left? I guess all that's left to do is to play Canto 7.5 while the office of PM burn to the ground because we didn't have enough skin in Yesterday's Soup.

L.U.I.G.I fucked around with this message at 13:36 on Aug 4, 2023

Yinlock
Oct 22, 2008

Ariamaki posted:

Every time the decision is made for who gets the new 000 I have to imagine there's a spinning wheel where a disproportionate number of entries are "IT'S GREGOR GAME, ABOUT BUG MAN GREGOR"

gregor has one 000. are you sure you don't mean Ishmael or Meursault who have 3 each

e: i don't know the meme though so maybe :thejoke:

L.U.I.G.I posted:

Wow, new identities. I wonder who is going to get fired next because somebody yelled hard enough at PM. I am so excited, this is going to be great. What do you mean a bunch of talent left? I guess all that's left to do is to play Canto 7.5 while the office of PM burn to the ground because we didn't have enough skin in Yesterday's Soup.

what bunch of talent has left? what new branch of telephone is this

Yinlock fucked around with this message at 15:33 on Aug 4, 2023

Yinlock
Oct 22, 2008

Lt. Lizard posted:

I have not decided to abandon the game (yet), but it's kinda telling how incredibly unexcited I am about the new IDs. Blergh, this sucks.

I mean same but it's less because of the drama and more because the Zwei IDs have consistently been the worst in the game

TeeQueue
Oct 9, 2012

The time has come. Soon, the bell shall ring. A new world will come. Rise, my servants. Rise and serve me. I am death and life. Darkness and light.
they fired me and didn't tell anyone. :(

*I have never worked for project moon.

L.U.I.G.I
Apr 19, 2023

i cant believe i was the useless piece of shit who managed to rig all the Library of Ruina LP thread polls and all i got was this account and shitty avatar.

pls say hi and heckle me

Yinlock posted:

what bunch of talent has left? what new branch of telephone is this

Telephone from a Distant Futur! Your newest ZAYIN Abnomarlities that totally won't eat your soul if you listen to it too much!

CANTO 5 DOESN'T EXIST IF YOU DON'T THINK ABOUT IT. CANTO 5 DOESN'T EXIST IF YOU DON'T THINK ABOUT IT. CANTO 5 DOESN'T EXIST IF YOU DON'T THINK ABOUT IT

It is the responsability of the customer to use the Telephone from a Distant Futur in an appropriate matter. TCorp takes no responsability in any accident that may occur while using said product.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Lord_Magmar posted:

They said they wouldn't remove her art from the game.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

L.U.I.G.I posted:

Telephone from a Distant Futur! Your newest ZAYIN Abnomarlities that totally won't eat your soul if you listen to it too much!

CANTO 5 DOESN'T EXIST IF YOU DON'T THINK ABOUT IT. CANTO 5 DOESN'T EXIST IF YOU DON'T THINK ABOUT IT. CANTO 5 DOESN'T EXIST IF YOU DON'T THINK ABOUT IT

It is the responsability of the customer to use the Telephone from a Distant Futur in an appropriate matter. TCorp takes no responsability in any accident that may occur while using said product.
could you turn your project moon obsession off for five seconds and talk about a serious topic in a manner people can understand

Lord_Magmar
Feb 24, 2015

Endorph posted:

They said they wouldn't remove her art from the game.

I thought they said they were removing her existing art and replacing it with stuff done by whoever replaces her for future art, that's what a lot of people seemed to believe. I'm happy for that not to be the case though.

I really like her art.

DropTheAnvil
May 16, 2021

Lord_Magmar posted:

I thought they said they were removing her existing art and replacing it with stuff done by whoever replaces her for future art, that's what a lot of people seemed to believe. I'm happy for that not to be the case though.

I really like her art.

Where did they say that?

Lord_Magmar
Feb 24, 2015

DropTheAnvil posted:

Where did they say that?

The original Korean only response they put out was translated as saying that I want to say.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

It wasn't.

They said they'd replace her art in the main UI (loading screens, promo art, etc) but that her illustrations for the first four chapters will remain.

PlasticAutomaton
Nov 12, 2016

Artoria Pendonut

It is impressive just how badly PM sunk their company in one day.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

itll probably keep making the same amount of money (more than it ever has before) but theyve lost a ton of their fan passion and support. thatll probably build back up some over time but itll be a different kind than it used to have. the transition to just another gacha company is complete.

Quackles
Aug 11, 2018

Pixels of Light.

Endorph posted:

could you turn your project moon obsession off for five seconds and talk about a serious topic in a manner people can understand

"Gentlemen, you can't fight in here! This is the war room!"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

YES bread
Jun 16, 2006
i am going to roll, god bless