Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

IncredibleIgloo
Feb 17, 2011

HidaO-Win posted:

It sometimes happen that a random wealthy person decides to bail everyone out because its a trifling amount of money to them. Happened with Chuubos Magical Wish Granting Engine when it all went tits up.

I know that if I was a wealthy crazy rich individual I would bring back Clan War and Battlespace.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ravus Ursus
Mar 30, 2017

JazzFlight posted:

If only they’d come through for all the Blacklist Games projects.

What do you mean? The monthly red wax samples of a fantasy series 2 doesn't give you hope of it completing? Giving away the prototypes doesnt fill you with faith and confidence?

Horror sitting at the china warehouse because they can afford container when they're the cheapest theve been in nearly 2 years doesn't instill you with awe at his ability to solve problems he created for himself?

Jedit
Dec 10, 2011

Proudly supporting vanilla legends 1994-2014

Azubah posted:

Apparently someone decided to just pay for all the shipping for cthulu wars. What other games have they not shipped and are hoping someone will bail them out?

There's some speculation that Petersen Games has been bought out by Catalyst Game Labs. Catalyst recently announced that they were creating a boardgame division, and they will be selling Cthulhu Wars at Gencon.

IncredibleIgloo
Feb 17, 2011

If Peterson games destroys Catalyst I will be very, very sad.

90s Cringe Rock
Nov 29, 2006
:gay:
a lance of urbies could take cthulhu

is catalyst the embezzlement and not paying people company

IncredibleIgloo
Feb 17, 2011

90s Cringe Rock posted:

There are a lot of embezzlement and not paying people companies, but I believe Catalyst is one of the good ones that took over for FASA, which may have been one of those companies. Battletech has actually had so many owners it is a bit confusing.

Lord_Hambrose
Nov 21, 2008

*a foul hooting fills the air*

90s Cringe Rock posted:

It is

HidaO-Win
Jun 5, 2013

"And I did it, because I was a man who had exhausted reason and thus turned to magicks"
"I have a much uglier word for it sir, misappropriation."

Yeah Shadowrun freelancers got hosed, Shadowun 6th edition is an amazing trainwreck, Battletech going from strength to strength until the guy in question needs an indoor pool

Father Wendigo
Sep 28, 2005
This is, sadly, more important to me than bettering myself.

HidaO-Win posted:

"I have a much uglier word for it sir, misappropriation."

Yeah Shadowrun freelancers got hosed, Shadowun 6th edition is an amazing trainwreck, Battletech going from strength to strength until the guy in question needs an indoor pool

Strength to strength?

Nemesis Of Moles
Jul 25, 2007

With some effort, we managed to get the Exquisite Corpse PDF out to backers yesterday. Preorders on the physical book are open on itch and at JetBacker, hopefully we'll have that on its way much quicker than the digital version. Sorry for the delay folks!

FMguru
Sep 10, 2003

peed on;
sexually

HidaO-Win posted:

Yeah Shadowrun freelancers got hosed
Powerful thematic synergy going on here.

Nuns with Guns
Jul 23, 2010

It's fine.
Don't worry about it.
CGL is very complacent and corrupt and the guy who embezzled money is still the CEO and faced no repercussions. Honestly, them buying Petersen Games sounds like a match made in hell.

ilmucche
Mar 16, 2016

What did you say the strategy was?
Battletech is pretty rad though

IncredibleIgloo
Feb 17, 2011

YEah, that is the bummer about it, battletech is indeed very rad.

Ettin
Oct 2, 2010

90s Cringe Rock posted:

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

There was supposed to be an announcement about that recently. The long dormant 2E, maybe.

Mr.Misfit
Jan 10, 2013

The time for
SkellyBones
has come!
Effing Hell, please no. Who needed this?! Who wanted Fishmen Rapecamps 2.0??

Arivia
Mar 17, 2011

Mr.Misfit posted:

Effing Hell, please no. Who needed this?! Who wanted Fishmen Rapecamps 2.0??

the internet

HidaO-Win
Jun 5, 2013

"And I did it, because I was a man who had exhausted reason and thus turned to magicks"

Dawgstar posted:

There was supposed to be an announcement about that recently. The long dormant 2E, maybe.

Battlemechs, Guyvers and Evangelion fight Cthulhu is a great pitch for a game. Cut all the weird fetish and rape stuff and you have a solid idea for a game.

That Italian Guy
Jul 25, 2012

We need the equivalent of the shrimp = small pastry avatar, but for ambulances and their mysteries now.

90s Cringe Rock posted:

An unarmed boat can take Cthulhu canonically, so the bar is kinda low.

E: the boat is probably faster on land too.

NinjaDebugger
Apr 22, 2008

HidaO-Win posted:

Battlemechs, Guyvers and Evangelion fight Cthulhu is a great pitch for a game. Cut all the weird fetish and rape stuff and you have a solid idea for a game.

This is literally just Lancer sometimes.

Azran
Sep 3, 2012

And what should one do to be remembered?

My brain keeps trying to read the 'tech' bit as katakana and it's pretty annoying

Antivehicular
Dec 30, 2011

I wanna sing one for the cars
That are right now headed silent down the highway
And it's dark and there is nobody driving And something has got to give

Azran posted:

My brain keeps trying to read the 'tech' bit as katakana and it's pretty annoying

If I got absolute dictatorial power over the world of graphic design, I would ban "kinda looks like katakana because ~exotic Japan~" fonts immediately. They suck so much on so many levels.

Robert Facepalmer
Jan 10, 2019

Antivehicular posted:

If I got absolute dictatorial power over the world of graphic design, I would ban "kinda looks like katakana because ~exotic Japan~" fonts immediately. They suck so much on so many levels.

I know the dude that I think might have done that logo and that is an excellent descriptor for him as well. Font choice on brand.

Teh Madd Hatter
May 26, 2008
Dang, I am really down on the theme for Xcrawl and I haven't really jumped into Crawl Classics adjacent stuff but 40 dollars for a pdf seems bonkers to me. Also I've come to realize that I really like to see explicit paybumps for creators and artists in the stretchgoals as opposed to the format here of big jump for a new spell or something like that.

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/devillich/xcrawl-classics-ttrpg

MonsieurChoc
Oct 12, 2013

Every species can smell its own extinction.
Gonna join a game of Break! this week, which got successfully kickstarted. Do we have a thread for it?

Jarvisi
Apr 17, 2001

Green is still best.

Teh Madd Hatter posted:

Dang, I am really down on the theme for Xcrawl and I haven't really jumped into Crawl Classics adjacent stuff but 40 dollars for a pdf seems bonkers to me. Also I've come to realize that I really like to see explicit paybumps for creators and artists in the stretchgoals as opposed to the format here of big jump for a new spell or something like that.

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/devillich/xcrawl-classics-ttrpg

Jeez. I really want to play but that's pricy as gently caress

homullus
Mar 27, 2009

Traditional Games › TG Crowdfunding Thread 3: I really want to play but that's pricy as gently caress

That Italian Guy
Jul 25, 2012

We need the equivalent of the shrimp = small pastry avatar, but for ambulances and their mysteries now.

Jarvisi posted:

Jeez. I really want to play but that's pricy as gently caress
Yeah 40$ for a pdf is MCDM rates.

Zark the Damned
Mar 9, 2013

Jedit posted:

There's some speculation that Petersen Games has been bought out by Catalyst Game Labs. Catalyst recently announced that they were creating a boardgame division, and they will be selling Cthulhu Wars at Gencon.

Looks like the speculation was correct. https://www.catalystgamelabs.com/news/catalyst-game-labs-petersen-games-announce-relationship

Jedit
Dec 10, 2011

Yep. Sandy announced it with the latest KS updates and on the Discord: going forward Petersen Games is solely a design studio and will have no hand in manufacturing. As he put it: he has had a 44 year career in game design with any number of massive successes from Call of Cthulhu to Age of Empires, but he lacks a similar legacy of successfully run businesses.

Kwyndig
Sep 23, 2006

Heeeeeey

But Catalyst? They don't know how to successfully run a business any more than Petersen does.

Jedit
Dec 10, 2011

Kwyndig posted:

But Catalyst? They don't know how to successfully run a business any more than Petersen does.

If he made good business decisions we wouldn't be here in the first place.

Robert Facepalmer
Jan 10, 2019

Kwyndig posted:

Two great tastes that will take your money to make a sikk patio together!

malkav11
Aug 7, 2009

Kwyndig posted:

Yes, but he likes one of the guys running Catalyst so it's clearly the right choice.

IncredibleIgloo
Feb 17, 2011

I think Catalyst has been able to make good on all their Kickstarters at least. I think I have received everything I ever backed from them and expect to receive the next line of mechwarrior stuff. So they have that over Petersen Games. And Catalyst shipping/paying to free the games that were being held hostage is certainly a good thing I would imagine?

Bottom Liner
Feb 15, 2006

a specific vein of lasagna
Don't give any money to that moronic chud no matter who prints and delivers their games

IncredibleIgloo
Feb 17, 2011

Bottom Liner posted:

Don't give any money to that moronic chud no matter who prints and delivers their games

Who is the moronic Chud? Sandy Peterson? I don't know anything about them. Or someone at Catalyst?

Kwyndig
Sep 23, 2006

Heeeeeey

Oh it's a good thing for KS backers, certainly. It's just a terrible business decision that only earns them goodwill and costs them thousands of dollars with no guarantee of future revenue. Catalyst could use the good press though since they still have a bit of stink on them from the embezzling thing, so maybe they feel it's a good deal in exchange for first dibs on Petersen's future output.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bottom Liner
Feb 15, 2006

a specific vein of lasagna

IncredibleIgloo posted:

Who is the moronic Chud? Sandy Peterson? I don't know anything about them. Or someone at Catalyst?
Sandy is a transphobic anti vaxxer

https://imgur.io/a/1vyMR7L