Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

1glitch0
Sep 4, 2018

I DON'T GIVE A CRAP WHAT SHE BELIEVES THE HARRY POTTER BOOKS CHANGED MY LIFE #HUFFLEPUFF

JUNGLE BOY posted:

https://twitter.com/RheaRipley_WWE/status/1687167314075013120?s=20

rhea ripley, the smackdown women's champion, doesn't seem to be happy about not being booked for summerslam. she was only booked for some tiktok live thing.

also they cut becky lynch vs trish stratus from summerslam, which they've been building since wrestlemania, to give the other matches more time and they both don't seem too happy about that.

there will now be more time for logan paul vs ricochet and the slim jim battle royal

best women's division in the world

Is Rhea Ripley seriously not booked on Summerslam???

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Alan_Shore
Dec 2, 2004

Zero sympathy for anyone unhappy in WWE.

Sorry the rapist isn't booking you better :nyoron:

post hole digger
Mar 21, 2011

JUNGLE BOY posted:

https://twitter.com/RheaRipley_WWE/status/1687167314075013120?s=20

rhea ripley, the smackdown women's champion, doesn't seem to be happy about not being booked for summerslam. she was only booked for some tiktok live thing.

also they cut becky lynch vs trish stratus from summerslam, which they've been building since wrestlemania, to give the other matches more time and they both don't seem too happy about that.

there will now be more time for logan paul vs ricochet and the slim jim battle royal

best women's division in the world

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c3syvNPezJs&t=695s
at least things are going well on the mens side

quote:

“I really understood whatever frustration there might have been there. I think we had a talk like that a few weeks before WrestleMania, though, because he was still hung up on what could have been, what should been, whatever it might be. Not hung up on it, but you know...

Man, I can’t even imagine what he was going through. Because I have been at times in WWE, pretty popular. And there are times where I felt like, oh I could be The Guy if they just give me a little nudge. But never like him...

The machine didn’t get behind him. They put him in a good spot for sure, but then his performances, his chemistry with the guys involved, and obviously the willingness of those guys to help him move forward. All that got the crowd behind him, it created this movement, and I have never experienced that. And very few people have.

So to know that every single person in every single town we go to... Sami was their guy, everywhere. So to know that, and to know that you’re pretty much The Guy, but you can’t be The Guy...it must be so frustrating. And I can’t pretend to ever have felt that, because the crowd never got behind me that way. So it’s for sure hard to let go.

And like I said, he wasn’t harping on it, I just felt like at one point we had to have a talk and go, look man, [the WrestleMania 39 match with the Usos] is huge. All it took was for me to say that for him to go, yeah you’re right. And then Montreal was done...but man, it’s got to be very frustrating to be in that spot, for sure. Because obviously everybody in that spot would think, ‘Just give me a shot. Let’s go.’ And they just won’t.”

is pepsi ok
Oct 23, 2002

That is the most WWE reaction imaginable to finding out that she's a huge star on TikTok jfc

Majinfoose
Jul 26, 2007

HOLY SHIT
This vegan brisket is bussin

Alan_Shore posted:

That DICK!
Sep 28, 2010

Alan_Shore posted:

Tampa Bae
Aug 23, 2021

Please, this is all I have
the only reason to be in WWE if you're a high value name is if they're willing to pay you the most. if you care just one little iota about being a good wrestler, telling a good story, having great matches you're doomed. Just look at development right now, they're taking college athletes who couldn't make it in a major sport and fitness models and turning out some of the worst wrestlers they have in a long time. the WWE does not care about wrestling

you're losing your spots to celebrities who want to do vanity projects for clout

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

You've got to admit, you are kind of implausible

1glitch0 posted:

Is Rhea Ripley seriously not booked on Summerslam???

Does Dom have a match? Because surely she'll be accompanying him.

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Davros1 posted:

He’s an NXT champ now so no

History Comes Inside!
Nov 20, 2004

It’s spelled ‘chump’

Gumball Gumption
Jan 7, 2012

I have sympathy, doesn't cost a thing. Sucks that they decided to stick with the company that was actually treating women like a main event after they worked hard to get it and in the end it all got taken away again.

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
Rhea being off SummerSlam seems egregious even to me. Isn't she the hardest pushed thing besides Roman since Paul took over?

Tampa Bae
Aug 23, 2021

MJeff posted:

Rhea being off SummerSlam seems egregious even to me. Isn't she the hardest pushed thing besides Roman since Paul took over?
lol if you think triple h is still in control

Gumball Gumption
Jan 7, 2012

MJeff posted:

I think WWE thinks they've actually been pushing Dominik this whole time and we're idiots for thinking it was a Rhea push.

Seams
Feb 3, 2005

ROCK HARD
Paultriots are in control. Trust the plan

JUNGLE BOY
Sep 23, 2019

Seams posted:

Paultriots are in control. Trust the plan

Vince's surgery is a cover story. He is actually in prison and the other people who conspired against Paul while he was in the hospital are going to be arrested any moment now

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Tampa Bae posted:

lol if you think triple h was ever in control

History Comes Inside!
Nov 20, 2004

Either shut the gently caress up and cry yourself to sleep about your bad booking on the big pile of Saudi blood money they’re paying you with or do something cool like PAC and just walk out.

1glitch0
Sep 4, 2018

I DON'T GIVE A CRAP WHAT SHE BELIEVES THE HARRY POTTER BOOKS CHANGED MY LIFE #HUFFLEPUFF

Davros1 posted:

That's no way good enough.

Chris James 2 posted:

He’s an NXT champ now so no

BWAHAHA

As a very casual WWE watcher I have no interest in Roman vs. Jey because it's just going to be another dinner theater production where Roman wins.

Cody and Brock again. lol, could be funny, but I don't really care.

Participation trophy match. Who cares. Sure It'll be a good match, but who cares.

Ronda and her friend having their masturbatory match.

That's all I know.

Rhea and to a lesser extent Dom is the act I'd be most interested in.

CopywrightMMXI
Jun 1, 2011

One time a guy stole some downhill skis out of my jeep and I was so mad I punched a mailbox. I'm against crime, and I'm not ashamed to admit it.

1glitch0 posted:

That's no way good enough.

BWAHAHA

As a very casual WWE watcher I have no interest in Roman vs. Jey because it's just going to be another dinner theater production where Roman wins.

Cody and Brock again. lol, could be funny, but I don't really care.

Participation trophy match. Who cares. Sure It'll be a good match, but who cares.

Ronda and her friend having their masturbatory match.

That's all I know.

Rhea and to a lesser extent Dom is the act I'd be most interested in.

I still find it funny that the company that tells stories still hasn’t told why Cody and Brock are feuding.

mooseinfants
Dec 22, 2014

MJeff posted:

Her 'push' is so wrapped up in the Judgement Day stuff it's hard to tell really. She's been booked to look strong but hasn't had any legitimate challengers yet, which might be because they don't have any but might also be because she's on TV alot anyway as Dom's valet and the Mami thing is working well with a segment of fans. But her reign thusfar feels like it's taken a bit of a backseat to the Dom push imo.

Digital Jedi
May 28, 2007

Fallen Rib
Cody made fun of Brock's cowboy hat.

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR

CopywrightMMXI posted:

I still find it funny that the company that tells stories still hasn’t told why Cody and Brock are feuding.

Cannot overstress that Brock was directly working against his interests by attacking Cody. Brock cannot challenge for the Undisputed title as long as Roman is champion and Cody was angling to get another shot at Roman before Brock attacked him. Roman hasn't defended his title at all since Wrestlemania, chiefly because Brock took out the number one contender.

PlasticAutomaton
Nov 12, 2016

Artoria Pendonut

they have been fighting for /four months/ and we still do not know why.

Vandar
Sep 14, 2007

Isn't That Right, Chairman?

Rhea is one of the most popular stars they have right now, man or woman, and not getting her onto the Summerslam card is dumb as heck.

But the WWE is gonna WWE so...

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR

PlasticAutomaton posted:

they have been fighting for /four months/ and we still do not know why.

I mean Brock got a mic on Monday and all he said was "Me and Cody are gonna kick each other's asses, Cody, come out and shake my hand." And that was the go-home segment. And this is probably the blow-off, so.

We probably ain't ever gettin' a reason!

Tampa Bae
Aug 23, 2021

cant imagine why someone who got over the wrong way is being left off the card

xbilkis
Apr 11, 2005

god qb
me
jay hova

MJeff posted:

Here are her matches since winning the title at Mania:

-Two mixed tags w/ the Judgement Day against the LWO, setting up
-Successful defense against Zelina at Backlash (match on 5/6, matchtime 7:11)
-Successful defense against Dana Brooke on the Raw after Backlash (5/8, 1:42)
-Successful defense against Nattie at Night of Champions (5/27, 1:10)
-Successful defense against Nattie on Raw (7/3, 12:45)
-Successful defense against Lyra Valkyria on NXT (7/25, 10:12)

So in four months, she's had four singles matches on the main roster that have lasted a total of 20 minutes, 48 seconds of ringtime. This is by far their hottest woman's star

(I think they ran into a problem where they presented her as a threat to male wrestlers, so now internally they don't know how to book her against women anymore and haven't wanted to throw a serious competitor at her. If only they controlled these things!)

CopywrightMMXI
Jun 1, 2011

One time a guy stole some downhill skis out of my jeep and I was so mad I punched a mailbox. I'm against crime, and I'm not ashamed to admit it.

MJeff posted:

Cannot overstress that Brock was directly working against his interests by attacking Cody. Brock cannot challenge for the Undisputed title as long as Roman is champion and Cody was angling to get another shot at Roman before Brock attacked him. Roman hasn't defended his title at all since Wrestlemania, chiefly because Brock took out the number one contender.

It’s almost like Cody was supposed to win at Mania.

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

Rhea is one of their biggest stars but yeah, they don't have any real challengers. Becky would be the logical choice but they wrapped her up with the Trish stuff, then I dunno why that is off the card too.

I think they wanted to do Raquel vs. Rhea but I dunno if injuries happened there, but that's not really a match that would draw much. Liv vs. Rhea would be a better draw and probably pretty decent.

No excuse to leave Rhea off the card, though. Even if you just dropped her into the Trish and Becky match that would be better than nothing.

But they have a lot of midcarders in the women's division, but only a few main eventers. So a lot of those matchups seem stale. I think IYO moving to Raw and cashing in would be the best way they can shake up the main event scene for Raw and give Rhea a fresh opponent.

Codependent Poster fucked around with this message at 00:41 on Aug 4, 2023

1glitch0
Sep 4, 2018

xbilkis posted:

(I think they ran into a problem where they presented her as a threat to male wrestlers, so now internally they don't know how to book her against women anymore and haven't wanted to throw a serious competitor at her. If only they controlled these things!)

It's kinda crazy that Impact has the best ability to book intergender angles and matches without them getting weird or stupid.

blunt
Jul 7, 2005

Has Logan Paul fought Brock yet? That seems like it might be fun

JUNGLE BOY
Sep 23, 2019

blunt posted:

Has Logan Paul fought Brock yet? That seems like it might be fun

I don't think Brock would be down for rehearsing a match 20 times over the course of a month

zetamind2000
Nov 6, 2007

I'm an alien.

JUNGLE BOY posted:

the slim jim battle royal

slim jim guy would get over

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JrxtenpDIj8

Shinji2015
Aug 31, 2007
Keen on the hygiene and on the mission like a super technician.

1glitch0 posted:

It's kinda crazy that Impact has the best ability to book intergender angles and matches without them getting weird or stupid.

I get that WWE/AEW are probably limited by networks/advertisers going "hey we wouldn't be comfortable seeing that on TV," but yeah, I think it shouldn't be as complicated as some promotions make them out to be

Drakkel
May 6, 2007

IT'S LIKE I CAN TOUCH YOU!

Shinji2015 posted:

I get that WWE/AEW are probably limited by networks/advertisers going "hey we wouldn't be comfortable seeing that on TV," but yeah, I think it shouldn't be as complicated as some promotions make them out to be

Remember when they did that mixed tag match with Seth and Becky where men and women couldn't touch other but also it was an elimination match thus creating the scenario where if the guy on one team got pinned and then the girl on the other team got pinned it was just a stalemate? And then it ended with Becky hitting her finisher on the other guy anyway?

JethroMcB
Jan 23, 2004

We're normal now.
We love your family.

Slim Jim Guy is already more over than half the current roster, and he hasn't been on TV in 20 years

Eat My Fuc
May 29, 2007

Alan_Shore posted:

Where can women go in America to get booked better?

yea ok
Jul 27, 2006

Literally anywhere.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
Continuing to do the "WWE is the best at women" gimmick when the company is run by a literal serial rapist who literally abused his employees. Great stuff.

btw, you never answered this.

MJeff posted:

Go ahead and explain why the program that got the most time on Raw, was the most well-received thing in the company and involved the top championship in the company main eventing Wrestlemania would've been stupid.