Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Tom Tucker
Jul 19, 2003

I want to warn you fellers
And tell you one by one
What makes a gallows rope to swing
A woman and a gun

I think he’s saying that he didn’t think the guy was cheating since they were doing it in such a public place and thus it was probably a friend or relative picture.

Which is dumb just say you were horny as gently caress “morally against cheaters” yeah ok

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CaptainViolence
Apr 19, 2006

I'M GONNA GET YOU DUCK

Cowslips Warren posted:

AITA If I tell my coworker her brother is gay and cheated on his gf

Bolding mine. I don't quite understand it.

he thought "i've never been caught" was implicitly followed by "having sex in a car" instead of "cheating on my girlfriend"

Foo Diddley
Oct 29, 2011

cat

quote:

I am known at work for being very honest and speaking my mind, not in a rude way but in a matter-of-fact, helpful way.

i guarantee that abolutely none of his coworkers think of him this way

FMguru
Sep 10, 2003

peed on;
sexually

StrangersInTheNight posted:

Oof I know she blames to mom here, but...he knew how she felt and helped the mom...I dunno how she could honestly trust him enough to marry him after that, knowing he basically sees her boundaries as 'what she doesn't know won't hurt her'.
Yeah, that's a blinking red warning light (fiance let his mother in to try on the dress, fiance tried to run interference for his mom when OP came home unexpectedly, fiance is now downplaying/threatening/bargaining with OP over the dress). Fiance has shown he will always choose his mother over the alleged love of his life and future partner. OP should upload the pic to the families group chat, announce the wedding is cancelled, and see what she can get back in terms of deposits etcetera. Sucks, but at least OP found out where she stood before tying the knot or getting pregnant with their first child.

FMguru
Sep 10, 2003

peed on;
sexually

Tom Tucker posted:

I think he’s saying that he didn’t think the guy was cheating since they were doing it in such a public place and thus it was probably a friend or relative picture.

Which is dumb just say you were horny as gently caress “morally against cheaters” yeah ok
Every cheater has a nonsensical explanation for how the thing they got caught doing wasn't really cheating you see.

Mx.
Dec 16, 2006

I'm a great fan! When I watch TV I'm always saying "That's political correctness gone mad!"
Why thankyew!

It's not cheating if you gently caress in a park or on a beach everybody knows that

Cowslips Warren
Oct 29, 2005

What use had they for tricks and cunning, living in the enemy's warren and paying his price?

Grimey Drawer
More cars!

WIBTA if I purposefully make my sister miss an important event she's worked hard for?

quote:

I (17f) am a very nervous driver. I hate driving. My sister (15f) likes going out with her friends, so I have to drive her. She hates seat belts. She scoffs and rolls her eyes and calls me a "pussy" because for some reason she thinks she's invincible. She never wears hers, no matter what. There's been times where I won't start the car until she puts it on and she just unbuckles as soon as I start driving. I even pulled over and refused to drive again until she buckled and she took her seatbelt off asap.

Two weeks ago, I was driving her and her friend to the movies. On the way there was something in the road. I don't know what it was because it all happened so fast but it was something big, likely something that fell off of or out of a car. I hit the brakes and changed lanes. My sister went FLYING and slammed into the back of my seat. She wasn't hurt at all and everyone is safe, but I was shaking the rest of the way. When the movie was over I refused to go pick them up and my mom had to.

For the past two weeks I have refused to drive her anywhere and my parents have supported me in this. She's missed hanging out with her friends multiple times because my parents were busy or just didn't feel like driving.

My sister LOVES lacrosse, she loves her team, and it's really important to her. She has a super important game Friday morning. My parents cannot drive her and asked me to drive her this Monday, but I told them I will not drive with her in the car. They told my sister that she's responsible for finding her own ride. She said okay.

It's now Thursday night. The match is coming up and she mentioned me driving her-- I said absolutely NOT! She said I was her ride. I said there's no way in hell! We argued and eventually she cried and begged, promising me she'll wear her seatbelt. She can't find a ride now, she doesn't want to let down her team, etc. I told her if she flew through my front window in a car wreck and ended up in the hospital, she'd REALLY let down her team, but she didn't seem to care then.

She's absolutely devastated. Her whole team is upset with her, plus her coach. I know she's learned her lesson by now and she'll absolutely buckle, but I'm just so angry with her because the only reason she's listening is because she has something to gain. I just keep saying that this is what it would be like if she had gotten seriously hurt and couldn't play.

My parents are really upset with me and told me I have to drive her, but they're out of town so they can't do anything. They spend time and money for her lessons and equipment and games-- it's a short drive and I have to suck it up because I can't ruin something so important for her.

Worse, the nervousness has dissipated. I would feel comfortable driving with her because I know she'd buckle, but I'm standing my ground.

WIBTA if I don't take her?

wheatpuppy
Apr 25, 2008

YOU HAVE MY POST!

Cowslips Warren posted:

More cars!

WIBTA if I purposefully make my sister miss an important event she's worked hard for?

If she was really that important to the rest of the team and the coach, you'd think one of them would offer her a ride.

limp dick calvin
Sep 1, 2006

Strepitoso. Vedete? Una meraviglia.
The daughter has become the dad

Barudak
May 7, 2007

I worked at a golf course once and a lot of dudes with way too much money would drive their mistresses to the golf course parking lot to gently caress in their luxury cars and I would never call it cheating because they paid me handsomely not to.

BIG FLUFFY DOG
Feb 16, 2011

On the internet, nobody knows you're a dog.

Biplane posted:

What the gently caress

Cities give pretty wide latitude to developers to name the streets when they make a whole new neighborhood as long as it isn’t vulgar and is unique to the jurisdiction. And that second part is actually pretty hard in big spread out places.

All it takes is one kind of person in that role and you get street names like these. See: the housing development in Henderson NV that’s naming all its streets after Pokémon

Spalec
Apr 16, 2010

Cowslips Warren posted:

More cars!

And she can't take an taxi/Uber because...........?

Jack-Off Lantern
Mar 2, 2012

Barudak posted:

I worked at a golf course once and a lot of dudes with way too much money would drive their mistresses to the golf course parking lot to gently caress in their luxury cars and I would never call it cheating because they paid me handsomely not to.

...and that's how you got your current job. It makes sense now.

Nocheez
Sep 5, 2000

Can you spare a little cheddar?
Nap Ghost

Cowslips Warren posted:

More cars!

Sounds like she learned her lesson, maybe the Find out part of loving Around was enough? Why keep twisting the knife?

My idiot brother was over 40 years old before he learned the lesson, because he was in a slow-moving accident that rolled his SUV. He broke his moonroof with his shoulder, and had lots of pain and recovery from what should have not been that big of a deal.

He wears his seat belt now.

dervival
Apr 23, 2014

Foo Diddley posted:

AITA for asking my friend tp pay for water damages in my kitchen even though my sons "pranked" her?

i didn't raise them to be this way, boys will be boys, can't believe my friend is blowing up our friendship like this

i like how her friend called her sons developmentally delayed, that's definitely the phrasing someone would use there

Pirate Radar
Apr 18, 2008

You're not my Ruthie!
You're not my Debbie!
You're not my Sherry!

dervival posted:

i like how her friend called her sons developmentally delayed, that's definitely the phrasing someone would use there

It says on your chart that you talk like a homosexual and your poo poo’s all developmentally delayed

Big Bowie Bonanza
Dec 30, 2007

please tell me where i can date this cute boy
My cousin when we were in middle school was one of my best friends and I loved her more than anything. She hated wearing a seat belt and refused in the same way. I get to go visit the park named after her after she died getting ejected from my other cousin’s car when I’m back home. He’s still alive because he was wearing a seat belt. I wish she was here instead of the park.

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal
Brake checking your sister worked once before, do it some more

shame on an IGA
Apr 8, 2005

Mx. posted:

AITA for refusing to cut a client's extremely long hair?

are ladders as tightly regulated as knives in the UK?

Chef Boyardeez Nuts
Sep 9, 2011

The more you kick against the pricks, the more you suffer.

Foo Diddley posted:

comic books from the 1980s had people's whole-rear end names and addresses on the letters page. i thought that was particularly incredible, since a lot of them were engaging in nerd arguments

In 2005 my friends and I found that ~80% of the kids identified by their full name on Nickelodeon G.U.T.S. reruns were active on Facebook and surprisingly tender about their being reminded of their childhood failings.

mllaneza
Apr 28, 2007

Veteran, Bermuda Triangle Expeditionary Force, 1993-1952

Consummate Professional posted:

The daughter has become the dad

The circle is now complete.

ps. Wear your goddamn seatbelt, I don't want you flying around and slamming into me..

SulfurMonoxideCute
Feb 9, 2008

I was under direct orders not to die
🐵❌💀

A guy I grew up with was thrown from a car and killed because he thought he was too cool for seat belts. His younger brother was the driver, and he was drunk. Their mom was in denial about the drunk part, might still be.

BIG FLUFFY DOG
Feb 16, 2011

Spalec posted:

And she can't take an taxi/Uber because...........?

She’s a 15 year old girl who would probably be traveling by herself.

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

You mess with the crabbo...

AITA for grabbing a snack the host didn't want us to have?

quote:

A month or so ago, a group of people and I were at a person we'll call Klaus' apartment. On his counter was a bunch of snacks. He gestured to the whole counter, saying we could have anything off it. I grabbed one of the cinnamon rolls and he immediately got mad and started shaming me and yelling at me in front of everyone. He said it was his and I shouldn't have grabbed it. I tried putting it back, but he said no, I could have it since I already grabbed it.

Honestly, I wish I would have stood up for myself, but I am pretty unpopular with them and I'm sure everyone would have taken his side. Klaus always treats me like a child and that he's a parental figure over me. I'm worried though that maybe he was right and I shouldn't have taken the cinnamon roll. The other snacks on the counter were candies, chips, salsa, and drinks, much different from the cinnamon roll, so maybe I should have paid more attention and not taken it.

Hey thanks for coming, help yourself to some snacks NO NOT THOSE ONES YOU rear end in a top hat, WHAT THE gently caress :argh:

TheDeadlyShoe
Feb 14, 2014

BIG FLUFFY DOG posted:

IIRC Uber now allows teenagers to ride if there's a nannycam.

FoolyCharged
Oct 11, 2012

Cheating at a raffle? I sentence you to 1 year in jail! No! Two years! Three! Four! Five years! Ah! Ah! Ah! Ah!
Somebody call for an ant?

Nocheez posted:

Sounds like she learned her lesson, maybe the Find out part of loving Around was enough? Why keep twisting the knife?

My idiot brother was over 40 years old before he learned the lesson, because he was in a slow-moving accident that rolled his SUV. He broke his moonroof with his shoulder, and had lots of pain and recovery from what should have not been that big of a deal.

He wears his seat belt now.

See, I don't see that she's learned he lesson. I see someone who assumed the person who said they wouldn't give her a ride would give her a ride if she didn't bother finding anyone else. The issue here is that op is afraid this girl will kill herself on op's watch because she literally can't stop acting like a 5 year old at 15. She can get driven by the op when op feels safe letting her in op's car and not a moment sooner. I've seen mva ejections, and they're not pretty.

Nocheez
Sep 5, 2000

Nap Ghost

FoolyCharged posted:

See, I don't see that she's learned he lesson.

From the OP:
"We argued and eventually she cried and begged, promising me she'll wear her seatbelt."

aardwolf
Apr 27, 2013

Cowslips Warren posted:

Worst street I ever saw was Lane Street.

Why. Is there a Street Lane? A Lane Avenue? How about an Avenue Lane?

It wouldn't shock me that a prize winning journalist for the Daily Planet has a street named after her, especially since she defeated Lex Luthor a couple of times.

Pirate Radar
Apr 18, 2008

You're not my Ruthie!
You're not my Debbie!
You're not my Sherry!

aardwolf posted:

It wouldn't shock me that a prize winning journalist for the Daily Planet has a street named after her, especially since she defeated Lex Luthor a couple of times.

Shame about what happened at that college they named after the other reporter.

Beato Believer
May 23, 2009

I believe in Beato.
Even when she's driving.
At night.
In a snowstorm.

Nocheez posted:

From the OP:
"We argued and eventually she cried and begged, promising me she'll wear her seatbelt."

Get handcuffs, cuff her hands behind her back, and strap her seatbeat on her. She won't be undoing it then. Uncuff her at the destination.

Yeah, this is a bit overboard, but if she really needs that ride...

PancakeTransmission
May 27, 2007

You gotta improvise, Lisa: cloves, Tom Collins mix, frozen pie crust...

Plaster Town Cop

BIG FLUFFY DOG posted:

Or public transport? (lol if it even existed in American suburbia)

Midnight Voyager
Jul 2, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

Nocheez posted:

From the OP:

..."eventually," when it was made clear that they wouldn't take her otherwise...

The Bramble
Mar 16, 2004

I would just be brake checking hard and often and when I knew she wasn’t paying attention.

Foo Diddley
Oct 29, 2011

cat
i just wouldn't drive her

BIG FLUFFY DOG
Feb 16, 2011

TheDeadlyShoe posted:

IIRC Uber now allows teenagers to ride if there's a nannycam.

I as a parent would probably have concerns about letting a 15 year old daughter ride in the car of a company which has well reported horror stories about women being targeted by drivers outside of the corporate policies of the Uber corporation.

Even if said daughter was a complete idiot about seatbelts

Cowslips Warren
Oct 29, 2005

What use had they for tricks and cunning, living in the enemy's warren and paying his price?

Grimey Drawer
More....car stuff.

AITA for checking my husband's dashcam footage on his car without his consent

quote:

I (34F) live with my husband (37M) and daughter (7F).

My daughter and I recently went on a short trip out of state while my husband stayed as he had work and was supposed to look after our dog.

On the last day of our trip we got a call from my husband who was acting distraught and said that our dog Ellie had run away and that he could not find her. He claimed she just bolted away from him in the park, into some bushes and he could not find her.

Our dog is quite small, a mini poodle mix and almost 13 years old, she is still active but it is really unlike her to run away from us and I was suspicious but chose to believe my husband and me and my daughter were in grief but did not want to blame him.

When we came back home, he seemed surprisingly ok unlike us. Ever since the pandemic, my husband started working from home and he has always been annoyed at how much attention we gave Ellie and hated how Ellie begged to sit on our laps and his while he worked.

A few days later we got a call from an animal rescue in a neighboring state quite far from us that she had been found. I picked the phone and it was on our landline which we almost never use these days but was the contact on the microchip.

I told my husband and he just said "that is great, I am so happy" but it felt kind of blunt and insincere. I said it is strange that she got so far and he responded that someone must have stolen her and then abandoned her. This made little sense to me as to why that would happen.

When he was out drinking with his buddies, I copied the videos from his dashcam for the days I was away and saw that he had indeed taken Ellie far out of state, and clearly dropped her in front of his car thrown a frisbee like object into a field, yelled fetch and drove off without her.

I was livid and confronted him and he just stupidly muttered how he dropped her there so she could find a farm and have a better life and then the next day got really angry at me for viewing his dashcam and called me an my daughter AHs.

Solenna
Jun 5, 2003

I'd say it was your manifest destiny not to.

Cowslips Warren posted:

More....car stuff.

I (34F) live with my husband (37M) and daughter (7F).

Nocheez
Sep 5, 2000

Nap Ghost

Cowslips Warren posted:

More....car stuff.

That is some family-annihilator pre-behavior right there.

Kurieg
Jul 19, 2012

RIP Lutri: 5/19/20-4/2/20
:blizz::gamefreak:

Cowslips Warren posted:

More cars!

Sister gets a ride out there, if she continues to tempt fate, leave her there. if she tempts fate on the ride back, brake check every single stop sign.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BAGS FLY AT NOON
Apr 6, 2011

A Soft Nylon Bag

Cowslips Warren posted:

More....car stuff.

Husband needs to taken to a farm upstate