Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Nephthys
Mar 27, 2010

Oh snap, it's exactly what I wanted?! Heck yeah! :woop:

I also want Toga to survive and marry Uraraka. Throwin' that out there just in case it works twice.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

serious gaylord
Sep 16, 2007

what.

Larryb posted:

Yeah, it sort of sounds like a “What If?” style AU movie that uses the original concept ideas for the characters while still retaining a lot of the story bits from the main timeline. Which if true could actually be kind of cool provided it’s handled right.

It sounds like bad fanfic.

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

no, it sounds like cool fanfic

SpacePig
Apr 4, 2007

Hold that pose.
I've gotta get something.
Is it fanfic if it's written by the person who wrote the main thing?

Tampa Bae
Aug 23, 2021

Please, this is all I have

SpacePig posted:

Is it fanfic if it's written by the person who wrote the main thing?
all of dan slotts spiderman was bad fanfic

Fabricated
Apr 9, 2007

Living the Dream
Well we're keeping up the cape comic inspiration at least

CharlestonJew
Jul 7, 2011

Illegal Hen
What If: MHA was good

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k

Tampa Bae posted:

all of dan slotts spiderman was bad fanfic

Can't stress this enough

TheHan
Oct 29, 2011

Grind, you poor fool!
Grind straight for the stars!
https://tcbscans.com/chapters/7457/my-hero-academia-chapter-396?date=3-8-2023-16

loving love that this is happening at the same time as ochako’s big moment. even in universe she is overshadowed.

Fabricated
Apr 9, 2007

Living the Dream

TheHan posted:

https://tcbscans.com/chapters/7457/my-hero-academia-chapter-396?date=3-8-2023-16

loving love that this is happening at the same time as ochako’s big moment. even in universe she is overshadowed.
All of this stuff is important. If Toga's wave of clones hadn't stopped it would have been game over in the same way Dabi going off like a nuke would've been.

Mymla
Aug 12, 2010
Yeah I have no idea how deku or anyone else in his class is supposed to surpass all might, the greatest hero.

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

I have no idea why but I cracked up at seeing Melissa

Valentin
Sep 16, 2012

today also apparently marks a full year of dead bakugo. happy anniversary dead bakugo

CharlestonJew
Jul 7, 2011

Illegal Hen
ok MHA is good again

Terper
Jun 26, 2012

The items being based on his students Quirks is so good. So actually good.

Mymla posted:

Yeah I have no idea how deku or anyone else in his class is supposed to surpass all might, the greatest hero.

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

Valentin posted:

today also apparently marks a full year of dead bakugo. happy anniversary dead bakugo

My Hero Academia Manga Thread: RIP Bozo : (

Vinylshadow
Mar 20, 2017

Mymla posted:

Do what Digimon did and give everyone armored forms, duh

Elite
Oct 30, 2010

Vinylshadow posted:

Do what Digimon did and give everyone armored forms, duh

Can’t wait to see how Armored Punished Deku is different from Punished Armored Deku

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

Jack in!! MegaMan, Execute!
Well, Hori finally did it. He finally made Quirkless Batman.

Mymla posted:

:same:

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

Melissa :)

TheHan
Oct 29, 2011

Grind, you poor fool!

Fabricated posted:

All of this stuff is important. If Toga's wave of clones hadn't stopped it would have been game over in the same way Dabi going off like a nuke would've been.

Yeah but if somebody booked All Might's final fight during my match I'd feel pretty snubbed.

Staltran
Jan 3, 2013

Fallen Rib

Fabricated posted:

Didn't Toga's clone wave stop because she ran out of Twice's blood, not beucause of anything Ochako did? The Toga/Uravity fight mattered to them, but I don't thinkit really changed anything wrt the Sad Man' Parade going on.

CommieGIR
Aug 22, 2006

The blue glow is a feature, not a bug

Pillbug

Staltran posted:

Didn't Toga's clone wave stop because she ran out of Twice's blood, not beucause of anything Ochako did? The Toga/Uravity fight mattered to them, but I don't thinkit really changed anything wrt the Sad Man' Parade going on.

Yeah, Toga herself said she ran out, but Ochako had delayed her long enough and by the time she ran out, Toga wasn't really fighting anymore but coming to terms

AtomikKrab
Jul 17, 2010

Keep on GOP rolling rolling rolling rolling.

This chapter alone is well worth the other stuff.

Rhonne
Feb 13, 2012

I loving love All Might.

TheHan
Oct 29, 2011

Grind, you poor fool!

Mymla posted:

This was my only other takeaway from this chapter. All those heroes look like chumps now with how effortlessly All Might's got All for One on the backfoot lol

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

All Might is still, easily, the best part of My Hero Academia and it's not remotely close.

The Awesomesaurus
Feb 15, 2006

I'm too cool to be extinct.

Man, Monoma’s gonna be pissed when it turns out that All Might didn’t name any of his attacks after 1-B students.

TheKingofSprings
Oct 9, 2012
Ok so what editor thought this wasn’t a cool way for Deku to fight

Azubah
Jun 5, 2007

Probably because it would be exhausting to come up with clever ways to fight like that every arc.

Shindragon
Jun 6, 2011

by Athanatos
Goddamn.

I'm so happy that it is basically a goddamn Iron Man suit. All Might loving rocks! Lmfao at La Brava shouting like it's a Bankai

DizzyBum
Apr 16, 2007

Hey. This rules.

Melissa Shield is canon now :aaa:

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

She always was.

Larryb
Oct 5, 2010

DizzyBum posted:

Hey. This rules.

Melissa Shield is canon now :aaa:

Pretty sure she’s appeared in the manga before actually (or at least in one of the side projects). I think all 3 movies are supposed to be canon for that matter

Farg
Nov 19, 2013
lol this is legit sick as hell. mha is a land of contrasts

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

Jack in!! MegaMan, Execute!
This feels like appropriate music for this chapter.

DrakePegasus
Jan 30, 2009

It was Plundersaurus Rex's dream to be the greatest pirate dragon ever.

Deku’s American girlfriend who totally exists made it! Now waiting for his European boyfriend.

Kyte
Nov 19, 2013

Never quacked for this

TheKingofSprings posted:

Ok so what editor thought this wasn’t a cool way for Deku to fight

For one it's only possible because AM has a shitton of connections and resources.
For another, he's going through a whole cast's worth of toys for one fight. It's not sustainable.

Elite
Oct 30, 2010

Kyte posted:

For one it's only possible because AM has a shitton of connections and resources.
For another, he's going through a whole cast's worth of toys for one fight. It's not sustainable.

Okay, but it’s not like Deku would be up against a super saiyan final boss from day 1 either.

He wouldn’t need so many tricks or so many resources to fight idk Gentle.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rhonne
Feb 13, 2012

Elite posted:

Okay, but it’s not like Deku would be up against a super saiyan final boss from day 1 either.

He wouldn’t need so many tricks or so many resources to fight idk Gentle.

Gentle would be the absolute worst matchup for someone fighting with support equipment, he could just make all your gear bouncy and useless.