Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Splicer
Oct 16, 2006

from hell's heart I cast at thee
🧙🐀🧹🌙🪄🐸

D-Pad posted:

Sqweezy has a response to this on his TikTok actually (pro follow btw)

https://www.tiktok.com/t/ZT8LrCEsj/
Why is the recommended section full of weirdly shot breastfeeding videos? I don't use tiktok, I have a cookie scrubber plugin, and the only tiktok links I click are pretty much from sa. What are you guys doing on there???

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TinTower
Apr 21, 2010

You don't have to 8e a good person to 8e a hero.
https://twitter.com/KeithNHumphreys/status/1687066784258461696

freeedr
Feb 21, 2005

I have to awards points here begrudgingly

Frank Frank
Jun 13, 2001

Mirrored

What’s the story behind this one?

Splicer
Oct 16, 2006

from hell's heart I cast at thee
🧙🐀🧹🌙🪄🐸

Frank Frank posted:

Rupert Holmes and his wife both wanted some strange.

kazil
Jul 24, 2005

Derpmph trial star reporter!

Frank Frank posted:

escapism

Read After Burning
Feb 19, 2013

"All this, for me? 💃Ah, you didn't have to! 🥰"

Splicer posted:

As corny as that song is, "I'm not much into health food; I am into champagne" is still a good line.

Lobok
Jul 13, 2006

Say Watt?

Splicer posted:

Why is the recommended section full of weirdly shot breastfeeding videos? I don't use tiktok, I have a cookie scrubber plugin, and the only tiktok links I click are pretty much from sa. What are you guys doing on there???

Get your head out of the gutter, SA has lots of new moms these days. Goon boobs nourishing the next generation.

SyNack Sassimov
May 4, 2006

Let the robot win.
            --Captain James T. Vader

Splicer posted:

Whenever someone mentions Rupert Holmes I'm reminded of the weirdest fact (to me anyway) about him - he wrote the music for The Mystery of Edwin Drood, a CYOA Broadway musical based off an unfinished Dickens novel, in which the audience votes for one of three possible endings. Pretty far away from the pina colada song, the actual name of which escapes me right now.

Waste of Breath
Dec 30, 2021

I only know🧠 one1️⃣ thing🪨: I😡 want😤 to 🔪kill☠️… 😈Chaos😱… I need🥵 to. [TIME⏰ TO DIE☠️]
:same:

Splicer posted:

Sorry you're wrong, it's by Jimmy Buffet. Limewire told me so

Frank Frank
Jun 13, 2001

Mirrored
I mean; I get the song. I guess maybe the song itself was the point and not the story. Nm

Read After Burning
Feb 19, 2013

"All this, for me? 💃Ah, you didn't have to! 🥰"

Frank Frank posted:

I mean; I get the song. I guess maybe the song itself was the point and not the story. Nm

A Harvard researcher (professor?) named Francesca Gino is accused of lying about poo poo, so it looks like she is suing in response. Something about making up data for studies she did? Frankly I myself need a TL;DR for the story.

Read After Burning has a new favorite as of 04:01 on Aug 4, 2023

Grassy Knowles
Apr 4, 2003

"The original Terminator was a gritty fucking AMAZING piece of sci-fi. Gritty fucking rock-hard MURDER!"

Splicer posted:

My recommendations were all news, resort shooting in Cancun?

ultrafilter
Aug 23, 2007

It's okay if you have any questions.

Read After Burning posted:

A Harvard researcher (professor?) named Francesca Gino is accused of lying about poo poo, so it looks like she is suing in response. Something about making up data for studies she did? Frankly I myself need a TL;DR for the story.

That's the gist of it. The one detail that might be important is that the studies that she's accused of having faked data for deal with honesty.

Tunicate
May 15, 2012

If these accusations were all a social experiment would that be dishonest?

Trabant
Nov 26, 2011

All systems nominal.

kazil posted:

escapism

SyNack Sassimov posted:

Pretty far away from the pina colada song, the actual name of which escapes me right now.

freeedr posted:

I have to awards points here begrudgingly

Like an angry applause.

SyNack Sassimov
May 4, 2006

Let the robot win.
            --Captain James T. Vader

Trabant posted:

Like an angry applause.

Atticus_1354
Dec 10, 2006

barkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbark

Hollandia
Jul 27, 2007

rattus rattus

Grimey Drawer

Mitch McKennel

grittyreboot
Oct 2, 2012

https://twitter.com/thelicoricekid/status/1687160830733819904?t=Y8f8tyW7FxV1wsrvTtbjKQ&s=19

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

A man becomes preeminent, he's expected to have enthusiasms.

Enthusiasms, enthusiasms...
If you call it a different name is it the same boat

goatsestretchgoals
Jun 4, 2011

Alan Smithee posted:

yes but also no as proven in the documentary lord of war

little known fact: nic cage used the confusion from the reflag scene to bring dinosaur bones back

Mr. Bad Guy
Jun 28, 2006
It's meant to parse as "The Most Recent Voyage of the Demeter"

Vapor Moon
Feb 24, 2010

Neato!
The Human Font
https://twitter.com/H1TWOM4N/status/1687302675799404544

GD_American
Jul 21, 2004

LISTEN TO WHAT I HAVE TO SAY AS IT'S INCREDIBLY IMPORTANT!
I feel the same way when I feed my dog shrimp. I tell her "no canine would ever been able to taste this treat without our intervention"

codo27
Apr 21, 2008

https://twitter.com/H1TWOM4N/status/1683316903480029184?t=67jnxmqwHIPhjoOTTpBJug&s=19

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.

Alan Smithee posted:

Your getting philosophical now

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ship_of_Theseus

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.

GD_American posted:

I feel the same way when I feed my dog shrimp. I tell her "no canine would ever been able to taste this treat without our intervention"

You know how some people eat the placenta after they have a kid? This is why I would refuse to do that if offered. Not because I'm inherently opposed to the concept, it's literally the only way of eating meat because of the creation of life, instead of it's destruction, but what if it's really, really good? Like the best meal I ever have, do I just start trying to become friends with tons of pregnant women?

boofhead
Feb 18, 2021

Air Skwirl posted:

You know how some people eat the placenta after they have a kid? This is why I would refuse to do that if offered. Not because I'm inherently opposed to the concept, it's literally the only way of eating meat because of the creation of life, instead of it's destruction, but what if it's really, really good? Like the best meal I ever have, do I just start trying to become friends with tons of pregnant women?

Please don't use something awful to astroturf a sympathetic backstory for when you inevitably get arrested and tried for cannibalism. Goons have enough problems already without their loved ones going "something awful? Isn't that that pregnant woman cannibal fetish site??" 5 years from now

Lazy_Liberal
Sep 17, 2005

These stones are :sparkles: precious :sparkles:

boofhead posted:

Please don't use something awful to astroturf a sympathetic backstory for when you inevitably get arrested and tried for cannibalism. Goons have enough problems already without their loved ones going "something awful? Isn't that that pregnant woman cannibal fetish site??" 5 years from now

we do way instain mother>

Biplane
Jul 18, 2005

lol

King Carnivore
Dec 17, 2007

Graveyard Disciple
the placenta definitely can’t frigth back

dialhforhero
Apr 3, 2008
Am I 🧑‍🏫 out of touch🤔? No🧐, it's the children👶 who are wrong🤷🏼‍♂️
Someone please photoshop Saturn Devouring his Son except it’s Air Swirl devouring Placenta and make it his avatar.

Frank Frank
Jun 13, 2001

Mirrored
I got probed for cannibalism once

Mak0rz
Aug 2, 2008

😎🐗🚬

Alan Smithee posted:

The Ship of Thesaurus

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

Mak0rz posted:

The Ship of Thesaurus

Mods

space uncle
Sep 17, 2006

"I don’t care if Biden beats Trump. I’m not offloading responsibility. If enough people feel similar to me, such as the large population of Muslim people in Dearborn, Michigan. Then he won’t"

https://twitter.com/joecacola/status/1687404988480307200?s=20

When I saw the placenta after my kids birth I was very impressed, the thing is huge and complicated. I can’t believe it just grows in 9 months and keeps a fetus alive and then just pops right out.

The ob/gyn noticed I was interested and started geeking out over it too, pointing at all the structures and explaining what it does. Women are loving metal.

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

https://twitter.com/PostFilm/status/1687420611503505408

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

space uncle posted:

When I saw the placenta after my kids birth I was very impressed, the thing is huge and complicated. I can’t believe it just grows in 9 months and keeps a fetus alive and then just pops right out.

this is technically also true of the child

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

darkwasthenight
Jan 7, 2011

GENE TRAITOR

boofhead posted:

If I had a dollar for every time somebody made chilli from their placenta and posted it on here I'd have a dollar.