Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: Buck Wildman)

Antonymous
Apr 4, 2009

the ice pikmin are like unlimited purple spray from pikmin 2. which is ok I guess

it's very fun though the plot is pretty lol once you realize what you're actually collecting (not parts, treasure or fruit)

the tower defense mode is not well realized

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Antonymous
Apr 4, 2009

it's also kinda glitchy

a hard mode with deadlier enemies and no lock on/throw limit and maybe more pikmin restrictions would make it one of the best games i've played in years tho. I really like it I'm on the last map

Whirling
Feb 23, 2023

Real hurthling! posted:

pikmin4 any good? ive heard no buzz at all. the last kirby got way more attention it feels like

So far, its my GOTY that isn't a remake

Homeless Friend
Jul 16, 2007
lol this fuckin game is taking like 30 minutes to install

Homeless Friend
Jul 16, 2007
lmfao at the edge dragonborn character

Popy
Feb 19, 2008

in BG3 my dream girlfriend says its fine to keep sticking these brain leeches into my own brain so im gonna keep doing it she said it was healthy and normal.

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

:coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot:

Popy posted:

in BG3 my dream girlfriend says its fine to keep sticking these brain leeches into my own brain so im gonna keep doing it she said it was healthy and normal.

tragic most players will never know the og waifu generator that game had in ea

Lostconfused
Oct 1, 2008

My first impressions of Baldur's Gate 3 is that it looks nice and plays like poo poo.

Maybe come back in a year or two when they fix it.

Bloody Hedgehog
Dec 12, 2003

💥💥🤯💥💥
Gotta nuke something

Lostconfused posted:

My first impressions of Baldur's Gate 3 is that it looks nice and plays like poo poo.

Maybe come back in a year or two when they fix it.

How does it play like poo poo?

Lostconfused
Oct 1, 2008

Camera issues, geometry issues, UI way to busy, feels slow, scripting broke a few times.

Just a bad first impression.

MonsieurChoc
Oct 12, 2013

Every species can smell its own extinction.
I got my stuff stolen by tiefling kids, and couldn’t find it even after infiltrating their secret hideout. So I gave their leader 35 coins for when she leads a thieves guild. She’s going far.

indigi
Jul 20, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 6 hours!
I’m enjoying XC3 so far but my god 2 hours in and the newbie tutorials are still coming. they even make you exit out of the menu tutorial before you can go in and do stuff yourself

Goa Tse-tung
Feb 11, 2008

;3

Yams Fan
performance in BG3 is fine for me (3080 and on a SSD), I have problems with the actual content of the game

all these NPCs are terrible! if I didn't need them to survive I'd kill them all for being boring Bishops! like I did with the OG Bishop!!!

and they all have huge personal quests, if I leave them out I bet this game is barely 30 hours

turn off the TV
Aug 4, 2010

moderately annoying

indigi posted:

I’m enjoying XC3 so far but my god 2 hours in and the newbie tutorials are still coming. they even make you exit out of the menu tutorial before you can go in and do stuff yourself

you should finish with most of the tutorial stuff in just 20-30 more hours

Buddykins
Feb 12, 2011

bitmap posted:

we're gonna gently caress

hell yeah

Buddykins
Feb 12, 2011

Popy posted:

so realistic!!

turn off the TV
Aug 4, 2010

moderately annoying

one poo poo thing about xc3 is that they lock some very basic parts of the combat system until close to half way through the game if you just do the main plot and there's no real story reason for it. the other poo poo thing is that like 2/3rds of the content is side quest stuff that you'll instantly be over leveled for if you fight any enemies. fortunately they added a feature that lets you level down your characters and all you gotta do to use it is play NG+ :)

Xaris
Jul 25, 2006

Lucky there's a family guy
Lucky there's a man who positively can do
All the things that make us
Laugh and cry

Buddykins posted:

do people still play deep rock galactic

yeah it's like close to top 60 most played games on steam and equal to SF6. it's the best 4p chill stone-drunk co-op game out there. not a lot of those l4d games actually take off and DRG was probably the most successful since L4D2 or Payday2

that said, personally i'm like a solid 2 years behind on updates since i last played it, but not because it's bad or no one plays it, just got too sidetracked with other games and i dont do co-op gaming with my buds on discord much anymore. i'm probably not the only one

Antonymous
Apr 4, 2009

oh they made xcom 3? sick

*googles*

gently caress you

Cuttlefush
Jan 15, 2014

gotta have my purp

Antonymous posted:

oh they made xcom 3? sick

*googles*

gently caress you

xenonauts 2 bay bee

Oglethorpe
Aug 8, 2005

Lostconfused posted:

Camera issues, geometry issues, UI way to busy, feels slow, scripting broke a few times.

Just a bad first impression.

like morrowind vs oblivion, or neverwinternights 1 & 2

Buddykins
Feb 12, 2011

Oblivion is the best elder scrolls game, dont @ me gently caress you im right

Antonymous
Apr 4, 2009

Buddykins posted:

Oblivion is the best elder scrolls game, dont @ me gently caress you im right

@buddykins

yeah you're right. it is.

Buddykins
Feb 12, 2011

Antonymous posted:

@buddykins

yeah you're right. it is.

:glomp:

Buddykins
Feb 12, 2011

morrowind is trash. Combat system is poo poo, and graphics are garbage, quests are idiotic

Cuttlefush
Jan 15, 2014

gotta have my purp
die

Oglethorpe
Aug 8, 2005

Buddykins posted:

morrowind is trash. Combat system is poo poo, and graphics are garbage, quests are idiotic

i made this scroll of levitation for you

bitmap
Aug 8, 2006

Popy posted:

wait thats not the "guardian" you create at the start is it

turn off the TV
Aug 4, 2010

moderately annoying

morrowind has better combat than oblivion or skyrim. none of them are fun action games but morrowind lets you juice your stats into the thousands and then cast a fireball so large it wipes out every loaded NPC and/or crashes the game

Goa Tse-tung
Feb 11, 2008

;3

Yams Fan

bitmap posted:

wait thats not the "guardian" you create at the start is it

yeah in the EA it was literally your dream partner

I assume they changed it to get shocked reactions from streamers like the Skye/Star thing in cyberpunk

icantfindaname
Jul 1, 2008

I played some of morrowind for the first time recently. Whatever its gameplay merits, that is one piss-ugly game by modern standards

bitmap
Aug 8, 2006

Goa Tse-tung posted:

yeah in the EA it was literally your dream partner

I assume they changed it to get shocked reactions from streamers like the Skye/Star thing in cyberpunk

drat I guess im getting tossed around by some huge bad orc bitch

Ytlaya
Nov 13, 2005

indigi posted:

I'm pretty sure you get one of the tutorials twice.

Like a tutorial for the exact same thing, two separate times. Maybe for accessories or something?

Speaking of accessories - they're goofy because there's like 50 different types but you'll only care about a handful for each role.

Regarde Aduck
Oct 19, 2012

c l o u d k i t t e n
Grimey Drawer

Buddykins posted:

Stop this at once

Homeless Friend
Jul 16, 2007

Buddykins posted:

all these are true except the last one. for them all to be true, you'd have to be talking about oblivion

Homeless Friend
Jul 16, 2007
buhhhh follow the arrow. i looove quest

Tankbuster
Oct 1, 2021

turn off the TV posted:

morrowind has better combat than oblivion or skyrim. none of them are fun action games but morrowind lets you juice your stats into the thousands and then cast a fireball so large it wipes out every loaded NPC and/or crashes the game

modded skyrim is straight up an excellent action game and even the base vanilla game game was better than witcher 3.

Yardbomb
Jul 11, 2011

What's with the eh... bretonnian dance, sir?

Xaris posted:

yeah it's like close to top 60 most played games on steam and equal to SF6. it's the best 4p chill stone-drunk co-op game out there. not a lot of those l4d games actually take off and DRG was probably the most successful since L4D2 or Payday2

that said, personally i'm like a solid 2 years behind on updates since i last played it, but not because it's bad or no one plays it, just got too sidetracked with other games and i dont do co-op gaming with my buds on discord much anymore. i'm probably not the only one

SF6 also rules, I got to mid platinum with Ryu just throwing hadoukens, baiting people to jump into shoryukens and sweeping drive rushes coming at me, give or take some walk up throws against drive parries.

Yardbomb
Jul 11, 2011

What's with the eh... bretonnian dance, sir?

Also Morrowind's visuals are a fine wine.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Red Baron
Mar 9, 2007

ty slumfrog :)

Buddykins posted:

dumb opinion held by an idiot bab—oh, yeah, it’s Buddykins