Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

sourdough
Apr 30, 2012

Just Chamber posted:

I actually think Trossard is our second best striker lol

lol yeah I was thinking let trossard run around up top next time jesus is injured. I have vague memories of him playing there once or twice last season but don't remember how he did or if I imagined it altogether.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

blue footed boobie
Sep 14, 2012

UEFA SUPREMACY

Shrapnig posted:

Yet you spent £70m on Havertz for some reason and are about to let Pepe leave for free when surely you could squeeze £15-20m out of some French side for him and then it's really just a rounding issue.

Not to mention overpaying for Declan Rice but there's really nothing that can be done about that, he was always going to cost you at least £100m with the English tax.

Not sure I understand your point here, OP. The midfield needed strengthening, too.

tristeham
Jul 31, 2022
i have zero sympathy for arsenal since they decided to keep the rapist. hope they get relegated

Weaponized Cum
Aug 31, 2004

This post brought to you by the finest Miami cocaine money can buy ----->
Arsenal can gently caress off

Masonity
Dec 31, 2007

What, I wonder, does this hidden face of madness reveal of the makers? These K'Chain Che'Malle?

sourdough posted:

lol yeah I was thinking let trossard run around up top next time jesus is injured. I have vague memories of him playing there once or twice last season but don't remember how he did or if I imagined it altogether.

He played a few games up top at the tail end of the season and looked pretty decent. He's a better straight replacement for Jesus than Eddie is, as he actually creates for other people and improves the team while Eddie either scores or just stinks everything up. I'm really not a fan.

Literally Lewis Hamilton
Feb 22, 2005

Weaponized Cum posted:

harperdc
Jul 24, 2007

blue footed boobie posted:

For Raya, I think Masonity made a good point that lowering goals conceded is probably the easiest way for Arsenal to pick up points. I'm more of the opinion that Arsenal conceding goals was the result of the defense getting discombobulated when Saliba and Tomiyasu went down and Arsenal had to play Holding at cb and White on the right, but Timber should probably address that problem. I guess saving some points off of Ramsdale's gaffs will help.

Yeah, even if Ramsdale got a bit off at the end of the year, missing half a first-choice defense really hurt, and the stand-ins weren’t great.

Balogun is more sellable than Nketiah right now IMO, though the options at CF being Gabriel Jesus, then Nketiah/Balogun and Trossard (?) or maybe Kai Havertz (?!?!) is a bit worrying. Ideally Eddie gets better at doing a Medium Gabi impression or Balogun can, and the other options are change-ups depending on opponent or to rest the main striker.

vyelkin
Jan 2, 2011

Weaponized Cum posted:

lomzus
Mar 18, 2009
https://twitter.com/skysportsnews/status/1687094323949834240?s=46&t=ObJ2Cbz_AUf7qUy0NOWmew

Blinkz0rz
May 27, 2001

MY CONTEMPT FOR MY OWN EMPLOYEES IS ONLY MATCHED BY MY LOVE FOR TOM BRADY'S SWEATY MAGA BALLS

Weaponized Cum posted:

Starsnostars
Jan 17, 2009

The Master of Magnetism
I'd hoped to have Tino for a season in the Championship, he was great for us before the injury and seeing him come back was one of the few good points of last season.

Frankston
Jul 27, 2010

Weaponized Cum posted:

lomzus
Mar 18, 2009
https://twitter.com/FabrizioRomano/status/1687151363359195139

TheRat
Aug 30, 2006

The photoshops are getting worse

vyelkin
Jan 2, 2011
seriously who is making these photoshops for him

Loving Africa Chaps
Dec 3, 2007

We had not left it yet, but when I would wake in the night, I would lie, listening, homesick for it already.

AI is replacing transfer Photoshop artists 😔

sticksy
May 26, 2004
Nap Ghost
Ok but what year was he born????

Alfred P. Pseudonym
May 29, 2006

And when you gaze long into an abyss, the abyss goes 8-8

Will Liverpool be signing more midfielders? They probably should.

vyelkin
Jan 2, 2011

Alfred P. Pseudonym posted:

Will Liverpool be signing more midfielders? They probably should.

Liverpool are trying to sign Romeo Lavia from Southampton

Shrapnig
Jan 21, 2005

vyelkin posted:

Liverpool are trying to sign Romeo Lavia from Southampton

Apparently so are Manchester United

tarbrush
Feb 7, 2011

ALL ABOARD THE SCOTLAND HYPE TRAIN!

CHOO CHOO
Liverpool have gone from having a quietly competent window to having a bit of a shocker. Their only current DM is Bajetic, who's 19, and the season starts in a couple of weeks.

hadji murad
Apr 18, 2006

Shrapnig posted:

Apparently so are Manchester United

And Chelsea.

Gorn Myson
Aug 8, 2007

I think most of us assume that Chelsea are after every player right now, so you didn't need to add that.

KYOON GRIFFEY JR
Apr 12, 2010

Runner-up, TRP Sack Race 2021/22

Weaponized Cum posted:

Nuclear Spoon
Aug 18, 2010

I want to cry out
but I don’t scream and I don’t shout
And I feel so proud
to be alive
we have signed messi 2 based on like three posts i've read about this guy who i learned about 10 minutes ago

https://twitter.com/FabrizioRomano/status/1687226278917660672

also

Weaponized Cum posted:

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

really hate them putting birth year instead of age, it's insanely hosed up to expect me to do arithmetic

tarbrush
Feb 7, 2011

CHOO CHOO

jesus WEP posted:

really hate them putting birth year instead of age, it's insanely hosed up to expect me to do arithmetic

Any reference to a post 2000 birthday is calculated violence against me personally

TheRat
Aug 30, 2006

My brain is still stuck in "late 1970s = young" from playing CM in the mid to late 90s

Dudley
Feb 24, 2003

Tasty

Nuclear Spoon posted:

we have signed messi 2 based on like three posts i've read about this guy who i learned about 10 minutes ago

https://twitter.com/FabrizioRomano/status/1687226278917660672

also

What do they mean "Another" top club?

FullLeatherJacket
Dec 30, 2004

Chiunque può essere Luther Blissett, semplicemente adottando il nome Luther Blissett

that's a computer-generated image of a regen if I've ever seen one

lomzus
Mar 18, 2009
https://twitter.com/plettigoal/status/1687447657529147392?s=46&t=3MN91oJhL7tCeLgkvFUZ_g

Thanks Ants
May 21, 2004

#essereFerrari

€100m lol

Loving Africa Chaps
Dec 3, 2007

We had not left it yet, but when I would wake in the night, I would lie, listening, homesick for it already.

Yeah... Imagine paying 100 million for someone in the last year of their contract...

ephex
Nov 4, 2007

PHWOAR CRIMINAL

Loving Africa Chaps posted:

Yeah... Imagine paying 100 million for someone in the last year of their contract...

The market is totally overheated at the moment, at least as far as strikers are concerned. Even a mid-range striker like Højlund is going for €74m.

harperdc
Jul 24, 2007

FullLeatherJacket posted:

that's a computer-generated image of a regen if I've ever seen one

new FIFA EA FC game looking good this year

*touches earpiece* hold on,

Weaponized Cum
Aug 31, 2004

This post brought to you by the finest Miami cocaine money can buy ----->

Loving Africa Chaps posted:

Didn't United just pay over 70m for Wish Haaland? Silly season is upon us!

Loving Africa Chaps
Dec 3, 2007

Weaponized Cum posted:

Didn't United just pay over 70m for Wish Haaland? Silly season is upon us!

They did, it was also a joke because rice was also about to be in the last year of his contract

notaspy
Mar 22, 2009

Rice I can understand as there seemed to be others ready and able but no-one was in for Kane after Utd pulled out.

tarbrush
Feb 7, 2011

CHOO CHOO

notaspy posted:

Rice I can understand as there seemed to be others ready and able but no-one was in for Kane after Utd pulled out.

I think Madrid are distracted by Mbappe, Kane ruled PSG out and Levy doesn't want to sell to a PL club. And I guess Juve are in legal and financial trouble again

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Vegetable
Oct 22, 2010

Spurs doesn’t need to sell Kane, Bayern really want him and Kane was reported as willing to sign a new contract if transfer talks fall through. I think €100m would be pretty reasonable.