Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: harrygomm, Astryl)

almost1337
Jun 14, 2013

The male likpatons turn around the nucleus formed of female boobons and neutral bolsterons

EC posted:

My wife found a hat that has an aspect that says +2 minions. Then she found some pants with the same aspect, but I warned her they probably wouldn't stack because you can't have two of the same aspect equipped at the same time. She tried it anyway (she loves minions) and it actually worked.

A dozen hours later she found an upgraded version of the same hat, but this time when she equipped it the aspect goes grey and it doesn't give her the extra minions.

So now she's wearing a super low level hat because it gives her extra minions.

Unrelated but I'm almost level 60 and still haven't seen the aspect that adds landslide to trample :(

One aspect gives +2 warriors and one aspect gives +2 mages

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

pork never goes bad
May 16, 2008

I agree with the basic sentiment that the loot system needs to be improved - either give ways to craft good gear, trade for good gear, or pick up good gear. The current situation where you pick up bad gear and manually look over every piece slot by slot for cdr (or whatever) before checking the other stats is pretty poo poo. But I disagree that aspects are bad. I think it's brilliant. Every gear piece has, basically, two things on it that matter. The aspect and roll on the one hand, and the explicit affixes on the other. A good enough piece of gear for the endgame has 1 or 2 priority affixes and a good aspect. Being able to separate those so you're not looking for both at the same time is really freeing. The problem, imo, is exclusively with the explicit affixes on the items.

strange feelings re Daisy
Aug 2, 2000

There is too much poo poo in the way environmentally. D2 and D3 were fine in that respect. D4 has climb points and a million rock islands and walls all over the loving place in the overworld. That's my minor gripe.

Jaytan
Dec 14, 2003

Childhood enlistment means fewer birthdays to remember

Tiny Timbs posted:

The “kiss curse” concept (as blizzard refers to it) is the worst

“Kiss curse” sounds like something what happens in the Cosby suite.

AlphaKeny1
Feb 17, 2006

pork never goes bad posted:

The current situation where you pick up bad gear and manually look over every piece slot by slot for cdr (or whatever) before checking the other stats is pretty poo poo.

This is the part that is extremely poo poo and actively makes the game bad. Spending so much time doing this slows down the game considerably when most of the gear you're just going to throw away anyways, and there's no salvage all button or auto pickup. There are so many things in d4 that gets in the way of the player who is just trying to play and continue grinding, but this is the worst one imo.

Shrimp or Shrimps
Feb 14, 2012

At level 78 rogue and the prospect of only having NMD's to make real headway at leveling is putting me off a little. I enjoyed the journey here, and helltides in whisper zones will still be pretty good, but it seems NMD's will be the only way to push forward. I don't have anywhere close to BIS slot gear, and am still using sacred rings that rolled vuln/crit/crit dam.

Maybe time to start a new char and level up a druid. I need to wait for the patch to redo my paragon on my rogue anyway.

Vic
Nov 26, 2009

malae fidei cum XI_XXVI_MMIX

AlphaKeny1 posted:

This is the part that is extremely poo poo and actively makes the game bad. Spending so much time doing this slows down the game considerably when most of the gear you're just going to throw away anyways, and there's no salvage all button or auto pickup. There are so many things in d4 that gets in the way of the player who is just trying to play and continue grinding, but this is the worst one imo.

It's like riding a horse on a sandpaper saddle with assless chaps.

Vic
Nov 26, 2009

And I'm playing it right now and it's great. I've cleaned the kitchen top to bottom, did laundry, worked out... it's keeping me from binging it in any shape or form.

Substandard
Oct 16, 2007

3rd street for life

pork never goes bad posted:

I agree with the basic sentiment that the loot system needs to be improved - either give ways to craft good gear, trade for good gear, or pick up good gear. The current situation where you pick up bad gear and manually look over every piece slot by slot for cdr (or whatever) before checking the other stats is pretty poo poo. But I disagree that aspects are bad. I think it's brilliant. Every gear piece has, basically, two things on it that matter. The aspect and roll on the one hand, and the explicit affixes on the other. A good enough piece of gear for the endgame has 1 or 2 priority affixes and a good aspect. Being able to separate those so you're not looking for both at the same time is really freeing. The problem, imo, is exclusively with the explicit affixes on the items.

My main problem with this, other than the looking through every piece of gear manually, is that it makes legendaries not at all exciting.

Legendary items you are looking for a good aspect, with a good roll, with a base item with good affixes and that almost never happens, so every time one drops the most exciting thing is you might have to spend a bunch of resources to put the aspect on an item to be found later.

This also exacerbates the inventory problems because now I'm hanging on to half a dozen items with the same aspect I need for my build that i may need to extract in the future, instead of just finding an upgraded legendary with better rolls and replacing my current gear or whatever.

crepeface
Nov 5, 2004

r*p*f*c*

Doomykins posted:

my double bloodsplosion sword rules

C tier this build IcyBitches

what kind of build did you make with this? i got a similar one around your level and i feel like it's pretty slow going

Vic
Nov 26, 2009

Substandard posted:

My main problem with this, other than the looking through every piece of gear manually, is that it makes legendaries not at all exciting.

Legendary items you are looking for a good aspect, with a good roll, with a base item with good affixes and that almost never happens, so every time one drops the most exciting thing is you might have to spend a bunch of resources to put the aspect on an item to be found later.

This also exacerbates the inventory problems because now I'm hanging on to half a dozen items with the same aspect I need for my build that i may need to extract in the future, instead of just finding an upgraded legendary with better rolls and replacing my current gear or whatever.

What's weird is that they had this solved: In D3 the extracted aspect was the best roll, not the worst, and it was the permanent kind. But extracting it was expensive and you had to run bounties in every region (favor equivalent) to gain the uniqe mats to do so.

They just fragmented this system, introducing more rng, which made it feel bad on top fiddly as you have to juggle the items nonstop.

Doomykins
Jun 28, 2008

Didn't you mean to ask about flowers?

crepeface posted:

what kind of build did you make with this? i got a similar one around your level and i feel like it's pretty slow going

It took awhile to take off but I'm a slow and steady arpg leveler. I shot ahead of the curve shortly into WT3 and full sacreds.

Started as Ground Stomp, Steel Grasp, Leap, Iron Maelstrom with Flay and Rend clickies. GS and Leap have on demand Fury, Grasp and Rend timing are perma vuln, you can weave Flay in for more blood damage or set it for DR and not worry about timing.

It involves left clicking when your "Fury now" buttons aren't up but Grasp is so generous about putting clumps in front of you for Rend. This is admittedly suboptimal but I don't mind builders at all. When you're used to Fury rhythm you can have Rend deal more damage to vuln targets, otherwise the crowd discount is noice.

Leap is 2H Blunt, Rend is 2H Slash, Flay is DW. You can Maelstrom on cooldown or "there's more than five enemies on the screen."

I'd have to get home to look up passives but Gushing Wounds for the key, +max life, 1 point in hemo and each thorns passive(everything that hits you bleeds and snares itself for conditionals), +max life every 100 fury spent, no berserk passives(they're good if you use more berserk sources, Grasp does it, if you use Charge/Leap with passives for 3 seconds of Berserk you've got great uptime), move speed, DR vs elites, anything that makes 2H slash crit more or bleeding enemies take more damage. With Mael 2nd Hit and Rend on 2H Slash you will always deliver a 2H Slash Bleed hit when it counts. I intend to juggle passives more and work +fury on weapon swap in. There's also +DR when Forted, 3/3 Gain Fort When Hit, and +Dam when Big Fort is good but at this point the Barb doesn't want for good skill passives and you'll have to accept not getting them all.

Vuln and Crit are good(surprise) and then any of +physical, +bleed, +2H Slash, +close, etc. I've been using very general paragon boarding. Normal starter and I took the time to grab all the non-stats blue nodes(I can respec later and Big Armor/Phys Dam), halfway into the Hemo board, stacking armor and phys/DoT damage when offered, nothing amazing on the glyph(+nodes and +8% 2 handers, I liked +polearms when I was holding one.)

I swapped Ground Stomp for Rupture, it involves greater awareness of fury rhythm and more left clicking but even a naked Rupture is good for the double aoe bursts, the +bleed pool, and the start of a light aoe bleed on everything hit. Both Rupture options are good, damage vs survival.

I was able to painstakingly push through most of Elias capstone at -15 before my latest day of gear and number improvements so expecting to Hotline Miami my way through the place closer to level 65. Crowds melt, elites can't survive two rounds of fury dump/1.5 rupture cycles, bosses get deleted but perhaps not as instantly as "good" builds? I'm biased here since I don't mind spending 1 minute plus fighting say a boss, just do more fury build and spend cycle, watch bar get more dark red, fun.

Aspects and Hearts.. dunno honestly. The +healing heart is surprisingly nice, I lucked into about 35% DR when injured to have time to heal more under 60% max health. There's +armor on hit and +DR on bleeding enemies aspects. There is a big DoT heart but I've only found one so I've saved it for ancestral.

Technique is 2H Sword if you aren't using one as your 2H Slash, dealers choice if you are.

Doomykins fucked around with this message at 13:05 on Aug 4, 2023

Marshal Plugnut
Aug 16, 2005

The code to the exit is 1125

I'm enjoying my trampleslide/storm druid, but still feeling squishy while approaching level 50. Tried the wt2 capstone at 48 and was getting battered around a bit.

What's best for survivability for a druid? I'm guessing respec with a focus on fortify passives, +fortify generation on items, and socket sapphires for +DR while fortified? Sacrifice some points from other skills and get earthen bulwark on my skill bar too maybe?

Sour Scurvy
Dec 7, 2006
Hey men, ID is Feanor#11133 AKA Mandos, my season one Necro!

DaveKap
Feb 5, 2006

Pickle: Inspected.

I like the way The Division 2 did ripping aspects: If you got a good roll, you destroyed the item by ripping that roll off of it and putting it into a codex. You could then add that roll whenever you wanted to whatever equipment it could fit on. It was a one-stop-shop for better enchanting *and* better aspecting. I honestly don't think I've ever seen a better system that was more fun to play for. You still cared about finding good rolls but you never had to FOMO-stash the items they came on.

In fact, I dare say it's the most realistic system. If you imagine that the reason any item has a +5 to anything or an aspect of doing a thing, it's because of how said thing was crafted or due to some bauble on the thing. If you deem the craftwork or the bauble important, of course you'd try to figure out - for your own survival - how to replicate it and apply it to anything that could fit an extra hammer blow here or a dangling bauble there.

DaveKap fucked around with this message at 12:32 on Aug 4, 2023

crepeface
Nov 5, 2004

r*p*f*c*

Doomykins posted:

It took awhile to take off but I'm a slow and steady arpg leveler. I shot ahead of the curve shortly into WT3 and full sacreds.

Started as Ground Stomp, Steel Grasp, Leap, Iron Maelstrom with Flay and Rend clickies. GS and Leap have on demand Fury, Grasp and Rend timing are perma vuln, you can weave Flay in for more blood damage or set it for DR and not worry about timing.

It involves left clicking when your "Fury now" buttons aren't up but Grasp is so generous about putting clumps in front of you for Rend. This is admittedly suboptimal but I don't mind builders are all. When you're used to Fury rhythm you can have Rend deal more damage to vuln targets, otherwise the crowd discount is noice.

Leap is 2H Blunt, Rend is 2H Slash, Flay is DW. You can Maelstrom on cooldown or "there's more than five enemies on the screen."

I'd have to get home to look up passives but Gushing Wounds for the key, +max life, 1 point in hemi and each thorns passive(everything that hits you bleeds and snares itself for conditionals), +max life every 100 fury spent, no berserk passives(they're good if you use more berseek sources, Grasp does it, if you use Charge/Leap with passives for 3 seconds of Berserk you've got great uptime), move speed, DR vs elites, anything that makes 2H slash crit more or bleeding enemies take more damage. With Mael 2nd Hit and Rend on 2H Slash you will always deliver a 2H Slash Bleed hit when it counts. I intend to juggle passives more and work +fury on weapon swap in. There's also +DR when Forted, 3/3 Gain Fort When Hit, and +Dam when Big Fort is good but at this point the Barb doesn't want for good skill passives and you'll have to accept not getting them all.

Vuln and Crit are good(surprise) and then any of +physical, +bleed, +2H Slash, +close, etc. I've been using very general paragon boarding. Normal starter and I took the time to grab all the non-stats blue nodes(I can respec later and Big Armor/Phys Dam), halfway into the Hemo board, stacking armor and phys/DoT damage when offered, nothing amazing on the glyph(+nodes and +8% 2 handers, I liked +polearms when I was holding one.)

I swapped Ground Stomp for Rupture, it involves greater awareness of fury rhythm and more left clicking but even a naked Rupture is good for the double aoe bursts, the +bleed pool, and the start of a light aoe bleed on everything hit. Both Rupture options are good, damage vs survival.

I was able to painstakingly push through most of Elias capstone at -15 before my latest day of gear and number improvements so expecting to Hotline Miami my way through the place closer to level 65. Crowds melt, elites can't survive two rounds of fury dump/1.5 rupture cycles, bosses get deleted but perhaps not as instantly as "good" builds? I'm biased here since I don't mind spending 1 minute plus fighting say a boss, just do more fury build and spend cycle, watch bar get more dark red, fun.

Aspects and Hearts.. dunno honestly. The +healing heart is surprisingly nice, I lucked into about 35% DR when injured to have time to heal more under 60% max health. There's +armor on hit and +DR on bleeding enemies aspects. There is a big DoT heart but I've only found one so I've saved it for ancestral.

Technique is 2H Sword if you aren't using one as your 2H Slash, dealers choice if you are.

kewl, thanks for that. i kept a lot of shout abilities but i find them very boring and tiresome. also, coming from a rogue, the mobility sux real bad. i think i'll try more active skills instead of the thorns-hybrid build i've got ATM

Doomykins
Jun 28, 2008

Didn't you mean to ask about flowers?
Glad to share. I've stuck by Leap because it feels good and is multifaceted and I don't consider boots that don't add dodge charges.

coelomate
Oct 21, 2020

edit: no, I just can't read, reading is hard

op: Do you get more ashes than you can allocate? Eyeballing the battlepass, I have 5 empty slots for ashes, but will get 6 more ashes between lvl 90 and 100 ??

coelomate fucked around with this message at 13:38 on Aug 4, 2023

harrygomm
Oct 19, 2004

can u run n jump?
i thought i counted an exact match last i looked

hawowanlawow
Jul 27, 2009

they should just copy the grim dawn loot filter

EC
Jul 10, 2001

The Legend

DaveKap posted:

I like the way The Division 2 did ripping aspects: If you got a good roll, you destroyed the item by ripping that roll off of it and putting it into a codex. You could then add that roll whenever you wanted to whatever equipment it could fit on. It was a one-stop-shop for better enchanting *and* better aspecting. I honestly don't think I've ever seen a better system that was more fun to play for. You still cared about finding good rolls but you never had to FOMO-stash the items they came on.

Yeah this would be great, and would solve the stash problem of "keep a bunch of leggies with an aspect I might need in case I decide to mix up my build later." It would also make finding new aspects fun in new seasons.

We've been doing side quests to fill out renown and get paragon points, and christ some of them take forever. I don't understand why I can skip dialogue in some of them but not all. I don't understand why this guy drug me to three different basements to look for stuff before dragging me back to where we started so I can fight seven guys and a box of mats. It really sucks they locked off so many paragon points behind the dullest content in the game. Even when the writing is ok they are still just dull dull dull and the opposite of what I want to be doing: killing monsters.

I hope they consider not making folks unlock all the tiers for future tiers. Just hate each tier behind leveling and it would be fine. Hitting 50 and getting 16 paragon points because I did all the drudge work earlier would feel pretty great.

coelomate
Oct 21, 2020

harrygomm posted:

i thought i counted an exact match last i looked

hahaha I am just illiterate, disregard me, please and thank you

The Little Kielbasa
Mar 29, 2001

and another thing: im not mad. please dont put in the newspaper that i got mad.

hawowanlawow posted:

they should just copy the grim dawn loot filter

This would be great but Last Epoch's is even better.

coelomate
Oct 21, 2020

Grind (closer to) 100 this weekend, or start an alt and wait for nmd density buffs next week when it’ll hopefully be a bit faster?

Snorri
Apr 23, 2002

Marshal Plugnut posted:

I'm enjoying my trampleslide/storm druid, but still feeling squishy while approaching level 50. Tried the wt2 capstone at 48 and was getting battered around a bit.

What's best for survivability for a druid? I'm guessing respec with a focus on fortify passives, +fortify generation on items, and socket sapphires for +DR while fortified? Sacrifice some points from other skills and get earthen bulwark on my skill bar too maybe?

I had/have the same problem. My damage output feels great with Crone + Barber, but my equipment is VERY short on DR, life, and extra AC (though AC is my best DR). Here is what I know I *should* do on my lvl75 Druid to improve survivability:

-Aspect of Mending Stone to extend Earthen Bulwark by 6 seconds (should make near 100% uptime).
-Aspect of Might for 20% DR after using a basic skill for up to 6 seconds.
-Caged Heart of Revenge for 10-20% damage suppression (bonus explosion on Earthen Bulwark).

Hopefully these suggestions weren't too obvious.

Mailer
Nov 4, 2009

Have you accepted The Void as your lord and savior?
Despite windows update feeling fit to brick my mobo last night, I've recovered and advanced to starting position in the season.

Got two (non-perfect) barbers so far. Eventually I'll probably hit WT4 and hopefully get the druid class-specific before the nerf hits.

Jezza of OZPOS
Mar 21, 2018

GET LOSE❌🗺️, YOUS CAN'T COMPARE😤 WITH ME 💪POWERS🇦🇺
genuinely thinking of taking my rogue to 60 tofarm barbers via the exploit bc im not having any luck

Tarnop
Nov 25, 2013

Pull me out

I levelled a sorc for it and now I also have a level 60 sorc to test out the class buffs in the patch

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

Hell I was planning on giving sorc a go after the patch but leveling one this seeking to grab some barbers sounds like a plan too.

Substandard
Oct 16, 2007

3rd street for life
I was not feeling the druid that much and started leveling a rogue and the farm thing is a real nice bonus. I pulled 2 midling rolls so far but I think I might just try to farm up some more before the 8th just for future proofing.

hawowanlawow
Jul 27, 2009

I am going back to my dual monitor setup and like 70% of the reason is to find all the stupid shrines and event locations during helltide

coelomate
Oct 21, 2020

Substandard posted:

I was not feeling the druid that much and started leveling a rogue and the farm thing is a real nice bonus. I pulled 2 midling rolls so far but I think I might just try to farm up some more before the 8th just for future proofing.

good idea do it

Retrowave Joe
Jul 20, 2001

I get that there are ranges for the affix rolls, but it seems like poor item design to me that I can pick up a sacred unique that's 2 levels higher than my sacred lego and the unique has worse stats across the board. Just a trash rear end system. Still loving the game tho, despite that.

VOTE1
Aug 23, 2007

I just managed to beat Elias at level 60 with a bone spear necro. Stacked a couple of barrier aspects and a armour potion and managed to kite for half his health then face tank with shields for the last half. Still died after I got the killing blow, but apparently that still counts as a win. So much more powerful than the sorc I played pre season.

Now to scrounge off some legion events till I can get an ancestial weapon.

coelomate
Oct 21, 2020

thread slow but game good. hmm.

GlassEye-Boy
Jul 12, 2001
Trying to figure out how to do S1, is it something where you want to just stick with one character and go as far as possible or is it viable to try multiple characters?

Also any recommendations for a necro build? With S1 and some of the recent batches whats the current meta?

Substandard
Oct 16, 2007

3rd street for life

GlassEye-Boy posted:

Trying to figure out how to do S1, is it something where you want to just stick with one character and go as far as possible or is it viable to try multiple characters?

Also any recommendations for a necro build? With S1 and some of the recent batches whats the current meta?

I have like 3 characters that are 60-70 because I can't follow my own advice, but you probably want to focus on 1 character. While you can unlock the battle pass stuff by swapping around the ashes require you to get to level 100 to unlock all the boosts and some of the late season journey achievements can't be done until you are pretty high level.

hawowanlawow
Jul 27, 2009

coelomate posted:

thread slow but game good. hmm.

the people who complained about the complainers on reddit stopped playing and therefore stopped posting

GlassEye-Boy
Jul 12, 2001

Substandard posted:

I have like 3 characters that are 60-70 because I can't follow my own advice, but you probably want to focus on 1 character. While you can unlock the battle pass stuff by swapping around the ashes require you to get to level 100 to unlock all the boosts and some of the late season journey achievements can't be done until you are pretty high level.

that's what I figured, have a rogue in the 60's now, but really tempted to try a necro and take advantage of the hearts.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Quote-Unquote
Oct 22, 2002

I refuse to be perma-bear because that removes the ability to play pretty princess dress up. Even though it might make me more powerful. This is the hill I die on.