Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: weg, Toxic Mental)

mikerock
Oct 29, 2005

Me too please!

Blyat, stupid snipe

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

El Jebus
Jun 18, 2008

This avatar is paid for by "Avatars for improving Lowtax's spine by any means that doesn't result in him becoming brain dead by putting his brain into a cyborg body and/or putting him in a exosuit due to fears of the suit being hacked and crushing him during a cyberpunk future timeline" Foundation
I get back from vacation and I missed all of Hilary chat and the great av replacement. drat. Maybe next time.

Blistex
Oct 30, 2003

Macho Business
Donkey Wrestler
Round two is "Hunter Shock".

(Hunter Biden in BioShock gear)

HonorableTB
Dec 22, 2006

mikerock posted:

Me too please!

Blyat, stupid snipe

Sent

Sally Sprodgkin
May 23, 2007

Blistex posted:

Round two is "Hunter Shock".

(Hunter Biden in BioShock gear)

:trumppop:

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

A man becomes preeminent, he's expected to have enthusiasms.

Enthusiasms, enthusiasms...

DiomedesGodshill posted:

For some reason I geolocated that building. It's Borisov Arena in Barysaw, Belarus. Kids Club is an arcade!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GmpVDeFq1Aw

OzyMandrill
Aug 12, 2013

Look upon my words
and despair

Reports that naval drones attacked ships just down the coast in Russia. All drones were intercepted, and one large ship is doing that trick where they tilt sideways to help with cleaning the deck. That's all. It's going to be a very clean deck, just might need some seawater to help rinse it.

Samovar
Jun 4, 2011

When I want to relax, I read an essay by Engels. When I want something more serious, I read Corto Maltese.

DiomedesGodshill posted:

What the actual gently caress? Who thinks this stuff up and why do they actually go through with it?

It's like someone read Clown Corps and thought it was a real thing.

Dwesa
Jul 19, 2016

Maybe I'll go where I can see stars

OzyMandrill posted:

Reports that naval drones attacked ships just down the coast in Russia. All drones were intercepted, and one large ship is doing that trick where they tilt sideways to help with cleaning the deck. That's all. It's going to be a very clean deck, just might need some seawater to help rinse it.

the ship is just a little sleepy, that's all

footage from the naval drone as it approaches the ship, seconds before it is successfully repelled by Russians just out of frame

Dwesa fucked around with this message at 08:51 on Aug 4, 2023

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

it's actually Moscow Drifting

Runa
Feb 13, 2011

single-keel drifting...!

Shogeton
Apr 26, 2007

"Little by little the old world crumbled, and not once did the king imagine that some of the pieces might fall on him"

Alan Smithee posted:

it's actually Moscow Drifting

Moskva drifting.

tiaz
Jul 1, 2004

PICK UP THAT PRESENT.

Zelensky's Zealots

Dwesa posted:

footage from the naval drone as it approaches the ship, seconds before it is successfully repelled by Russians just out of frame

foolish americans only use solvents to debride and clean their vessels. we cannily use solvent and solute freely available in the ocean, attacking dirt and foreign bodies from all directions. :agesilaus:

frumpykvetchbot
Feb 20, 2004

PROGRESSIVE SCAN
Upset Trowel

Dwesa posted:

I just hope the ship's cat is okay.

mobby_6kl
Aug 9, 2009

by Fluffdaddy

frumpykvetchbot posted:

I just hope the ship's cat is okay.

Of course, the cat finally gets access to all the fish it always wanted

Strategic Tea
Sep 1, 2012

S H I P D E A T H

bratwurst massage
Jan 27, 2018

Dwesa posted:

Hull of ship blocks attack perfectly. That is what is meant to do

Mr Lanternfly
Jun 26, 2023
American ships rely on damage control parties and expensive firefighting technology. Russians simply use tons of seawater. :smug:

bad_fmr
Nov 28, 2007

Please stop the floodlusting.

Dwesa
Jul 19, 2016

Maybe I'll go where I can see stars
some Home Alone stuff

mobby_6kl
Aug 9, 2009

by Fluffdaddy
BTW is that the Ropucha that managed to escape the Tochka strike on a port early on in the war when another ship got obliterated?

Unfortunately it seems like it's already pretty close to port/shore but maybe it'll get promoted to sub anyway....

steinrokkan
Apr 2, 2011

Soiled Meat

mobby_6kl posted:

BTW is that the Ropucha that managed to escape the Tochka strike on a port early on in the war when another ship got obliterated?

Unfortunately it seems like it's already pretty close to port/shore but maybe it'll get promoted to sub anyway....

Being docked hasn't stopped Kuznetsov from being permanently on the verge of capsizing / burning down.

Jasper Tin Neck
Nov 14, 2008

"Scientifically proven, rich and creamy."

mobby_6kl posted:

I don't think so, those were Caesar Kunikov and Novocherkassk, while the struck vessel has been initially identified as Olenegorskiy Gornyak.

mobby_6kl
Aug 9, 2009

by Fluffdaddy

Jasper Tin Neck posted:

I don't think so, those were Caesar Kunikov and Novocherkassk, while the struck vessel has been initially identified as Olenegorskiy Gornyak.

Ahh thanks, haven't seen the name anywhere yet. Have seen this though:

https://i.imgur.com/x4CWnyo.mp4

https://i.imgur.com/mh5O3ym.mp4

Just Another Lurker
May 1, 2009

Vodka powered engines alter local gravity... more news at 11!!! :catstare:

Fumble
Sep 4, 2006
Probation
Can't post for 11 days!

Mr Lanternfly posted:

American ships rely on damage control parties and expensive firefighting technology.
Do they though?
https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/USS_Bonhomme_Richard_(LHD-6)

CommieGIR
Aug 22, 2006

The blue glow is a feature, not a bug

Pillbug

A rare exception since it was in drydock and not supposed to be on fire. But American Damage Control has been key and was a significant factor in survival of American combat ships during World War 2

Geisladisk
Sep 15, 2007

CommieGIR posted:

not supposed to be on fire

When is a ship supposed to be on fire?

Deus Ex Macklemore
Jul 2, 2004

Zelensky's Zealots

Cool now do the USS Cole

Edit: or the Stark, where purposely flooding one side of the ship actually helped to keep the hole in the hole above the water line on the other side of the ship.

There are going to be other examples of ships lost, but I'm confident that the US Navy's damage control training and material is far above and beyond Russia's.

Deus Ex Macklemore fucked around with this message at 12:00 on Aug 4, 2023

CommieGIR
Aug 22, 2006

Pillbug

Geisladisk posted:

When is a ship supposed to be on fire?

In combat, you kind assume fires are gonna happen.

In drydock undergoing a refit, less so :)

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

boats go against God's will every moment they are above the seafloor

Deus Ex Macklemore
Jul 2, 2004

Zelensky's Zealots

Alan Smithee posted:

boats go against God's will every moment they are above the seafloor

Subs are Satan's favorite.

I served with a guy on my first boat that would loudly proclaim "God doesn't have the balls to sink this pig" every time we dove.

And he was right apparently.

rowkey bilbao
Jul 24, 2023

bratwurst massage posted:

Hull of ship blocks attack perfectly. That is what is meant to do

On the footage it looks like the drone goes real slow too, unlike other similar videos we've seen.

Burns
May 10, 2008

In qny event that ship looks like it will need some dry dock time.

free hubcaps
Oct 12, 2009

Gornyak with the Wind

mobby_6kl
Aug 9, 2009

by Fluffdaddy

rowkey bilbao posted:

On the footage it looks like the drone goes real slow too, unlike other similar videos we've seen.

It seems like they have no idea the drone is there, usually they try to hit it with deck guns when they get close

zone
Dec 6, 2016

mobby_6kl posted:

Ahh thanks, haven't seen the name anywhere yet. Have seen this though:

https://i.imgur.com/x4CWnyo.mp4

https://i.imgur.com/mh5O3ym.mp4

L bozo

CommieGIR
Aug 22, 2006

Pillbug

mobby_6kl posted:

It seems like they have no idea the drone is there, usually they try to hit it with deck guns when they get close

Looks like they had lights on too, but it's important to note if they only noticed it when it got close, the deck guns won't depress enough to hit it.

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

OzyMandrill posted:

So what's the deal with Russia's newest soon-to-be submarine? Is it one of their more important ships, or just "a" naval ship?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CommieGIR
Aug 22, 2006

Pillbug

Neddy Seagoon posted:

So what's the deal with Russia's newest soon-to-be submarine? Is it one of their more important ships, or just "a" naval ship?

Its a significant ship if they plan to do any amphibious assaults.