Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Microplastics
Jul 6, 2007

:discourse:
It's what's for dinner.
If you have savings you probably ought to put them into your mortgage before rates go up

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dabir
Nov 10, 2012

Josef bugman posted:

If it's poo poo, yeah. People have rioted for less.

[antoinette]Let them eat gluten free[/antoinette]

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

Corgis love bread. And Puro

Julio Cruz posted:

love to see some boomer on BBC news claim that "there's more people with savings than there are people with mortgages" with no pushback whatsoever

What is this savings you speak of?

andyf
May 18, 2008

happy car is happy

What the christ happened in the last few pages

Diet Crack
Jan 15, 2001

British Multiculturalism

crispix
Mar 28, 2015

Grand-Maman m'a raconté
(Les éditions des amitiés franco-québécoises)

Hello, dear
i'm labour but i reckon if them ones don't send their wains to state school and pay income tax they ought for to have the wains confiscated and be sent to prison or maybe carrot camps and further more germany corbines

crispix
Mar 28, 2015

Grand-Maman m'a raconté
(Les éditions des amitiés franco-québécoises)

Hello, dear
what about they jehovah's witnesses no wanting their wains tranplanted with organs they need, maybe they need a bit of assimilliating!!!!

Namtab
Feb 22, 2010

andyf posted:

What the christ happened in the last few pages

i think that the policy of people saying "gently caress off oval office" + other weak dunks and endlessly replying to people being bigots has proved about as effective as the pissflap days.

WhatEvil
Jun 6, 2004

Can't get no luck.

I've missed like 99% of what's happened but it appears that the UKMT continues to be the most easily trolled thread on the forums.

Jaeluni Asjil
Apr 18, 2018

Sorry I thought you were a landlord when I gave you your old avatar!

sebzilla posted:

This thread is getting a bit much, can we all be outraged about this instead for a bit?

https://twitter.com/YouGov/status/1686760950039183362?s=20

A quarter of respondents don't think people on benefits should be able to afford gas, electricity, water, or a balanced diet.

Which makes me think they possibly did not understand what they were being asked.
I don't really believe that 25% of people think that way.

Bit like if you go on the reviews on trustpilot or amazon and people give 1* along with a comment such as 'fantastic product, does exactly what I want, came 10 mins after ordering & the delivery guy was super polite & helped my old granny put her shopping away'.

Dabir
Nov 10, 2012

Iirc people have calculated that about six percent of people give the closest thing they can find to a joke answer no matter how serious the question is

Small Strange Bird
Sep 22, 2006

Merci, chaton!

The Daily Mail's front page posted:

As eco-protesters occupy the roof of the PM's family home, what a humiliating symbol of our supine tolerance of a tiny, self-obsessed bunch of zealots who disrupt everyday life with impunity.
Yes, we have all had enough of the Tories.

kingturnip
Apr 18, 2008

WhatEvil posted:

I've missed like 99% of what's happened but it appears that the UKMT continues to be the most easily trolled thread on the forums.

The poster who got permabanned was the one who showed up on Wednesday making drunk-suicidal noises so I don't blame anyone for trying to engage with them.
God knows there are enough people in the world with lovely opinions about GRT that two three of them randomly flailing into this thread over the same couple of days is hardly surprising.

The Question IRL
Jun 8, 2013

Only two contestants left! Here is Doom's chance for revenge...

Nuclear Spoon posted:

i picked up a gluten free sourdough loaf from M&S yesterday because it was reduced. dogshit. truly don't know why they bother

Try their gluten free tiger loaf next time.

Also when it comes to GF bread, always temper your expectations. Pretty much the best you can hope for is "this isn't bad." and not "this is exactly like gluten bread!"

Microplastics
Jul 6, 2007

:discourse:
It's what's for dinner.
girlfriend bread

smellmycheese
Feb 1, 2016

https://twitter.com/churnwell/status/1687001332543012864?s=46&t=m_nNbkNoHG4lLitcpyHReg

kingturnip
Apr 18, 2008
That's a good gag, but sadly I can't imagine a world where Keith allows the views of lowborn, degenerate scum like 'members of the public' to actually impact his own life

PowerBeard
Sep 4, 2011

big scary monsters posted:

I reckon if the thread clubbed together we could buy it and all live there together.

:gooncamp: to save money!

Necrothatcher
Mar 26, 2005

WhatEvil posted:

Rather be "easily trolled" than just ignoring that poo poo tbh.

smellmycheese
Feb 1, 2016

Miftan
Mar 31, 2012

Terry knows what he can do with his bloody chocolate orange...

Necrothatcher posted:

Rather be "easily trolled" than just ignoring that poo poo tbh.

Tesseraction
Apr 5, 2009

Feel it's hard to be trolled when that poster was literally the average voter. From "I'm a social democrat" to the Downfall meme scene in 2 pages the moment you suggest that cultural genocide has a negative connotation.

Stormgale
Feb 27, 2010

I mean if someones spreading poo poo in the thread it's not like ignoring them makes any less of the thread poo poo?

Failed Imagineer
Sep 22, 2018
Yeah it was pretty much the epitome of that stickman cartoon about trolling (that I won't post because of the ableist language but iykyk).

The only obvious solution is to have an invested IK for the thread (i.e. Guav). Or y'know, just learn to embrace the trolling as a reminder of how many loving idiots are out there. A privileged position to take I know, and it's not like we need the reminder

Tijuana Bibliophile
Dec 30, 2008

Scratchmo
I will say that I'm a raging unrepentant bigot toward billionaires and all of your woke tolerance will nudge me not one mil (as in thousandth of a non-metric inch)

Tijuana Bibliophile
Dec 30, 2008

Scratchmo
One rough derail isn't more than this thread should be able to handle imo

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

I don't really know that it's trolling when it's an extremely mainstream position, however hosed up it is. There's plenty of people walking around who just think that.

Dead Goon
Dec 13, 2002

No Obvious Flaws

Kieth is actually Paul Weller?

feedmegin
Jul 30, 2008

Failed Imagineer posted:

The only obvious solution is to have an invested IK for the thread (i.e. Guav). Or y'know, just learn to embrace the trolling as a reminder of how many loving idiots are out there. A privileged position to take I know, and it's not like we need the reminder

If I were a Traveller posting in this thread I don't think I'd be happy to see that stuff being spouted with nobody responding. And I'll note one of them was edging towards anti-trans stuff too.

DreddyMatt
Nov 25, 2002
MY LACK OF KNOWLEDGE OF CURRENT EVENTS IS EXCEEDED ONLY BY MY UNQUENCHABLE THIRST FOR PISS. FUK U AMERIKKKA!!

Tijuana Bibliophile posted:

I will say that I'm a raging unrepentant bigot toward billionaires and all of your woke tolerance will nudge me not one mil (as in thousandth of a non-metric inch)

Another group of people that don't fit into society, and also avoid taxes. Though in the case of landed gentry and nobility they will have been doing this for generations, so it's a heritage and can't be changed

Tijuana Bibliophile
Dec 30, 2008

Scratchmo
I thought these dudes got perma'd already

feedmegin
Jul 30, 2008

Tijuana Bibliophile posted:

I thought these dudes got perma'd already

One dude. For being a re-reg.

Tesseraction
Apr 5, 2009

The most heinous of crimes.

Failed Imagineer
Sep 22, 2018

feedmegin posted:

If I were a Traveller posting in this thread I don't think I'd be happy to see that stuff being spouted with nobody responding. And I'll note one of them was edging towards anti-trans stuff too.

Sorry I didn't mean "embrace the trolling" as in "don't respond". Just be a happy warrior, call people cunts and take the piss out of them and try not to let it break your stride

Tesseraction
Apr 5, 2009

Trolls who come into this thread always end up like this

josh04
Oct 19, 2008

"THE FLASH IS THE REASON
TO RACE TO THE THEATRES"

This title contains sponsored content.

crispix posted:

what's weird is my mum told me that cat story but she'd been told it was a boy at a specific school in belfast

for whatever reason, there's nothing people love more than embellishing fw: fw: fw: stories with their own personal details

Sanford
Jun 30, 2007

...and rarely post!

josh04 posted:

for whatever reason, there's nothing people love more than embellishing fw: fw: fw: stories with their own personal details

In my own personal journey through “wait, why on earth do I feel this way?” about travellers I got half a dozen stories that had 100% happened to local people and I found every single one of them online as either anonymous urban legends or things that had “definitely happened” to other people in other places.

I’ve since encountered the “well my personal experiences have all been terrible” out in the wild three times, and one of those people did indeed have two personal negative experiences with travellers. The other two didn’t have any - one woman told me she’d never actually met a traveller not two minutes after saying all her personal experiences with them had been terrible!

Angepain
Jul 13, 2012

what keeps happening to my clothes
My personal experience with people named Greg has been terrible. start rounding them up

Jaeluni Asjil
Apr 18, 2018

Sorry I thought you were a landlord when I gave you your old avatar!

Angepain posted:

My personal experience with people named Greg has been terrible. start rounding them up

I've never got on with Kates to the extent that I am now automatically prejudiced against people called Kate. (With apologies for any posters ITT called Kate).

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Failed Imagineer
Sep 22, 2018
Not to go back down the turdhole, but I actually have had a bunch of negative experiences with members of the Travelling community over the years, them trying to fight me, various threats, many many occasions of them robbing from my old man's newsagent where I worked as a teen.

But, I also had a bunch of normal encounters. And - presumably - exponentially more encounters that I didn't know I was having because I didn't know they were Travellers . Sure the accent is strong but sometimes they'll just sound like settled folk from deep rural areas.

All to say, it's understandable to have trepidatious feelings if the laneway behind your house gets turned into a halting site, but maybe just chill the gently caress out and take people as they come.