Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Favourite Kirby Super Star power?
This poll is closed.
Beam 3 1.79%
Bomb 3 1.79%
Cook 1 0.60%
Copy 3 1.79%
Crash 1 0.60%
Cutter 5 2.98%
Fighter 5 2.98%
Fire 3 1.79%
Hammer 13 7.74%
Ice 3 1.79%
Jet 3 1.79%
Mike (sic) 14 8.33%
Mirror 11 6.55%
Ninja 5 2.98%
Paint 0 0%
Parasol 2 1.19%
Plasma 4 2.38%
Sleep 9 5.36%
Starship 5 2.98%
Stone 6 3.57%
Suplex 22 13.10%
Sword 20 11.90%
Wheel 6 3.57%
Wing 6 3.57%
Yo-Yo 15 8.93%
Total: 168 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007

Hwurmp posted:

Maraquan x

I will gladly pay 5 unusable keyquest tokens to name change my pet to this

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Runa
Feb 13, 2011

My Fragged Empire 2E books came in the mail a couple of days ago, the only ttrpg I know that hits that XCOM tactical vibe just right

Runa
Feb 13, 2011

BG3 is almost certainly a great game that will earn its good reputation, Larian know what they're doing. I've only heard good things about it thus far and am not really inclined to disbelieve them.

I just don't really like D&D.

Ramie
Mar 2, 2021

happy BG3 to everyone that celebrates it but

https://twitter.com/headfallsoff/status/1687240460262060033

it's just really fun to be a hater. more fun than D&D perhaps

Morpheus
Apr 18, 2008

My favourite little monsters
Should've called it Baldest Gate imo

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

https://twitter.com/SnapsCube/status/1687316004303417344?t=WU8rrvKpHBXDXBm5RNtHxw&s=19

Your Uncle Dracula
Apr 16, 2023
Thinking of getting Cassette Beasts. Switch or PC?

MechanicalTomPetty
Oct 30, 2011

Runnin' down a dream
That never would come to me
TotK: Secret Stones is such a weird term. It feels like they really want to say Spiritual Stones instead but I guess they thought that would make the Ocarina references too overt?

Anyways I just finished the last of the geoglyphs and this version of Zelda is loving hardcore, holy poo poo. :stare:

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

I think there's something underneath there!

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Baldur's Gate 3 release date is so welcome and needed. This will help me get through August and get to what I really want; Starfield.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

lmaooooooo this isn't how I opened up that hole, but its hilarious that this is a possible solution.

Dabir
Nov 10, 2012

Yoooooooo Battle Network 6 is being played at EVO?

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007
Yes this pleases the EXE

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

organize digital employees

I said come in! posted:

Baldur's Gate 3 release date is so welcome and needed. This will help me get through August and get to what I really want; Starfield.

If Starfield won't run on my PC, i may have to make some tough choices

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

emSparkly
Nov 21, 2022

I'm open to interpretation!
I don't even know why they released BG3 in early access at all. The game was barely functional when they first rolled it out and so I bought it but then waited til today to actually play it. It's pretty cool. I kinda have to be in a certain mood to play a CRPG and I am currently in that mood.

bone emulator
Nov 3, 2005

Wrrroavr

I'll be honest, I did not expect to choose my characters genitals and wether or not they're circumsiced, in BG3.

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

just standard d&d 5e stuff

Runa
Feb 13, 2011

in 4e they were per-encounter

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

When will someone finally adapt FATAL for PC

Runa
Feb 13, 2011

(sweeps terrible steam game thread under the rug)

Runa
Feb 13, 2011

also, because I forgot,

lmao

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

Infinitum posted:

When will someone finally adapt FATAL for PC
will you settle for a riven: the sequel to myst RP

fridge corn
Apr 2, 2003

NO MERCY, ONLY PAIN :black101:
It's Friday morning. I'm at work. Can't wait to get home and play video games all weekend :D

malnourish
Jun 16, 2023

homeless snail posted:

i run a 5e game for my niece and nephew. its Fine, we have fun and, they know the rules well enough + 5e is by far the easiest rpg to play online right now because the tools are so good, so it goes pretty smoothly. but a couple sessions ago after, a kind of boring battle, shes like "does d&d actually suck". I couldn't lie...

Pf2e has much better tooling than 5e does, in my experience playing in and GMing both

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

paizo doesnt have anything like d&d beyond yet, I think they're working on it but theyre far far behind in just having online character sheets that you can share with people and roll on. if youre just using foundry or whatever, the third party pf2e plugins tend to be a bit better than the 5e ones, but foundry is disgustingly bad so i dont care

Hogama
Sep 3, 2011

emSparkly posted:

I don't even know why they released BG3 in early access at all. The game was barely functional when they first rolled it out and so I bought it but then waited til today to actually play it.
A lot of Larian’s output prior to BG3 has essentially been “early access”, to where it gets released, and a bunch of player testing -> patching ended up in eventual “Director’s Cut” releases to supplant the originals. It seems this time they just went in on the actual EA status to get a bunch of feedback before the first proper release.

Divinity II came out in 2009, and its expansion in 2010. Then an updated collection of the two was released in 2011, followed finally by Divinity II: Developer’s Cut in 2012 which is the only version you can buy on Steam anymore.

Divinity: Dragon Commander came out in 2013 and is kind of the exception here but also sort of because resources were moved from it over to expand Original Sin 1.

Divinity: Original Sin 1 came out in 2014, then Enhanced Edition came out in 2015.
Divinity: Original Sin 2 came out in 2017, then Definitive Edition came out in 2018.

fridge corn
Apr 2, 2003

NO MERCY, ONLY PAIN :black101:
Might end up waiting for the BG3 definitive edition at this point

Srice
Sep 11, 2011

Hogama posted:

A lot of Larian’s output prior to BG3 has essentially been “early access”, to where it gets released, and a bunch of player testing -> patching ended up in eventual “Director’s Cut” releases to supplant the originals. It seems this time they just went in on the actual EA status to get a bunch of feedback before the first proper release.

Divinity II came out in 2009, and its expansion in 2010. Then an updated collection of the two was released in 2011, followed finally by Divinity II: Developer’s Cut in 2012 which is the only version you can buy on Steam anymore.

Divinity: Dragon Commander came out in 2013 and is kind of the exception here but also sort of because resources were moved from it over to expand Original Sin 1.

Divinity: Original Sin 1 came out in 2014, then Enhanced Edition came out in 2015.
Divinity: Original Sin 2 came out in 2017, then Definitive Edition came out in 2018.

Heck, Original Sin 2 did get an actual early access release similar to BG3. Honestly it feels like a winning move since all that player testing covers ground far faster than the devs could.

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

bone emulator posted:

I'll be honest, I did not expect to choose my characters genitals and wether or not they're circumsiced, in BG3.

It feels very un-d&d to me, very un-larian too. I’m actually quite weirded out by it

Saint Freak
Apr 16, 2007

Regretting is an insult to oneself
Buglord
I didn't get into the Payday beta

But my wife did

What is this injustice

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

https://twitter.com/Pokemon/status/1687449174021660672?t=3_WotzddgKwAKJrUpA8CfQ&s=19

Gen 10 coming

Evil Kit
May 29, 2013

I'm viable ladies.

Wake me up when Monster Hunter gen 6 drops

Larryb
Oct 5, 2010

More likely it’ll be about the Gen 9 DLC but maybe we’ll get a new game announcement as well

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

At the rate TPC is making Game Freak pump these out, it'll be like that one E3 where they announced 3 Final Fantasies and we're getting up to Gen 12 by next summer

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Carly shook her glass, willing the ice to melt. "You still haven't told me what the mission is."

She leaned forward. "We are going to assassinate the bad men of Hollywood."

emSparkly posted:

I don't even know why they released BG3 in early access at all. The game was barely functional when they first rolled it out and so I bought it but then waited til today to actually play it. It's pretty cool. I kinda have to be in a certain mood to play a CRPG and I am currently in that mood.

Because Larian actually uses Early Access as intended, to design and overhaul large portions of the game with continual user feedback as it's being developed.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

Then why do I have to pay them to do that

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Carly shook her glass, willing the ice to melt. "You still haven't told me what the mission is."

She leaned forward. "We are going to assassinate the bad men of Hollywood."

Nobody is making you, in fact Larian says "don't buy this if you want a complete experience" on the store page.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

Yeah, but if I'm doing quality assurance on their game, that's a thing they need to pay me for.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Volte
Oct 4, 2004

woosh woosh

Waffleman_ posted:

Yeah, but if I'm doing quality assurance on their game, that's a thing they need to pay me for.
That's good then because downloading a game and playing it at your leisure for the purposes of having fun with it is not "doing quality assurance"