Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: skooma512)

AWWNAW
Dec 30, 2008

NeonPunk posted:

That's good right? Or is that bad?

good for workers = bad for business hth

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zodium
Jun 19, 2004

it's normal

mawarannahr
May 21, 2019

Xaris posted:

this is a good reminder that it's not just america that is evil and the worst country, canada is also right there and maybe even worse

Canada bad

Frosted Flake
Sep 13, 2011

Semper Shitpost Ubique

Xaris posted:

this is a good reminder that it's not just america that is evil and the worst country, canada is also right there and maybe even worse

Canada is the three nations of people loyal to the Crown: Loyalists, French and Indians.

That we have failed to live up to the promise of our country does not mean we are not a country.

mawarannahr
May 21, 2019

Frosted Flake posted:

Canada is the three nations of people loyal to the Crown: Loyalists, French and Indians.

That we have failed to live up to the promise of our country does not mean we are not a country.

you're a gas station op

WrasslorMonkey
Mar 5, 2012

NeonPunk posted:

Yeah

Frosted Flake
Sep 13, 2011

Semper Shitpost Ubique

mawarannahr posted:

you're a gas station op

Yes, but we're the King's gas station.

blatman
May 10, 2009

14 inc dont mez

Frosted Flake posted:

Yes, but we're the King's gas station.

i didnt know biden became a king

Pittsburgh Fentanyl Cloud
Apr 7, 2003

mawarannahr posted:

you're a gas station op

When he’s right he’s right

Apr 7, 2003

Check it out: Canaduh

Frosted Flake
Sep 13, 2011

Semper Shitpost Ubique

Americans have denied French and Indian claims to territoriality since they landed on the continent, and launched two invasions of Canada to dispute to sovereignty of HRH. Still, after Montreal, Queenston Heights, Chrysler’s Farm and Lundy’s Lane, every American should know by now that the national idea of Canada is one that has (had) resonance.

Harik
Sep 9, 2001

From the hard streets of Moscow
First dog to touch the stars

Plaster Town Cop

StealthArcher posted:

UFCW in Canada Safeway was one. The olds were positively shocked when the vast majority of now 2nd tier members voted to deunionize.

galaxy-sized surprised pikachu

Did they end up unfucking that particular chicken? A bunch of other unions fell for the same trap slash leadership got paid to accept it.

Abner Assington
Mar 13, 2005

For I am a sinner in the hands of an angry god. Bloody Mary, full of vodka, blessed are you among cocktails. Pray for me now, at the hour of my death, which I hope is soon.

Amen.

NeonPunk posted:

We must consult The Number™

Apr 7, 2003

Van Halen’s Panama except they say “Canada” instead

FistEnergy
Nov 3, 2000

DAY CREW: WORKING HARD

Fun Shoe

NeonPunk posted:

Yep you got it

sonatinas
Apr 15, 2003

Seattle Karate Vs. L.A. Karate

NeonPunk posted:

it means the fed gonna turn that dial up.

Acelerion
May 3, 2005

I love when the increase in jobs comes in lower than expected but the unemployment rate beats. Really good number we got over there.

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

I'M HAVING A HOOT EATING CORNETTE THE LONG WAY

Frosted Flake posted:

Canda is a vassal state of 2 empires

Centrist Committee
Aug 6, 2019

Frosted Flake posted:

Americans have denied French and Indian claims to territoriality since they landed on the continent,

One of those isn’t like the other…

Glumwheels
Jan 25, 2003

https://twitter.com/BidenHQ

Fake number bullshit anyway.

mrbotus
Apr 7, 2009

Patron of the Pants
By "normal" pay I mean what employers typically pay people, not what they actually SHOULD be paid. I've gotten some people to wake up about how bad things are just by framing bad things as normal.

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

SourKraut posted:

That's like $2 of beef, $0.50 of bun, and maybe $1.50 between the veggies/pineapple and the cheese slice if we're being honest. So $4 for that monstrosity. If you factor in that it probably took the cook in the back 5 minutes at most to actually make and maybe he makes $20/hr, that's another $1.70 or so. Now you're up to a whopp(er)ing $5.70 for that piece of poo poo.

Hope you're happy you just gave away $10 to the corporate assclowns!

while, yes, you're broadly correct that restaurant food is wildly overpriced for what it takes to make it, the profit margin on that burg is closer to the 10 cent end of the spectrum than the 10 dollar end

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

the vast majority of restaurants go down in flames because the owners think they can profit $10/burger, find out that they're possibly even losing money per plate of food, then are driven insane trying to micromanage and nickel&dime everything and drive away all their good/adequate workers before they get busted for 40 health code violations

i am harry
Oct 14, 2003

Vox Nihili posted:

Paid $24 at Jack in the Box for two fast food entrees and a single large curly fries this evening.

no diarrhea is worth $24!

Zodium
Jun 19, 2004

mrbotus posted:

By "normal" pay I mean what employers typically pay people, not what they actually SHOULD be paid. I've gotten some people to wake up about how bad things are just by framing bad things as normal.

that's the normal interpretation of the word

Milosh
Oct 14, 2000
Forum Veteran
I'm getting an MBA because my job can pay for it and I can do it while on the clock (i'm a therapist) am I going to become evil?

webcams for christ
Nov 2, 2005

yeah the closest "normal" comes to mean "ought" is like, Normative ethics

RealityWarCriminal
Aug 10, 2016

:o:

i am harry posted:

no, diarrhea is worth $24!

LonsomeSon
Nov 22, 2009

A fishperson in an intimidating hat!

webcams for christ posted:

yeah the closest "normal" comes to mean "ought" is like, Normative ethics

you misunderstand, if you do intention magic by insisting on different meanings for words, you can help defeat capitalism or something

triple sulk
Sep 17, 2014

Glumwheels posted:

Fake number bullshit anyway.

my uc exhausted like 2-3 months ago so i guess i'm employed now

mrbotus
Apr 7, 2009

Patron of the Pants
I compared it to the word "decently."

mawarannahr
May 21, 2019

Milosh posted:

I'm getting an MBA because my job can pay for it and I can do it while on the clock (i'm a therapist) am I going to become evil?

you're a therapist and getting paid to be an mba? by whom?!

KirbyKhan
Mar 20, 2009

Soiled Meat

Xaris posted:

Lmao "Canada is 3 mining companies wearing a trenchcoat and holding a gun"

Gunshow Poophole
Sep 14, 2008

OMBUDSMAN
POSTERS LOCAL 42069

Clapping Larry

triple sulk posted:

my uc exhausted like 2-3 months ago so i guess i'm employed now

no you're just not a person

KirbyKhan
Mar 20, 2009

Soiled Meat

Milosh posted:

There's a couple a ways that this can happen. You are not going to become evil you already are, that's why they're paying for your MBA

triple sulk
Sep 17, 2014

Gunshow Poophole posted:

no you're just not a person

thank you

NeonPunk
Dec 21, 2020

Milosh posted:

I had an ex who had this exact same thing happen to her couple of years ago. She now work solely as a therapist for rich white household wives and their children. Like you know those op-ed columnists who would write some absolutely hot take, and you wonder how could they possibly sleep at night? They have those therapists who help sooth and calm the contractions in their minds.

ram dass in hell
Dec 29, 2019

:420::toot::420:

KirbyKhan posted:

Lmao "Canada is 3 mining companies wearing a trenchcoat and holding a gun"

mawarannahr
May 21, 2019

KirbyKhan posted:

There's a couple a ways that this can happen. You are not going to become evil you already are, that's why they're paying for your MBA

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

net work error
Feb 26, 2011

NeonPunk posted:

I had an ex who had this exact same thing happen to her couple of years ago. She now work solely as a therapist for rich white household wives and their children. Like you know those op-ed columnists who would write some absolutely hot take, and you wonder how could they possibly sleep at night? They have those therapists who help sooth and calm the contractions in their minds.

My mind is soothed because my brain is smooth