Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

pixaal
Jan 8, 2004

All ice cream is now for all beings, no matter how many legs.

One thing I noticed is that things can sometimes stack in TIngus goose (this is a bug) I had 6 golden goose heads (duplicators) on top of each other. What this did was only 1 would actually take the baby to duplicate but all 6 would increment the population as they went I tried to capture something and then it was deleted so I must have it (or however this code is working and bugged) so I ended up with max population and nothing happening.

If you run into that try moving everything and seeing if something is hidden and accidentally duped.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Inexplicable Humblebrag
Sep 20, 2003

Agent355 posted:

So I really like Tingle Goose, what set-ups are people using to combine the first three babies into a heart? I haven't found anything reliable to combine 3 hearts into a sundae aside from using duplicators and stuff, but I have this set-up for the first step.

Two stair blocks set up right on top of each other. The baby has to hit the lower stair on the outside edge of it, then they will bounce back and forth between the two stairs for such a long time that 3 babies will stack up and merge. So this is pretty easy to get since stairs are common and sometimes show up on the 'choose one of three' blossoms. It also doesn't take much room so I can normally slot it in near the top between all the blossom-buds that I can't move yet.

Anybody have any other two or three piece set-ups that seem reliable? It'd be nice to know a few of these in case I don't get two stairs on a level.

i am glad to see that tingus goose continues the idle game trend of sounding like absolute insanity to non-players

explosivo
May 23, 2004

Fueled by Satan

I don't really have any set strategies and usually drag around what I've got until something works but I do like putting the little jumping guy below things like the golden goose head or even the goose that poops out two eggs (short goose) because it forces the things falling out to merge right there.

I also like using the "Dance Floor" to send one to the other side, then either another dance floor coming back the other way or the Neck Belt Goose (the one with the tendrils) that sends it back over. Bonus points if you put a jumping guy as it comes back to the other side because then it pushes it up to the first dance floor for a second and gives it a chance to merge there.

But if you can get a couple of those golden goose heads and maybe one or two of the short geese, you can really make some stuff happen.

My main strategy so far is to try to merge things as high as possible then work the way down. I feel like if you focus from the top down usually by the bottom it just works out that you've got a lot of high level merges happening and may not even notice as you're fiddling with stuff up top still.

explosivo fucked around with this message at 15:35 on Aug 3, 2023

Zokari
Jul 23, 2007

man dodecadragons wasn't amazing or anything but i liked it well enough

glad i already beat it

Jhet
Jun 3, 2013

Virigoth posted:

in Ironwood RPG how are ya'll making money? Farming looks like a decent way to pump out some gold or combat? I'm up to 85 woodcutting but my forging/mining/smelting hasn't kept up and I'm stuck trying to buy obsidian hatchets as they show up, let alone astral hatchets, but the market is turbo expensive. If any of the GOON guild members, which I should probably join, want to set up a trade via orders or something let me know!

Honestly, I just make coin via crafting with forging/smithing. When I was leveling from Silver to Gold, I just tossed up a bunch of stuff onto the market at a price I was okay with waiting to get and most of it sells eventually as the market changes. I think just go for something that aren't gloves was what I did. I checked again today to find another 400k I had forgotten about. I know it's not as much as it could be, but it's what it is. I apparently also sold a bunch of copper gear recently too for a decent price, but idk.

Xand_Man
Mar 2, 2004

If what you say is true
Wutang might be dangerous

My level 1 baby merger is two straight extended platforms, one that the babies travel out on and another that they travel in on.

So:
--------------Beak Popper/ Beehive 1/ Luscious Hair
--------------Bee Hive 2

Hitting the end of the first one bounces them backwards, and they merge with the next one on their platform and the one below. It works pretty reliably, and it's flexible. If it's not working 100% of the time I put a bouncer of some kind underneath them.

If I have a Short Goose ( the one that lays 2 eggs) I'll set up some combo of platform, conveyer and bouncer underneath so the two new ones get moved to the other side then merge with an uneaten baby

explosivo posted:

My main strategy so far is to try to merge things as high as possible then work the way down. I feel like if you focus from the top down usually by the bottom it just works out that you've got a lot of high level merges happening and may not even notice as you're fiddling with stuff up top still.

The one thing about this is that the natural neck growths (ew) can generate a lot of income so it's worth tuning the downstream so it falls down the middle/over to the growths on the dude's back (double ew)

I'd love to know what successes people have had for higher level merges if they don't have Short geese, Golden heads or test tubes.

Xand_Man fucked around with this message at 18:58 on Aug 3, 2023

Post poste
Mar 29, 2010

Settle moon is cute and all my adventurers are having parties and swapping items and i love them.
This game is so far on the idle side, and has full offline progress, but it's just so sweet and cute and low key.

Okay, maybe I also wanted to post this to contrast the body horror goose game.
But I enjoy an idle game that embraces idle.

crime weed
Nov 9, 2009

Post poste posted:

Settle moon is cute and all my adventurers are having parties and swapping items and i love them.
This game is so far on the idle side, and has full offline progress, but it's just so sweet and cute and low key.

Okay, maybe I also wanted to post this to contrast the body horror goose game.
But I enjoy an idle game that embraces idle.
it looks nice, but does it justify the ~$15 price tag?

Post poste
Mar 29, 2010

crime weed posted:

it looks nice, but does it justify the ~$15 price tag?

I honestly think it does.
It's nice and sweet, with minimal words, and you get to customize your moth, set up missions and quests for adventurers, build an entire village, stock it with supplies, decorate the place, and the game itself is very polished and it's easy to glide between different tabs to set up tasks, buy items, check your mail, fill your shop and paint the town.

The town feels like mine, and when i put the stars and the moon back in the sky, the game really makes it feel like the world is coming back to life.

Overall it's very chill, and very well done.

Sivart13
May 18, 2003
I have neglected to come up with a clever title

Youth Decay posted:

Dodecadragons [...] Apparently the dev deleted it due to negative feedback?
I truly believe some of these burnout problems could be solved if people just put an ending in their games rather than continuing to add layers update after update forever

(re-?)balancing everything in an hours long clicker where people are constantly offering feedback but different player types want different things feels like a real drag

basically more games should strive to be like Alkahistorian, explore the idea and once you're done let people close the tab

Kyrosiris
May 24, 2006

You try to be happy when everyone is summoning you everywhere to "be their friend".

Sivart13 posted:

I truly believe some of these burnout problems could be solved if people just put an ending in their games rather than continuing to add layers update after update forever

To be fair, Dodecadragons did have an end point.

Just, the layer two layers before the ending sucked rear end.

GrossMurpel
Apr 8, 2011
He seemed to be developing at a decent clip and yep he even gave it an end. That's way ahead of most idle devs, where the content just runs out around the point where they abandoned it
I guess people just don't wanna click upgrades a billion times per reset anyway like in ye olde cookie clicker days

MattDarling
Apr 25, 2017
Tingus Goose - don't bank on a perfect repeatable setup, it does things to force you to adapt. When you ascend, you start again in a different location. I'm not sure if these are in a specific order, but they mess with the environment so you're not just following one strategy forever. Wind, changed gravity, a dungeon with ladders, etc.

I think it's good to keep things fresh, but it is annoying that some of them screw with your layout when you grow taller. Like if the goose head is below a windy spot, if you grow a little bit you may have to change the whole layout.

Kinda like how getting upgrades in NGU:I could mean redoing your factory. Except some of the best goose attachments can't be moved vertically so it can be really annoying to work around them.

explosivo
May 23, 2004

Fueled by Satan

Yeah I do wish there was a way to remove something and bank it so you could theoretically remove all of your upgrades and put them all back down in a different order. It does get hard dragging stuff around when space is limited.

pixaal
Jan 8, 2004

Tingus: If you get 50 gems you can get a random item that you can place every single level. Gems are kind of rare though they are a premium currency. I thankfully got a knock up which is always useful. I have no idea how long it will take for the next 50 F2P.

explosivo
May 23, 2004

Fueled by Satan

I don't understand at-loving-all how the eggs/souls(?)/fried eggs thing works in Tingus Goose. The gold eggs that are produced by the gold sprouts contribute towards the counter in the cook menu and when the counter fills completely you get 1 (yolk?) and those are what you use to either Fry or Age to create an amount of fried eggs that you can use for upgrades. However I think those yolks are what you use to "Ultra-Ascend" which I haven't been able to do yet because I didn't realize until now-ish that the currency used for that was also the same thing used for upgrading so every time I checked for the ultra ascend I was 1-200 short. I think I know what the deal is now it's just confusing when the eggs and the yolks look almost the same except the yolks have little wirey arms and legs.

pixaal
Jan 8, 2004

explosivo posted:

I don't understand at-loving-all how the eggs/souls(?)/fried eggs thing works in Tingus Goose. The gold eggs that are produced by the gold sprouts contribute towards the counter in the cook menu and when the counter fills completely you get 1 (yolk?) and those are what you use to either Fry or Age to create an amount of fried eggs that you can use for upgrades. However I think those yolks are what you use to "Ultra-Ascend" which I haven't been able to do yet because I didn't realize until now-ish that the currency used for that was also the same thing used for upgrading so every time I checked for the ultra ascend I was 1-200 short. I think I know what the deal is now it's just confusing when the eggs and the yolks look almost the same except the yolks have little wirey arms and legs.

So when the golden butts poop out golden eggs you get points for everything they hit reroll stuff near the end of a level to get more butts. If you aren't stuck (hitting population cap) keep doing the 100 egg turn in as often as you can or just keep yourself floated at the ultra ascend number.

The cost of ultra ascend goes up every time you do it (2nd time is over 3k) > It starts you over at level 1 with all your upgrades and unlocks an unground room with an upgrade for ... neck speed growth. At level 3 you get an upgrade for population cap. These upgrades cost the green bux and stay through levels. I haven't hit enough to ultra ascend again or get to level 4 yet should today it feels about the same speed as the first time so far honestly.

You do also get a multiplier to income but I didn't notice what I got I think it was a 2x or something not super useful.

Remember you can reroll branches with the dice and you also get some free rerolls every day! Be sure to use them to get rid of crap like the roasted chicken that switches sides every time it's hit (okay it's useful if they are hitting dead center tree since that always works but have fun setting that up especially for a common rarity get something better unless you *need* that

explosivo
May 23, 2004

Fueled by Satan

Okay so ultra-ascend probably not worth it unless I'm bumping up against the pop cap? I'm on stage 7 right now and it feels like the pace has slowed down significantly, although I am about to remove the last obstacle in the way so I'm pretty close to wrapping this one up I guess. And I do the rerolls, I actually paid the money to get the no-ads upgrade because I hate being tempted to constantly watch ads for progress and it's definitely very nice having a bunch of free rerolls and buffs and things throughout the day to use. I made good use of the chicken on a stick a few stages ago but yeah that one usually gets a reroll lol.

crime weed
Nov 9, 2009
ultra-ascend gives you a multiplier to all golden eggs acquired, including from bugs/strawberries/ascensions. additionally it gives you a cash bonus

i think ultra-ascending immediately is optimal

Lib and let die
Aug 26, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 9 hours!
so i ran into a weird issue with Tingus Goose - I can't scroll to the top of my goose. My phone is just...stuck.

I presume given enough time I'll accumulate enough cash to finish the patient, but for now...it's just stuck!

pixaal
Jan 8, 2004

Lib and let die posted:

so i ran into a weird issue with Tingus Goose - I can't scroll to the top of my goose. My phone is just...stuck.

I presume given enough time I'll accumulate enough cash to finish the patient, but for now...it's just stuck!

I had this happen, installing an update fixed it. The app isn't auto updating for some reason at least on Android

you are on August 01 I'm on August 02 (the date is I'm assuming the leading numbers in that game version since it works out to the date of the release when I've updated)

Sivart13
May 18, 2003
I have neglected to come up with a clever title
Video Games › Idle Incremental Clickers: I can't scroll to the top of my goose

Xand_Man
Mar 2, 2004

If what you say is true

I got goose for days

Lib and let die
Aug 26, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 9 hours!

pixaal posted:

I had this happen, installing an update fixed it. The app isn't auto updating for some reason at least on Android

you are on August 01 I'm on August 02 (the date is I'm assuming the leading numbers in that game version since it works out to the date of the release when I've updated)

so I found out the hard way that the game definitely isn't linked to your google account because I went the nuclear option and reinstalled when there wasn't an update available

ah well, i was only one ultra ascension in anyway

pixaal
Jan 8, 2004

Lib and let die posted:

so I found out the hard way that the game definitely isn't linked to your google account because I went the nuclear option and reinstalled when there wasn't an update available

ah well, i was only one ultra ascension in anyway

Pretty sure the opening screen says progress wont carry over to full release anyway (or maybe that was another game I started around the same time)

Lib and let die
Aug 26, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 9 hours!

pixaal posted:

Pretty sure the opening screen says progress wont carry over to full release anyway (or maybe that was another game I started around the same time)

yeah, it does, and really it's fine anyway since starting over is a core mechanic anyway

anyone got a read on what exactly the Trampo card does? Something to do with the rate at which your blossoms can interact with your Tingis?

Jhet
Jun 3, 2013
Anyone playing Ironwood RPG should note that the pets and stardust are gone and there's a stack of coin in your inventory. I missed it with the update yesterday and probably would have taken another couple days to notice at least.

Agent355
Jul 26, 2011

So this got me in tingus goose and I figured I'd let people know.

You can't have more than 8 hours of neck growth at once. If you have over 8 hours the grow button will be replaced with some other thing. At first I thought I hit some sort of hard cap, because by coincidence this button appeared exactly one growth before I surpassed the height requirement to ascend. But no, give it an hour or w/e and come back and you can put another hour's worth of growth in.

Now I have to wait until like midnight to ascend lol.

Agent355
Jul 26, 2011

explosivo posted:

In addition to what the other guy said.

1. You get gold eggs from gold butts.

2. Enough gold eggs gives you a golden eggman (I've never actually accomplished this, you get plenty from just clearing levels)

3. Golden eggmen can be 'cooked' into fried eggs, and are also the resource you requires to ultra ascend.

4. Fried eggs are spent upgrading your bottled freaky baby things.

5. 'cooking' is done once every 6 hours and you'll cook 1% of your eggmen, or 100, whichever is more. At the beginning you'll only get 100 but at this point I have 500 million eggmen so the cook option gives me like 5 million. You also cook ALL of the eggmen when you ultra ascend, which is where the majority of friend eggs will come from initially.

6. Each ultra ascend adds to a global modifier to future money/eggmen income. You CAN ultra ascend as soon as you have enough eggmen, but if you go an extra stage or two you will still collect more eggmen that will get cooked on the next ultra ascend.

Generally I've been going until I literally can't beat a stage, then ultra ascending.

Jhet
Jun 3, 2013
I wish Tingus Goose was out on iOS already. You're all making me fomo.

uPen
Jan 25, 2010

Zu Rodina!

Agent355 posted:

1. You get gold eggs from gold butts.

4. Fried eggs are spent upgrading your bottled freaky baby things.

There’s nothing better than reading this thread and people are posting about a game you haven’t played. Is ALWAYS incomprehensible nonsense and it’s great.

VictualSquid
Feb 29, 2012

Gently enveloping the target with indiscriminate love.
In Tingus I got some kind of massive test-tube sprout, but I couldn't figure out a way to get babies to interact with it. And I can't find it in the help-thing.
It can theoretically be moved, but is so big it fits nowhere.

How do I use it? I have just rerolled it into an even more useless unmoveable thing.

pixaal
Jan 8, 2004

VictualSquid posted:

In Tingus I got some kind of massive test-tube sprout, but I couldn't figure out a way to get babies to interact with it. And I can't find it in the help-thing.
It can theoretically be moved, but is so big it fits nowhere.

How do I use it? I have just rerolled it into an even more useless unmoveable thing.

The red one? You need a fully merged one like the outline inside. Select the branch and push the magnifying glass it tells you what it does.

This one is poorly described though.

Xand_Man
Mar 2, 2004

If what you say is true

pixaal posted:

The red one? You need a fully merged one like the outline inside. Select the branch and push the magnifying glass it tells you what it does.

This one is poorly described though.

It turns a Level 5 ( Old Organs Baby) into a Level 1 Baby of a higher tier.

Deki
May 12, 2008

It's Hammer Time!
I hope Tingus gets a PC version sometime.

Love the art but it's not the kind of idle I generally play on my phone.

Ineptitude
Mar 2, 2010

Heed my words and become a master of the Heart (of Thorns).
Seeing people explain and talk about idlers i don’t play is the best thing. Goose game sounds absolutely unhinged.

explosivo
May 23, 2004

Fueled by Satan

Ineptitude posted:

Seeing people explain and talk about idlers i don’t play is the best thing. Goose game sounds absolutely unhinged.

Funny thing is it's not much more hinged if you do play it

Agent355
Jul 26, 2011

Xand_Man posted:

It turns a Level 5 ( Old Organs Baby) into a Level 1 Baby of a higher tier.

It also will suck money out of any kind of baby for like 10 ticks or something. The hard part is you need to launch babies into it from the side/bottom, as they can't fall int he top. So some sort of upward launching blossom placed beneath it works best.

NPR Journalizard
Feb 14, 2008

I do not get tingus goose sometimes. I leave the game getting 50m/minute, and come back getting 5m/minute, without making any changes.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

pixaal
Jan 8, 2004

NPR Journalizard posted:

I do not get tingus goose sometimes. I leave the game getting 50m/minute, and come back getting 5m/minute, without making any changes.

It takes time to build up you get money when they hit branches (goose heads and butts and stuff sticking out)

Like it takes a good 3-4 minutes after coming back to fully saturate the play field.

Check your pop value, it does sometimes bug and not properly go down if you are at pop no more babies.

The direction the babies go at first changes at various heights make sure they are hitting everything as much as possible and bouncing into each other because 3 of the same baby level levels them up. (New graphic) it's a massive multipler you want this.