Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Whooping Crabs
Apr 13, 2010

Sorry for the derail but I fuckin love me some racoons

Hackers film 1995 posted:

im sure the real estate market in tronno is crazy, but could you imagine being shown an apt in that building and the agent or whomever has to show you that line. maybe i have too much dignity but id leave immediately.

You won't get a free TV if you leave the timeshare pitch early

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TotalLossBrain
Oct 20, 2010

Hier graben!

im sure the real estate market in tronno is crazy, but could you imagine being shown an apt in that building and the agent or whomever has to show you that line. maybe i have too much dignity but id leave immediately.

Joke's on you, half the people in that line are applicants for the same two apartments

Bloody Hedgehog
Dec 12, 2003

💥💥🤯💥💥
Gotta nuke something

Being shown horror homes is part of the house hunting experience.

I saw one where the first thing the real estate guy said to me before we went in was "... okay, brace yourself." Not quite a hoarders level home, but close enough. And the whole time time the owner is still there following us around going "You see my vunderful treasures! If you buy, I leave all for you. You can have all treasures!"

You could see the real estate guys soul leaving his body since he knew he was never going to unload that dump.

McGavin
Sep 18, 2012

https://i.imgur.com/6BXsGRu.mp4

GABA ghoul
Oct 29, 2011

A good toilet cat keeps the toilet rats at bay

Kit Walker
Jul 10, 2010
"The Man Who Cannot Deadlift"

I'm glad the worst place I'd seen wasn't all that bad. I had was one where it was clear they turned a walk-in closet into one bedroom, the living room into another bedroom, and a weird storage space that was like 5 feet tall into another bedroom. Still stupid as hell and they were trying to rent it out at a price comparable to other 3br apartments in the area. The renting market makes people do the dumbest poo poo in the world

a sexual elk
May 16, 2007

I’d go up the stairs to the second floor and catch the elevator where there isn’t a line.

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004

https://i.imgur.com/wycxyF2.mp4

Karate Bastard
Jul 31, 2007

Soiled Meat
Just piss the dirt off

Takes No Damage
Nov 20, 2004

The most merciful thing in the world, I think, is the inability of the human mind to correlate all its contents. We live on a placid island of ignorance in the midst of black seas of infinity, and it was not meant that we should voyage far.

Grimey Drawer

I mean... with as much alcohol as this guy puts in his jungle juice it's hard to argue that it's not sterile...

Borscht posted:

Somebody saw koyaanisqatsi.

Cyriak finally cleaned up and went corporate :rip:

hemale in pain posted:

Google tells me there's 37 floors with 888 rooms, so if you're like the 400+ peoeple who live past the 20th floor it's gonna suck to walk up everyday.

Walking up 20 flights of stairs would literally kill a non-trivial number of Americans :btroll:

ultrafilter
Aug 23, 2007

It's okay if you have any questions.

Takes No Damage posted:

Walking up 20 flights of stairs would literally kill a non-trivial number of Americans :btroll:

That building's in Canada.

TotalLossBrain
Oct 20, 2010

Hier graben!
Canada is on the American continent :smugdog:

Hackers film 1995
Nov 4, 2009

Hack the planet!

lol i was just about to joke that canadians are americans :smug:

Vakal
May 11, 2008
Toronto is located on Canada's dick which is jammed firmly into the U.S.A's rear end in a top hat.

The tip even tickles the prostate, aka Michigan.

Harvey Mantaco
Mar 6, 2007

Someone please help me find my keys =(

lol i was just about to joke that canadians are americans :smug:

We're just a little slow but we're trying our best. We'll get just as unhealthy, financially dominated and fascist eventually we just need a little patience and understanding on our journey 😊.

TotalLossBrain
Oct 20, 2010

Hier graben!
Canadian cops kill poors and natives just the same, but they are somewhat polite about it and wear funny hats.

Also US cops tend to steal the spotlight

bossy lady
Jul 9, 1983

Vakal posted:

The tip even tickles the prostate, aka Michigan.

I hope your prostate doesn't look like detroit

Vakal
May 11, 2008

bossy lady posted:

I hope your prostate doesn't look like detroit

It will if you drink the water there long enough.

Takes No Damage
Nov 20, 2004

The most merciful thing in the world, I think, is the inability of the human mind to correlate all its contents. We live on a placid island of ignorance in the midst of black seas of infinity, and it was not meant that we should voyage far.

Grimey Drawer

TotalLossBrain posted:

Canadian cops kill poors and natives just the same, but they are somewhat polite about it and wear funny hats.

Also US cops tend to steal the spotlight

Um excuse me it's called Civil Asset Forfeiture and I believe you'll find it's perfectly legal :patriot:

davidspackage
May 16, 2007

Nap Ghost
*beats you* sorry
*beats you* sorry

Detheros
Apr 11, 2010

I want to die.

The apple then hit the ground, which startled the horse and gave it a heart attack because lol horses.

Fart.Bleed.Repeat.
Sep 29, 2001

a sexual elk posted:

I’d go up the stairs to the second floor and catch the elevator where there isn’t a line.

Do people just not understand how elevators work? OK so you go to the second floor, get in the elevator on its way down. You’re now in the front of the car with a lot of other people maybe. Down to the first floor, you got a shuffle while everybody behind you gets out now you’re in the back of the car. Now a bunch of people from the first floor get in and you still have to ride up through all the floors of people that just got on

Getting on to a downward elevator car doesn’t magically make it say “nah fuckit, I’m going UP now!”

Inceltown
Aug 6, 2019

Fart.Bleed.Repeat. posted:

Do people just not understand how elevators work? OK so you go to the second floor, get in the elevator on its way down. You’re now in the front of the car with a lot of other people maybe. Down to the first floor, you got a shuffle while everybody behind you gets out now you’re in the back of the car. Now a bunch of people from the first floor get in and you still have to ride up through all the floors of people that just got on

Getting on to a downward elevator car doesn’t magically make it say “nah fuckit, I’m going UP now!”

Now you're trapped in a metal cage with a whole bunch of people who know you just cut in front of them. People who know where you live.

Karate Bastard
Jul 31, 2007

Soiled Meat
Omitted step 1, which is practicing your kara-te proficiency and conditioning your rear end with hard-style ki-gung for eighteen years. Then you might dare this transgression

Antigravitas
Dec 8, 2019

Die Rettung fuer die Landwirte:
The slution to your elevator problems:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oHf1vD5_b5I

Railing Kill
Nov 14, 2008

You are the first crack in the sheer face of god. From you it will spread.

davidspackage posted:

*beats you* sorry
*beats you* sorry

I've been listening to CBC's true crime series Uncover and let me just say: the RCMP is indeed as bad as the FBI in terms of corruption, malfeasance, and mistreatment of marginalized people. ACAB

EhCAB, if you will

Railing Kill fucked around with this message at 21:03 on Aug 4, 2023

Kit Walker
Jul 10, 2010
"The Man Who Cannot Deadlift"

Fart.Bleed.Repeat. posted:

The point is that you're now right in the elevator instead of waiting 20 minutes for it to make 4-5 more trips before you get to go inside

Jabberlock
Nov 29, 2014

Reminds me of seeing a documentary about the new superthin building in downtown manhattan. Because of the wacky design, the whole building is serviced by two elevators, with a cab on top of one of the residential elevators as the freight elevator.

Wasabi the J
Jan 23, 2008

MOM WAS RIGHT

Railing Kill posted:

I've been listening to CBC's true crime series Uncover and let me just say: the RCMP is indeed as bad as the FBI in terms of corruption, malfeasance, and mistreatment of marginalized people. ACAB

EhCAB, if you will

Trudeau made good on his weapons ban with the help of either RCMP incompetence or assistance.

flubber nuts
Oct 5, 2005

davidspackage posted:

*beats you* sorry
*beats you* sorry

oh that's fine im sure i deserved it. ouch. good day officer! ow.

Takes No Damage
Nov 20, 2004

Grimey Drawer

Jabberlock posted:

Reminds me of seeing a documentary about the new superthin building in downtown manhattan. Because of the wacky design, the whole building is serviced by two elevators, with a cab on top of one of the residential elevators as the freight elevator.

The real problem is all that wasted time standing around waiting for the doors to open and close:

Dehumanize yourself and face to Bloodshed:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ro3Fc_yG3p0&t=23s

VictualSquid
Feb 29, 2012

Gently enveloping the target with indiscriminate love.

Takes No Damage posted:

The real problem is all that wasted time standing around waiting for the doors to open and close:

Dehumanize yourself and face to Bloodshed:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ro3Fc_yG3p0&t=23s

Yeah those are fun. My mother's workplace had one of those Paternosters and when we could visit we kids would just ride it the thing the whole day without getting bored.

Scratch Monkey
Oct 25, 2010

👰Proč bychom se netěšili🥰když nám Pán Bůh🙌🏻zdraví dá💪?

davidspackage posted:

*beats you* sorry
*beats you* sorry

It’s “sooore-y”

Facebook Aunt
Oct 4, 2008

wiggle wiggle

I imagine canny agents schedule viewing appointments during off hours. You'll never know about the problem until after you move in and try to use the elevator during rush hour.

If you want to live there a 1 bedroom is available right now, for $2350. LOL.
https://www.delrentals.com/condos-for-rent/midtown/citylights-on-broadway-north-tower/99-broadway-avenue/5819

Wipfmetz
Oct 12, 2007

Sitzen ein oder mehrere Wipfe in einer Lore, so kann man sie ueber den Rand der Lore hinausschauen sehen.
Yeah. They're cool and they would solve the issue where many people have to be moved. Also lol @ "elevator of death".
They're not useable for disabled people and you can hurt yourself if you're dumb. And you can get that far cheaper with stairs, so noone builds paternosters anymore.

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?

I bet it's cozy if you're a cat. Probably cool on hot days. I love toilet cat

Archonex
May 2, 2012

MY OPINION IS SEERS OF THE THRONE PROPAGANDA IGNORE MY GNOSIS-IMPAIRED RAMBLINGS
Saw this posted on Reddit and it reeked of simultaneously both being on par with a hilariously horrifyingly doomed goon project and belonging in this thread so I had to post it here:

The thread title posted:

I made my gf a pillow out of my chest hair so she can pretend she’s laying on my chest every night

Edit: https://www.reddit.com/r/DiWHY/comments/15i2yg5/i_made_my_gf_a_pillow_out_of_my_chest_hair_so_she/

As a bonus a fair number of the replies are about on par with the old days of people mocking old goon projects too.

quote:

This is some hosed up serial killer poo poo.

quote:

Hey folks I’m trying to kick start the Pube-Pillow

quote:

What a nice family hairloom!

quote:

DIWhatthefuck

quote:

From the Buffalo Bill collection. Comes with a bucket on a string with some lotion to apply to it's skin or it gets the hose again.

Apparently this lead to the guy following the old forum tradition of getting dragged and doubling down in a huff by posting a video of him removing each hair with a tweezer one by one and posting it online on tik tok or some similar place. Because you want evidence of doing this on the net. Sadly I can't provide a cursed video to this thread since I can't find it and I suspect common sense asserted itself leading to it's deletion.

Archonex fucked around with this message at 01:00 on Aug 5, 2023

ultrafilter
Aug 23, 2007

It's okay if you have any questions.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=48-RA4BNXVc

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

maybe for one second you can pause; try to step into another person's perspective, and understand that a watermelon is cursing me

please do not post blessed content

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BiggerBoat
Sep 26, 2007

Don't you tell me my business again.

Kit Walker posted:

I'm glad the worst place I'd seen wasn't all that bad. I had was one where it was clear they turned a walk-in closet into one bedroom, the living room into another bedroom, and a weird storage space that was like 5 feet tall into another bedroom. Still stupid as hell and they were trying to rent it out at a price comparable to other 3br apartments in the area. The renting market makes people do the dumbest poo poo in the world

Hell, even in the early 90's when I lived in San Francisco my friends lived in a place that had obviously been designed as a single apartment but, through some weird door placement in the main hallway and some of the tricks you describe had been turned into two "apartments". The layout was so strange and made zero sense until you ultimately realized what had happened.

It kind of worked out because they were all friends filling both "apartments" anyways but it was more like an awkward division of space than either of them actually having their own place. Somehow, they managed to give each "unit" its own kitchen and bathroom but you could tell it was makeshift and clearly not designed that way originally.

Karate Bastard posted:

Just piss the dirt off

Hey..! Hey, dirt! Yeah, you! gently caress you! Your mother's a whore. Suck my dick, dirt.