Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Shockeh
Feb 24, 2009

Now be a dear and
fuck the fuck off.
As the Rogue starts their 6th turn with a single 3 cost Minion on the board, and ends it killing me on 22 health, I do wonder what interesting counterplay options there may have been.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Doctor Spaceman
Jul 6, 2010

"Everyone's entitled to their point of view, but that's seriously a weird one."

Shockeh posted:

As the Rogue starts their 6th turn with a single 3 cost Minion on the board, and ends it killing me on 22 health, I do wonder what interesting counterplay options there may have been.

Control Priest would count except you specified interesting.

Last King
Sep 29, 2007

In corporate R'lyeh, Cthulhu works you.

Fun Shoe

Boatswain posted:

Is there a decent Miracle Rogue deck floating around? I've heard rumors…

you want something like this:

### Mechs Go Brrrr
# Class: Rogue
# Format: Standard
# Year of the Wolf
#
# 2x (0) Preparation
# 2x (1) Click-Clocker
# 2x (1) Drone Deconstructor
# 2x (1) Frequency Oscillator
# 2x (1) Gear Shift
# 2x (2) From the Scrapheap
# 2x (2) Invent-o-matic
# 2x (2) Pit Stop
# 2x (2) Serrated Bone Spike
# 2x (3) Bronze Gatekeeper
# 2x (3) Coppertail Snoop
# 1x (3) Mimiron, the Mastermind
# 2x (3) SP-3Y3-D3R
# 2x (4) Lab Constructor
# 1x (5) Ini Stormcoil
# 1x (5) Zilliax
# 1x (6) V-07-TR-0N Prime
#
AAECAc78BQTsugS29gXY9gXq+gUN958E4bUE9d0E2dAF1fYFv/cFpvgF5voFofwF+/wF5/0Fuf4Fy54GAAA=
#
# To use this deck, copy it to your clipboard and create a new deck in Hearthstone

Shockeh
Feb 24, 2009

Now be a dear and
fuck the fuck off.

Doctor Spaceman posted:

Control Priest would count except you specified interesting.

I'm of the view people who queue Control Priest should be pushed into a tumble dryer filled with LEGO bricks.

Last King
Sep 29, 2007

Fun Shoe

Shockeh posted:

I'm of the view people who queue Control Priest should be pushed into a tumble dryer filled with LEGO bricks.

agreed. same with blood dks, renethal players, etc.

peer
Jan 17, 2004

this is not what I wanted
just had a very cool warlock mirror. turn 2 we both play harp, turn 3 we both play forge of wills, turn 4 we tap. turn 5 i play 33/33 of stats.

Gwaint
Oct 22, 2010

"Music is the truth. Just listen..."
Holy moly Quest Rogue might actually be okay in this wild meta with all their new mech stuff. Generating sparkbots which are easy to discount and they all count for the quest despite being different minions (because they have the same name) and it’s really easy to get the quest reward played before turn 5 too.

Probably not tier 1 material but I’ve been able to complete and play quest reward on turn 3 at its most highrolly.

emocrat
Feb 28, 2007
Sidewalk Technology
I was just playing the Tavern brawl as warrior. I had the Odyn aura in affect, and on board I had the minion that gives armor when it deals damage. My opponent ran a bunch of minions into it on his turn, which gained my hero 24 attack, then he swung into my face with corrupted Ashbringer. He took 24 damage and died.

Is this new? I don't think I have ever seen a hero take damage from attacking face before.

Shabadu
Jul 18, 2003

rain dance

I'm on a tear right now with an incredibly cheap aggro druid, nothing above Rare. Average game is over in 5 turns, quite a few in 4. Blood Treant's time is now!

OMFG FURRY
Jul 10, 2006

[snarky comment]

emocrat posted:

I was just playing the Tavern brawl as warrior. I had the Odyn aura in affect, and on board I had the minion that gives armor when it deals damage. My opponent ran a bunch of minions into it on his turn, which gained my hero 24 attack, then he swung into my face with corrupted Ashbringer. He took 24 damage and died.

Is this new? I don't think I have ever seen a hero take damage from attacking face before.

been that way for awhile, seen it most often when an opponent has a weapon equipped and then uses a minion to attack while misdirection is active and it lands on their face. it'll also trigger whatever modifiers their weapon has (cleave, lifesteal etc)

Elysium
Aug 21, 2003
It is by will alone I set my mind in motion.
Just started playing again after a few years. Why the gently caress do I get a friend request from CoralDrake#13682 every single day?

Olpainless
Jun 30, 2003
... Insert something brilliantly witty here.

Gwaint posted:

Holy moly Quest Rogue might actually be okay in this wild meta with all their new mech stuff. Generating sparkbots which are easy to discount and they all count for the quest despite being different minions (because they have the same name) and it’s really easy to get the quest reward played before turn 5 too.

Probably not tier 1 material but I’ve been able to complete and play quest reward on turn 3 at its most highrolly.

It's looking to have a huge impact, that's for sure. It's easy to complete, and incredibly bursty once the quest is in place. If a mech is on board for even a single turn after you complete - and that's not difficult with being able to apply reborn, stealth, and DS - you can just magnetise for a billion damage.

Boatswain
May 29, 2012

Elysium posted:

Just started playing again after a few years. Why the gently caress do I get a friend request from CoralDrake#13682 every single day?

I just want to say hi :saddowns:

mcbexx
Jul 4, 2004

British dentistry is
not on trial here!

:lol: The Astral Array deck recipe for Priest is hilarious.
Just summoning larger and larger men robots.

Jolly Jumbuck
Mar 14, 2006

Cats like optical fibers.

emocrat posted:

I just had that happen too in Ranked while achievement surfing. It used to be very rare, but it has always been that way, mainly via Misdirection as pointed out above. Attack gained by your hero on your opponent's turn will damage any opposing hero or minion that attacks your face.

Macdeo Lurjtux
Jul 5, 2011

BRRREADSTOOORRM!
With all the aura effects they've added lately I wonder if we'll get a minion that silences them.

Edit: I mean not a silence everything like Starfish, just auras like Raid Leader, Odyn or Frostlich Jaina

Macdeo Lurjtux fucked around with this message at 16:34 on Aug 3, 2023

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

It's 2006. I am taking 276 yeti furs from the goodies hoard.
I'm surprised they haven't played more with alternative silence effects like "deathrattles don't trigger" (I know this has been printed but not on something good) or temporary stuff like "all minions are silenced until the next turn" -- but I don't know if the game tracks enough stuff for that to work

bravesword
Apr 13, 2012

Silent Protagonist
They’ve been way more cautious with stuff that says “your poo poo doesn’t work, sorry” than they used to be. Back in vanilla, things like BGH and silence preyed on decks that wanted to go big, which had the knock-on effect of making a lot of otherwise cool effects impractical. There was a fair amount of grumbling about this, which is a big reason why Ironbeak Owl and BGH got nerfed back when standard was introduced.

For better or worse, the design direction for the game currently is “beat your opponent’s strong thing by doing your own strong thing, not by trying to tech against your opponent’s strong thing.” Things like silence and weapon destruction are much stronger than they used to be (compare Royal Librarian to the Hall of Famed Spellbreaker), and yet it is basically never correct to play them anymore.

kater
Nov 16, 2010

I don't know what just happened in this game I looked away and suddenly my deck is missing, the opponent has a Kologarn 10 weapon with gain armor on swing and... I don't remember the prefix, but an empty board besides, then I get swung at for 35 damage? huhhhhhhhh?

flatluigi
Apr 23, 2008

here come the planes
Nobody on my old friends list plays anymore, could I get a couple people to add me so I can do spectate quests? I'm flatluigi#1615 and am on the US servers (since I found out that you still can't spectate cross region, or at least I couldn't find how to do it on mobile)

Last King
Sep 29, 2007

Fun Shoe

flatluigi posted:

Nobody on my old friends list plays anymore, could I get a couple people to add me so I can do spectate quests? I'm flatluigi#1615 and am on the US servers (since I found out that you still can't spectate cross region, or at least I couldn't find how to do it on mobile)

all good, know the feeling all too well :smith: request sent.

Capped
Jun 21, 2005

flatluigi posted:

Sent. I'll add anyone who would like a bigger friend list - Capped#1266

peer
Jan 17, 2004

just lost to a rogue bot as a priest ama

Heroic Yoshimitsu
Jan 15, 2008

I just unpacked Odyn, I take every bad thing I said this expansion rules

mcbexx
Jul 4, 2004

British dentistry is
not on trial here!

Am I the only one thinking the activation zone for the Forge cards is a bit finicky, either to small or to slow to register?

A couple of times now I have dragged the card over the deck and cast the spell instead of forging it when letting go.

Edit: Dying to Mech Rogue on turn 4/5 without any real counterplay except for Starfish/Silence (which only gives you a brief respite) is getting old fairly quickly.

Sparkbot tokens to 2 mana?

mcbexx fucked around with this message at 23:31 on Aug 4, 2023

Yestermoment
Jul 27, 2007

mcbexx posted:

Am I the only one thinking the activation zone for the Forge cards is a bit finicky, either to small or to slow to register?

A couple of times now I have dragged the card over the deck and cast the spell instead of forging it when letting go.

It's felt comparable to tradable cards. But I've been doing it mostly with minions so far.

avantgardener
Sep 16, 2003

mcbexx posted:

Edit: Dying to Mech Rogue on turn 4/5 without any real counterplay except for Starfish/Silence (which only gives you a brief respite) is getting old fairly quickly.

Sparkbot tokens to 2 mana?

Feels like something will get nerfed. Hsreplay doesn't actually show it as being ridiculously high win rate but you can win on t3 if you draw right.

Strawberry Panda
Nov 4, 2007

Breakfast Defecting, Slow Dick Touching, Root Beer Barreling SwagVP

GTO posted:

Feels like something will get nerfed. Hsreplay doesn't actually show it as being ridiculously high win rate but you can win on t3 if you draw right.

Somehow I faced one who got two 7 7s on the board with DS and WF by turn 3 and was able to wipe them off them board before they did much damage.

Chernabog
Apr 16, 2007

LMAO, just managed to shuffle like 35 unending plagues into my opponent's deck.

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!
I think the biggest issues with Rogue are the stealth Sparkbots and the magnetic mech that copies itself at the end of the turn

Chernabog
Apr 16, 2007

I made it to d5 really fast with this list, I don't even run lab constructor because it is way too slow.
### Mech
# Year of the Wolf
#
# 2x (0) Preparation
# 2x (1) Click-Clocker
# 2x (1) Gear Shift
# 2x (2) Amalgam of the Deep
# 1x (2) Astalor Bloodsworn
# 2x (2) Eviscerate
# 2x (2) Invent-o-matic
# 1x (2) Pit Stop
# 2x (3) Beatboxer
# 2x (3) Metrognome
#
AAECAd75AwTipAW29gXq+gWh/AUN958E4bUEssEE9d0EwcMFz8gF2dAF1fYFv/cF5voF5/0Fuf4FvZ4GAAA=
#
# To use this deck, copy it to your clipboard and create a new deck in Hearthstone

Last King
Sep 29, 2007

Fun Shoe
when you don't have the cards to answer the mech rogue highroll, it feels bad but there are def. classes that are good counters to it. mage in particular feels incredibly strong right now - they just have it all.

then you've got the usual suspects (control priest, blood dk, control warriors) who want to play 20+ min. non games roping each turn, while only playing one / two cards. what fun it is do nothing except discover endless removal upon removal until your opponent's deck is empty!

Chernabog posted:

I made it to d5 really fast with this list, I don't even run lab constructor because it is way too slow.
### Mech
# Year of the Wolf
#
# 2x (0) Preparation
# 2x (1) Click-Clocker
# 2x (1) Gear Shift
# 2x (2) Amalgam of the Deep
# 1x (2) Astalor Bloodsworn
# 2x (2) Eviscerate
# 2x (2) Invent-o-matic
# 1x (2) Pit Stop
# 2x (3) Beatboxer
# 2x (3) Metrognome
#
AAECAd75AwTipAW29gXq+gWh/AUN958E4bUEssEE9d0EwcMFz8gF2dAF1fYFv/cF5voF5/0Fuf4FvZ4GAAA=
#

yo i want your rng because i'm facing endless mages, blood dks, priests, and pallies. where are my favorable rogue matchups? :smith:

Last King fucked around with this message at 02:30 on Aug 5, 2023

flatluigi
Apr 23, 2008

here come the planes
very annoyed that aquatic form and cultivation doesn't work the way I want it to

Firebert
Aug 16, 2004
I really like Feno's rogue list more than others I've played/versed so far

https://twitter.com/FenoHS/status/1687598648656363521

Illusionist pulling a 3 mana magnetic that drops an 8 drop is super solid and makes every mech that sticks a major threat even vs. control decks. Ignis in plague DK also felt really good, since the deck previously really lacked the ability to get the last 6-10 dmg vs. slower decks. The weapon is also obviously immune to dirty rat which is really nice.

avantgardener
Sep 16, 2003

Mech Rogue is a good climbing deck because you win fast, you can abandon lost games fast, but there's also a fair bit of decision-making to keep it engaging.

The Lord Bude
May 23, 2007

ASK ME ABOUT MY SHITTY, BOUGIE INTERIOR DECORATING ADVICE
Nothing quite like an opponent conceding when you smack em in the face with a 6/5 windfury minion on turn 2. I love mech rogue.

Boatswain
May 29, 2012
They are gonna nerf Rogue and then there'll be nothing left for the class :saddowns:

The Lord Bude
May 23, 2007

ASK ME ABOUT MY SHITTY, BOUGIE INTERIOR DECORATING ADVICE

Boatswain posted:

They are gonna nerf Rogue and then there'll be nothing left for the class :saddowns:

They’ll be out on the street, destitute and forced back into thievery.

peer
Jan 17, 2004

"if this deck is nerfed, rogue is 100% dead for sure", i repeat, as i have done every couple of months since 2014

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Szarrukin
Sep 29, 2021
I'm going to play mech rogue as much as I can before inevitable nerfhammer. I predict that next patch will butcher Lab Constructor and/or Mimiron.