Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Terper
Jun 26, 2012

Ado's a phenomenal singer and Tot Musica is incredible

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

Uta is not a Vtuber, she's a person.

Larryb
Oct 5, 2010

Still kind of a pity they got AmaLee to voice Uta in the dub but didn’t let her sing (she did later do some covers of the songs on her YouTube channel at least)

hatty
Feb 28, 2011

Pork Pro
The only thing that felt Vtubery in the movie was the lame 3D model they used for Uta during some of the music segments

Professor Wayne
Aug 27, 2008

So, Harvey, what became of the giant penny?

They actually let him keep it.
The 3d model they use to animate dancing reminds me of vtuber videos. I also saw it dubbed, and some of the voices really threw me off. Particularly Kizaru and Sanji sans his Brooklyn accent

Upsidads
Jan 11, 2007
Now and then we had a hope that if we lived and were good, God would permit us to be pirates

jassa posted:

As hatty pointed out last page, there is a spoiler thread. It was created a few months ago and is still open, though I think only one post in the thread was actually about the manga, lol.

https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?noseen=0&threadid=4029208&perpage=40&pagenumber=1#pti12

Edit: Oh lol, never mind. I think it's a thread for official release discussion only. The OP just sucked at making that clear.

Edit: vvvv Agreed, I support having a spoiler/leaks thread if only for the social experiment of seeing if anyone would stick with it.

Bookmarked! Thank you!

White Light
Dec 19, 2012

Professor Wayne posted:

I watched Film Red this week. I'm guessing how much you like that movie is proportional to how much you like J-pop and Vtuber stuff

Literally this ☝️

ZepiaEltnamOberon
Oct 25, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
I love VTubers and Jpop so Film Red was the GOAT for me.

Eiba
Jul 26, 2007

I have no interest in Jpop or VTubers and Film Red was still really good! I appreciated the music for what it was, and I liked the story and setting and all that.

Supersonic Shine
Oct 13, 2012

Waffleman_ posted:

I like when Luffy punch-a da bad guy. Mamma mia!
I can't believe Funkfreed is loving dead and Mario ate his Devil Fruit.

Julias
Jun 24, 2012

Strum in a harmonizing quartet
I want to cause a revolution

What can I do? My savage
nature is beyond wild

jassa posted:

As hatty pointed out last page, there is a spoiler thread. It was created a few months ago and is still open, though I think only one post in the thread was actually about the manga, lol.

https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?noseen=0&threadid=4029208&perpage=40&pagenumber=1#pti12

Edit: Oh lol, never mind. I think it's a thread for official release discussion only. The OP just sucked at making that clear.

Edit: vvvv Agreed, I support having a spoiler/leaks thread if only for the social experiment of seeing if anyone would stick with it.

That thread was made for people to post text spoilers/about the newest scanlated chapters in without needing to use spoiler tags, but nobody used it...

Ryaomon
Mar 19, 2007
Ask me about being a racist piece of shit with a racist gimmick
spoiler free discussion can go in the anime thread because no one watches that poo poo anyway lol

CatstropheWaitress
Nov 26, 2017

This thread seems to be a nice compromise, imo. Spoilers don't get talked about in the 2ish days they're bite sized sentence teasers, and then the thread becomes black bars for 2 days before the official release drops. Both spoiler readers and non have to sit with a couple of days of discomfort, but then we get the rest of the time to talk about important poo poo like the One Piece neck tier rankings.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k1E814kPzHw

Lpzie
Nov 20, 2006

Bluemillion posted:

One Piece also involves Lost Continents.

Yea!

Desumaytah
Apr 23, 2005

Intensity, .mpeg gritty, Intelligence
Non-joke latest chapter spoiler spec: That sky laser is somehow a waterfall. That's why the sea level rises. Compressed water or something. Either that or it's an energy source for some eldritch monster inside the planet that makes water. One piece rules.

Standard OP thread joke shitpost spoiler: Squardo Stabbed Oda Does It Again to Nanomachine Powerup Gin Sogeking isn't Usopp Crocomom Homer Simpson Chapter Picture

Desumaytah fucked around with this message at 22:24 on Aug 4, 2023

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!

Desumaytah posted:

Non-joke latest chapter spoiler spec: That sky laser is somehow a waterfall. That's why the sea level rises. Compressed water or something. Either that or it's an energy source for some eldritch monster inside the planet that makes water. One piece rules.

I think the idea is the sea level rises because so much water is displaced(ignore the fact that the island was already displacing water)

Nuebot
Feb 18, 2013

The developer of Brigador is a secret chud, don't give him money

Farg posted:

why would text spoilers being unreliable be a reason to not post. posting is a free and unlimited resource.

Because it, and lovely scan bad translations, have led to a lot of people arguing over what the "correct" translation or way to read something is and it's always stupid when it's like, a few hours/days wait for the better translation, or even official version.

Drakkel
May 6, 2007

IT'S LIKE I CAN TOUCH YOU!
This may be a hot take but nowadays I think the official translation is somehow the best. I still read TCB cause they come out several days faster but the dialogue always feels clunky in the scanlations which is a total reversal of how scans vs official used to be I feel.

SyntheticPolygon
Dec 20, 2013

I don't think that is especially hot and I imagine most in this thread just read both.

tbp
Mar 1, 2008

DU WIRST NIEMALS ALLEINE MARSCHIEREN
hmmm

Farg
Nov 19, 2013

Nuebot posted:

Because it, and lovely scan bad translations, have led to a lot of people arguing over what the "correct" translation or way to read something is and it's always stupid when it's like, a few hours/days wait for the better translation, or even official version.

right but what's the consequence of an argument. nothing

oddium
Feb 21, 2006

end of the 4.5 tatami age

that's rock, the yeti cool brother

tbp
Mar 1, 2008

DU WIRST NIEMALS ALLEINE MARSCHIEREN
looks a lot like bart k to me

Julias
Jun 24, 2012

Strum in a harmonizing quartet
I want to cause a revolution

What can I do? My savage
nature is beyond wild

Drakkel posted:

This may be a hot take but nowadays I think the official translation is somehow the best. I still read TCB cause they come out several days faster but the dialogue always feels clunky in the scanlations which is a total reversal of how scans vs official used to be I feel.

It can definitely be hit and miss. I would generally say the official is more accurate, but it can definitely read more stiff and sterile.

Both versions are miles ahead of the dogshit OPScans puts out though

oddium
Feb 21, 2006

end of the 4.5 tatami age

the translator's note from a couple chapters ago that was like. "and yet you own slaves mr celestial dragon?? you're absolutely cracked" was so funny. how can you hate that

White Light
Dec 19, 2012

They got any One Piece theme parks in Japan? Gotta be one around the Shinjuku area somewhere, the man practically dictates 10% of that country's GDP

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

There was one in the Tokyo Tower, but it closed down in 2020 due to the Covids.

ZepiaEltnamOberon
Oct 25, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022

Waffleman_ posted:

Magellan handing Luffy another L.

Professor Wayne
Aug 27, 2008

So, Harvey, what became of the giant penny?

They actually let him keep it.
I went to that in 2019. It was really cool to see a bunch of the original drawings on display. The attractions themselves weren't anything to write home about. They had life-sized statues of all the crew, and seeing their proportions in real life was a little disturbing

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

It was so sad watching them close the Tokyo Tower doors on Mr. 2 as he blocked COVID from getting out after the escaping visitors :smith:

White Light
Dec 19, 2012

Waffleman_ posted:

NoOoOoOo :gonk:

Scholtz
Aug 24, 2007

Zorchin' some Flemoids

Jerusalem posted:

It was so sad watching them close the Tokyo Tower doors on Mr. 2 as he blocked COVID from getting out after the escaping visitors :smith:

I, for one, believe the Punk Hazard leak theory

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

He's been tapping into Aunt May's bank account!
Didn't I kill him with a HELICOPTER?
The Five Elders orchestrated the destruction of the World Tra D. Center

ZepiaEltnamOberon
Oct 25, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022

Jerusalem posted:

Bon-chan... You'll always be my nakama!!!!

ZepiaEltnamOberon
Oct 25, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
Speaking of which Hachi's sort of an anomly cause I think he's the only former villian who, like, straight up owns up to what he did and tries to make amends.

Robin just joins, Bon Clay sacrifices himself, and they don't really show regret for their actions in distabilizing a kingdom (one run by a king who isn't a poo poo).

Duval was a loving slaver and now he's a bro.

Meanwhile everytime Hachi shows up he's like, "gently caress, Nami, I did terrible things to you." and when poo poo goes bad for him he's like, "Yeah this is what I deserve."

It's pretty unique to have a character like that in this series, I think.

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

What time should the anime episode should be dropping tomorrow? Wanna try and watch it before Crunchyroll goes up in flames like when UI Goku dropped.

Larryb
Oct 5, 2010

Electric Phantasm posted:

What time should the anime episode should be dropping tomorrow? Wanna try and watch it before Crunchyroll goes up in flames like when UI Goku dropped.

I think new episodes usually go up on Crunchyroll around 10 PM (EST)

Larryb fucked around with this message at 05:36 on Aug 5, 2023

Scholtz
Aug 24, 2007

Zorchin' some Flemoids

You'll probably have a better experience with :filez:, honestly. Especially with peer to peer.

..what? This is a manga for pirates! :yarr:

White Light
Dec 19, 2012

Holy bejesus

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IkpwnR-z8k8

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CommunityEdition
May 1, 2009

I miss combo attacks.