Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

F1DriverQuidenBerg
Jan 19, 2014

Somewhere down the line I feel like the Marc getting a tow thing went from being a psychological power move to something he absolutely has to do now to qualify decently and its just another small glimpse into of the level of desperation inside that team

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Slavvy
Dec 11, 2012

Yeah. Miserable sprint too, minor injuries have started to compound

harperdc
Jul 24, 2007

https://twitter.com/denkmit/status/1672907344420765697

That’s uh…some statement 😬

ROFLBOT
Apr 1, 2005
wow

cracks….

As usual great Moto3 race! Happy for Kelso

algebra testes
Mar 5, 2011

Lipstick Apathy
Binales.

ROFLBOT
Apr 1, 2005
Binjack

Chris Knight
Jun 5, 2002

me @ ur posts

Fun Shoe
lol typical Moto3 insanity, Ortola the comeback kid even with a last lap fuckup and a long lap, 20->4. Holy smokes.

Great Marquez-like save from Acosta too. Nice to see Ogura out there near the front, and a great first win from Dixon. Really looking forward to the 2nd half of the season now, especially if Ai can stay healthy.

Premier class was a bloodbath, RIP Binder lol. Nice ride from Aleix even without that penalty.

Chris Knight
Jun 5, 2002

me @ ur posts

Fun Shoe
lol
That's some passive-aggressive wording

Slavvy
Dec 11, 2012

Strong calm Hitler energy

Binder really in the bin with the stewards today, also great job from Aleix bringing it home with the busted wing

Russian Bear
Dec 26, 2007

Just catching up on this B weekend:

Bag man got it in the bag

Bez pals with Bag man

Binales lol

Binder blunder

Jack Binner

Assen is a cool rear end track.

Slavvy
Dec 11, 2012

Pirelli are replacing Dunlop in all the GP feeder classes as well as motoE. It'll make for an exciting couple of seasons in moto 2, be fascinating to see the bike changes, alterations in strategy and lap time improvements that ensue

F1DriverQuidenBerg
Jan 19, 2014

I doubt it'll happen but it would be a good opportunity for a new manufacturer/frame to jump into Moto3/Moto2.

Russian Bear
Dec 26, 2007

Jeeeeezus is summer break over yet.

F1DriverQuidenBerg
Jan 19, 2014

I thought the race was this weekend and press conference was today, what the ever loving gently caress did they do to the MotoGP app on Apple TV. I literally can not pull up any of the racing sessions or anything now. it's worse than useless.

harperdc
Jul 24, 2007

tony quidtana posted:

I thought the race was this weekend and press conference was today, what the ever loving gently caress did they do to the MotoGP app on Apple TV. I literally can not pull up any of the racing sessions or anything now. it's worse than useless.

They absolutely killed it, don’t think it has No Spoiler mode anymore even.

Next weekend is Silverstone, where apparently they’re bringing in tire pressure monitoring fully, so we’ll know after the race who has been Actually Cheating.

Slavvy
Dec 11, 2012

The pressure monitoring thing will be a fiasco imo. Some teams will be even more crippled than before and they'll undoubtedly do more band aid regulation before next season starts because Ducati will block any and all attempts to regulate the root of the problem.

F1DriverQuidenBerg
Jan 19, 2014

saw on twitter first violation is a warning and then incremental time penalties. I think there's going to be one really stupid race with a ton of penalties then they'll push it to next season or something.

Chris Knight
Jun 5, 2002

me @ ur posts

Fun Shoe

harperdc posted:

They absolutely killed it, don’t think it has No Spoiler mode anymore even.
Might be hidden until the next race? I'll wait and see but I don't have much hopes for them not completely loving this up.

F1DriverQuidenBerg
Jan 19, 2014

Chris Knight posted:

Might be hidden until the next race? I'll wait and see but I don't have much hopes for them not completely loving this up.

Just got a message on start up that straight up admitted they don't have spoiler free mode or the archive on the app and telling me to use the mobile or website version. Such a shitshow

Slavvy
Dec 11, 2012

Lol what a joke, raise the costs of a sub then provide a shittier service. Glad I decided to :filez: this year

the paradigm shift
Jan 18, 2006

https://the-race.com/motogp/major-motogp-rider-move-as-yamaha-signs-rins-from-lcr-honda/

official confirmation of rins to yamaha next year replacing morbidelli who presumably either finds a ride with vr46 or ends up in wsbk

Collateral Damage
Jun 13, 2009

They broke the web site as well. I can log in, but as soon as I navigate to another page I'm logged out again.

e: Apparently it works in incognito mode, so probably an extension that interfers with it. But it worked just fine before they redesigned it.

Collateral Damage fucked around with this message at 18:32 on Aug 2, 2023

Slavvy
Dec 11, 2012

the paradigm shift posted:

https://the-race.com/motogp/major-motogp-rider-move-as-yamaha-signs-rins-from-lcr-honda/

official confirmation of rins to yamaha next year replacing morbidelli who presumably either finds a ride with vr46 or ends up in wsbk

It'll be SBK imo, they need to replace toprak

Chris Knight
Jun 5, 2002

me @ ur posts

Fun Shoe

tony quidtana posted:

Just got a message on start up that straight up admitted they don't have spoiler free mode or the archive on the app and telling me to use the mobile or website version. Such a shitshow
JFC. How bad do have to be to deliberately gently caress up a simple app this badly?

Slavvy
Dec 11, 2012

There are two paths to profit

One is to make an accessible quality product

The other is to juice shareholder value using the minimum possible spend and incredibly optimistic projections

F1DriverQuidenBerg
Jan 19, 2014

Slavvy posted:

There are two paths to profit

One is to make an accessible quality product

The other is to juice shareholder value using the minimum possible spend and incredibly optimistic projections

If it was the later option they would've just left it as is.

My guess is that they had a contract with a developer for the app to roll something out by X date and the developer gave them what they had to avoid any penalties or whatever because the most common sense thing anybody could've told you was to not roll it out in this state.

Slavvy
Dec 11, 2012

Yes but someone in a boardroom somewhere promised X% increase in profits if they just overhauled the app, that's what put the developer in that situation in the first place

Obviously it was fine and doing nothing was the best option but that basically never happens because you can't promise to drastically increase profitability by doing nothing

Chris Knight
Jun 5, 2002

me @ ur posts

Fun Shoe
Lol it's so dumb

Slavvy
Dec 11, 2012

Lmfao trash

F1DriverQuidenBerg
Jan 19, 2014

Chris Knight posted:

Lol it's so dumb

The stupidest thing about this is almost everyone I know with video pass uses it primarily on Apple TV. Like surely they had some backend metrics that showed this and they still gave it the poo poo end of the stick lmao

Deeters
Aug 21, 2007

I checked and my Roku app is the same. I don't see a spoiler free mode in the Android app either

Russian Bear
Dec 26, 2007

Deeters posted:

I checked and my Roku app is the same. I don't see a spoiler free mode in the Android app either

Nooo they broke that one too? F.

Chris Knight
Jun 5, 2002

me @ ur posts

Fun Shoe
So Mir is potentially back for Silverstone and Rins goes to Yamaha next year. Never a dull moment.

F1DriverQuidenBerg
Jan 19, 2014

Has Mir fired his manager yet? lol

Chris Knight
Jun 5, 2002

me @ ur posts

Fun Shoe

motogp.com posted:

Is there a spoiler-free option?

Yes, our website’s VIDEOPASS section now displays all its content as “no-spoiler”, both in the titles and preview images.

In our official apps for iOS and Android devices, you can also set the VIDEOPASS section as your default page to access always without spoilers.
It's not very obvious from that answer, but check on the Watch tab, if you see All Videos and Videopass, there's a slider to set the default.

That's iOS so hopefully they didn't gently caress up the Android one too.

harperdc
Jul 24, 2007

I got an iOS app update yesterday that had the description “complete revamp of app,” lol. Think that was a carryover from before.

Poking at it quickly, it feels like the first version came out really half-baked. Now you can click that filter seen here on the right

Chris Knight posted:

It's not very obvious from that answer, but check on the Watch tab, if you see All Videos and Videopass, there's a slider to set the default.

That's iOS so hopefully they didn't gently caress up the Android one too.

And that’s the way to go browse the back catalog by year, by video type (Full Race), etc.

So they’re playing with how they present the information to you, but it should all still be there. Somehow. Let’s hope it’s fine this weekend.

the paradigm shift
Jan 18, 2006

the mess they're having seems to be with tv apps.

I agree with bt that zarco would be a good choice for lcr but lol at him going willingly

F1DriverQuidenBerg
Jan 19, 2014

https://twitter.com/matoxley/status/1687422963849498624?s=20

MotoGP really in its "lets just loving roll things out half baked and nowhere near ready but lets just do it anyways because we don't loving care" arc

the paradigm shift
Jan 18, 2006

tony quidtana posted:

https://twitter.com/matoxley/status/1687422963849498624?s=20

MotoGP really in its "lets just loving roll things out half baked and nowhere near ready but lets just do it anyways because we don't loving care" arc

what I can't figure out is why. championship is close, seasons have been better ever since honda hosed development because they lost marc. even if it's just going to be one of four guys on a ducati winning in the end is it really worth freaking out over the expected loss of eyes on the sport post rossi

not that they shouldn't do the tpms thing but it's just like test it first then announce morons no reason to go looking for hype

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

F1DriverQuidenBerg
Jan 19, 2014

I think Michelin probably forced this through because of the Pirelli WSBK thing but the TPMS thing was theoretically supposed to be in place at the start of the year so its just all very half assed and last minute. I get a lot of panicking/the wheels are coming off vibes from Dorna lately.