Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

bawfuls
Oct 28, 2009

Nodoze posted:

I hope the TJS fixed him, I really like Buehler
I do too, but it's his second TJS soooooo who knows. Last I read he was up to 94 in bullpen sessions so we'll see if he recovers the last few ticks of velo.

bawfuls fucked around with this message at 00:23 on Aug 5, 2023

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Darude - Adam Sandstorm
Aug 16, 2012

The Davis Schneider era has begun

RC and Moon Pie
May 5, 2011

Incitatus posted:

Well, the Trop isn't in Tampa, It's in St. Pete. Which means you have to deal with the bridge(s) and then the downtown area which bottlenecks quite a bit in areas. 7 o'clock games mean you get to deal with rush hour on the way there!

How about 1 p.m. on a Sunday? How's that traffic?

will_colorado
Jun 30, 2007

https://twitter.com/Razzball/status/1687609809603059712?s=20

triple sulk
Sep 17, 2014

The Philadelphia Phillies are dogshit garbage

Bird in a Blender
Nov 17, 2005

It's amazing what they can do with computers these days.

Sydin posted:

Yeah same honestly if this Cubs team can make it to the NLDS and then get absolutely flattened by the Braves I'd call it a well above pre-season expectations.

The Cubs even sniffing the playoffs was above expectations for me.

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

I thought the Cubs might top out at 80 wins. Looks like they will still do that but it's enough to compete in the nl central lmao go cubbies.

Sab0921
Aug 2, 2004

This for my justices slingin' thangs, rib breakin' kings / Truck, necklace, robe, gavel and things / For the solicitors seein' them dissents spin and grin / That robe with the lace trim that win.

triple sulk posted:

The Philadelphia Phillies are dogshit garbage

National League Champion Philadelphia Phillies* are dogshit garbage

triple sulk
Sep 17, 2014

Sab0921 posted:

:shuckyes:

Nissin Cup Nudist
Sep 3, 2011

Sleep with one eye open

We're off to Gritty Gritty land

Sab0921 posted:

Aaron Nola gently caress off

triple sulk
Sep 17, 2014

Nissin Cup Nudist posted:

Aaron Nola gently caress off

I hope they let him walk, he's loving awful

triple sulk
Sep 17, 2014

Absolutely dogshit team

Good Dog
Oct 16, 2008

Who threw this cat at me?
Clapping Larry
Are you guys talking about the utter dogshit team, buyers at the trade deadline rear end Angels? The ones that are further back and losing ground than other teams that sold at the deadline? teams that act like they have no chance?

I can only imagine the joy of being a fan of a real team that can simply root for Trout or Ohtani and watch highlights in awe and then go back to rooting for a team that has any hope of ever having success. What it must be like to be a fan of any of the 29 other teams in baseball.

Alfred P. Pseudonym
May 29, 2006

And when you gaze long into an abyss, the abyss goes 8-8

Good Dog posted:

Are you guys talking about the utter dogshit team, buyers at the trade deadline rear end Angels? The ones that are further back and losing ground than other teams that sold at the deadline? teams that act like they have no chance?

I can only imagine the joy of being a fan of a real team that can simply root for Trout or Ohtani and watch highlights in awe and then go back to rooting for a team that has any hope of ever having success. What it must be like to be a fan of any of the 29 other teams in baseball.

The Angels have won a World Series in your lifetime. Many of us have never seen our teams win a World Series.

DR FRASIER KRANG
Feb 4, 2005

"Are you forgetting that just this afternoon I was punched in the face by a turtle now dead?
My team has never even played in one.

maffew buildings
Apr 29, 2009

too dumb to be probated; not too dumb to be autobanned

Good Dog posted:

what are you talking about being an A's fan is a waking nightmare
Edit: which I am not, go Cubs go!

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

If you see this avatar while scrolling the succ zone, you have been visited by the mcmagic of shitty lib takes! Good luck and prosperity will come to you, but only if you reply "shut the fuck up mcmagic" to this post!

Disgusting. And the jersey with "judge" on the back is almost as bad.

live with fruit
Aug 15, 2010

Alfred P. Pseudonym posted:

The Angels have won a World Series in your lifetime. Many of us have never seen our teams win a World Series.

The Angels are the franchise I think of when people talk about emptying out their team's farm to win one World Series. The high doesn't last forever.

bawfuls
Oct 28, 2009

nothing last forever friend

Inspector_666
Oct 7, 2003

benny with the good hair

bawfuls posted:

nothing last forever friend

Flags fly forever, you know this.

Gorman Thomas
Jul 24, 2007

Yeah but their cultural destiny is The Team That Wasted The GOAT. People aren't going to think of the 2002 World Series when you mention the Angels 1000 years from now.

Kevlar v2.0
Dec 25, 2003

=^•⩊•^=

Many people are saying this

Alfred P. Pseudonym
May 29, 2006

And when you gaze long into an abyss, the abyss goes 8-8

live with fruit posted:

The Angels are the franchise I think of when people talk about emptying out their team's farm to win one World Series. The high doesn't last forever.

I would love to empty out the Rangers’ farm system for one World Series.

Kevlar v2.0
Dec 25, 2003

=^•⩊•^=

Every team ahead of the Cubs in the Wild Card race that played today also lost :toot:

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

i am watching an angels game and i'm absolutely stupefied that matt moore is still in the league

Sydin
Oct 29, 2011

Another spring commute

Kevlar v2.0 posted:

Every team ahead of the Cubs in the Wild Card race that played today also lost :toot:

Reds and Brewers lost too which was very nice of them.

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

are the angels still making their announcers call games at home from a monitor?

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

hmmm couldn't pick a better weekend for the braves to be in town

Sydin
Oct 29, 2011

Another spring commute

R.D. Mangles posted:

Look Arte isn't made of money okay?

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k

I would love to empty out the Rangers’ farm system for one World Series.

Hyrax Attack!
Jan 13, 2009

We demand to be taken seriously

R.D. Mangles posted:

At Sick’s Stadium, home of the Seattle Pilots, visiting team announcers had a use a mirror to see what happened to balls hit on the third base side.

Timby
Dec 23, 2006

Your mother!

R.D. Mangles posted:

The radio guys are at the stadium for home games. They call road games remotely from Angel Stadium, because Moreno doesn't want to pay travel costs (which, per The Athletic, come out to around $200,000 per season, for the entire radio team).

Popete
Oct 6, 2009

This will make sure you don't suggest to the KDz
That he should grow greens instead of crushing on MCs

Grimey Drawer
The Spanish radio broadcast is done by a guy at his house watching a stream.

Mr. Fix It
Oct 26, 2000

💀ayyy💀

i was afraid that Shohei, my best friend, was going to give the m's the Alvarez treatment when the Angels got their first to batters aboard in the bottom of the ninth. Luckily Brash remembered how to pitch and struck him and Cron out and got Moustakas to fly out. M's are 6 over .500 and the first team out of the last wildcard now

Kevlar v2.0
Dec 25, 2003

=^•⩊•^=

R.D. Mangles posted:

Hell yeah

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SH1CZ0SHscg

Big Mean Jerk
Jan 27, 2009

Well, of course I know him.
He's me.

R.D. Mangles posted:

You guys still get rain? I’ve forgotten what it even feels like at this point.

Popete
Oct 6, 2009

This will make sure you don't suggest to the KDz
That he should grow greens instead of crushing on MCs

Grimey Drawer
Chicago and much of the midwest is in a drought. The spring was very dry but we've been getting some decent downpours of late, still less than average.

Monathin
Sep 1, 2011

?????????
?

Good Dog posted:

buddy, I'm in the AL Central, what makes you think I'm a fan of a REAL team

Monathin fucked around with this message at 08:17 on Aug 5, 2023

Shrecknet
Jan 2, 2005

Gorman Thomas posted:

Yeah but their cultural destiny is The Team That Wasted The GOAT.
Twice! at the same time, even! :suicide:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Walked
Apr 14, 2003

live with fruit posted:

Being a mid-30s Orioles fan has been a lifelong exercise in pain, with a smattering of hopeful periods.

I'd really love to go to a World Series game in my lifetime.

But I do believe I'll be able to go to one before I hit 40 :smugbird: