Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: Buck Wildman)

uber_stoat
Jan 21, 2001

Pillbug
githyanki dragon riders vs mind flayers, they knew how to get things going at least.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Al!
Apr 2, 2010
Probation
Can't post for 5 hours!

the milk machine posted:

I have never played a balding gate and I've only done like a couple (very bad) d&d campaigns but as of a few hours in bg3 is really fun

balder's gate, poo poo it was right there all along

Lostconfused
Oct 1, 2008

uber_stoat posted:

githyanki dragon riders vs mind flayers, they knew how to get things going at least.

No they didn't, loving making me watch a boring rear end movie before letting me play.

I'd be more entertained if Irenicus threw me back into the dungeon and started ranting again.

Homeless Friend
Jul 16, 2007

uber_stoat posted:

actual badass intro ftw

Homeless Friend
Jul 16, 2007
sorry nerd D&D GTA owns. give me cgi babey

Homeless Friend
Jul 16, 2007
irenicus could never be rendered proper because his gimp suit would gently caress up the vibes real bad and ruin it

Lostconfused
Oct 1, 2008

You liking boring poo poo ain't my problem, but stay mad anyway.

Homeless Friend
Jul 16, 2007
irenicus is never happening again. its just true. the faster you accept. the faster you can accept fast and furious illithid

Frog Act
Feb 10, 2012

at least the whole cinematic was like a minute total they were fairly restrained all things considered

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Homeless Friend
Jul 16, 2007
since i had to restart ds2 due to sotfs i lolled again at the weird rear end intro cinematic they have and couldn't stop imaging it being a linkin park fmv

Al!
Apr 2, 2010
Probation
Can't post for 5 hours!
brain to high for any more reading, back to popping heads

comedyblissoption
Mar 15, 2006

games should start adding $10,000 cosmetics imo

Lostconfused
Oct 1, 2008

Isn't that just Star Citizen?

Goa Tse-tung
Feb 11, 2008

;3

Yams Fan
sicknasty intros for D&D have a long tradition: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=itBczNhHM3Y

also also Mods don't disable Steam cheevos, lets loving go

Mr. Lobe
Feb 23, 2007

... Dry bones...

Homeless Friend posted:

irenicus could never be rendered proper because his gimp suit would gently caress up the vibes real bad and ruin it

Gimp suit, what are you...

*one quick google search later*

Huh. How about that.

Communist Thoughts
Jan 7, 2008

Our war against free speech cannot end until we silence this bronze beast!

Bg3 and dos2 are both super fun if you have friends to play them with, but I dunno if I would recommend them solo unless you are into crpgs.
Theyr good but very crpgy

If you do have a group to play them with it's as close as you can get to an actual rpg campaign in videogame form tho

Mind you BG3 will already be pirateable to try since its on GoG

smarxist
Jul 26, 2018

by Fluffdaddy
127 gigs lmfao

christ i need more storage

palindrome
Feb 3, 2020

Storage so cheap now, $160 for a quality 2 TB nvme, less than half that for a 1 TB.

but yes, I hear it's all that uncompressed audio, not graphics textures anymore. :argh:

genericnick
Dec 26, 2012

Lmao, humble. Who, after clicking the cancel button two times and refusing a discount by pressing it a third time, changes his mind on the fourth "are you sure"? What's the thinking here?

genericnick has issued a correction as of 12:06 on Aug 5, 2023

Pepe Silvia Browne
Jan 1, 2007
Beat Snake Eater, do I play portable ops, peace walker, or 4 next?

Cuttlefush
Jan 15, 2014

gotta have my purp

Pepe Silvia Browne posted:

peace walker. portable ops only if you really really want to. but I'd still recommend peace walker first

I did snake eater -> portable ops -> peace walker and it was all right. just doesn't add anything you won't already have figured. And the weird stuff it does isn't really canon

Frosted Flake
Sep 13, 2011

Semper Shitpost Ubique

triple sulk posted:

in hindsight i can't believe the scores this game got at release. it was absolute dogshit

I thought some of Jack Wall’s music was good.

The world is ready for Jade Empire 2.

Koirhor
Jan 14, 2008

by Fluffdaddy
I wasn’t paying attention and pulled the wrong lever and launched a gnome 500 ft southward…he did not survive.

Robo Reagan
Feb 12, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

Koirhor posted:

I wasn’t paying attention and pulled the wrong lever and launched a gnome 500 ft southward…he did not survive.

mistakes in to miracles

Communist Thoughts
Jan 7, 2008

Our war against free speech cannot end until we silence this bronze beast!

I'd be more hyped for a jade empire 2 than I am for bg3 tbh

E on second thought, it'd be by modern bioware so maybe not

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

Liking Brotato more than Vampire Survivors so far, faster pace overall and you can really get in there and fist fight instead of dancing around. If anybody was on the fence, it just release on Switch and is a really good game for the platform and it's like 5 bucks

Goa Tse-tung
Feb 11, 2008

;3

Yams Fan

Koirhor posted:

OSHA fail, those levers shouldn't ever be labled that and be that close together

similarly: if you are a 90 pound weakling that can't deal 12 damage to Wood, don't roll a winebarrel in front of a loving door!

Frosted Flake
Sep 13, 2011

Semper Shitpost Ubique

Communist Thoughts posted:

I'd be more hyped for a jade empire 2 than I am for bg3 tbh

E on second thought, it'd be by modern bioware so maybe not

Somehow we've got to get it to Obsidian.

Followed by Alpha Protocol 2.

Unless
Jul 24, 2005

I art

palindrome posted:

but yes, I hear it's all that uncompressed audio, not graphics textures anymore. :argh:

Cuttlefush
Jan 15, 2014

gotta have my purp

Frosted Flake posted:

Somehow we've got to get it to Obsidian.

Followed by Alpha Protocol 2.

:pray:

Cuttlefush
Jan 15, 2014

gotta have my purp
wtf... chris avellone is credited as a writer for into the breach?

what in the gently caress

smarxist
Jul 26, 2018

by Fluffdaddy

Koirhor posted:

Svirfneblin Space Program

Bro Dad
Mar 26, 2010

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

I'M HAVING A HOOT EATING CORNETTE THE LONG WAY

They bring it back a couple times a year

Robo Reagan
Feb 12, 2012

by Fluffdaddy
demon souls remake is on ps plus and man with the audio and animation when youre doing well the game feels like playing an e3 trailer. havent managed to kill any dragons with my freaking mind yet tho

Jon Irenicus
Apr 23, 2008

YO ASSHOLE

Homeless Friend posted:

gently caress you I look great

croup coughfield
Apr 8, 2020
Probation
Can't post for 71 days!

Pepe Silvia Browne posted:

congrats and wb brother. peace walker for sure

Cuttlefush
Jan 15, 2014

gotta have my purp
peace walker is so fuckin good

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

croup coughfield
Apr 8, 2020
Probation
Can't post for 71 days!
pepe tell me all about your mgs3 experience