Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

smellmycheese
Feb 1, 2016

What does Barry Gardener think he’s achieving by appearing on this programme? He may as well be hanging upside down in the corner in a gimp suit with an apple in his mouth.

https://twitter.com/gbnews/status/1687535105374355472?s=46&t=m_nNbkNoHG4lLitcpyHReg

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nuclear Spoon
Aug 18, 2010

I want to cry out
but I don’t scream and I don’t shout
And I feel so proud
to be alive
gardiner's always been a bit of weirdo, not really sure what drives the guy

NotJustANumber99
Feb 15, 2012

somehow that last av was even worse than your posting
Barry gardener sounds like an I dunno Harry Enfield(?) Sketchshow stereotype titchmarsh take off

smellmycheese
Feb 1, 2016

Nuclear Spoon posted:

gardiner's always been a bit of weirdo, not really sure what drives the guy

A humiliation fetish by the look of it

Angepain
Jul 13, 2012

what keeps happening to my clothes
love how the radical leftist thought that deserves banishment to the corner and not even the basic dignity of being looked at is that labour would do a much better job of deporting people

The Question IRL
Jun 8, 2013

Only two contestants left! Here is Doom's chance for revenge...

crispix posted:

that depiction of edward II is - as with most things in the film - a total inversion of what's known from history because by all accounts he was big and burly, enjoyed hedging, ditching and greyhounds, was a massive practical joker and to the disdain of his contemporaries preferred to spend his time hanging out with labourers

a total lad

How could they possibly know this? Did he talk about this in his personal journals or something?

Or wait, you said, "hedging."
Never mind so.

smellmycheese
Feb 1, 2016

A real man of the people, addressing the grass roots issues that we can all relate to

Nuclear Spoon
Aug 18, 2010

I want to cry out
And I feel so proud
to be alive
[football crowd chanting] you're just a poo poo adrian chiles

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

Corgis love bread. And Puro

smellmycheese posted:

A real man of the people, addressing the grass roots issues that we can all relate to

It's impossible to tell if this is parody or real

Nuclear Spoon
Aug 18, 2010

I want to cry out
And I feel so proud
to be alive
it's real

smellmycheese
Feb 1, 2016

Gary Lineker kindly giving us a rare “and then everyone clapped” meme out in the wild

pitch a fitness
Mar 19, 2010

smellmycheese posted:

Gary Lineker kindly giving us a rare “and then everyone clapped” meme out in the wild

I doubt many remained seated.

The Question IRL
Jun 8, 2013

smellmycheese posted:

In fairness to him, Lineker given criticisms of horrible Government policy resulted in a disproportionate push back at him.
It stands to reason that people would publicly applaud him since the situation escalated so much.

Failed Imagineer
Sep 22, 2018
Commandant Jam continuing to be the only good British politician

https://twitter.com/jeremycorbyn/status/1687454940665450496?t=d7MnJqlNQwvwsQiz1MNydg&s=19

Usual melts in the replies

Also, perusing the Féile website and I think I found the new D&D Banner

smellmycheese
Feb 1, 2016

The Question IRL posted:

In fairness to him, Lineker given criticisms of horrible Government policy resulted in a disproportionate push back at him.
It stands to reason that people would publicly applaud him since the situation escalated so much.

The name of this poster? Albert Einstein

NotJustANumber99
Feb 15, 2012

smellmycheese posted:

The name of this poster? Albert Einstein

This is lame.

He didn't write the stupid headline he just said as part of a longer interview:

gary posted:

“What the boys did was incredible,” he said, referring to Wright and Shearer.

“It was incredibly moving. For me, as the person they stood up for, it meant a lot. I cried in the back of the taxi.”

He added: “I recall walking to M&S two or three days in, and I got a standing ovation… Well, I suppose everybody’s standing in M&S, but even so.

“It was really cringe. I didn’t know what to do. I just thought, ‘Please stop’.”

Jakabite
Jul 31, 2010

DreddyMatt posted:

As has happened countless times before.
We weren't all always city dwelling computer touchers, but society changed and so did people's way of life.

Having groups of people roll up into town and set up camp on school field for a while doesn't really work anymore.

Or I'm turbo Hitler.

Yeah I remember when the government rounded up everyone who lives in the countryside and said oi if you don’t live in the city and get a job in cyber I’ll take your kids away from you and throw you in prison, and what’s more I remember it was roundly hailed as a good and great thing to do.

loving idiot.

The Question IRL
Jun 8, 2013

Failed Imagineer posted:

Commandant Jam continuing to be the only good British politician

https://twitter.com/jeremycorbyn/status/1687454940665450496?t=d7MnJqlNQwvwsQiz1MNydg&s=19

Usual melts in the replies

Also, perusing the Féile website and I think I found the new D&D Banner

Not just the usual melts. The best one was this.

https://twitter.com/NIPDroid/status/1687480410136059904?t=bKGv0MzGCrCke0WlUcXbcA&s=19

(For those who can't read it, it's someone being "Imagine that no one died during the Troubles. Think of how different things would be.")

smellmycheese
Feb 1, 2016

“Troubles” is such a hilariously bad euphemism, used by both sides to a degree. It’s like describing your house being burnt down as “the warmth”

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

Jakabite posted:

Yeah I remember when the government rounded up everyone who lives in the countryside and said oi if you don’t live in the city and get a job in cyber I’ll take your kids away from you and throw you in prison, and what’s more I remember it was roundly hailed as a good and great thing to do.

loving idiot.

I mean the most similar comparison to that would be enclosure and the deliberate displacement of people into the cities to work in the new industries.

Which famously was a great time and everyone was better off.

Jakabite
Jul 31, 2010
Tbh the best pithy response I’ve come up with to ‘you might say it’s wrong to hate them but every time they come here they leave a trail of crime and litter’ is ‘yeah, I’d probably do the same if everyone treated me like a subhuman. Wouldn’t you?’

Crust First
May 1, 2013

Wrong lads.
All the arguments I've heard in this country about how awful the GRT "way of life" or whatever is is the same poo poo I heard from virulently racist assholes in America about how only "the blacks" who "won't integrate" were the bad ones. "These people have a culture different from mine in some way? Eradicate them, but socially! Really if you think about it the real racists are everyone else."

For some people it's impossible to comprehend that anyone could live a different life from you and still be a perfectly lovely person, and that maybe if not for the bristling assholes that they encounter everywhere they go they wouldn't have such a negative view of everyone outside of their own group? Not everyone seems to appreciate the difference between "I had a negative interaction with a few people from this minority" and "I am constantly on guard because everywhere I go I have negative interactions with people because I am a minority".

feedmegin
Jul 30, 2008

DreddyMatt posted:

Having groups of people roll up into town and set up camp on school field for a while doesn't really work anymore.

Mate that happens all the time, we call them 'circuses'.

Edit: I assume you want to abolish them too, btw, as not being compatible with modern British life? I mean they travel from place to place without having a fixed place of abode too, just like Travellers. Or for ~some reason~ is that different?

feedmegin fucked around with this message at 15:26 on Aug 5, 2023

Nuclear Spoon
Aug 18, 2010

I want to cry out
And I feel so proud
to be alive
why, there's been a circus in this very thread for the last 2 days

Jedit
Dec 10, 2011

Proudly supporting vanilla legends 1994-2014

Jakabite posted:

Tbh the best pithy response I’ve come up with to ‘you might say it’s wrong to hate them but every time they come here they leave a trail of crime and litter’ is ‘yeah, I’d probably do the same if everyone treated me like a subhuman. Wouldn’t you?’

I unfollowed someone on Twitch yesterday after their moderator literally said that GRTs weren't human. And that's a correct and proper use of "literally". loving vile.

Angepain
Jul 13, 2012

what keeps happening to my clothes

Crust First posted:

Not everyone seems to appreciate the difference between "I had a negative interaction with a few people from this minority" and "I am constantly on guard because everywhere I go I have negative interactions with people because I am a minority".

Another fun one is the difference between "just because I am a minority people often verbally abuse me in a threatening way, highlighting the power dynamic between us in society and using it for intimidation" and "just because I promote hate against a minority, people call me rude words like 'bigot', which is basically the same"

crispix
Mar 28, 2015

Grand-Maman m'a raconté
(Les éditions des amitiés franco-québécoises)

Hello, dear

The Question IRL posted:

How could they possibly know this? Did he talk about this in his personal journals or something?

Or wait, you said, "hedging."
Never mind so.

other people wrote down things about him, op, on account of him being king of england

smellmycheese
Feb 1, 2016

https://twitter.com/drjftfernandes/status/1687543727512752129?s=46&t=m_nNbkNoHG4lLitcpyHReg

Jakabite
Jul 31, 2010
Should’ve let her bleed out

happyhippy
Feb 21, 2005

Playing games, watching movies, owning goons. 'sup
Pillbug
Need more information.
If the head wound is really hosed up, and you are going in and out of consciousness, you are not in your right mind.

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

Quite possibly but I would like to think that were I to lose my inhibitions due to a head injury it would not lead to me doing racism at people.

MonkeyLibFront
Feb 26, 2003
Where's the cake?

OwlFancier posted:

Quite possibly but I would like to think that were I to lose my inhibitions due to a head injury it would not lead to me doing racism at people.

Ever seen the videos of those coming out of dental surgery where they say the most inappropriate things? It's almost like a tourette's.

kecske
Feb 28, 2011

it's round, like always

Jakabite posted:

Should’ve let her bleed out

:chloe:

NotJustANumber99
Feb 15, 2012

Yeah maybe we should just advocate for her death anyway, just in case.

Z the IVth
Jan 28, 2009

The trouble with your "expendable machines"
Fun Shoe

MonkeyLibFront posted:

Ever seen the videos of those coming out of dental surgery where they say the most inappropriate things? It's almost like a tourette's.

It doesn't change your personality, just your inhibitions so they're just racist shits deep down inside.

It's just like dementia winds back the clock so when they hit 1940 they start going n***** n***** all the way. You always hear about the insanely racist stuff that demented patients spout.

MonkeyLibFront
Feb 26, 2003
Where's the cake?

Z the IVth posted:

It doesn't change your personality, just your inhibitions so they're just racist shits deep down inside.

It's just like dementia winds back the clock so when they hit 1940 they start going n***** n***** all the way. You always hear about the insanely racist stuff that demented patients spout.

It's not being drunk, serious head injuries can cause personality shifts be they short or long term.

Jakabite
Jul 31, 2010
Maybe that was a bit far of me, sorry. That’s what lack of sleep and over abundance of people demanding things of me does

happyhippy
Feb 21, 2005

Playing games, watching movies, owning goons. 'sup
Pillbug
Again, nmi.

She could be the Gammon Queen of the UK sure.
Or just suffering oxygen loss/trauma thats scrambling her mind.
What gave her the head wounds?

A quantum Nigel Farage

Z the IVth
Jan 28, 2009

The trouble with your "expendable machines"
Fun Shoe

MonkeyLibFront posted:

It's not being drunk, serious head injuries can cause personality shifts be they short or long term.

Yes they can cause personality shifts but they don't magically make you know how to make racist remarks unless it's something you already knew how to do but had the good sense not to.

The famous Phineas Gage took rebar through his prefrontal cortex and lost his inhibitions leading to his personality shift but it's fairly well document how and why it happened.

I don't think any amount of brain damage is going to turn a Jeremy Corbyn into a Boris Johnson. It might turn him into a Mao or Deng though.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

kecske
Feb 28, 2011

it's round, like always

two time NBA all-star Luol Deng?