Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

padijun
Feb 5, 2004

murderbears forever

haypliss posted:

They really should've just designed characters like March and Natasha with inherent DEF/HP scaling to their damage to begin with, so they could make some small contribution to team damage without needing high Eidolons (which still are just a bandaid). There are enough stats in the game that you're still juggling build options even if ATK weren't part of the equation.

That’s like saying they should have given hunt characters better defense and hp

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

haypliss posted:

They really should've just designed characters like March and Natasha with inherent DEF/HP scaling to their damage to begin with, so they could make some small contribution to team damage without needing high Eidolons (which still are just a bandaid). There are enough stats in the game that you're still juggling build options even if ATK weren't part of the equation.
i mean
atk isnt part of the equation for march and natasha

Fhqwhgads
Jul 18, 2003

I AM THE ONLY ONE IN THIS GAME WHO GETS LAID
Trying to build Sushang and so I better understand substats on relics, I went all in on these speed boots and overall would this be considered ideal for her (as someone who isn't a whale)?

Edit: I don't know how I'm going to get over 70% Crit rate. It's only at 43%.

Fhqwhgads fucked around with this message at 18:05 on Aug 5, 2023

haypliss
Oct 2, 2022

Endorph posted:

i mean
atk isnt part of the equation for march and natasha

The point being supports juggle enough other stats without caring about ATK, that letting them also get damage from their main heal/shield stats won't suddenly break them into monstrously effective supports who deal tons of damage. They just get to rise to a level like Luocha where it's not utterly depressing to see them attack.

padijun posted:

That’s like saying they should have given hunt characters better defense and hp

I don't see what the issue is with letting more characters just be like Luocha or Trailblazer and gain some damage benefit from their main stat. Neither of them are singlehandedly destroying the game and thinking about their builds does not frustrate me like March wanting so many stats and then still having piddly damage, especially as a counter character.

Mile'ionaha
Nov 2, 2004

Fhqwhgads posted:

Trying to build Sushang and so I better understand substats on relics, I went all in on these speed boots and overall would this be considered ideal for her (as someone who isn't a whale)?

No, they are terrible, you can give them to me immediately.

Also I think that the 70% crit rate may be impractical for many characters unless they have it built into their traces or eidolons. Or you just have to get stupid lucky on every single piece of Relic

Zurai
Feb 13, 2012

Wait -- I haven't even voted in this game yet!

A crit rate chest and the set bonus for the racetrack set gives you 40% without even considering substats or traces.

Canopus250
Feb 18, 2005

You guys are taking me along this time? Right? Wait Shaundi is going? This is bullshit man!

I finally got my first energy regen rope today off the bonus drops, huzzah

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

haypliss posted:

I don't see what the issue is with letting more characters just be like Luocha or Trailblazer and gain some damage benefit from their main stat. Neither of them are singlehandedly destroying the game and thinking about their builds does not frustrate me like March wanting so many stats and then still having piddly damage, especially as a counter character.
but why does march want so many stats
she just wants defensive stats

Genovera
Feb 13, 2014

subterranean
space pterodactyls

I beat MoC 10!

haypliss
Oct 2, 2022

Endorph posted:

but why does march want so many stats
she just wants defensive stats

If you want her ult to be much use you'd also be looking at EHR and ERR, and there's speed to account for.

Meowywitch
Jan 14, 2010

Fight for all that is beautiful in the world

let us all, together, build a better Sushang

Futaba Anzu
May 6, 2011

GROSS BOY

posts literally the best substat boots you could ever conceivably want on sushang, idk they might be alright i guess lol

Futaba Anzu
May 6, 2011

GROSS BOY

i'm sorry that came off too biting, yes they are very good, bis in fact for sushang

Meowywitch
Jan 14, 2010

dude somebody at mihoyo is loving obsessed with plays

Bad Video Games
Sep 17, 2017

haypliss posted:

If you want her ult to be much use you'd also be looking at EHR and ERR, and there's speed to account for.

This is like when I was complaining about Break Effect Silver Wolf all over again.

Give March the 4 piece knight set with an EFH chest, speed boots and the 2 piece Belobog set. If you want you can put the EFH 2 piece instead but you're sacrificing 30% defense for 10% EFH and an attack boost. Give her an ER rope if you want, which you can make for free. She probably needs the regen less than most and would benefit more from a Defense rope and orb instead.

Her E4, which everyone will get eventually, gives her a bonus to her follow up attacks that scales on her defense so just stack that as much as possible.

Futaba Anzu posted:

i'm sorry that came off too biting, yes they are very good, bis in fact for sushang

If she's E6 she would prefer attack boots instead, but they are great.

Bad Video Games fucked around with this message at 23:23 on Aug 5, 2023

Zenostein
Aug 16, 2008

:h::h::h:Alhamdulillah-chan:h::h::h:

Meowywitch posted:

It felt like that storyteller event had more text than the actual patch content.

Thank god it was just 3 parts, not sure I would've had the time to dig through much more.

Meowywitch
Jan 14, 2010

oh cool I think I got a good relic for Sushang too. lets see.

e: nice!

Meowywitch fucked around with this message at 23:27 on Aug 5, 2023

Ytlaya
Nov 13, 2005

I used my BP resin on an ER% ornament (from the new crit rate set) for Blade.

The substats/rolls...weren't great, but could have been much worse. They started out kinda decent (ATK%, flat ATK, CRIT%) and then I got Break Effect as my final substat. But then all my rolls (except the last which I haven't done yet) went into ATK%. It'll be a really good ornament for someone who scales fully off of ATK, at least! Shame there's no HP mixed in.

Bad Video Games
Sep 17, 2017

DPS Tingyun! :allears:

https://youtu.be/qa_N5TzFIP8

DancingShade
Jul 26, 2007

by Fluffdaddy

haypliss posted:

The future 4-stars will do stuff like that, probably. Starter ones are meant to be replaced even if they're quite servicable.

Bad Video Games
Sep 17, 2017

DancingShade posted:

The future 4-stars will do stuff like that, probably. Starter ones are meant to be replaced even if they're quite servicable.

They'll probably just continue to put it in their eidolons, like they already do.

Kale
May 14, 2010

I feel like Tingyun fits the always twirling motif more than Herta even though she has the meme to the point where they made a toy out of it.

Guessing there's going to be a Kafka trailer at midnight. Maybe one of the games more polarizing characters. Either people are REALLY into her whole OMGMOMMYLOLOLOL gimmick and really vocal about it or they figure they laid it on a little thick with her personality and vocal fry in the English version and are kind of :rolleyes: about it it feels. I'm curious to see how over the top they make her trailer and if it's like Yelan's from Genshin or something a little more standard.

Mile'ionaha
Nov 2, 2004

Meowywitch posted:

The FF6 opera scene was foundational for a lot of people.

Kale posted:

I feel like Tingyun fits the always twirling motif more than Herta even though she has the meme to the point where they made a toy out of it.

Achilles stood before the hosts of Troy and said to them:
"Kuru kuru"

Mile'ionaha fucked around with this message at 17:25 on Aug 6, 2023

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k
I have beat up an ice planet and I got a spear

cool

big cummers ONLY
Jul 17, 2005

I made a series of bad investments. Tarantula farm. The bottom fell out of the market.

Even though Lance MC is great for F2P, she's going back to baseball bat as soon as I pull another tank. The baseball bat is too good a vibe. Idgaf about how she compares to Sushang or Clara. A lady who beats rear end with a bat is perfect character design.

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k
It's extremely stylish, correct

silvergoose
Mar 18, 2006

IT IS SAID THE TEARS OF THE BWEENIX CAN HEAL ALL WOUNDS

Mile'ionaha posted:

The FF6 opera scene was foundational for a lot of people.

this is an extremely good point

haypliss
Oct 2, 2022
1.3 kit leaks Well the reason I even bothered to complain about support scaling is that the current Fu Xuan and Lynx kits have their normal attacks scaling off HP, as well as FX's HP-scaling ult damage. So it's probably no longer an issue. Still unfortunate for the existing characters they made without this incredibly basic, sensible design.

MoonCrab
Nov 19, 2014

A mildly pertubed emoji face
Alright, gonna need some honesty here. I've been slacking hard on the main quest, in the hopes of playing it on ps5. But today I noticed that one of the limited time events requires completion of "so and so" main quest. If I'm currently at the first meeting with the deer, do I have any hope of making it in time for the event? And if I do, do I have any hopes of completing it? I only really need the gem rewards, not the character and gear mats from the higher difficulties. It's not as if I have any characters to build, ha haa...

JT Jag
Aug 30, 2009

#1 Jaguars Sunk Cost Fallacy-Haver

MoonCrab posted:

Alright, gonna need some honesty here. I've been slacking hard on the main quest, in the hopes of playing it on ps5. But today I noticed that one of the limited time events requires completion of "so and so" main quest. If I'm currently at the first meeting with the deer, do I have any hope of making it in time for the event? And if I do, do I have any hopes of completing it? I only really need the gem rewards, not the character and gear mats from the higher difficulties. It's not as if I have any characters to build, ha haa...
FYI, you can use a PS5 controller to play on PC

sushibandit
Feb 12, 2009

MoonCrab posted:

The "unlock" quest is the end of the currently available main questline content which was just expanded in the last update. Think it took me like ~4 hours to do the whole thing start to finish? I wasn't burning super hard for the completion or anything and carefully explored every zone for drops and elite mobs and stuff, so it could likely be done in bit less time.

Actually about to start that limited time event myself right now, to see if it's like other SR/GI events that can all be burned down in a single setting.

Zenostein
Aug 16, 2008

MoonCrab posted:

I think you've got like a day and change?e: 14 hours The patch quest probably takes 2–3 hours, depending on how much you want to read all the text. But that depends on you having decently leveled characters for whatever world level you're at, because it also introduces obnoxious bullshit like "enemy that'll keep summoning more dudes if there's space."

The event itself is maybe the same amount of text and running back and forth, but there's 3 "chapters" of that (which requires running through 3 of the 6 event stages), at which point it stops and you just have the last 3 stages. The event stages themselves are easy enough, I got all the gems by using the trial characters (two per stage) and two suitable guys and just putting it on auto.

It's definitely doable, but you might be incredibly cross the entire time.

Relatedly: probably only the stuff in the limited-time rewards section for the museum are limited, right? Don't really feel like finishing up its storyline/management.

Zenostein fucked around with this message at 19:45 on Aug 6, 2023

MoonCrab
Nov 19, 2014

A mildly pertubed emoji face
Big sigh, thats kinda what I figured. The main quest being a couple hours if I can control the urge to wander around scavenging for chests seems doable, but I was kinda sorta hoping that the event was more along the lines of the boxing club or something. Oh well, at least it doesn't seem to be museum level. You win some you lose some :v:

JT Jag posted:

FYI, you can use a PS5 controller to play on PC

The controls aren't actually the problem this time! It's just that the only relevant hardware I have atm are: ps5 (good and cool), decent android phone (ok but no controller), derelict laptop that struggles with 1080p videos (yikes!). I have considered buying a new, non-rerelict laptop, but it works for what I need it for and I've got enough games on consoles so eh.

Ytlaya
Nov 13, 2005

I find that mobile controls are perfectly fine on this (and in some ways better - it's easier to use character's ults). Unlike Genshin it's not exactly an action game.

The main downside is the worse graphics/sound vs my PC (or a PS5 if someone were playing on that).

sushibandit
Feb 12, 2009

Storytime event only took like 2 hours to burn through. Not gonna redo any of them to get "perfect" scores either, the 3rd tier of reward on each is more than good enough. My account isn't whale enough to go for the epeen tier rewards on all, especially the one with the lovely annoying restriction robot.

GateOfD
Jan 31, 2023

by Fluffdaddy

(and can't post for 4 days!)

iPad is perfect for this game

Zenostein
Aug 16, 2008

Ytlaya posted:

I find that mobile controls are perfectly fine on this (and in some ways better - it's easier to use character's ults). Unlike Genshin it's not exactly an action game.

The main downside is the worse graphics/sound vs my PC (or a PS5 if someone were playing on that).

It's way easier to use ults with a controller, since pressing L2 pauses the game. Makes it cake to pop something off even at 2x without it falling behind say, a boss's next attack that'll definitely murder everyone. Certainly better than tapping at an ult/hunt action/robot button and hoping it goes through, or tapping twice to bring the ult display up when someone's in the middle of their animation.

Also it's annoying how much of the screen becomes a deadzone when there's a popup to interact with something. Just so happens to cover where I'd be using my thumb to move the camera.

They're definitely fine, but it's a lot easier with a keyboard or controller.

sushibandit posted:

Storytime event only took like 2 hours to burn through. Not gonna redo any of them to get "perfect" scores either, the 3rd tier of reward on each is more than good enough. My account isn't whale enough to go for the epeen tier rewards on all, especially the one with the lovely annoying restriction robot.

Yeah, I'm perfectly happy with my slate of A's. I am slightly curious as to why the auto got better scores than when I tried myself, but I'm just going to chalk that up to a good combination of buffs and the auto's insistence on using ults as soon as possible.

Ytlaya
Nov 13, 2005

GateOfD posted:

iPad is perfect for this game

This post prompted me to finally get a tablet (Samsung one in my case since it's cheaper than the iPad equivalent and I'm more familiar with android), since it'd really be nice to have one for a variety of reasons (playing this game on it it being pretty low on the list, but still a nice bonus). It'd mainly be nice to be able to chill on my bed while playing games or whatever while also being able to use something more convenient than my phone for browsing the internet or whatever.

Zenostein posted:

It's way easier to use ults with a controller, since pressing L2 pauses the game. Makes it cake to pop something off even at 2x without it falling behind say, a boss's next attack that'll definitely murder everyone. Certainly better than tapping at an ult/hunt action/robot button and hoping it goes through, or tapping twice to bring the ult display up when someone's in the middle of their animation.

Yeah I guess that actually makes sense; I didn't realize it paused like that. It's pretty easy to get used to the mobile controls, though; there's no ambiguity where you can hit the wrong button.

I'd still prefer playing actual story content on something like the PS5 for a variety of reasons, though (namely the better visuals/performance). I just don't want to have to bother playing it on the big screen for stuff like running daily content - it's convenient to be able to just let that run on auto on my phone.

Bad Video Games
Sep 17, 2017

Can this game run on an Amazon Fire tablet?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GateOfD
Jan 31, 2023

by Fluffdaddy

(and can't post for 4 days!)

Fhqwhgads posted:

Go with the 50% crit one since Sushang has few sources of natural crit