Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

im depressed lol
Mar 12, 2013

cunts are still running the show.

Gravitas Shortfall posted:

Goon4Dead was a LOT of fun, despite/because of how loving terrible I was. Pubstomping was fun, Goon v. Goon was fun, but the most fun was various people using HLDJ to play stupid songs so loudly during vs matches that you could barely hear the audio queues. Speedrunning Hard Rain map 1 to the Great Escape theme was pure joy,

That and hearing "I just died in your arms tonight" as you watched the last survivor getting mauled to death by a Hunter. :allears:

I'm still friends with some goons who played left4dead2! I never joined goon4dead though, I found goons through left4dead2 quickplay lobbies. Ya learn things about people from talking to people! Ask 'how did you do that!?', be humble etc.

I got into promod/CONFOGL a bit. Was never the best- would sometimes spec scrims, never made a 'team'- I can't hang too long with the top players & don't get too into the 'bragging rights' thing as motivation. I would play PUG's though- sometimes with some of the best though! I'd usually try to play properly, but... I'm weird & I would just go for the dumbest stylish "probably won't loving work but hell yeah!" poo poo in PUG's all the time- it was FUN. I was a goofy idiot; fun to play with.

Confogl/Promod was IMMEASURABLY more well balanced and designed than vanilla l4d2 vs. ever could be. Vanilla vs. is an incredibly casual mode- it's not well designed! But if ya asked around, talked to people in that mode maybe someone would see you loved the game and would throw you a lifeline. Then you get invited to like... a vent or mumble, they have a private server that runs mods etc. And then you were playing the game with expert strats with players who knew WHY those strats were important, why the balance changes in Confogl/Promod were made. I made friends/interacted with mod-makers, picked their brains etc.. I was never the best at that game, but we had some great nights playing it. In fact, some of my clips from early days of OW1... the battletags in this video (embedd down below, it looks better on youtube though) have some goons in there. Even the Masters matches sometimes; not even friends with them on battlenet! But I knew they were a friend of a friend from l4d2, I hosed around with them in Overwatch QP a few times but we never clicked personality-wise so why force a friendship just based purely on a shared interest? Nice guys though, no shade! But, the main reason why I hate that loving ladder in this game is at the metal-ranks (I was in plat for like.... 5 games!? I don't remember- I shot out quick!) I know about the experience in those ranks because I like to talk to people who are there because like... why are we making people want to 'win it for the team' when a lot of the people on your team at those ranks are loving assholes?

Season 04/05, OW1 Comp - Best Sleeps
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BEjcWDmlodc
I spent 2 months in 2017 on that video BTW. The video part took like... 4 hours? But learning how to vaguely auto-tune Ana's voice- no AI tools back then to do it for me- I wanted to learn it by myself. It sounds a bit grating-warped. I didn't want to buy a program or pirate one- just used open source tools. ....that took 2 months of casual learning! So, it's kinda goofy maybe cringe; I don't know I consider my posting/gameplay/most of what I do when I gently caress around online an artistic expression of sorts. Sure, maybe all my posting is cringe! I don't care, because for whatever reason we've developed a culture where we shame people for liking things too much unless they're a world-class elite expert in the field. I dunno, maybe, google it?

im depressed lol posted:

But then this Masters support player says "why did you swap to pharrah? don't you know torb counters pharrah?"-

I figured out this player pretty quick. Great player, knows their mains, devours every tip from great players at the top of those stairs. I was very curious why a person at Masters would have a Plat brain....

.....they queue at 4-5am and the comp ladder gets 'flakey' there sometimes; oh yeah I have thought about those kind of stairs... a lot; look at the date on those clips from that movie of the stairwell (it's not just a dumb joke about vidya games!). I don't know if they were doing it intentionally; maybe that's the only time they get to play! Maybe they're in college or their work hours suck; I don't know- I don't care. I'm not mad at that person! I'm not gonna name/shame or whatever, they're playing a loving video game.

It's just... that ladder has a very loving weird meta until you hit.... Masters? That's when I felt everyone kinda "understood" some of the really good strats the Overwatch community's brain-trust was cooking up. That was at least the case in OW1... season's 2 to 6? A VERY weird metal-rank psychological minefield of a meta. I doubt human behavior has changed very much since OW1's release.

*intermission*

Hey, I asked Chat-GPT to summarize all my posts in this thread in case reading weird artful-meta-garbage-meandering-sometimes-performative prose wasn't your thing. Notes taken, continuously improve etc. Not 100% the heart of it, maybe 86%? 545? Good enough, ya ain't gotta read that poo poo, the computer did it for ya!:

code:
gently caress every stupid oval office in this game
who has ever treated
that genius design of a support
like garbage because they think it's fine
to yell at the automated heal turret
if they think it's just jammed &
not a human being
I HAVE NO MOUTH AND MUST SCREAM BE ANA AMARI

You think a guy like me 100% feels that way? No, but I talk to people; I sometimes make funny words/things on the computer. And if I was in a PUG environment like the other communities I played games in... and some one talked to me the way people talked to me on those stairs (rarely, but they did), or the stories I hear from genuinely nice people in those metal-ranks- they would disappear and never play with us again if it was consistent behavior. I'd just flood comms with so much angry rambling about their trash behavior or whatever they'd never be able to even hear themselves think.

Edit: Oh yeah, I make weird posts... kinda on purpose(?) because I know how people post on SA, on the internet in general. it's all call-out culture T R A S H. they will not read a whole post, then look for one tiny bit they don't agree with- maybe they felt personally attacked? if you're reading this thread buddy, you're not my enemy! but certain types... will not read a whole post and act Mr. Know-it-all about it. I don't get mad at that poo poo, maybe you're busy and don't like reading and feel it's all a bunch of bullshit! hell, i get that! but yeah I like to make people work to interpret poo poo I make sometimes.

If you know that joke, about the 'famous clown' the doctor suggests to a guy.... whose out of sorts... looking for answers.... my username here is a play on that joke BUT DOCTOR, I AM DEPRESS-

im depressed lol fucked around with this message at 16:46 on Aug 2, 2023

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Aexo
May 16, 2007
Don't ask, I don't know how to pronounce my name either.
Goon4Dead was the poo poo! I played so many games with folks from there. :allears:

im depressed lol
Mar 12, 2013

Yeah you get it! Community! Fun poo poo, similar senses of humor, they gently caress up- laugh it off! They need to improve in l4d2 and they want to put in some work? Pull up a hunter-skeeting training map or something!

im depressed lol posted:

some of my clips from early days of OW1... the battletags in this video (embedd down below, it looks better on youtube though) have some goons in there.

"Don't test my reflexes."
I slow it down, zoom in so you see exactly why this sleep was kinda neat on a blading genji- basketball-sized collision hitbox on sleep-darts but it was pretty far away (if you don't wanna let it loop so the quality gets better I could upload to youtube? doesn't mean that much to me but hey! if somebody wants it) you would not believe how many times I had to explain why when I show certain people that clip of lifeweaver (quoted below) blocking junkerqueen's ult with in a match with tree is K I N DA loving COOL... certain people just think things are "cool" in this game if it has that PotG opener- if a Top 500 & up doesn't wanna see that poo poo I get it... but a loving gold or bronze!? THEY WATCH CLIPS AND DON'T EVEN PAY ATTENTION- I HAVE TO TELL THEM WHY THE TREE WAS COOL- THEY DONT EVEN NOTICE IT BLOCKED JQ ULT!
https://twitter.com/earthklaans/status/1655219970895142912

I'm still.... pretty good with that dart. I never drilled sleeps, I don't know what kind of whacky workshop config people might do to demo skill with it. I just learned from like.... playing the game! I have 700 hours on this darling of a character I'm pretty good at those darts.

Not the best- I would never be able to land poo poo if I was loving streamer- being a god at a hyper-competitive video game all the time with all those eyeballs on you- that job is loving h a r d. I don't give a gently caress what anybody says.

Edit: Added spoilered blurb text

im depressed lol posted:

"Life protects life!' yeah and I'll suck that flower-backbacked fruit's dick if I see some poo poo I never encountered before! This clip ain't me, but I'm in the chat blowing him up.
https://twitter.com/earthklaans/status/1675023842324914176

im depressed lol fucked around with this message at 16:42 on Aug 2, 2023

im depressed lol
Mar 12, 2013

Pubstomping was fun, Goon v. Goon was fun, but the most fun was various people using HLDJ to play stupid songs so loudly during vs matches
Leeroy Jenkins?
Nah, that's not my style. Funny though! Had a cool goon friend (who ghosted us all eventually) do that poo poo; I miss that guy a lot. The music in the "VOD" is from Phantasy Star 2. I added it in "post" during match-replay capture. I'm using OBS. I lower the volume at about 0:48ish because I alt-tab to my media player manually to lower it. There's a skip in the footage capture because of this.

Aexo posted:

Goon4Dead was the poo poo! I played so many games with folks from there. :allears:
Right? You could pub-stomp and then sometimes you would get a good game when you bumped into a crew of wolves doing the same poo poo!

-----------------------------------

This video I'm gonna embed/link is not for anyone REMOTELY at the peak of the comp ladder. Maybe Master's level player.... if you're bored and want to see if Quickplay can be fun? If you are remotely connected to Top 500's or Overwatch League- in any fashion; you know why this is not worth your time. You shouldn't watch it. You know this is a casual game environment.

This video is for the l4d2-head's lurking, in the thread etc. you know what this is! I play Quickplay like I used to play left4d2 if I was bored and no one was on. I scroll through the profiles at the end; spoiler most are private profiles... a Diamond? I don't remember but it's there if you want to look.

404 rage insurance policy not found; 4 pubs on my team. QP
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=me5bKV9KyrU

This ain't a how-to on Ram. This ain't a flex. I'm TRASH on any tank. But, if you want to listen to how I play Ramatra like... a loving synth I'm loving around with in Guitar Center something... Sure, knock yourself out! Don't watch no biggie. Maybe learn that Quickplay's kinda cool though! You figure poo poo out in there, think on your feet etc. See how I use voicelines, how my team of people I've never played with before catch what I'm throwing down etc. etc.

This "VOD".... it's just some random rear end people I got matched with in Quickplay. It's attack hollywood, QP. The dice roll is in our favor, if you know what I mean. I'm not looking to pubstomp. We're just communicating with non-verbal methods via the in-game features; cracking jokes with our stupid voicelines. I got some 'borderline' S-Tier -voiceline- combo's I fumble around with on this robot though. No one is in voice, we're not arguing! And I've never looked up a single video, or watched a stream on this stupid robot; I have no clue how to play him properly!

But, maybe Quickplay could be better... if some small 'tweaks' were made to Quickplay....

leaver penalty- stick it OUT LEARN FROM THE LOSS or get banned for an hour if you do it more than twice!

I kinda just..... wing it when I play tank. I SUCK DOG poo poo as tank in any game against Master's/GM's in Quickplay. I only play that role for the weekly coins challenges. I loving HATE playing tank. If I wanted to play at like... maybe a Master's level on that comp ladder.... I would study a high-level streamer's tactics. Because the poo poo they do works at the top, when they are playing a proper game of Overwatch & everyone is at least... two out of three with game sense/mechanical ability/communication or whatever someone at the top could correct me on; I don't know what it's really like up there anymore.

Only registered members can see post attachments!

im depressed lol fucked around with this message at 01:00 on Aug 3, 2023

Father Wendigo
Sep 28, 2005
This is, sadly, more important to me than bettering myself.

Overwatch 2 Update: Any progress towards outstanding lifetime achievements you haven't earned outright is about to be reset at the start of the next season. Thanks for playing! :haw:

quote:

Devs clarified that the current lifetime challenges players have completed for individual heroes – challenges that reward player icons – will be transferred to the new progression system. However, progress on incomplete challenges will be lost in the update.

“Any current progress on these lifetime challenges will not transfer over into the new player progression system,” a dev announced on the Blizzard forums.

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

I HATE THAT HEDGEHOG, BROTHER!
:lol: No way. SURELY someone should've stepped in and been like "um... folks are already pretty mad at us for a lot of things. Perhaps we can spend a little more time making sure this doesn't happen"

PantsBandit
Oct 26, 2007

it is both a monkey and a boombox

Macaluso posted:

:lol: No way. SURELY someone should've stepped in and been like "um... folks are already pretty mad at us for a lot of things. Perhaps we can spend a little more time making sure this doesn't happen"

They don't give a shiiiiit

im depressed lol
Mar 12, 2013

Macaluso posted:

L O L, jesus christ. *ten thousand word post homage to One Thousand and One Nights*

Doomykins
Jun 28, 2008

Didn't you mean to ask about flowers?
I admire the sheer bravado in laziness to see a problem like "how do we track all this in progress achievement data and port it over to follow the user profile data" and decide "you know what? we're not spending the money/time. gently caress 'em."

Those poor beaten dogs on the OW2 dev team who actually like their game and their players though. :smith: ... Doesn't OW2 HAVE this problem solved? OW1 had achievements!

im depressed lol
Mar 12, 2013

If they're that loving... I don't even have words. Like...

Are they just gonna use Steam Groups for that loving clan system... like...... NO. DON'T DO THAT.

Demand better.

:chaostrump:

im depressed lol
Mar 12, 2013

I'll make people play this stupid crab game before I try making a good community of players work in loving Steam Groups. I'll make that loving crab game's numbers go up i n s t e a d if the suits aren't helping those devs.

Donald Trump greedy, Chaos Emeralds, Sound on - Music is from the last level of Sonic 2.

https://twitter.com/earthklaans/status/1654295930672128000

If the dev-team is as defeated I kinda feel right now.... ugh god that sucks. I mean, tomorrow I'll wake up and play some more Overwatch sure. But like... come on. I don't want this game to go away.

One like this won't be made again.

I'm speculating the new progression is because of marrying steam achievements -> suit: 'hey, why don't we use steam groups!'

im depressed lol fucked around with this message at 05:02 on Aug 3, 2023

im depressed lol
Mar 12, 2013

im depressed lol posted:

This ain't a how-to on Ram. This ain't a flex. I'm TRASH-

So yeah, it's quickplay!

You don't gotta get in voice....

You don't gotta try-hard....

Attack on Hollywood... got a good dice roll...

When you pick up a hint or c l u e....

"If we can make a t r i f o r ce, in the saferoom....."

We can (probably) trash-can the enemy team....

Because on defense.... they might not have a c l u e.....

Only registered members can see post attachments!

hope and vaseline
Feb 13, 2001

hi mei is fun thanks for listening to my ted talk

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5HsAPuYkM5g

Perfect painting
Nov 27, 2011

im depressed lol posted:

Leeroy Jenkins?
Nah, that's not my style. Funny though! Had a cool goon friend (who ghosted us all eventually) do that poo poo; I miss that guy a lot. The music in the "VOD" is from Phantasy Star 2. I added it in "post" during match-replay capture. I'm using OBS. I lower the volume at about 0:48ish because I alt-tab to my media player manually to lower it. There's a skip in the footage capture because of this.

Right? You could pub-stomp and then sometimes you would get a good game when you bumped into a crew of wolves doing the same poo poo!

-----------------------------------

This video I'm gonna embed/link is not for anyone REMOTELY at the peak of the comp ladder. Maybe Master's level player.... if you're bored and want to see if Quickplay can be fun? If you are remotely connected to Top 500's or Overwatch League- in any fashion; you know why this is not worth your time. You shouldn't watch it. You know this is a casual game environment.

This video is for the l4d2-head's lurking, in the thread etc. you know what this is! I play Quickplay like I used to play left4d2 if I was bored and no one was on. I scroll through the profiles at the end; spoiler most are private profiles... a Diamond? I don't remember but it's there if you want to look.

This ain't a how-to on Ram. This ain't a flex. I'm TRASH on any tank. But, if you want to listen to how I play Ramatra like... a loving synth I'm loving around with in Guitar Center something... Sure, knock yourself out! Don't watch no biggie. Maybe learn that Quickplay's kinda cool though! You figure poo poo out in there, think on your feet etc. See how I use voicelines, how my team of people I've never played with before catch what I'm throwing down etc. etc.

This "VOD".... it's just some random rear end people I got matched with in Quickplay. It's attack hollywood, QP. The dice roll is in our favor, if you know what I mean. I'm not looking to pubstomp. We're just communicating with non-verbal methods via the in-game features; cracking jokes with our stupid voicelines. I got some 'borderline' S-Tier -voiceline- combo's I fumble around with on this robot though. No one is in voice, we're not arguing! And I've never looked up a single video, or watched a stream on this stupid robot; I have no clue how to play him properly!

But, maybe Quickplay could be better... if some small 'tweaks' were made to Quickplay....

leaver penalty- stick it OUT LEARN FROM THE LOSS or get banned for an hour if you do it more than twice!

I kinda just..... wing it when I play tank. I SUCK DOG poo poo as tank in any game against Master's/GM's in Quickplay. I only play that role for the weekly coins challenges. I loving HATE playing tank. If I wanted to play at like... maybe a Master's level on that comp ladder.... I would study a high-level streamer's tactics. Because the poo poo they do works at the top, when they are playing a proper game of Overwatch & everyone is at least... two out of three with game sense/mechanical ability/communication or whatever someone at the top could correct me on; I don't know what it's really like up there anymore.

im depressed lol posted:

So yeah, it's quickplay!

im depressed lol posted:

I'm still friends with some goons who played left4dead2! I never joined goon4dead though, I found goons through left4dead2 quickplay lobbies. Ya learn things about people from talking to people! Ask 'how did you do that!?', be humble etc.

I got into promod/CONFOGL a bit. Was never the best- would sometimes spec scrims, never made a 'team'- I can't hang too long with the top players & don't get too into the 'bragging rights' thing as motivation. I would play PUG's though- sometimes with some of the best though! I'd usually try to play properly, but... I'm weird & I would just go for the dumbest stylish "probably won't loving work but hell yeah!" poo poo in PUG's all the time- it was FUN. I was a goofy idiot; fun to play with.

Confogl/Promod was IMMEASURABLY more well balanced and designed than vanilla l4d2 vs. ever could be. Vanilla vs. is an incredibly casual mode- it's not well designed! But if ya asked around, talked to people in that mode maybe someone would see you loved the game and would throw you a lifeline. Then you get invited to like... a vent or mumble, they have a private server that runs mods etc. And then you were playing the game with expert strats with players who knew WHY those strats were important, why the balance changes in Confogl/Promod were made. I made friends/interacted with mod-makers, picked their brains etc.. I was never the best at that game, but we had some great nights playing it. In fact, some of my clips from early days of OW1... the battletags in this video (embedd down below, it looks better on youtube though) have some goons in there. Even the Masters matches sometimes; not even friends with them on battlenet! But I knew they were a friend of a friend from l4d2, I hosed around with them in Overwatch QP a few times but we never clicked personality-wise so why force a friendship just based purely on a shared interest? Nice guys though, no shade! But, the main reason why I hate that loving ladder in this game is at the metal-ranks (I was in plat for like.... 5 games!? I don't remember- I shot out quick!) I know about the experience in those ranks because I like to talk to people who are there because like... why are we making people want to 'win it for the team' when a lot of the people on your team at those ranks are loving assholes?

Season 04/05, OW1 Comp - Best Sleeps
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BEjcWDmlodc
I spent 2 months in 2017 on that video BTW. The video part took like... 4 hours? But learning how to vaguely auto-tune Ana's voice- no AI tools back then to do it for me- I wanted to learn it by myself. It sounds a bit grating-warped. I didn't want to buy a program or pirate one- just used open source tools. ....that took 2 months of casual learning! So, it's kinda goofy maybe cringe; I don't know I consider my posting/gameplay/most of what I do when I gently caress around online an artistic expression of sorts. Sure, maybe all my posting is cringe! I don't care, because for whatever reason we've developed a culture where we shame people for liking things too much unless they're a world-class elite expert in the field. I dunno, maybe, google it?

I figured out this player pretty quick. Great player, knows their mains, devours every tip from great players at the top of those stairs. I was very curious why a person at Masters would have a Plat brain....

.....they queue at 4-5am and the comp ladder gets 'flakey' there sometimes; oh yeah I have thought about those kind of stairs... a lot; look at the date on those clips from that movie of the stairwell (it's not just a dumb joke about vidya games!). I don't know if they were doing it intentionally; maybe that's the only time they get to play! Maybe they're in college or their work hours suck; I don't know- I don't care. I'm not mad at that person! I'm not gonna name/shame or whatever, they're playing a loving video game.

It's just... that ladder has a very loving weird meta until you hit.... Masters? That's when I felt everyone kinda "understood" some of the really good strats the Overwatch community's brain-trust was cooking up. That was at least the case in OW1... season's 2 to 6? A VERY weird metal-rank psychological minefield of a meta. I doubt human behavior has changed very much since OW1's release.

*intermission*

Hey, I asked Chat-GPT to summarize all my posts in this thread in case reading weird artful-meta-garbage-meandering-sometimes-performative prose wasn't your thing. Notes taken, continuously improve etc. Not 100% the heart of it, maybe 86%? 545? Good enough, ya ain't gotta read that poo poo, the computer did it for ya!:

code:
gently caress every stupid oval office in this game
who has ever treated
that genius design of a support
like garbage because they think it's fine
to yell at the automated heal turret
if they think it's just jammed &
not a human being
I HAVE NO MOUTH AND MUST SCREAM BE ANA AMARI

You think a guy like me 100% feels that way? No, but I talk to people; I sometimes make funny words/things on the computer. And if I was in a PUG environment like the other communities I played games in... and some one talked to me the way people talked to me on those stairs (rarely, but they did), or the stories I hear from genuinely nice people in those metal-ranks- they would disappear and never play with us again if it was consistent behavior. I'd just flood comms with so much angry rambling about their trash behavior or whatever they'd never be able to even hear themselves think.

Edit: Oh yeah, I make weird posts... kinda on purpose(?) because I know how people post on SA, on the internet in general. it's all call-out culture T R A S H. they will not read a whole post, then look for one tiny bit they don't agree with- maybe they felt personally attacked? if you're reading this thread buddy, you're not my enemy! but certain types... will not read a whole post and act Mr. Know-it-all about it. I don't get mad at that poo poo, maybe you're busy and don't like reading and feel it's all a bunch of bullshit! hell, i get that! but yeah I like to make people work to interpret poo poo I make sometimes.

If you know that joke, about the 'famous clown' the doctor suggests to a guy.... whose out of sorts... looking for answers.... my username here is a play on that joke BUT DOCTOR, I AM DEPRESS-

OP I don't really know what's going on with all this but I think you need to take a break from playing this game.

Jezza of OZPOS
Mar 21, 2018

GET LOSE❌🗺️, YOUS CAN'T COMPARE😤 WITH ME 💪POWERS🇦🇺
meis rightclick reminds me of the hanzo guide that tells you that the most powerful tool you can have in low to mid tier play is the ability to predict what people are going to do next just because i have an absolutely insane accuracy rate with it despite feeling like i am spamming it a lot of the time

Tuxedo Gin
May 21, 2003

Classy.

as a perma bronze 5 with hundreds of hours of comp playtime, nothing is more satisfying than landing headshots with mei's right click. somehow i get more headshots with her than with anybody else except maybe kiriko

The Repo Man
Jul 31, 2013

I Remember...

Jezza of OZPOS posted:

meis rightclick reminds me of the hanzo guide that tells you that the most powerful tool you can have in low to mid tier play is the ability to predict what people are going to do next just because i have an absolutely insane accuracy rate with it despite feeling like i am spamming it a lot of the time

Is it this video from Arrge?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XhaaDjJwRbs

Kaysette
Jan 5, 2009

~*Boston makes me*~
~*feel good*~

:wrongcity:

im depressed lol posted:

So yeah, it's quickplay!

Are you OK? A break and some fresh air over the weekend might not be the worst idea...

TheKingofSprings
Oct 9, 2012
Is this the gamer version of a mental break

Gravitas Shortfall
Jul 17, 2007

Utility is seven-eighths Proximity.

The Sojourn cinematic is out, and it's good, which isn't surprising. All the OW2 cinematics are great.

novaSphere
Jan 25, 2003

I always wondered whether her railgun fired a physical slug or was energy-based. Looking forward to either the cozy sweater or durarara looks in the shop

widespread
Aug 5, 2013

I believe I am now no longer in the presence of nice people.

And then suddenly...

... I think OWCavalry wasn't doing drugs on that tweet. :stare:

Father Wendigo
Sep 28, 2005

widespread posted:

And then suddenly...

... I think OWCavalry wasn't doing drugs on that tweet. :stare:

Which tweet, the Mastery delay?

e: ah, wrestler guy promotion.

Father Wendigo fucked around with this message at 22:39 on Aug 4, 2023

Gravitas Shortfall
Jul 17, 2007

I don't see anything? :confused:

Runa
Feb 13, 2011

I don't see anything? :confused:

Nutsak
Jul 21, 2005
All balls.
"Ramattra and Doomfist's blocks will now reduce stuck damage"

Tracer's ult now even more useless against these two tanks in particular. They may as well remove it at this stage.

Father Wendigo
Sep 28, 2005

Nutsak posted:

"Ramattra and Doomfist's blocks will now reduce stuck damage"

Tracer's ult now even more useless against these two tanks in particular. They may as well remove it at this stage.

Tracer is the mechanical bedrock character of the franchise. If they hosed up something enough to necessitate a big or total rework for any part of her kit, they really are rudderless.

dogstile
May 1, 2012

fucking clocks
how do they work?
Tracer stick still absolutely bodies other tanks, they'll be fine.

She should really be hitting squishies with it anyway. They don't want it to be a tank deleter, that's why they nerfed it so it couldn't insta kill zarya way back when.

Jezza of OZPOS
Mar 21, 2018

GET LOSE❌🗺️, YOUS CAN'T COMPARE😤 WITH ME 💪POWERS🇦🇺
yeah its basically for sticking a support and ideally hitting anyone peeling for them against a tracer at least thats how it always happens for me

Dick Jones
Jun 20, 2002

Number 2 Guy at OCP

Mischief & Magic is probably the best new event arcade mode of the OW2 era so far. Better than Winstonball, Battle for Olympus, or Raid Boss Reinhardt. My signature move is to act like I don't see the obvious book in the rafters, do some performative stabs on a few other objects, turn to leave, then do a quick 180 and dash into them. Some of the mechanics are still bullshit though. Rogues should not be both invisible and invincible during the transform puff. I've lost count of how many times I've dashed through a cloud and seen a damage X with no kill.

dogstile
May 1, 2012

fucking clocks
how do they work?
It's so depressing hitting people with both DVA guns and rockets while their health actually increases holy poo poo

comedyblissoption
Mar 15, 2006

there should be a game design document somewhere that says heals should not practically outsustain damage in the short term for pvp

[i say this as a support main for ow1]

emgeejay
Dec 8, 2007

Macaluso posted:

they didn’t even carry my trophies over from PS4 Overwatch to PS5 Overwatch 2

Lead Pipe Cinch
Mar 10, 2003

Heavy Metal Bakesale

emgeejay posted:

they didn’t even carry my trophies over from PS4 Overwatch to PS5 Overwatch 2

They definitely lost a significant chunk of my stats somewhere between the changeover to PS4/PS5 or OW/OW2. Played a ton of Junkrat after original release but for some reason I am at less than an hour with him, which is accurate for maybe back to the year or two before OW2 launched when I wasn’t really playing.

dogstile
May 1, 2012

fucking clocks
how do they work?
Yeah in the switch for OW1 and 2 people realised their season history was erased up until season 20 or something.

Can't remember if blizzard said it was planned before or after, but it always seemed like someone hosed up and they rolled with it.

novaSphere
Jan 25, 2003

Season 6 trailer is out, featuring snippets of things including Illari, the new support hero that some content creators leaked a week ago. Looks like she has a Symmetra-style turret except it shoots piss at allies instead of damaging enemies.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z7usG2oKONE

Jack Trades
Nov 30, 2010

And we all know that the OW team are excellent at making and balancing both turret characters and supports, so mixing the two will surely be a winning idea.

Gravitas Shortfall
Jul 17, 2007

That Omnic Ana mythic might as well have been made for me:allears:

Jack Trades
Nov 30, 2010

novaSphere posted:

Season 6 trailer is out, featuring snippets of things including Illari, the new support hero that some content creators leaked a week ago. Looks like she has a Symmetra-style turret except it shoots piss at allies instead of damaging enemies.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z7usG2oKONE

Lmao what is that loving frame drop between 0:56 and 0:59? Did they run out of budget to render 60 fps video?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

novaSphere
Jan 25, 2003

Jack Trades posted:

And we all know that the OW team are excellent at making and balancing both turret characters and supports, so mixing the two will surely be a winning idea.

Can't be worse than Lifeweaver. :toot: