Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?
My favourite part was when the Giant couldn't tell the difference between a rock and a tree and Hogarth had to yell at him.

Or Hogarth turning into a caffeine freak after one sip of espresso.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

priznat
Jul 7, 2009

Let's get drunk and kiss each other all night.
The Iron Giant had the ideal Harry Connick Jr role as well, he was really good in that.

The cannonball scene with him trying to just chill out in the chair rules.

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

the flash .... ooof

Frank Frank
Jun 13, 2001

Mirrored
I’m confident that the Blue Beetle will be just the shot in the arm that the DC Cinematic Universe needs

LazyMaybe
Aug 18, 2013

oouagh
the iron giant and the incredibles are both amazing. pity that neither of them ever got sequels or otherwise featured in other media

henkman
Oct 8, 2008
Blue Butthole

because it's poo poo

super sweet best pal
Nov 18, 2009

Blue Beetle will suffer at the box office no matter how good it is because it's coming out after Flash killed the franchise.

Frank Frank
Jun 13, 2001

Mirrored

super sweet best pal posted:

Blue Beetle will suffer at the box office no matter how good it is because it's coming out after Flash killed the franchise.

I saw the trailer the other day and I don’t think you have to worry about it being good

Jose Oquendo
Jun 20, 2004

Star Trek: The Motion Picture is a boring movie
WB needs pull a Disney and start a "If you don't see Blue Beetle you're a racist" astroturf campaign.

priznat
Jul 7, 2009

The Rock is making the rounds with all sorts of ideas on why Black Adam isn’t becoming the DC tentpole other than the obvious one that he sucks as a character and is extremely boring.

super sweet best pal
Nov 18, 2009

The Rock needs to run for President, I want to see the media turn on him.

Kingo Ligma
Aug 24, 2019

Ask me about calling people racist because I failed geography.

The Rock needs to run for President, I want to see the media turn on him.

It will be less than 6 days between his running announcement and video surfacing of him eating babies for breakfast every day. He will say the need for fresh baby meat is part of why he is strongly opposed to abortion, and Americans will overwhelmingly vote him in as another R president.

Cubone
May 26, 2011

Because it never leaves its bedroom, no one has ever seen this poster's real face.

priznat posted:

The Rock is making the rounds with all sorts of ideas on why Black Adam isn’t becoming the DC tentpole other than the obvious one that he sucks as a character and is extremely boring.
I swear he was a good character in 52

look, just, *drops a 1200-page comic book on the table* read this, *the comic creates an impact crater, which I fall into, dying*

priznat
Jul 7, 2009

Cubone posted:

look, just, *drops a 1200-page comic book on the table* read this, *the comic creates an impact crater, which I fall into, dying*

The problem was less the character I suppose and how Rock sold him as an unbeatable infinitely powered antihero. “Like superman but also magic!” God it’s so 3rd grade playground.

Rod Hoofhearted
Jun 18, 2000

I am a ghost

priznat posted:

Also, it’s a bad character name that sounds racist.

Father Wendigo
Sep 28, 2005
This is, sadly, more important to me than bettering myself.

Cubone posted:

He's totally anchored to Shazam, and the most interesting thing they could do with him involves critiquing America's foreign policy decisions (particularly the Middle East!) and LOL if you actually think any American studio would do that.

just imagine i'm shouting this into the crater

Nefarious 2.0
Apr 22, 2008

Offense is overrated anyway.

the power balance of the dc universe has shitted

sinnesloeschen
Jun 4, 2011

fiiiiiiinnnne
:coolspot:

Milo and POTUS posted:

That little jedi who got killed by anakin makes me laugh to this day

lmao

Rod Hoofhearted
Jun 18, 2000

I am a ghost

:lol:

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer

When they reboot the prequels, I hope they have the artistic integrity to show the 1 adult vs. 12 5-year-olds lightsaber fight.

Sally
Jan 9, 2007

Don't post Small Dash!

Cubone posted:

lol i read 52. i remember enjoying it while i read it but dont remember anything else about it.

also if Star Wars retold Henry IV with a Space Falstaff i would watch it.

super sweet best pal
Nov 18, 2009

Cubone posted:

Stepping into this trap
Instead of skipping directly to Jamie Reyes they should've done a Booster Gold movie featuring the Silver Age Blue Beetle first, then have him get killed off at the end so Jamie can take his place.

sharknado slashfic
Jun 24, 2011

Stepping into this trap
Instead of skipping directly to Jamie Reyes they should've done a Booster Gold movie featuring the Silver Age Blue Beetle first, then have him get killed off at the end so Jamie can take his place.

They probably shouldn't have done the movie at all tbh

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

they should not be making movies of any of the bullshit loving dc characters , they can’t even do Batman properly. they’re washed

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

sharknado slashfic posted:

They probably shouldn't have done the movie at all tbh

this!!!!

colonelwest
Jun 30, 2018

The hierarchy of power in Red Letter Media is about to change…

RealityWarCriminal
Aug 10, 2016

:o:
This is a real trailer. not one of those fake trailers from pages ago.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Xo2O-X_UYuo

Rod Hoofhearted
Jun 18, 2000

I am a ghost

RealityWarCriminal posted:

False. All Deuandra movies are fake movies, therefore this is a fake trailer.

Origami Dali
Jan 7, 2005

Get ready to fuck!
You fucker's fucker!
You fucker!

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer

Good to see directors using practical effects again

I AM GRANDO
Aug 20, 2006

RealityWarCriminal posted:

I thought nostalgia critic quit making those movies after everybody quit being associated with his website.

Rod Hoofhearted
Jun 18, 2000

I am a ghost

So… do all of the other randos pay Deuaundra to be in her movies? Kind of a “pretend to be a star” type deal like that business that made Rebecca Black’s “Friday?”

Frank Frank
Jun 13, 2001

Mirrored

Rod Hoofhearted posted:

So… do all of the other randos pay Deuaundra to be in her movies? Kind of a “pretend to be a star” type deal like that business that made Rebecca Black’s “Friday?”

I'm definitely interested in what her deal is but I feel like even sniffing around her space on the internet is inviting some sort of apocalyptic personal catastrophe

colonelwest
Jun 30, 2018

It seems like a combo of inherited money, defrauding a church and the legions of desperate LA baristas willing to act in anything.

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?

Frank Frank posted:

I'm definitely interested in what her deal is but I feel like even sniffing around her space on the internet is inviting some sort of apocalyptic personal catastrophe

She's like something from myth that you really don't want to gently caress with or you'll find yourself in one of her movies, banging on the screen for the laughing viewers to let you out

aledesma
Jul 22, 2012

did she become self aware? I mean she has to right…

Rod Hoofhearted
Jun 18, 2000

I am a ghost

aledesma posted:

did she become self aware? I mean she has to right…

Nah. Narcissist with delusions of grandeur.

Probably burns through tons of money, too.

DaysBefore
Jan 24, 2019

She can just give me the money instead

Autisanal Cheese
Nov 29, 2010

Frank Frank posted:

I saw the trailer the other day and I don’t think you have to worry about it being good

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BlankInterspace
Aug 6, 2023

by vyelkin
https://www.screenrant.com/writers-strike-wga-amptp-failed-negotiation-update/

:sigh:

(USER WAS PERMABANNED FOR THIS POST)