Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: Buck Wildman)

Lostconfused
Oct 1, 2008

battle of the bits

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Buck Wildman
Mar 30, 2010

I am Metango, Galactic Governor

baldurbit

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

:coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot:
my bard with lizard man autism just kicked through a burning door because he encouraged people so hard, goty imo

Grey Fox
Jan 5, 2004

https://twitter.com/edgeblend/status/1687628512197267456

Buddykins
Feb 12, 2011

croup coughfield posted:

the modpacks are too big, the weed is too strong, the women are too free. i was born decades too late

Buddykins
Feb 12, 2011

croup coughfield posted:

call sigint when you're wearing the black facepaint

lol

my bony fealty
Oct 1, 2008

whoever said Dark Souls 3 is like Bloodborne with a DS skin is right on, Lothric's High Wall feels like Yharnam, but with more dragons and less hosed up bird things. Enjoying it so far. The second boss was a pushover.

Palladium
May 8, 2012

Very Good
✔️✔️✔️✔️

i inflitrated hokkaido by moving everyone's dead corpses into the sauna

Pulcinella
Feb 15, 2019
Can anyone recommend a good , low latency HDMI switcher? I need to hook up a PS5 and a Switch to the same display that has only one HDMI port (but two loving VGA ports for some reason).

Edit: Got a Monoprice Blackbird. Will report back when it arrives.

Pulcinella has issued a correction as of 00:08 on Aug 6, 2023

Grey Fox
Jan 5, 2004

https://twitter.com/EVO/status/1687915960999768064

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

Buck Wildman
Mar 30, 2010

pov of croup rn:

uber_stoat
Jan 21, 2001

Pillbug

Buck Wildman posted:

pov of croup rn:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RSJ2TqvYKcc&t=26s

RealityWarCriminal
Aug 10, 2016

:o:
getting pretty good at Obra Dinn. got like 6 guys in a row, all drowned by beast. the end is in sight.

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

i never got to ask croup which kind of nazi he was planning to side with

Buck Wildman
Mar 30, 2010

Al! posted:

i never got to ask croup which kind of nazi he was planning to side with

himself

Benagain
Oct 10, 2007

Can you see that I am serious?
Fun Shoe

RealityWarCriminal posted:

getting pretty good at Obra Dinn. got like 6 guys in a row, all drowned by beast. the end is in sight.

This is the best game to 100% with no walkthrough ever and i wish there was more like it

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008
Probation
Can't post for 4 hours!
Currently doing the part of TOTK where Link is working with a tall buff shirtless Zonai scientist and finds an excuse to dress up like a sexy Zonai for him

Now THIS is ethics in game journalism

Robo Reagan
Feb 12, 2012

by Fluffdaddy
more like links awakening

the milk machine
Jul 23, 2002

lick my keys

Robo Reagan posted:

KirbyKhan
Mar 20, 2009

Soiled Meat

Buck Wildman posted:

pov of croup rn:

Lmfao

Homeless Friend
Jul 16, 2007

Robo Reagan posted:

Homeless Friend
Jul 16, 2007

croup coughfield posted:

the modpacks are too big, the weed is too strong, the women are too free. i was born decades too late

BONGHITZ
Jan 1, 1970

a time to game

Fuligin
Oct 27, 2010

wait what the fuck??

Benagain posted:

This is the best game to 100% with no walkthrough ever and i wish there was more like it

U prolly already know but curse of the golden idol hits similar vibes

Fuligin
Oct 27, 2010

wait what the fuck??

Gotta try hobs barrow next, hoping its real spoopy

BONGHITZ
Jan 1, 1970

Fuligin posted:

U prolly already know but curse of the golden idol hits similar vibes

its good

Mr. Sharps
Jul 30, 2006

The only true law is that which leads to freedom. There is no other.

Robo Reagan posted:

MonsieurChoc
Oct 12, 2013

Every species can smell its own extinction.
Vibing to the Live A Live remake soundtrack on tbe bus.

Yoko Shimomura for the win.

KirbyKhan
Mar 20, 2009

Soiled Meat
FF16 HOT TAKE

So I'm watching a FF16 video essay because ... anyways I heard the following plot reduction and I need to know if it's true. Like I've seen enough screenshots and takes to understand that slavery is just kinda a bunch of times in the background and is treated just as mindlessly at moogle.

"The goal of the game is to kill god to destroy the crystals effectively ending magic, with magic users being who are currently enslaved... eeeehhhh I can't help but see that as 'killing god to make black people white' . I know it isn't what the game is saying, but that it is a possible reading is just goes to show these old japanese dudes were waaay out of their depth"

I need to know from someone I can trust: is that foreal?

Either way it sounds like an incredible final fantasy. Years from now I'll crack open that tome.

turn off the TV
Aug 4, 2010

moderately annoying

KirbyKhan posted:

FF16 HOT TAKE

So I'm watching a FF16 video essay because ... anyways I heard the following plot reduction and I need to know if it's true. Like I've seen enough screenshots and takes to understand that slavery is just kinda a bunch of times in the background and is treated just as mindlessly at moogle.

"The goal of the game is to kill god to destroy the crystals effectively ending magic, with magic users being who are currently enslaved... eeeehhhh I can't help but see that as 'killing god to make black people white' . I know it isn't what the game is saying, but that it is a possible reading is just goes to show these old japanese dudes were waaay out of their depth"

Either way it sounds like an incredible final fantasy. Years from now I'll crack open that tome.

they kill god to end global warming

SpaceGoku
Jul 19, 2011

the point of magic as a narrative device in ff16 is to show how humanity becomes dependent on systems of oppression and the reason the protagonists want to destroy magic is because magic isn't just a system of oppression it's also literally destroying the world but no one who actually runs the world would dare give it up because it would mean giving up their power structures, the people who can't use magic in ff16 are still dependent on it to the point that they don't know how to even boil water without magic (either in the form of a crystal or the form of a slave)

like imagine if there was some kind of economic system in the real world that was based on exploitation and oppression and was also literally destroying the world so we could boil water easier and we refused to give it up because it was too convenient for a minority of people

Grey Fox
Jan 5, 2004

lol Evo's doing the SF6 top 24 right now (https://twitch.tv/evo4) and it's honestly ridiculous how fast these guys are compared to the pools from earlier today and yesterday

crepeface
Nov 5, 2004

r*p*f*c*

Grey Fox posted:

lol Evo's doing the SF6 top 24 right now (https://twitch.tv/evo4) and it's honestly ridiculous how fast these guys are compared to the pools from earlier today and yesterday

i think this is losers bracket?

there's so many they had to split them up lol

i think this is winner's bracket? or maybe just another losers bracket
https://twitch.tv/evo7

KirbyKhan
Mar 20, 2009

Soiled Meat

SpaceGoku posted:

the point of magic as a narrative device in ff16 is to show how humanity becomes dependent on systems of oppression and the reason the protagonists want to destroy magic is because magic isn't just a system of oppression it's also literally destroying the world but no one who actually runs the world would dare give it up because it would mean giving up their power structures, the people who can't use magic in ff16 are still dependent on it to the point that they don't know how to even boil water without magic (either in the form of a crystal or the form of a slave)

like imagine if there was some kind of economic system in the real world that was based on exploitation and oppression and was also literally destroying the world so we could boil water easier and we refused to give it up because it was too convenient for a minority of people

Thanks, sounds like a great final fantasy can't wait

Antonymous
Apr 4, 2009

KirbyKhan posted:

FF16 HOT TAKE

isn't that like confusing the map for the country like just because it has slavery and bigotry doesn't mean it's a perfect analogy for the united states in the 1860s or 1960s

crepeface
Nov 5, 2004

r*p*f*c*
i love seeing high level chunli play

Grey Fox
Jan 5, 2004

crepeface posted:

i think this is losers bracket?

there's so many they had to split them up lol

i think this is winner's bracket? or maybe just another losers bracket
https://twitch.tv/evo7
yah they're both Losers Top 24, but whatever, they're playing like I could only dream, so I'm happy

dualstream time

crepeface
Nov 5, 2004

r*p*f*c*
why didn't goichi DI there when he was against the wall and yamaguchi was burnt out?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

crepeface posted:

why didn't goichi DI there when he was against the wall and yamaguchi was burnt out?

cause if he expected it he would get thrown or jumped