Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Kale
May 14, 2010

Childe coming into play to potentially throw more chaos into the mix came as a bit of a surprise to me too. Don't think anything was leaked about him being involved in this story arc. It seems like he's here because he heard about and wanted to challenge Chlorinde to a duel and ends up getting roped into whatever is happening with the traveler.

One other thing I noticed is that Navia comes packing two bodyguards she clearly doesn't need who I can only hope are going to be doing some sort of Solt and Peppor routine. Seems weird that she would apparently be a revolutionary though since they seemed to indicate she's one of Fontaine's elite and is doing well under it's current system. Hopefully there's a good reason for why she'd want to tear it all down. My guess is it's that prophecy they mentioned and she figures under the current course it's destined to come true. Guessing already she's the candidate to take over things after the arc is done since basically every arc ends with the status quo of the nation overturned.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zenostein
Aug 16, 2008

:h::h::h:Alhamdulillah-chan:h::h::h:

FractalSandwich posted:

I mean, it's not hard to triangulate where Celestia is, yeah. I was just expecting Fontaine to connect to the rest of the world through the watery bits in the northwest of Liyue -- which happens to be where Celestia is -- not through this weird circuitous route that comes off the northernmost part of the desert and has the whole place further north, way far away from everything else.

They're giving Celestia a wide enough berth that they could probably fit an entire region of its own underneath it. Maybe that's the plan for 7.0?

Maybe by having a gap they'll manage to make it not load the entire drat world or whatever, so it'll be playable on ps4 still.

They mostly fixed the 'sometimes the floor doesn't exist in the academia/some cutscenes,' but I've come to realize that one statue in liyue is just an instakill if you teleport to it, because the floating platform it's on doesn't exist when your character loads in, so you look back over and suddenly someone's dead.

Real Cool Catfish
Jun 6, 2011
Childe going to help us out in our boss fight against Cappuccino, but get smacked away hilariously for phase 2 .

Space Opera
Jun 5, 2011

That rabbit's got a vicious streak a mile wide! It's a killer!

Notably missing from 4.0 updates: more map pins. The only reason I can come up with for this is they're afraid of people using the pins to spell stuff out? Because if they can up the artifact cap, surely they can give us a few more pins.

Real Cool Catfish
Jun 6, 2011

Space Opera posted:

Notably missing from 4.0 updates: more map pins. The only reason I can come up with for this is they're afraid of people using the pins to spell stuff out? Because if they can up the artifact cap, surely they can give us a few more pins.

What do you use them for? I mostly used them to mark unexplored areas/unsolved puzzles.

Kale
May 14, 2010

Probable timeline of events checks out.

Meowywitch
Jan 14, 2010

Fight for all that is beautiful in the world

Hey did they ever give out a free Gorou or am I just unlucky to have never gotten him, the Sole Guy Who Shows Inazuma Uniques????

Space Opera
Jun 5, 2011

That rabbit's got a vicious streak a mile wide! It's a killer!

Real Cool Catfish posted:

What do you use them for? I mostly used them to mark unexplored areas/unsolved puzzles.

I'd LIKE to use them to mark oculi I've picked up in new regions but Sumeru had 271 and Fontaine should be even higher. It's just baffling that we only have 150 pins for 5 countries plus 2 extra map zones.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Real Cool Catfish posted:

Do we know the non new 4*’s on the banners? Would be fine risking a few ten pulls on the new guy, Zhongli or (gasp) Tortellini
It's been a while since either Benny or Xiangling were on banner so if they *really* wanted to push Lyney they could do Lyney/Lynette/Bennett/Xiangling. That said they rarely do banners that fit the character that much and there's the free bennett, so my guess is

Lynette/Xiangling/Xingqiu

and then second half would be

Freminet/Fischl/Diona

Danakir
Feb 10, 2014
To be fair Lynette/Xiangling/Xingqiu with Yelan on the other side would still be a really solid banner.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

yeah yelan/xiangling/xingqiu/lynette would be a good team all on its own but xingqiu doesnt work with lyney on multiple levels and hes the main character theyd be pushing

barbara and noelle are the other 4*s that havent had reruns for a while so if they wanted to make the banners worse they could toss them in, but they seem to like x.0 banners to be good. for instance, 3.0's was

Tighnari & Zhongli/Collei/Fischl/Diona

and Ganyu & Kokomi/Dori/Xingqiu/Sucrose

Diona was a bit of an odd fit but shes a good character on her own, and Tighnari/Collei/Fischl/Flex is a pretty good team even if Tighnari prefers Yae.

Likewise Dori isn't great but Kokomi/Dori/Xingqiu/Sucrose is a functioning taser team.

Traveller
Jan 6, 2012

WHIM AND FOPPERY

Kale posted:

Childe coming into play to potentially throw more chaos into the mix came as a bit of a surprise to me too. Don't think anything was leaked about him being involved in this story arc. It seems like he's here because he heard about and wanted to challenge Chlorinde to a duel and ends up getting roped into whatever is happening with the traveler.

I mean, Childe technically showed up for Scaramouche's plot in Labyrinth Warriors, but absolutely nothing came out of that.

Tampa Bae
Aug 23, 2021

Please, this is all I have

Space Opera posted:

I'd LIKE to use them to mark oculi I've picked up in new regions but Sumeru had 271 and Fontaine should be even higher. It's just baffling that we only have 150 pins for 5 countries plus 2 extra map zones.
typically I just mark them off as I find them and every day or two I pull up the official interactive map and mark them off there & clear my in-game map so it isn't as cluttered. Works better for me

MoonCrab
Nov 19, 2014

A mildly pertubed emoji face

Meowywitch posted:

Hey did they ever give out a free Gorou or am I just unlucky to have never gotten him, the Sole Guy Who Shows Inazuma Uniques????

Just unlucky. I'm pretty sure he's only ever run with Itto, so if you're not interested in Itto it's not super unlikely that you'd never get him.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

there was that one time he was inexplicably run with wanderer

Kale
May 14, 2010

MoonCrab posted:

Just unlucky. I'm pretty sure he's only ever run with Itto, so if you're not interested in Itto it's not super unlikely that you'd never get him.

Maybe they'll run him with Navia whenever that banner is up never know. Guess it depends whether she's a DPS or not.

Tampa Bae
Aug 23, 2021

Please, this is all I have
The Electrogranum buffs are pretty crazy but is there anywhere that it's beneficial to use them to take on tougher enemies? I've seen them occasionally near hylichurls or large samurai but they don't seem common enough to have built an entire system around buffing the attack power.

Meowywitch
Jan 14, 2010

I finished the big summer adventure event

So is this area gonna disappear forever too

Shinji2015
Aug 31, 2007
Keen on the hygiene and on the mission like a super technician.

Meowywitch posted:

Just finished Day 2 earlier.

Yup!

MajorBonnet
May 28, 2009

How did I get here?

Meowywitch posted:

Yes. Maybe it will be back for next summer's event? The oceanids give a hook for Fontaine

FractalSandwich
Apr 25, 2010

Meowywitch posted:

All things do, Traveller.

Meowywitch
Jan 14, 2010

This game still needs to cut like half of the dialogue it has

i do not care about the imaginary play i'm sowwy

Kale
May 14, 2010

Finally finished up the Mirage and collected everything, just have one more post event quest to wrap up today that popped up about some Curios and that's it. It was okay, but I prefer it when the event stories focus on the actual cast of the game a bit more rather than an NPC that we'll likely never see again after the event is over. I don't know if there was feedback about sticking character story lore in events for people to never see again like they were doing more earlier in the game, but like for example the Akademiya festival event focused primarily on the cast of Sumeru, especially Kaveh, and was the last one I really got into all that much and ditto last year with the one about Mona/Fischl/Kazuha/Xinyan. I had fun exploring the era and with the antics of the Eidolons though which were definitely the highlight of the patch. Back to trying to figure out what's going on with this chess board in the desert I suppose and clearing up some exploration stuff ahead of Fontaine.

3 Faruzan's, a Rosaria and no Yanfei's in 45 pulls. Really could not have gone much better here. Think I'm gonna call it off here and see what 50/50 brings in 4.0. Really no reason not too and I'll probably end up using the hopefully next 30 or so pulls on the Yelan banner and hope I don't miss the 50/50 for that second lifeline stock constellation this time. If I miss the 50/50 hopefully finally Mona or failing that another Jean constellation since I still use her and then we'll have to see who is on the 4.1 banners.

Kale fucked around with this message at 18:53 on Aug 5, 2023

Tree Reformat
Apr 2, 2022

by Fluffdaddy
GAA2 kinda showed the limitations of the playable characters narrative-wise, though. The only one who got actual character development was Fischl, the other three just got their established backstories slightly expanded for us.

I get the appeal of NPCs for the writers, it lets them write self-contained character arcs without stepping on marketing's toes.

ninjoatse.cx
Apr 9, 2005

Fun Shoe

Meowywitch posted:

Klee at the end was just too cute.

Meowywitch
Jan 14, 2010

Is Inazuma gonna loving restock its jewelry shop ever??? how long must I wait?

Kale
May 14, 2010

Meowywitch posted:

That was one of those rare points where I felt the same way as the people that complain about the un-skippable dialogue and like can't I just move this along here. Literally I had no button to even press to move the dialogue along because of the nature of the presentation and some of the pauses between the narrator speaking and the next line change or having to operate a prop then waiting for the scene change over just felt unreasonably long for no real reason. The roller coaster ones with the cheap props and Paimon constantly criticizing them had much better pacing.

ninjoatse.cx
Apr 9, 2005

Fun Shoe
Did you finish the tree?

It sells a bunch on furniture blueprints and some mats.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Meowywitch posted:

thats a weird way of saying it isnt opening until you finish the tree

MajorBonnet
May 28, 2009

How did I get here?

Kale posted:

That was one of those rare points where I felt the same way as the people that complain about the un-skippable dialogue and like can't I just move this along here. Literally I had no button to even press to move the dialogue along because of the nature of the presentation and some of the pauses between the narrator speaking and the next line change or having to operate a prop then waiting for the scene change over just felt unreasonably long for no real reason. The roller coaster ones with the cheap props and Paimon constantly criticizing them had much better pacing.

Yeah, I thought the radio play quest was neat and the pacing was spot on, ie, I never noticed the pacing of it.

Kale
May 14, 2010

Meowywitch posted:

The thing that got me the most about Inazuma is they had a hot spring building in Inazuma city and have never once used it at any point for a set piece yet. It's just sort of there and the attendant tells you it's for lords of the shogunate only and that's it. I also thought at some point we would see Chiyo pop back up cause it said that she was still out there after her going berserk and getting her horn cut off by Raiden yet nothing ever comes of that. I keep wondering if at some point during some event that's going to come up somehow.

Shinji2015
Aug 31, 2007
Keen on the hygiene and on the mission like a super technician.
Oh yeah, I forgot about there being an onsen in Inazuma City. I had fully expected them to use it but it never came up at any point past its introduction, I think

Stare-Out
Mar 11, 2010

Here's the musical performance from the livestream, some really cool stuff like a glass harp and glass harmonica and of course an accordion and french horns because France.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qZ9DaB7xRZs

ninjoatse.cx
Apr 9, 2005

Fun Shoe

Shinji2015 posted:

Oh yeah, I forgot about there being an onsen in Inazuma City. I had fully expected them to use it but it never came up at any point past its introduction, I think

You can build one for your teapot.

Anora
Feb 16, 2014

I fuckin suck!🪠

Stare-Out posted:

of course an accordion

Weird Al cross over when?

Tree Reformat
Apr 2, 2022

by Fluffdaddy

ninjoatse.cx posted:

You can build one for your teapot.

Literally the first thing I did when I unlocked teapot lol

who wouldn't want their own private onsen in their own personal pocket plane? now there's a power fantasy for ya, teapot needs more options like that

ninjoatse.cx
Apr 9, 2005

Fun Shoe

Anora posted:

Weird Al cross over when?

Natlan is just ranchero music

Meowywitch
Jan 14, 2010

its weird how Natlan barely exists and I think I can count the number of times its been directly talked about on one hand

haypliss
Oct 2, 2022
No point talking about it until we're going, seems to be the general structure for these things. Look forward to Liben events next year.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ninjoatse.cx
Apr 9, 2005

Fun Shoe
We’ve seen people from Fontaine since 1.x, and a few people from inazuma were added later in 1.x. Sumeru outfits were in 2.0, I think? I knew they were there by 2.3. I don’t think we’ve seen anyone claiming to be from Natlan. I know people aren;t supposed to be able to leave Natlan, but they weren’t allowed to leave Inazuma either.