Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

redshirt
Aug 11, 2007

Mulaney Power Move posted:

Lol remember in the Quark vs. the Union episode where they were playing some dart game where they just throw the things into each other's chest. They'd just start lobbing fastballs at each other's heads.

Alright alright, no Nausicans. I'm sure the Vulcan League will be upset /s

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GolfHole
Feb 26, 2004

Excuse me... I'd just like to ask a question. What does God need with a shortstop...?

Hyrax Attack!
Jan 13, 2009

We demand to be taken seriously

Lol remember in the Quark vs. the Union episode where they were playing some dart game where they just throw the things into each other's chest. They'd just start lobbing fastballs at each other's heads.

Lol those thugs were played by professional dart players only for that scene.

Hollismason
Jun 30, 2007
An alright dude.
I'd rather rewatch Voyager episodes than TNG episodes.

Mulaney Power Move
Dec 30, 2004

Hollismason posted:

I'd rather rewatch Voyager episodes than TNG episodes.

(standing under 4 lights with Cardassian torture device) I don't see how you can be so mistaken

Hollismason
Jun 30, 2007
An alright dude.
I've seen every TNG episode like 10 times. With Voyager I can at least watch a episode and then not immediately remember what's next.

redshirt
Aug 11, 2007

(standing under 4 lights with Cardassian torture device) I don't see how you can be so mistaken

THERE ARE 4 LIGHTS!

Mulaney Power Move
Dec 30, 2004

I never finished Voyager. I think I bailed some time after Equinox.

redshirt
Aug 11, 2007

I never finished Voyager. I think I bailed some time after Equinox.

Spoiler alert:

Animal-Mother
Feb 14, 2012

RABBIT RABBIT
RABBIT RABBIT

I never finished Voyager.

They get home. That's it. They get home and it ends.

Mr. Mercury
Aug 13, 2021

So the SNW musical ep songs are already on streaming services

alexandriao
Jul 20, 2019

Mr. Mercury posted:

So the SNW musical ep songs are already on streaming services

Its cuz they're good, OP

Mr. Mercury
Aug 13, 2021

The songs are well done, the musical format for TV is overdone and exhausting

Both can be true!

TheDeadlyShoe
Feb 14, 2014

GolfHole posted:

Excuse me... I'd just like to ask a question. What does God need with a shortstop...?

What Does God Need with a Shortstop?

The Rise and Fall of the Interstellar League

Third Edition, Annotated and Revised

Facebook Aunt
Oct 4, 2008

wiggle wiggle

Blistex posted:

SNW is perfectly channeling TOS. The biggest danger for strange new worlds is Paramount executives getting their filthy rat claws dug into it and trying to turn it into something aping game of thrones or some other popular IP that they want to try and cash in on.

Agreed. In isolation an anomaly that turns you into a musical and can only be ended by a grand finale is dumb as hell. But it is fine in the context of a setting that also has a mobster planet, a nazi planet, and a planet that is a perfect physical and historical duplicate of Earth except the USA/USSR cold war turned hot and destroyed civilization. poo poo's weird.

Facebook Aunt
Oct 4, 2008

wiggle wiggle

If anyone isn't watching SNW at least watch this:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=arQcprQvHOo

redshirt
Aug 11, 2007

TheDeadlyShoe posted:

What Does God Need with a Shortstop?

The Rise and Fall of the Interstellar League

Have you heard of Buck Bokai?

davidspackage
May 16, 2007

Nap Ghost

redshirt posted:

THERE ARE 4 LIGHTS!

Alright, I'm just gonna say it, there are five lights. I see em. One-two-three-four-five. So, if you'll just give me back my pants, I'll be out of here and you can get back to sucking taspar eggs. Cool?

McSpanky
Jan 16, 2005

Facebook Aunt posted:

If anyone isn't watching SNW at least watch this:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=arQcprQvHOo

Flowers For Algeria
Dec 3, 2005

I humbly offer my services as forum inquisitor. There is absolutely no way I would abuse this power in any way.

huge missed opportunity making it a boys band and not the origin story of klingon opera

thotsky
Jun 7, 2005

hot to trot
I kind of hoped they would hail the Klingons when they first discovered the problem and the Klingons just go "honestly, it's not so different than how things usually are on a Klingon ship".

Facebook Aunt
Oct 4, 2008

wiggle wiggle

I want to know how the musical anomaly would effect different species. Like they figured emotion and secrets were triggers for songs.

How would that effect a Vulcan crew? Would their famous emotional control and logic protect them? (It didn't for Spock, but he's half-human and in a time of emotional turbulence.)

What about a Romulan ship? So many schemes and secrets to get blurted out.

Eighties ZomCom
Sep 10, 2008

Blistex posted:

SNW is perfectly channeling TOS. The biggest danger for strange new worlds is Paramount executives getting their filthy rat claws dug into it and trying to turn it into something aping game of thrones or some other popular IP that they want to try and cash in on.

They kind of already did this. It was Discovery.
And Picard too.

Eighties ZomCom fucked around with this message at 13:51 on Aug 6, 2023

Nice Tuckpointing!
Nov 3, 2005

The "What You Leave Behind" documentary parts in which they hash together a theoretical Season 8 for DS9 already shows hints of that dragged-out mystery box every-thing's-connected storytelling schlock. They plot out this whole inciting incident that weaves together a mystery that takes the whole season to resolve and sure enough the universe is only as vast as the handful of characters we already know...when all we really wanted with a Season 8 is Sisko choosing to come back to Jake. And the writing gang obviously gave zero shits on that front when making their 90-minute elevator pitch for a DS9 reboot knock-off of "24" and "Lost". Thank the Prophets that never happened.

redshirt
Aug 11, 2007

Speaking of DS9, so wild that Nog got a better arc than Jake. And Jake was a 7 season main character (as per the opening credits).

Nice Tuckpointing!
Nov 3, 2005

Yeah, Jake's character peaked with "The Visitor", and that wasn't even Cirroc Lofton nor did the episode have in-universe consequenses.

alexandriao
Jul 20, 2019

Nice Tuckpointing! posted:

The "What You Leave Behind" documentary parts in which they hash together a theoretical Season 8 for DS9 already shows hints of that dragged-out mystery box every-thing's-connected storytelling schlock. They plot out this whole inciting incident that weaves together a mystery that takes the whole season to resolve and sure enough the universe is only as vast as the handful of characters we already know...when all we really wanted with a Season 8 is Sisko choosing to come back to Jake. And the writing gang obviously gave zero shits on that front when making their 90-minute elevator pitch for a DS9 reboot knock-off of "24" and "Lost". Thank the Prophets that never happened.

Another point for Babylon 5 :laugh:

Kibayasu
Mar 28, 2010

Yeah, Jake's character peaked with "The Visitor", and that wasn't even Cirroc Lofton nor did the episode have in-universe consequenses.

Nor the Battle to the Strong was very good too happened after The Visitor. That’s two episodes!

redshirt
Aug 11, 2007

Yeah I don't blame the actor at all, but the writers. They had no idea what to do with the character after his little kid stuff in the early seasons.

Hyrax Attack!
Jan 13, 2009

We demand to be taken seriously

So glad they got that made when they did. Also glad it’s not just a victory lap but they addressed issues with production like how Farrell was treated.

GolfHole
Feb 26, 2004

If they took it to a logical conclusion he'd probably join the maquis or vedeks or something sooooooooo gently caress it.

Nice Tuckpointing!
Nov 3, 2005

Hyrax Attack! posted:

So glad they got that made when they did. Also glad it’s not just a victory lap but they addressed issues with production like how Farrell was treated.

I liked the rest of the doc. But crafting of a Season 8 felt forced.

Sedgr
Sep 16, 2007

Neat!

TheDeadlyShoe posted:

Vulcan version of 'Who's on First?' is funniest to non-vulcans.

redshirt
Aug 11, 2007

Sedgr posted:

Vulcan version of 'Who's on First?' is funniest to non-vulcans.

LOL I'm imagining the first Vulcan stand up comedian. Brick wall, on Vulcan Prime.

Nice Tuckpointing!
Nov 3, 2005

"What's the deal with replicator food?"

GolfHole
Feb 26, 2004

Cross-species hit: Vulcan Mr Bean.

Lord Hydronium
Sep 25, 2007

Non, je ne regrette rien

"Why are male humans always leaving the toilet seat up? This is not logical."

*entire crowd gives an appreciative eyebrow raise*

appropriatemetaphor
Jan 26, 2006

Mr. Mercury posted:

The songs are well done, the musical format for TV is overdone and exhausting

Both can be true!

is it? I don't think any show i've ever watched has had a musical episode ever?

I know there's that buffy one? but never really watched buffy.

I guess the office had where they watched sweeny tod?

First of May
May 1, 2017
🎵 Bring your favorite lady, or at least your favorite lay! 🎵

"Have you observed that Vulcans pilot their vessels in one manner, while Klingons pilot their vessels in a different manner? Curious."

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

redshirt
Aug 11, 2007

appropriatemetaphor posted:

is it? I don't think any show i've ever watched has had a musical episode ever?

I know there's that buffy one? but never really watched buffy.

I guess the office had where they watched sweeny tod?

The Buffy musical is amazing and no other show can hope to rival it.