Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?
Must have been the wind.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bloody Hedgehog
Dec 12, 2003

💥💥🤯💥💥
Gotta nuke something

PostNouveau posted:

When they reboot the prequels, I hope they have the artistic integrity to show the 1 adult vs. 12 5-year-olds lightsaber fight.

JediTalentAgent
Jun 5, 2005
Hey, look. Look, if- if you screw me on this, I shall become more powerful than you can possibly imagine, you rat bastard!
So is WB pulling their stuff off of Max and just throwing it on Tubi or something?

I just noticed that the Matrix Resurrections was on there last night. Seems like a pretty quick turn around to end up on a free service like that after the movie itself hasn't even been out for 2 years.

I AM GRANDO
Aug 20, 2006

Tubi has like 15 years of episodes of Jeopardy, which is pretty neat. I’d consider paying for them to get episodes without commercials, but they’re probably more profitable free with commercials.

gently caress these capitalists.

Cubone
May 26, 2011

Because it never leaves its bedroom, no one has ever seen this poster's real face.

Arc Hammer posted:

Must have been the wind.
Tony Lazuto? You're telling me Tony La- what was that? I swear I saw something. Mind must be playing tricks on me.

trilobite terror
Oct 20, 2007
BUT MY LIVELIHOOD DEPENDS ON THE FORUMS!

RealityWarCriminal posted:

This is a real trailer. not one of those fake trailers from pages ago.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Xo2O-X_UYuo

the trintity

trilobite terror
Oct 20, 2007

Rod Hoofhearted posted:

So… do all of the other randos pay Deuaundra to be in her movies? Kind of a “pretend to be a star” type deal like that business that made Rebecca Black’s “Friday?”

colonelwest posted:

It seems like a combo of inherited money, defrauding a church and the legions of desperate LA baristas willing to act in anything.

prolly ppl from her church

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

"From each according to his ability" said Ares. It sounded like a quotation.
Buglord
Haha, yeah!

btw do any of you think the rlm guys experimented with each others bodies

Dijkstracula
Mar 18, 2003

You can't spell 'vector field' without me, Professor!

yeah.

pairofdimes
May 20, 2001

blehhh

RealityWarCriminal posted:

This is a real trailer. not one of those fake trailers from pages ago.
Deaundra

How does she just never get any better? It wouldn't be so embarrassing if she didn't take it all so seriously, with her pretend TV channel, production company, and awards from no-name festivals. I was clicking around one of the other videos on her channel and she mentions working with someone for 16 years. How do you not improve in 16 years?

Sally
Jan 9, 2007

Don't post Small Dash!

Zokari
Jul 23, 2007

i genuinely can't even imagine being able to look at the "movies" she makes and being able to tell myself "yes, i can allow other people to see this"

trilobite terror
Oct 20, 2007

pairofdimes posted:

How does she just never get any better? It wouldn't be so embarrassing if she didn't take it all so seriously, with her pretend TV channel, production company, and awards from no-name festivals. I was clicking around one of the other videos on her channel and she mentions working with someone for 16 years. How do you not improve in 16 years?

Zokari posted:

i genuinely can't even imagine being able to look at the "movies" she makes and being able to tell myself "yes, i can allow other people to see this"

this is why I know it’s thru her church

so many churches do passion plays and seasonal theatre and even their own micro-broadcasting because they’re full of people like this

Noam Chomsky
Apr 4, 2019

:capitalism::dehumanize:

PostNouveau posted:

Just think of all the money we'll save by using nobodies!

You can see how they'd fall into the trap because they made a few lesser-knowns into A-listers, but they've clearly lost the ability to make a movie people like since then.

The other problems is right now they don’t have any A List characters to bring into the fold until they do Fantastic Four and X-Men and they have storylines and villains that can carry multiple movies.

They are just hoping people keep eating the slop with existing characters and then they’ll hit the Fantastic Four and X-Men buttons when sales start to dip.

Noam Chomsky
Apr 4, 2019

:capitalism::dehumanize:

henkman posted:

They could have also just stopped after Endgame and been remembered as an ambitious way to tell a long story that mostly paid off, instead it's just been losing steam and now no one cares lol

That’s not really true. I believe No Way Home, Multiverse of Madness, and Guardians 3 all made money. Even Ant Man Quantumania made 461 million world wide.

People liked She-Hulk and Ms. Marvel. Secret Invasion sucked but Loki Season 2 is coming up and people will watch that I think.

I’m not sure how The Marvels will do.

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

"From each according to his ability" said Ares. It sounded like a quotation.
Buglord
I'm sure a lot of other things that disney piledrove into the core of the earth made money for a while before they died too

colonelwest
Jun 30, 2018

LOL Han Solo punching a giant otter will always be canon to me.

Stink Billyums
Jul 7, 2006

MAGNUM

https://archive.org/details/william-shatners-spplat-attack-dvd-2002/William+Shatner%27s+Spplat+Attack+(2002).ISO

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer
Strange New Worlds did their musical episode

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=arQcprQvHOo

Nefarious 2.0
Apr 22, 2008

Offense is overrated anyway.

oh yeah let me introduce that poo poo to my youtube algorithm

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer

Nefarious 2.0 posted:

oh yeah let me introduce that poo poo to my youtube algorithm

Michael Burnham Crying 5 Hour Supercut

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

$390 on reregs …

lobsterminator
Oct 16, 2012

pairofdimes posted:

This is what's so hard to understand about these kind of filmmakers. There seems to be something missing from their brains that make most people create something, compare it to professional products and try to take sensible steps to move towards that direction.

Len is a treasure, but the RLM guys also commented how his work seemed to get worse with every movie.

A lot of these amateur films have picture quality worse than what a regular phone records. It's like they go out of their way to look like crap.

Sunk Dunk
Apr 14, 2021
whatever mental illness she has, i wish i had it. i bet she's so happy

trilobite terror
Oct 20, 2007

lobsterminator posted:

A lot of these amateur films have picture quality worse than what a regular phone records. It's like they go out of their way to look like crap.

this also makes sense if she's using gear from a church or college's AV closet, and doesn't actually know anything about it, or where the market's gone wrt tech

like somebody who knew better and had zero budget might just find people with recent model year iPhones and put them on camera duty, but instead she's gonna use a prosumer camera from 1999 because it's giant and it has XLR inputs (that she isn't using) and somebody who works at the church told her it was "broadcast quality" and "very expensive", and maybe it's the only camera she's ever used the past five times

like I did some documentary coursework in grad school ~a decade ago and it was very obvious who was using the "expensive professional" cameras that the school had on hand to lend out, which had been procured in the early-mid 2000s and couldn't shoot HD, and who simply shot with their smartphone or DSLR

Frank Frank
Jun 13, 2001

Mirrored

Quantum of Phallus posted:

$390 on reregs …

A leaderboard for permabanned rereg weirdos would be fun.

henkman
Oct 8, 2008
I don't think they need more attention

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?

Quantum of Phallus posted:

$390 on reregs …

think of what i could have bought with that money

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?

Sunk Dunk posted:

unipolar mania? I dont think thats a real dsm but I bet it'd be fun until it wasn't

Frank Frank
Jun 13, 2001

Mirrored

Milo and POTUS posted:

think of what i could have bought with that money

With just 4 interest-free payments of $390, you could own this bad boy:

kalel
Jun 19, 2012

sad news, the wga/sag aftra/amptp negotiations have failed again: https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/world/wga-continues-strike-after-another-round-of-amptp-negotiations-no-agreement/ar-AA1eRbLs

quote:

The union group detailed in the statement that the AMPTP "were willing to increase their offer on a few writer-specific TV minimums – and willing to talk about AI – but that they were not willing to engage on the preservation of the writers’ room, or success-based residuals."

They also "did not indicate willingness to address screenwriter issues, Appendix A issues, and many of the other proposals that remain on our list."

Randarkman
Jul 18, 2011

Sunk Dunk posted:

With her DMCA takedowns and stuch against stuff that critiques her work, I get the impression that she is filled with rage. Or maybe it's her mom who's doing that.

Frank Frank
Jun 13, 2001

Mirrored

Randarkman posted:

With her DMCA takedowns and stuch against stuff that critiques her work, I get the impression that she is filled with rage. Or maybe it's her mom who's doing that.

Iirc the RLM guys said it’s some law firm doing it on her behalf but she isn’t filing the takedowns herself.

Randarkman
Jul 18, 2011

Frank Frank posted:

Iirc the RLM guys said it’s some law firm doing it on her behalf but she isn’t filing the takedowns herself.

I mean, isn't that how you'd usually do it? I assume someone must have told the law firm to do that.

Frank Frank
Jun 13, 2001

Mirrored

Randarkman posted:

I mean, isn't that how you'd usually do it? I assume someone must have told the law firm to do that.

Not always. Sometimes it’s the creators themselves or their fans who go around flagging stuff

happyhippy
Feb 21, 2005

Playing games, watching movies, owning goons. 'sup
Pillbug

lobsterminator posted:

This is what's so hard to understand about these kind of filmmakers. There seems to be something missing from their brains that make most people create something, compare it to professional products and try to take sensible steps to move towards that direction.

Len is a treasure, but the RLM guys also commented how his work seemed to get worse with every movie.

There's another factor, you can only shake down rubes to fund your movies once.
Your first movie, the one you have been planning all your life, the one thats going to make you the next Lucas.
You may get family and friends to invest in it heavily.
So you may be able to get half decent gear, hell even a yearly sub whatever editing program of choice.
But it fails to make any money, and by your fourth movie unless you have no morales like Ed Wood, you are editing using a Windows XP machine and cracked version of mid-2000s Adobe Elements.

happyhippy
Feb 21, 2005

Playing games, watching movies, owning goons. 'sup
Pillbug

SMELL MY FINGER

Sunk Dunk
Apr 14, 2021
LOW INVENTORY ONLY A FEW LEFT

RealityWarCriminal
Aug 10, 2016

:o:
Deuandra is a true believer. one of the most black tank top filmmakers in history.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Origami Dali
Jan 7, 2005

Get ready to fuck!
You fucker's fucker!
You fucker!
that or she's a victim of her mother's megalomania and has completely depersonalized