Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

tmfc
Sep 28, 2006

Punished Chuck posted:

That’s right, P-Mack.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Arrhythmia
Jul 22, 2011

Punished Chuck posted:

That’s right, P-Mack.

MacheteZombie
Feb 4, 2007
Currently watching death note for the first time. Good poo poo

Kild
Apr 24, 2010

Punished Chuck posted:

That’s right, P-Mack.

Joey McChrist
Aug 8, 2005

Punished Chuck posted:

That’s right, P-Mack.

Lunchmeat Larry
Nov 3, 2012

Watching Strictly Ballroom. hope it's as good as Romeo + Juliet and parts of Moulin Rouge

MeatwadIsGod
Sep 30, 2004

Foretold by Gyromancy
Rewatched Michael Mann's Thief. The cinematography is so crisp and it has a lot of pathos since James Caan's character spends all his best years in prison. The Tangerine Dream soundtrack is perfect. I realized this time that Pleasure of Tension from the MSX version of Snatcher is a riff on Thief's opening theme.

Nutmeg
Feb 8, 2004
Thief ftmfw

I got the tude now
Jul 22, 2007

Nutmeg posted:

Thief ftmfw

Good soup!
Nov 2, 2010

The Criterion Blu-ray for it is insanely good, too

Pretty awesome how they used real thieves as consultants

MeatwadIsGod
Sep 30, 2004

Foretold by Gyromancy

Good soup! posted:

The Criterion Blu-ray for it is insanely good, too

Pretty awesome how they used real thieves as consultants

Yeah the guy who plays that dirty cop with the acne scars was an irl thief who iirc got arrested again mid-robbery in the '90s

Good soup!
Nov 2, 2010

gently caress I gotta watch it again, love the finale and how tense it was shot and how methodical Frank carries everything out.

I just wish it got more attention

Fortaleza
Feb 21, 2008

Thief is on my list but I trust y’all’s taste so it’s now bumped up :cheers:

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Got really drunk, excited+sad and stared watching NGE again.

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

I'm going to watch the Gear 5 episode of one piece after skipping the last 50 or so. lets go

symbolic
Nov 2, 2014

Evil Eagle posted:

I'm going to watch the Gear 5 episode of one piece after skipping the last 50 or so. lets go

illegal

hamsauce666
Apr 11, 2018

Nutmeg posted:

Thief ftmfw

Kild
Apr 24, 2010

Evil Eagle posted:

symbolic
Nov 2, 2014

have to flip my sleep schedule this week so spendin the night watching Azumanga Daioh for the first time and it's real good so far. the classics hold up

symbolic
Nov 2, 2014

i say that and then the next ep introduces the creepy pervert teacher. ffs

mycophobia
May 7, 2008

symbolic posted:

i say that and then the next ep introduces the creepy pervert teacher. ffs

hes easily the worst part of the show but the rest is good if you can stomach his scenes

symbolic
Nov 2, 2014

mycophobia posted:

hes easily the worst part of the show but the rest is good if you can stomach his scenes

yeah i'm absolutely gonna power through cuz the rest of the show so far is extremely solid, but still...rough

P-Mack
Nov 10, 2007

Watched the first season of Link Click, pretty deece Chinese anime about two guys with time travel powers for reasons that never get explained. Doesn't always hit but overall it was pretty refreshing to have an anime about chill Chinese twenty-somethings instead of idiotic Japanese high schoolers. Ended on a big cliffhanger but I hope season two doesn't entirely jettison slice of life filler episodes to do dramatic plot stuff.

Sleng Teng
May 3, 2009

Link Clink is cool yeah. did they fix the subtitles for the early episodes or are they kinda jank still

P-Mack
Nov 10, 2007

Sleng Teng posted:

Link Clink is cool yeah. did they fix the subtitles for the early episodes or are they kinda jank still

Still kinda jank, they switch between different translations for the same thing sometimes, and at least one spot I saw where they just call a character the completely wrong name for no reason

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

Been on a lot of Foucault and Nietzhe (sp) lately. Foucault is cool cuz he’s kinda like Nietzsche and Nietzsche is cool cuz he’s funny and even when you want to argue with him you have to fear he might be right a lot of the time.

Sharks Eat Bear
Dec 25, 2004

Was searching for some semi obscure banjo player’s music and came across two unrelated kickass album covers

Lunchmeat Larry
Nov 3, 2012

https://youtu.be/ftEz-m0kEWA

copy
Jul 26, 2007

Sharks Eat Bear posted:

Was searching for some semi obscure banjo player’s music and came across two unrelated kickass album covers

lol these own. also who was the banjo player

Sharks Eat Bear
Dec 25, 2004

copy posted:

lol these own. also who was the banjo player

Different guy named mark Johnson. Little too bluegrassy for me tbh

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=99PEQ2PnLcU

Sharks Eat Bear
Dec 25, 2004

drat I remember this guy posted his own wwe theme songs here like a decade ago. Always thought the stardust one was legit very good

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

very upset i didn't have the time to check in on the IZ verdict on Barbenheimner

Sharks Eat Bear
Dec 25, 2004

Bicyclops posted:

very upset i didn't have the time to check in on the IZ verdict on Barbenheimner

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XNJ1RHUnX9s

copy
Jul 26, 2007

its been too long since i listened to banjo music. idk how i feel about playing clawhammer but bluegrass instead of old timey or jazz though. i think its fine? ddues def good at it tho

mycophobia
May 7, 2008
listening to new autechre live release. its neat

Lunchmeat Larry
Nov 3, 2012

Sharks Eat Bear posted:

drat I remember this guy posted his own wwe theme songs here like a decade ago. Always thought the stardust one was legit very good

Lol I didn't know he was a goony goon goon until I tried the secret levels in his new Hypnospace FPS game and one of them is groverhaus

Mekchu
Apr 10, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
trying to find a new show to watch but am stuck so i've been rewatching venture bros

scary ghost dog
Aug 5, 2007

Lunchmeat Larry posted:

Lol I didn't know he was a goony goon goon until I tried the secret levels in his new Hypnospace FPS game and one of them is groverhaus

theres a new hypnospace outlaw game? sick

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

Mekchu posted:

trying to find a new show to watch but am stuck so i've been rewatching venture bros

Try Rick & Morton and Bojack Horsemen.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nutmeg
Feb 8, 2004

Wormskull posted:

Try Rick & Morton and Bojack Horsemen.