Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

REMEMBER SPONGE MONKEYS
Oct 3, 2003

What do you think it means, bitch?
Joking? We do not allow such frivolity on these hallowed, largely deceased forums!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

LifeSunDeath
Jan 4, 2007

still gay rights and smoke weed every day

LOL

e,c:

no clue what this is supposed to be other than sysiphus but also LOL at the bitcoin tattoo

LifeSunDeath has a new favorite as of 03:52 on Aug 6, 2023

a fatguy baldspot
Aug 29, 2018

LifeSunDeath posted:

LOL

e,c:

no clue what this is supposed to be other than sysiphus but also LOL at the bitcoin tattoo

Sisyphus x Le Petit Prince

CommonShore
Jun 6, 2014

A true renaissance man

LifeSunDeath posted:

LOL

e,c:

I don't think it's Sysiphus - it looks to me more like a variation on Atlas or are troops who shield flying knives from sleeping babby

wheatpuppy
Apr 25, 2008

YOU HAVE MY POST!

CommonShore posted:

I don't think it's Sysiphus - it looks to me more like a variation on Atlas or are troops who shield flying knives from sleeping babby

Sisyphus literally is famous for rolling a big rock up a hill so ...

don longjohns
Mar 2, 2012

LifeSunDeath posted:

LOL

e,c:

It's the titular Little Prince from Le Petit Prince

CommonShore
Jun 6, 2014

A true renaissance man

wheatpuppy posted:

Sisyphus literally is famous for rolling a big rock up a hill so ...

Yeah but that doesn't look to me like what's happening there.

Busket Posket
Feb 5, 2010

✨ⓡⓐⓨⓜⓞⓝⓓ✨

LifeSunDeath posted:

LOL

e,c:

The shape and shading in the timg made it look like an unfortunate Synthol placement, with planet texturing that looks like ‘roid-acne. I want to lance the tattoo and see what comes out.

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

CommonShore posted:

Yeah but that doesn't look to me like what's happening there.

Look again? It's literally A guy rolling a giant rock a pill, I have no idea how you're seeing that as a shield

Baron von Eevl
Jan 24, 2005

WHITE NOISE
GENERATOR

🔊😴
It's obviously sisyphus but I can't figure out if "shield" is a voice to text error like "a pill" because no one said it looks like a shield.

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

Baron von Eevl posted:

It's obviously sisyphus but I can't figure out if "shield" is a voice to text error like "a pill" because no one said it looks like a shield.

Correct on uphill=a pill, but

CommonShore posted:

Takes No Damage
Nov 20, 2004

The most merciful thing in the world, I think, is the inability of the human mind to correlate all its contents. We live on a placid island of ignorance in the midst of black seas of infinity, and it was not meant that we should voyage far.

Grimey Drawer
Whoever they are they're both about to get extincted by the incoming Bitcoin meteor on the left :rip:

vvv
Maybe if it was suspended in space, but nah he's clearly rolling it up a hill.

Takes No Damage has a new favorite as of 22:03 on Aug 6, 2023

CommonShore
Jun 6, 2014

A true renaissance man

Opopanax posted:

Look again? It's literally A guy rolling a giant rock a pill, I have no idea how you're seeing that as a shield

I'm not saying it's a shield. I'm saying that the guy who is holding the rock is this guy

For the person sitting on the rock. Holding up his world, like Atlas. Similar sentiment.

whypick1
Dec 18, 2009

Just another jackass on the Internet
Yeah, no.

Source

It's 100% Sisyphus

CommonShore
Jun 6, 2014

A true renaissance man

well that's stupid to put a guy standing on top of it. Bad tattoo. -5 out of 5.

Rat Patrol
Feb 15, 2008

kill kill kill kill
kill me now
It's literally one of the first images that shows up when you google Sisyphus. I think a goon even had/has it as an avatar. I've never seen a depiction of atlas where the earth is resting on the ground

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

CommonShore posted:

well that's stupid to put a guy standing on top of it. Bad tattoo. -5 out of 5.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Little_Prince

NLJP
Aug 26, 2004

Yeah it's the little prince, very famous image

Mx.
Dec 16, 2006

I'm a great fan! When I watch TV I'm always saying "That's political correctness gone mad!"
Why thankyew!

Lol

brunch with yr parents
Jan 6, 2013

SWEATBOX SYMPHONY
It’s an elephant inside a boa constrictor you fools.

Takes No Damage
Nov 20, 2004

The most merciful thing in the world, I think, is the inability of the human mind to correlate all its contents. We live on a placid island of ignorance in the midst of black seas of infinity, and it was not meant that we should voyage far.

Grimey Drawer

Railing Kill
Nov 14, 2008

You are the first crack in the sheer face of god. From you it will spread.

Bouldy really let himself go. He used to be so cheerful. :(

Relyssa
Jul 29, 2012

silent hill fan spotted

Macksy
Oct 20, 2008

Not really bad or tasteless per se, just lame.

King Carnivore
Dec 17, 2007

Graveyard Disciple
Maybe my brain is hosed up or something, but I immediately imagined those shits getting stuck in a chain link fence or something and ripping out of flesh

Sentient Data
Aug 31, 2011

My molecule scrambler ray will disintegrate your armor with one blow!
My first thought was muggers not believing they're synthetic diamonds

maybeadracula
Sep 9, 2022

by sebmojo
My first thought was "eww"

I realize that may not be universal

whypick1
Dec 18, 2009

Just another jackass on the Internet

maybealabia posted:

My first thought was "eww"

I realize that may not be universal

Username/post combo

Shoehead
Sep 28, 2005

Wassup, Choom?
Ya need sumthin'?

Macksy posted:

The only time I've pierced a tattoo was on the Flat. Just thinking about throwing a Dermal punch into the side of a tattoo is making me sad

Knormal
Nov 11, 2001

Macksy posted:

Are they little hard candies in wrappers? Doesn't seem to match the dragon aesthetic.

Laserjet 4P
Mar 28, 2005

What does it mean?
Fun Shoe

Macksy posted:

Nah, it is bad and tasteless. The linework is poo poo and the jewels are placed randomly. The tattoo design should’ve incorporated them - green ones would’ve worked better.

History Comes Inside!
Nov 20, 2004

My wife has a couple of dermal anchors and despite having a ton of aftermarket holes myself they never stop freaking me out.

I would catch them on anything and everything.

Carbon Thief
Oct 11, 2009

Diamonds aren't the only things that are forever.
Considering how many clients I've had rip out nipple or navel piercings with mesh bath sponges or nose piercings with towels, yeah I don't think I want any dermal anchors myself. I snag my ears on enough things already.

Shoehead
Sep 28, 2005

Wassup, Choom?
Ya need sumthin'?
My boss is convinced she can do them. Bought a poo poo load of Dermal punches this year, but suspiciously wanted staff to try it first...

Carbon Thief posted:

Considering how many clients I've had rip out nipple or navel piercings with mesh bath sponges or nose piercings with towels, yeah I don't think I want any dermal anchors myself. I snag my ears on enough things already.

Hey are you another Goon Piercer?!

Carbon Thief
Oct 11, 2009

Diamonds aren't the only things that are forever.

Shoehead posted:

Yep! I work at a tattoo studio in Toronto, Canada. Been doing it for a little over 5 years now. :cool:

Shoehead
Sep 28, 2005

Wassup, Choom?
Ya need sumthin'?

Carbon Thief posted:

Yep! I work at a tattoo studio in Toronto, Canada. Been doing it for a little over 5 years now. :cool:

Oh nice, I'm in a studio in my hometown in Ireland. Afaik there's us and Dpack who's had his own shop for over ten years now. But who knows who else is lurking

Screaming Idiot
Nov 26, 2007

JUST POSTING WHILE JERKIN' MY GHERKIN SITTIN' IN A PERKINS!

BEATS SELLING MERKINS.

Shoehead posted:

Isn't that the movie about a train where everyone eats Hot Pockets made of bugs?

Modal Auxiliary
Jan 14, 2005

Screaming Idiot posted:

Isn't that the movie about a train where everyone eats Hot Pockets made of bugs?

I will personally bankroll this film if and only if Fragmaster agrees to play Tilda Swinton's role.

LifeSunDeath
Jan 4, 2007

still gay rights and smoke weed every day

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

wheatpuppy
Apr 25, 2008

YOU HAVE MY POST!
I am trying really hard to think of some innocent explanation for that tattoo that is just a wacky misunderstanding.