Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

Erin M. Fiasco posted:

They said the same drat thing about TikTok and YouTube Shorts and Third Innings at loving Wrestlemania I'm so tired

get some rest

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

JUNGLE BOY
Sep 23, 2019

WWE proved short form content was worthless when Tout was not the success it should have been

D.N. Nation
Feb 1, 2012

Drakkel posted:

They're really just gonna go through every possible combination of Bloodline members betraying each other at this point aren't they

Solo's last feud in NXT before getting called up was with Von Wagner, who is currently feuding with Bron Breakker, so you've got those permutations to go through too

weekly font
Dec 1, 2004

Everytime I try to fly I fall
Without my wings
I feel so small
Guess I need you baby...

Roman has to run through Solo (via Uso inteference) before dropping the WWE SLIM JIM TRIBBLE CHAMPIONSHIP

Germansimp
May 28, 2013

TV Zombie posted:

How did they keep Harley Races run enjoyable and fresh?

By not having nationwide television showing every one of his matches and the Internet to post all the results, mostly. Since it was still the territory days, he was basically travelling between all the different territories under the NWA banner, like CWF from Florida, NWA Hollywood, MLW in Eastern Canada, PNW in the Pacific Northwest, NWA Western, Houston Wrestling, etc, etc. That way the crowds were still into it, even if that title run included shitloads of DQ wins, Double Count-Outs, hour-long draws, and so forth.

Kennel
May 1, 2008

BAWWW-UNH!

D.N. Nation posted:

aha

ahahaha

AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

ROMAN/JEY WAS THE LONGEST MATCH IN SUMMERSLAM HISTORY

LONGER THAN WWE VS. NEXUS

LONGER THAN BRET VS. OWEN

Somehow when Tony Khan decides to do a long match, it's always a total banger, but in WWE it's usually a snoozefest.

-All longer than 36 minutes matches in TK-multiverse (multiman clusterfucks not included)

::: Matchguide Rating: 8.91 based on 410 votes. :: WON: ****1/2 ::::
Lights Out Match
Jon Moxley defeats Kenny Omega (38:46)

:::: Matchguide Rating: 9.55 based on 638 votes. :: WON: ***** ::::
AEW World Title Match
Adam Page (c) vs. Bryan Danielson - Time Limit Draw (60:00)

:::: Matchguide Rating: 8.63 based on 457 votes. :: WON: ****1/4 ::::
Singles Match
MJF defeats CM Punk (38:09)

:::: Matchguide Rating: 9.42 based on 442 votes. :: WON: ***** ::::
ROH World Tag Team Title Best Two Out Of Three Falls Match
FTR (Cash Wheeler & Dax Harwood) (c) defeat The Briscoes (Jay Briscoe & Mark Briscoe) [2:1] (43:26)

:::: Matchguide Rating: 9.62 based on 808 votes. :: WON: *****3/4 ::::
AEW World Title 60 Minute Iron Man Match
MJF (c) defeats Bryan Danielson [4:3] (65:15)

:::: Matchguide Rating: 9.59 based on 920 votes. :: WON: ****** ::::
IWGP United States Heavyweight Title Match
Will Ospreay (w/Don Callis) defeats Kenny Omega (c) (39:50) - TITLE CHANGE !!!

:::: Matchguide Rating: 9.46 based on 498 votes. :: WON: *****1/4 ::::
AEW World Tag Team Title Best Two Out Of Three Falls Match
FTR (Cash Wheeler & Dax Harwood) (c) defeat Bullet Club Gold (Jay White & Juice Robinson) [2:1] (58:03)

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
Hmm going to guess this is because he's using wrestlers who are great at what they do and not Roman Reigns, who is dogshit :thunkher:

Pope Corky the IX
Dec 18, 2006

What are you looking at?
Big Dogshit

Chinook
Apr 11, 2006

SHODAI

New thread title tbh

TheKingslayer
Sep 3, 2008

This entire god reign would have been neat if the stories and junk paid tribute to the various title reigns Roman was passing.

But not in like a ham fisted way. So that qualification takes WWE out. WWE also seems to hate it's own history.

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

Chinook posted:

New thread title tbh

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

sleep with the vicious
Apr 2, 2010
Wwe hates their fans and the fans love them for it, the real bloodline

Suplex Liberace
Jan 18, 2012

i cant wait for Roman to turn face at the top of the 5th inning then we can do everything back again

D.N. Nation
Feb 1, 2012

Kennel posted:

Somehow when Tony Khan decides to do a long match, it's always a total banger, but in WWE it's usually a snoozefest.

Just for yucks, here's a year of 30-minute PPV matches from the duba duba e

2023 SummerSlam: Roman vs. Jey
2023 MITB: Roman/Solo vs. Usos
WrestleMania 39: Roman vs. Cody
2023 Elimination Chamber: Roman vs. Sami; US title elimination chamber
Both Rumbles (obvs)
Both WarGames (obvs)
2022 Clash at the Castle: Roman vs. Drew

Finn/Edge at Extreme Rules '22 went 5 seconds under.

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

None of that even counts entrances, which is funnier because despite the Nexus/WWE match having 8 more participants to enter, still loses because Reigns' entrance last night was apparently a little over 7 minutes

Dishwasher
Dec 5, 2006

Congratulations on not getting fit in 2011!
Jey looked nervous as hell during the entrance. I'm gonna put it down to "This producer gave me something guaranteed to be the drizzling shits, 25 minutes too long, and I sure hope my push doesn't die because this whole thing is gonna be loving dire :ohdear:".

Like, we don't even know if "Upper Midcard if You Squint" Jey is necessarily even viable yet. If he doesn't take, the nickname they tried to push just looks very silly.

Dishwasher fucked around with this message at 15:50 on Aug 6, 2023

oldpainless
Oct 30, 2009

This 📆 post brought to you by RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS👥.
RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS 👥 - It's for your phone📲TM™ #ad📢

Friendship with Jey ended. Now Roman is best friend.

Invalid Validation
Jan 13, 2008

The only reason the USOs are where they are is because they’re related to Roman. They’d be on main event or NXT otherwise.

Erin M. Fiasco
Mar 21, 2013

Nothing's better than postin' in the morning!

they're actually a pretty good tag team and have been for many years now

But I mean... obviously? They wouldn't be doing a family angle without the presence of the family members. That would just be silly

Sisal Two-Step
May 29, 2006

mom without jaw
dad without wife

i'm taking all the Ls now, sorry

Chris James 2 posted:

None of that even counts entrances, which is funnier because despite the Nexus/WWE match having 8 more participants to enter, still loses because Reigns' entrance last night was apparently a little over 7 minutes

:psyduck: What did he do for 7 minutes? Did he cut a promo or something? Was it a commercial break?

AsInHowe
Jan 11, 2007

red winged angel

Sisal Two-Step posted:

:psyduck: What did he do for 7 minutes? Did he cut a promo or something? Was it a commercial break?

Long entrance path.

Sisal Two-Step
May 29, 2006

mom without jaw
dad without wife

i'm taking all the Ls now, sorry
Did he have to stop to take a water break or something?

shiksa
Nov 9, 2009

i went to one of these wrestling shows and it was... honestly? frickin boring. i wanna see ricky! i want to see his gold chains and respect for the ftw lifestyle

Sisal Two-Step posted:

Did he have to stop to take a water break or something?

he was doing the dewey cox thing where he had to stop and think about his entire life before he went and performed

Vandar
Sep 14, 2007

Isn't That Right, Chairman?

Invalid Validation posted:

They’d be on main event or NXT otherwise.

I mean, that's not true. Despite the shittiness of this storyline, the Usos are great in the ring.

Dimebags Brain
Feb 18, 2013

His Andre the Giant people mover broke down half way on the ramp and they spent 5 minutes having to swap out the battery and change a flat. It was actually very time efficient.

D.N. Nation
Feb 1, 2012

Usos/New Day saved 2017 SmackDown from being like '95 WWF levels of boring/terrible.

Dishwasher posted:

Jey looked nervous as hell during the entrance. I'm gonna put it down to "This producer gave me something guaranteed to be the drizzling shits, 25 minutes too long, and I sure hope my push doesn't die because this whole thing is gonna be loving dire :ohdear:".

Michael Cole was screaming OHHHH MYYYYY during even that women's title match that the crowd snoozed through, but still couldn't raise his voice for that main event

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR

DeepDickPizza posted:

Sounds lovely

Yeah it's gonna be loving dire. Neither of them can act to save their lives and they both know about three moves which, btw, are the same moves.

D.N. Nation posted:

aha

ahahaha

AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

ROMAN/JEY WAS THE LONGEST MATCH IN SUMMERSLAM HISTORY

LONGER THAN WWE VS. NEXUS

LONGER THAN BRET VS. OWEN

That actually makes a lot of sense because for the last decade, SummerSlam has mostly been The Brock Show, and Brock ain't workin' no fuckin' 35 minute cinema matches.

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR

Dishwasher posted:

Like, we don't even know if "Upper Midcard if You Squint" Jey is necessarily even viable yet. If he doesn't take, the nickname they tried to push just looks very silly.

It's actually incredible that Roman can do whatever he wants, I'm sure he has total control over every aspect of his matches at this point, he went over Sami, he went over Cody, he only gave up his first pin in three years and the main event of SummerSlam to his own cousin....

Just to lay the match out in a way where he just beats on him for 90% of it and cuts him immediately every single time he gets some offense. Beautiful stuff.

Kennel
May 1, 2008

BAWWW-UNH!
Did Logan and 'Chet go viral?

TheKingslayer
Sep 3, 2008

Someone should tell Roman to walk down the ramp faster or something. That's very inconsiderate of people's time.

Ringo Roadagain
Mar 27, 2010

Chris James 2 posted:

Lol

the sex ghost
Sep 6, 2009
What's the record for longest entrance. Like, theme hits to stepping in the ring. Feel like it must be a taker entrance

Orange Carlisle
Jul 14, 2007

I hope the bloodline stuff never ends because as someone that gets their wwe info exclusively from this thread it feels like the same two or three story beats have been repeated for a couple years now and it lets me know I'm not missing anything worthwhile because there are already too many hours of wrestling each week with the other brand

firmly puts the fomo aspect to rest when you know you're never missing out

CombineThresher
Apr 10, 2006

GIT R DONNE

Orange Carlisle posted:

I hope the bloodline stuff never ends because as someone that gets their wwe info exclusively from this thread it feels like the same two or three story beats have been repeated for a couple years now and it lets me know I'm not missing anything worthwhile because there are already too many hours of wrestling each week with the other brand

firmly puts the fomo aspect to rest when you know you're never missing out

Summerslam was a peculiar mix of good matches with bad finishes and bad matches with decent finishes, all building to a main event that was a bad match with a terrible finish. Oh, and whatever the gently caress that MMA rules match was trying to do. And a really long ad for Becky Lynch, who wasn't booked.

Dango Bango
Jul 26, 2007

the sex ghost posted:

What's the record for longest entrance. Like, theme hits to stepping in the ring. Feel like it must be a taker entrance

I always think back to a random person posting his own Royal Rumble with all his action figures. HHH starts his entrance and the next 2-3 guys are announced and make it to the ring before HHH lol.

TV Zombie
Sep 6, 2011

Burying all the trauma from past nights
Burying my anger in the past

Germansimp posted:

By not having nationwide television showing every one of his matches and the Internet to post all the results, mostly. Since it was still the territory days, he was basically travelling between all the different territories under the NWA banner, like CWF from Florida, NWA Hollywood, MLW in Eastern Canada, PNW in the Pacific Northwest, NWA Western, Houston Wrestling, etc, etc. That way the crowds were still into it, even if that title run included shitloads of DQ wins, Double Count-Outs, hour-long draws, and so forth.

Ah, so that’s impossible now

RealityWarCriminal
Aug 10, 2016

:o:

the sex ghost posted:

on tv they will start roman's entrance at 9:30 and then commercials and the match starts at 9:55

Sydney Bottocks
Oct 15, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 4 days!

weekly font posted:

No longer eligible for emmy. Now MUST win best short film oscar!!!

Why not done?!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Miching Mallecho
May 24, 2010

:yeshaha:
Can't wait for the Jimmy vs Jey match and the one who wins is the one to lose to Roman at...I don't know, the event after payback, hell in a cell?

And then after it's Solo's turn to lose to Roman, this culminates in Roman vs Cody II at mania in which...Roman wins :lol: