Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

bartok
May 10, 2006

weekly font posted:

No longer eligible for emmy. Now MUST win best short film oscar!!!

WWE needs an EGOT! Are you telling me WWE isn't as good as Whoopi Goldberg or Mel Brooks?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Soul Glo
Aug 27, 2003

Just let it shine through
the end of the bloodline will be all three uso's teaming up to take down thanosroman reigns

Orange Carlisle
Jul 14, 2007

so many different exciting configurations of usos and reigns for the next couple years

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
How much would it cost to get Rikishi out of retirement for one more match? :thunkher:

Kennel
May 1, 2008

BAWWW-UNH!
The Tribal Cheeks

The_Rob
Feb 1, 2007

Blah blah blah blah!!
It’s insane to think about how fun and interesting the Sami stuff was when he was with Bloodline. It added a whole new dynamic while building up a babyface to dethrone Roman like it was actually fun and cool, then they just beat him and that’s it. No one cares anymore.

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

some one should put on black clothes for their entrance so that the announcer will always say who the heeeeeeeeeeeeeeell and then i reveal who the fuuuuuuuuuuck I am! In the middle of the ring! I mean they do

Kennel
May 1, 2008

BAWWW-UNH!

The_Rob posted:

No one cares anymore.

I mean their numbers have just grown after that, so sadly I'm not sure if that's true.

Dishwasher
Dec 5, 2006

Congratulations on not getting fit in 2011!
I was fine with Roman's 97 Hogan shenanigans as long as the fights were good before the bullshit took place. But, if the fights are gonna be 'bad' it's a no-go because now main events are basically stalling and bullocks while waiting for the angle to drop, just like 97 Hogan. And that's unwatchable. :eng99:

NWO didn't jump the shark with the finger poke, it jumped the shark with Macho Man joining; after weeks and weeks and weeks of Nitros ending with him (and Elizabeth! 💀) being jumped by literally dozens of people. It signalled that they were just spinning their wheels and doing stuff just to fill time; even at the expense of people looking totally ridiculous like Jimmy did.

So...uhh, this can go ahead and conclude I guess. I wanted Gunther vs. Reigns, but definitely 'not' until things kinda normalize.

Edit:

3 Usos vs. Reigns in a Wargames match. Loser is banished to Raw.

Dishwasher fucked around with this message at 18:33 on Aug 6, 2023

The_Rob
Feb 1, 2007

Blah blah blah blah!!

Kennel posted:

I mean their numbers have just grown after that, so sadly I'm not sure if that's true.

I meant no one cares about Sami anymore.

Shaman Tank Spec
Dec 26, 2003

*blep*

The MMA match has an average score of 3,36/10 on Cagematch, which I didn't think was even possible for WWE matches. Just how unspeakably awful was it to break into the Forbidden Numbers?

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
People talking about how cool it was that Sami got to main event Mania and win the tag titles was so frustrating to me because it was so clear to me that that match and that win was the knife going into the back of Sami's chances of ever getting to the top and well, look where he is now.

Ringo Roadagain
Mar 27, 2010

was wondering what sami was up to and it looks like he lost a match to dom on raw 2 weeks ago. from being the most over guy on the roster to that.

Kennel
May 1, 2008

BAWWW-UNH!

The_Rob posted:

Ooh, yeah.

1glitch0
Sep 4, 2018

I DON'T GIVE A CRAP WHAT SHE BELIEVES THE HARRY POTTER BOOKS CHANGED MY LIFE #HUFFLEPUFF
Roman Reigns is TNA-era Jeff Jarrett and I don't know how to accept that.

Germansimp
May 28, 2013

1glitch0 posted:

TNA-era Double J at least had a banging entrance theme :colbert:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R6Kkn0RuQns

maruhkati
Sep 29, 2021

NAZ REID

Germansimp posted:

I also have a hard time imagining him doing surprisingly entertaining mid-card comedy heel work in 2043.

JUNGLE BOY
Sep 23, 2019

MJeff posted:

People talking about how cool it was that Sami got to main event Mania and win the tag titles was so frustrating to me because it was so clear to me that that match and that win was the knife going into the back of Sami's chances of ever getting to the top and well, look where he is now.

where is he, how was his match at summerslam?

SatoshiMiwa
May 6, 2007

MJeff posted:

Some people thought WWE was actually gonna elevate the tag titles and that's never gonna happen even if Vince dies and I guess they ignored the Sami interview before Montreal where he said WWE doesn't see guys that look like Sami as a top guy and thus couldn't see the writing on the wall. WWE got what they needed from Sami and the minute they could move him back to the mid card they did it

Blasmeister
Jan 15, 2012

2Time TRP Sack Race Champion

TheKingslayer posted:

This entire god reign would have been neat if the stories and junk paid tribute to the various title reigns Roman was passing.

But not in like a ham fisted way. So that qualification takes WWE out. WWE also seems to hate it's own history.

It both loves and hates its history, in that it loves to use stats going back as far as possible but also hates using that if it’s not putting over the current top stars as the greatest ever to do it. They have been trying since the punk era to get record title reigns in the hands of current stars, and then hilariously those people end up on the outs with the company so their reigns in turn need to be bested.

The_Rob
Feb 1, 2007

Blah blah blah blah!!
I’ve been saying it for a while but I think WWE wants Roman to be both the top face and top heel of the company. That’s why his character is a heel but the commentary treats him as this ultimate wrestling god. They just can’t envision a world where Roman isn’t on top in some capacity.

1glitch0
Sep 4, 2018

I DON'T GIVE A CRAP WHAT SHE BELIEVES THE HARRY POTTER BOOKS CHANGED MY LIFE #HUFFLEPUFF

Blasmeister posted:

It both loves and hates its history, in that it loves to use stats going back as far as possible but also hates using that if it’s not putting over the current top stars as the greatest ever to do it. They have been trying since the punk era to get record title reigns in the hands of current stars, and then hilariously those people end up on the outs with the company so their reigns in turn need to be bested.

I feel that Vince and co LOVE that the WWE has history but HATES that individual humans are involved in it.

The_Rob posted:

I’ve been saying it for a while but I think WWE wants Roman to be both the top face and top heel of the company. That’s why his character is a heel but the commentary treats him as this ultimate wrestling god. They just can’t envision a world where Roman isn’t on top in some capacity.

It's the inevitable conclusion of running a heel promotion for 25 years. In kayfabe the company is a heel, the company always wins, so of course the greatest, strongest wrestler of all time is a heel who always wins and who the company loves.

1glitch0 fucked around with this message at 19:45 on Aug 6, 2023

Fish Of Doom
Aug 18, 2004
I'm too awake for this to be a nightmare

MJeff posted:

He's like the number 3 babyface on Raw, behind Seth and Cody. He's probably never going to be world champion, but he's still main eventing every week and gets cheered pretty well. His stock is definitely higher now than when he was getting beat up by Brock every week and losing to Johnny Knoxville.

Coaaab
Aug 6, 2006

Wish I was there...

The_Rob posted:

As this post succinctly states:

SatoshiMiwa posted:

Some people thought WWE was actually gonna elevate the tag titles and that's never gonna happen even if Vince dies and I guess they ignored the Sami interview before Montreal where he said WWE doesn't see guys that look like Sami as a top guy and thus couldn't see the writing on the wall. WWE got what they needed from Sami and the minute they could move him back to the mid card they did it
the object was never to get sami that over in the first place

oldpainless
Oct 30, 2009

This 📆 post brought to you by RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS👥.
RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS 👥 - It's for your phone📲TM™ #ad📢

I need a new draft grading card from Ryan satin

Orange Carlisle
Jul 14, 2007

hopefully there will be more family members coming into the fed soon so that they too can join in on the bloodline feud

let it never end

Island Nation
Jun 20, 2006
Trust No One

bartok posted:

WWE needs an EGOT! Are you telling me WWE isn't as good as Whoopi Goldberg or Mel Brooks?

You mean the last 7 months haven't been a remake of Life Stinks?

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

1glitch0 posted:

The one infuriating time of Jarrett's run then was when they were loving with Raven during it with the most robotic kickouts-before-3 ever

Remember when Tyson Fury sang to Drew as a consolation prize for being a loser
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7UggwZFztJQ

Hoss Corncave
Feb 13, 2012

maruhkati posted:

I also have a hard time imagining him doing surprisingly entertaining mid-card comedy heel work in 2043.

"Acknowledge me, dumbass"

Germansimp posted:

It may be a hot take but I will always say My World is great and I hope to hear it at Wembley.

sleep with the vicious
Apr 2, 2010
What did they announce for attendance during the show yesterday?

yea ok
Jul 27, 2006

sleep with the vicious posted:

What did they announce for attendance during the show yesterday?

59k, actual attendance 50k

The_Rob
Feb 1, 2007

Blah blah blah blah!!

yea ok posted:

59k, actual attendance 50k

Wwe in the mud.

delfin
Dec 5, 2003

SNATTER'S ALIVE?!?!
The end of Roman's run will be a physical one. He will break a bone in a fluke accident, or tear an ACL, or announce that his leukemia has flared up once more, and it will sideline him for at least a few months.

Now, whether they chose to have him relinquish the belt or simply resume the day count when he returns and reclaims it is open to debate.

Vince will have armed guards at his bedside at all times to prevent movie agents from even looking at him.

SatoshiMiwa
May 6, 2007

It did the biggest gate ever for a non Wrestlemania show in the North America which is a number they should be happy about and shouldn't need to inflate but AEW's Wembley show has them upset so......

Dishwasher
Dec 5, 2006

Congratulations on not getting fit in 2011!
I mean.....if I was trying to stay super healthy until dropping the belt at WrestleMania 42, and knew no one would talk poo poo backstage, I'd certainly just start wrestling like last night. :geno:

graph
Nov 22, 2006

aaag peanuts

BDawg posted:

Catching up on Rampage. WTF was that Statlander promo? Put on your pajamas and clean the gutters?

you better brush your teeth op

KungFu Grip
Jun 18, 2008
only thing i remember from last night was almost seeing cock lesnar

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

did something really happen like that? i said they made me s ee somebody's penis yesterday but it wasn't in reference to a real event. lot of weird things like this keep happening to me lately. if i come up with something then it really is like that. but only if it doesn't affect me. i can't use it for interesting or fortunate occurrences. bugger

post hole digger
Mar 21, 2011

ya op for the sake of cavauro's sanity, can we get a timestamp of where we can find brock lesnar's big meaty hog and any screenshots you can share as well? thanks!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SpeakSlow
May 17, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
someone saw it?

i'm belly-to-jelly.