Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k
Really the worst part of it for me isn't the loss itself, since as many said it kinda felt like it was going to come from someone.

It's just the poo poo I'm going to hear from a dumb sexist about it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dell_Zincht
Nov 5, 2003

Shinjobi posted:

Really the worst part of it for me isn't the loss itself, since as many said it kinda felt like it was going to come from someone.

Just point out that the women are much more successful than the men

jeebus bob
Nov 4, 2004

Festina lente

Anyone have an alternate of this?

KYOON GRIFFEY JR
Apr 12, 2010

Runner-up, TRP Sack Race 2021/22

joepinetree posted:

The whole thing about anti US racism is particularly funny because

1- very few teams in any sport hold a candle to uswnt jingoism.
2- some Americans appear to be genuinely puzzled by the rest of the world enjoying the US losing.

That first claim seems dubious to me but I’m definitely with you on the second.

Also Americans are not a race in any sense of the word.

Incitatus
Dec 16, 2005

The Meat Man was out of wings, Mr. William Ash More!:argh:

Dell_Zincht posted:

NOT THIS TIME

whypick1
Dec 18, 2009

Just another jackass on the Internet

Incitatus posted:

NOT THIS TIME

:actually: the women took over a half hour longer to get eliminated in the first round of knockouts than the men :smug:

a real chump
Jul 30, 2003

noice
Nap Ghost
This whole this owns because imo the US played well.

Sweden stacked defense and they still had like 11 on target, it was just one of those days where it didn't go in.
Sweden didn't have a shot until the 75th minute lol.

The worst crime was the shootout which is all about composure and that's the part they should feel bad about.

Gigi Galli
Sep 19, 2003

and then the car turned in to fire

Dell_Zincht posted:

Mrenda
Mar 14, 2012
I hope England take inspiration from the US game and lose to Nigeria tomorrow

whypick1
Dec 18, 2009

Just another jackass on the Internet

Mrenda posted:

I hope England take inspiration from the US game and lose to Nigeria tomorrow

:hmmyes:

mycatscrimes
Jan 2, 2020

Shinjobi posted:

I try to tell myself the idiot sexists were just gonna find a way to be assholes no matter what. It is exhausting though.

But I think it's a kick in the rear end we needed, hopefully it's a learning experience.

(Also lmao at the idea that it's somehow racist to dunk on us.)

de curry GOAT
Oct 23, 2005

Alex Morgan stinks unfortunately

Drunk Nerds
Jan 25, 2011

Just close your eyes
Fun Shoe

Blackbelt Bobman posted:

I have to laugh at all the commercials featuring her I had to watch, considering how underwhelming she was at the tourney.

Edit: maybe this will inspire team USA to give a poo poo at the Olympics next year and actually win gold?!

For real, Vlatko is a poo poo coach for not simply telling Smith "if you've got a step on your defender in the corner, CENTER THAT poo poo. Don't look, don't wait, just get that orb in the red zone."

So many times she had the open look and just sat there until the defenders got set. Where on the planet does it happen that if you wait on centering somehow a striker gets open?

I mean there's "lacking a killer instinct due to youth" and then there's "assuming the defender 2 meters behind me won't catch up if I wait 3 seconds to pick my shot"

Drunk Nerds fucked around with this message at 03:04 on Aug 7, 2023

webmeister
Jan 31, 2007

The answer is, mate, because I want to do you slowly. There has to be a bit of sport in this for all of us. In the psychological battle stakes, we are stripped down and ready to go. I want to see those ashen-faced performances; I want more of them. I want to be encouraged. I want to see you squirm.
On the other hand, it’s insanely frustrating to have a fast tricky winger constantly getting into great positions towards the corner flag, then just whipping in aimless crosses with nobody in the centre.

That’s more on your strikers arriving in the box at the right time, or making a sharp run/step to create themselves a yard of space. Great wing play isn’t that useful if you have nothing to aim at.

joepinetree
Apr 5, 2012

KYOON GRIFFEY JR posted:

That first claim seems dubious to me but I’m definitely with you on the second.

Also Americans are not a race in any sense of the word.

The fact that Americans are not a race is only a minor part of why "people are happy because racism" was funny.

ozmunkeh
Feb 28, 2008

hey guys what is happening in this thread

Drunk Nerds posted:

For real, Vlatko is a poo poo coach for not simply telling Smith "if you've got a step on your defender in the corner, CENTER THAT poo poo. Don't look, don't wait, just get that orb in the red zone."

So many times she had the open look and just sat there until the defenders got set. Where on the planet does it happen that if you wait on centering somehow a striker gets open?

I mean there's "lacking a killer instinct due to youth" and then there's "assuming the defender 2 meters behind me won't catch up if I wait 3 seconds to pick my shot"

webmeister
Jan 31, 2007

The answer is, mate, because I want to do you slowly. There has to be a bit of sport in this for all of us. In the psychological battle stakes, we are stripped down and ready to go. I want to see those ashen-faced performances; I want more of them. I want to be encouraged. I want to see you squirm.

Please don’t trigger me

Eau de MacGowan
May 12, 2009

BRASIL HEXA
2026 tá logo aí
it's coming home

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

The Royal Phylactery has been shattered.

Charles can't save you from the.. *checks notes* Nigerian drubbing that's about to happen

Dell_Zincht
Nov 5, 2003

Walsh back in the starting XI.

Come on England!

webmeister
Jan 31, 2007

Dell_Zincht posted:

Walsh back in the starting XI.

Come on England!

Crazy that she’s gone from a potential ACL injury to starting again within 10 days

Eau de MacGowan
May 12, 2009

BRASIL HEXA
2026 tá logo aí
does anyone know how much of a cut jack white gets when they play this seven nation army orchestral edition? is it fractions of a cent?

Terminally Bored
Oct 31, 2011

Twenty-five dollars and a six pack to my name
ngl I really enjoyed the op's mini-meltdowns. That one with anti-American racism in particular.

Would be really good and funny if Nigeria beat England today.

tristeham
Jul 31, 2022
:letsgo: nigeria

Megamissen
Jul 19, 2022

any post can be a kannapost
if you want it to be

the sex ghost
Sep 6, 2009
Cant decide whether I like super falcons or super eagles more

Terminally Bored
Oct 31, 2011

Twenty-five dollars and a six pack to my name
England look shook.

Thanks Ants
May 21, 2004

#essereFerrari

The BBC commentary is running about half a second ahead of the picture which is interesting

Eau de MacGowan
May 12, 2009

BRASIL HEXA
2026 tá logo aí
foot like a traction engine

Dell_Zincht
Nov 5, 2003

Catch it Earps, jesus

tristeham
Jul 31, 2022
gently caress

de curry GOAT
Oct 23, 2005

the sex ghost
Sep 6, 2009

Thanks Ants posted:

The BBC commentary is running about half a second ahead of the picture which is interesting

It's good because I can have the comms on in the background and then tab over when something exciting happens in time to see it

It's bad because Nigeria are knocking on the door

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

Eau de MacGowan
May 12, 2009

BRASIL HEXA
2026 tá logo aí
getting huge sven vibes from wiegman

Dell_Zincht
Nov 5, 2003

As expected, Nigeria proving difficult to break down

Dell_Zincht
Nov 5, 2003

Good save

Sentinel Red
Nov 13, 2007
Style > Content.
England look shite so far. Maybe they should have stuck with the team from the previous game..?

de curry GOAT
Oct 23, 2005

Oh no

Whew

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dell_Zincht
Nov 5, 2003

Sentinel Red posted:

England look shite so far. Maybe they should have stuck with the team from the previous game..?

They've only made one change