Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

hexwren
Feb 27, 2008

so, they even mention the track 0 bonus track in the description and then they don't actually put it on the record? come the gently caress on

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

deadmoonnight
Aug 6, 2019
There is enough space on side d for it to fit. Hopefully they just quietly put it there for us.

haljordan
Oct 22, 2004

the corpse of god is love.

Finally I have the vinyl to match my favorite bag:

Pretzellogic
Mar 4, 2005

"I wouldn't..."

Read After Burning posted:

I don't put a record on my shelf unless I've listened to it. :hai: My "not yet listened to" stack has ~10 or so in it at the moment.
Same here, except my "not played yet" pile takes up two milk crates. I make it a point to listen to a new album every day, but it's been more digital lately on account of my backup turntable (i.e. the one I use more) being on the fritz.

In other news, I'm in South Carolina for a family reunion, went to a Goodwill, and found an old meme:

hexwren
Feb 27, 2008

hexwren posted:

got my deluxe edition of the new blur record last night

(it's the regular album in grey and black splatter with a two-track 7" and a poster of the album art)

and it got pretty thrashed in transit, the sleeve is extremely krinkled and the LP is salad-bowling, but it plays okay

still kind of annoyed

also since i bought another blur record a few nights ago (the new-ish vinyl pressing of bustin' and dronin') and when the clerk asked me my opinion of the new one, i had to say i hadn't heard it yet, since i was waiting on the deluxe edition, which was shipping late

loving come on

pwn
May 27, 2004

This Christmas get "Shoes"

:pwn: :pwn: :pwn: :pwn: :pwn:
Keep it up, you want a replacement. If they can't get one, maybe look up what one would cost on discogs and tell them they can refund you that amount?

WMG does seem to be living up to the shittiness of the rest of modern Warner Discovery. Have they really taken a week to respond to you?

hexwren
Feb 27, 2008

Four days. It took me a minute to have the spare time to do some photos and send the email.

There's no copies of the NA smoke pressing + 7" on discogs, the EU smoke pressing + 7" is going for $50+...which I think is actually less than I paid for it, because I am a fool.

pwn
May 27, 2004

hexwren posted:

Four days. It took me a minute to have the spare time to do some photos and send the email.

There's no copies of the NA smoke pressing + 7" on discogs, the EU smoke pressing + 7" is going for $50+...which I think is actually less than I paid for it, because I am a fool.

Buy that now and take the full refund maybe? The EU pressing isn't region locked.

Good Soldier Svejk
Jul 5, 2010

Someone help my collecting addiction just doubled

Heath
Apr 30, 2008

🍂🎃🏞️💦
CDs are cool

Good Soldier Svejk
Jul 5, 2010

Heath posted:

CDs are cool

Yeah, I've found especially for double lps or live albums or stuff that is particularly long, I'm not spinning them as often just because switching every 11-12 minutes is arduous

and I've also had to migrate my collection downstairs since my kitty found out he can get immediately attention by clawing at it so...

I think CDs are going to make a bit of a comeback in my life, especially for poo poo that is impossibly expensive on vinyl or that never got pressed at all

TheMightyBoops
Nov 1, 2016

Good Soldier Svejk posted:

Yeah, I've found especially for double lps or live albums or stuff that is particularly long, I'm not spinning them as often just because switching every 11-12 minutes is arduous

and I've also had to migrate my collection downstairs since my kitty found out he can get immediately attention by clawing at it so...

I think CDs are going to make a bit of a comeback in my life, especially for poo poo that is impossibly expensive on vinyl or that never got pressed at all

There’s a lot of jazz from Japan that should get vinyl reissues because of the time they came out. I’m specifically mad about Hiromi’s Spiral. It wants to be on a turntable.

Schremp Howard
Jul 18, 2010

What attitude problem?
CDs rule and I’m mad that it’s impossible to get a car with a player built in now.

Ballz
Dec 16, 2003

it's mario time

Schremp Howard posted:

CDs rule and I’m mad that it’s impossible to get a car with a player built in now.

Get that disc man from 2003 out of your closet and get a usb adapter to replace your cassette adapter.

Heath
Apr 30, 2008

🍂🎃🏞️💦
With my CDs I like to get a high quality rip of them and then keep the original in a plastic sleeve for the shelf. That way I can keep the obi on it and know it's in good shape if my hard drive crashes or something

Ambitious Spider
Feb 13, 2012

Lipstick Apathy

TheMightyBoops posted:

There’s a lot of jazz from Japan that should get vinyl reissues because of the time they came out. I’m specifically mad about Hiromi’s Spiral. It wants to be on a turntable.

Ooh I just discovered her and ended up buying a few cds cheap on eBay.

Cds are great but at the very least I can rip them and throw them in my ssd modded ipod.

Arcella
Dec 16, 2013

Shiny and Chrome

Found another Kevin Eubanks and this Mystic Merlin record which apparently did not get a very large pressing.

There was another DeBarge album in the bins but I didn't like the songs as much:

What I do need is a 5 boroughs-style shirt that says James, Bunny, Eldra, Mark, & Randy

Also I'd had my eye out for the Cornelius Brothers and Sister Rose record for a while because it has the hot 60's bangers "Treat her like a lady" and "Too late to turn back now"

Arcella fucked around with this message at 22:16 on Aug 6, 2023

pwn
May 27, 2004

Arcella posted:

Found another Kevin Eubanks and this Mystic Merlin record which apparently did not get a very large pressing.

That's cold, jay

TheMightyBoops
Nov 1, 2016

Ambitious Spider posted:

Ooh I just discovered her and ended up buying a few cds cheap on eBay.

Cds are great but at the very least I can rip them and throw them in my ssd modded ipod.

I believe her first 2 releases are old enough that they are vinyl, I really like either the first or second one I can’t remember, so that’s on my list. I love Spiral though.

haljordan
Oct 22, 2004

the corpse of god is love.

Oh nice, my Dethklok vinyl ships this month. Yeaauhhh.

z0331
Oct 2, 2003

Holtby thy name

Schremp Howard posted:

Weirdly our car, which is a 2020, has one. Later year models probably got rid of it. We recently have been buying a CD here and there and I’ve joked-but-not that we need a visor CD holder.

Related enough, we decided to find a vcr and bought some random movies.

I’ve seen that version of The Odyssey probably like four times because I took Latin in junior high and high school and anytime the teacher was out that was what the sub played.

z0331 fucked around with this message at 00:51 on Aug 7, 2023

Sex Robot
Jan 11, 2011

Nothing amazing happens here.
Everything is ordinary.

Found this meaty boy looking metal as gently caress in a charity shop

pwn
May 27, 2004

strap on revenge posted:

I bought it used so not sure if it'll still work but worth a try:

album is sex & food by unknown mortal orchestra

Outlaw Mailman posted:

Remembered I've got some codes to post as well, I think they all work, hopefully?

Jason Isbell, Patterson Hood, Mike Cooley- Live at the Shoals Theatre

I took both of these. Thank you both! It's been a few days, I'm probably gonna try the rest of the codes on page 959 this week, so if you want em,

I received the latest Kouns and Weaver tape a few days ago and since I bought through Bandcamp I do not need this amazing code!

It's pretty "different" and while you most definitely should be a fan of K&W i can understand if they're not your flavour. Give em a listen.

https://kounsandweaver.bandcamp.com/album/the-transmogrification-of-mr-claus

https://kounsandweaver.bandcamp.com/album/this-is-alanis-morissettes-new-album

https://kounsandweaver.bandcamp.com/album/children-of-cimmeria

Arcella
Dec 16, 2013

Shiny and Chrome

Sex Robot posted:

This is the guy from that goofy horror movie right?

Happy Hippo
Aug 8, 2004

The Something Awful Forums > The Finer Arts > Batman's Shameful Secret > BSS Derailed Thread: Spider-Island

Sex Robot posted:

Great find, Thor was rad! He performed feats of strength during live songs and eventually collaborated with Anal oval office's Seth Putnam for their song "Throwing Cars at People (On Coke With Thor)"

Sex Robot
Jan 11, 2011

Nothing amazing happens here.
Everything is ordinary.

Happy Hippo posted:

Great find, Thor was rad! He performed feats of strength during live songs and eventually collaborated with Anal oval office's Seth Putnam for their song "Throwing Cars at People (On Coke With Thor)"

You've got to hand it to him that's still going having released 39 albums.

Arcella posted:

This is the guy from that goofy horror movie right?

I think I know what you mean, the featured it on a Best of The Worst episode. But if you want Red Letter Media references

Sex Robot fucked around with this message at 03:11 on Aug 7, 2023

Turbinosamente
May 29, 2013

Lights on, Lights off

Good Soldier Svejk posted:

Someone help my collecting addiction just doubled

Late to the party but goddamn do I love me some 5 disc carousel players. I'm down to two since our first one inexplicably died after 27 years or so.

TheMightyBoops
Nov 1, 2016

Happy Hippo posted:

I feel like a saw a documentary on this guy like 2 years ago. I think it was good.

Ballz
Dec 16, 2003

it's mario time

Sex Robot posted:

Hell yeah that’s Jon Mikl Thor of Zombie Nightmare and Rock ‘n Roll Nightmare fame. I would’ve grabbed that in a heartbeat too.

Edit: I somehow missed half a page of posts saying the same thing.

Dead Goon
Dec 13, 2002

No Obvious Flaws

McCoy Pauley posted:

This reminded me I had some codes sitting around I'd been meaning to post, assuming they're still good, and if anyone wants either some sad dad rock or what is on many days my favorite album of the 90s:

Or if anyone wants a reference to the TV edit of Lebowski:

Thank you, I grabbed The National!

CornHolio
May 20, 2001

Toilet Rascal
My haul from the local record show yesterday. The Danzig is an 'unofficial copy' (ie bootleg) and I'm fine with it because it was $40 and the cheapest legit copy on discogs is $350. Sounds alright though you can kind of tell it was made from a digital source. Kind of makes me wonder how 'unofficial' copies like this are even made. CDs and tapes it's easy to make a copy, but vinyl?

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Heath
Apr 30, 2008

🍂🎃🏞️💦
I dunno about vinyl bootlegging but given how many little boutique publishers there seem to be I think the issue isn't so much making the bootlegs as it is baking ones that sound good

Enos Cabell
Nov 3, 2004

I dig that Kyuss album a lot more than it gets credit for.

Catmaran is so good
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kdkeorF6Fiw

Enos Cabell fucked around with this message at 16:11 on Aug 7, 2023

Good Soldier Svejk
Jul 5, 2010

Heath posted:

I dunno about vinyl bootlegging but given how many little boutique publishers there seem to be I think the issue isn't so much making the bootlegs as it is baking ones that sound good

I kinda figured modern day bootlegs are cut rather than pressed

like my pepto-pink copy of bone machine sounds absolutely like someone put an EQ on it that clipped the high and low end... but that'd make sense if it was just a really shallow cut copy of some digital files I guess

Turbinosamente
May 29, 2013

Lights on, Lights off
How do people do the "official" bootlegs for KGLW? I think they distribute a flac file for that.

TheMightyBoops
Nov 1, 2016

Turbinosamente posted:

How do people do the "official" bootlegs for KGLW? I think they distribute a flac file for that.

You can download a .wav of the master from their website.

CornHolio
May 20, 2001

Toilet Rascal

Enos Cabell posted:

I dig that Kyuss album a lot more than it gets credit for.

Catmaran is so good
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kdkeorF6Fiw

I already have Blues for the Red Sun and Welcome to Sky Valley... it would be hard to pick a favorite so I'm just happy to have all of them.

I'm not too familiar with their first album.

joylessdivision
Jun 15, 2013

Sex Robot posted:

You've got to hand it to him that's still going having released 39 albums.

I think I know what you mean, the featured it on a Best of The Worst episode. But if you want Red Letter Media references

Holy poo poo! A Shoji record :allears:

Cabbages and VHS
Aug 25, 2004

Listen, I've been around a bit, you know, and I thought I'd seen some creepy things go on in the movie business, but I really have to say this is the most disgusting thing that's ever happened to me.

<PiG> swinyl day came with a very oinky cardboard pill signed in sharpie by Raymond so that's sweet

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Good Soldier Svejk
Jul 5, 2010

not albums but I bought some vintage record store flats to put together this ode to my favorite Bowie era