Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: weg, Toxic Mental)

the popes toes
Oct 10, 2004

large hands posted:

First I saw the guy in flip flops taking pics on top of the bridge and thought that might not be the smartest place to hang out. Then I saw the guy standing underneath it.

Bridge to Blyatabithia

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

HonorableTB
Dec 22, 2006
Terablyathia

mobby_6kl
Aug 9, 2009

by Fluffdaddy
Zelensky's getting ready to bomb some vatniks

Afakasi
Jul 9, 2009

mobby_6kl posted:

Zelensky's getting ready to bomb some vatniks

"Virgineer" has now entered my lexicon

Cugel the Clever
Apr 5, 2009
I LOVE AMERICA AND CAPITALISM DESPITE BEING POOR AS FUCK. I WILL NEVER RETIRE BUT HERE'S ANOTHER 200$ FOR UKRAINE, SLAVA

HonorableTB posted:

I, for one, think Russia should simply leave Ukraine
How DARE you!? reported for bloodlust

Toxic Mental
Jun 1, 2019

SYQing and SADing as we speak

Sedgr
Sep 16, 2007

Neat!

Looks like they are about to tell Z that they built the VR out of a box of scraps in a cave.

Lord Stimperor
Jun 13, 2018

I'm a lovable meme.

are they seriously trying to grift MIC bucks with DCS playing on a VR headset and a warthog stick

doesn't even have the cougar mfds

zone
Dec 6, 2016

He who digs a pit for others should beware he doesn't fall into it himself. Get out of Ukraine.

HonorableTB
Dec 22, 2006
:lol: :lmao: :byetankie: that's what you get for trying more war crimes

quote:

The law applicable in international armed conflict forbids “mak[ing] improper use of … the military insignia and uniform of the enemy …” (Art. 23(f) of the Hague Regulations of 1899 and 1907; Art. 39 of Additional Protocol I; Art. 8(2)(b)(vii) of the Rome Statute of the International Criminal Court). Not all uses of enemy uniforms are prohibited therefore; only “improper” uses. For example, wearing enemy uniforms in order to flee the fighting or escape capture does not run afoul of the law (U.S. Department of Defense Law of War Manual § 5.23.1.4). On the other side of the spectrum, engaging in attacks while wearing the uniform of the enemy is flatly prohibited, as affirmed in the treaty law and numerous military manuals (see here, here and here, for example), and is a war crime under the Rome Statute.

Mederlock
Jun 23, 2012

You won't recognize Canada when I'm through with it
Grimey Drawer

zone posted:

He who digs a pit for others should beware he doesn't fall into it himself. Get out of Ukraine.

Rest in piss~

appropriatemetaphor
Jan 26, 2006

zone posted:

lol dam i needed a good laugh

HonorableTB
Dec 22, 2006
https://www.nytimes.com/2023/08/06/world/europe/putins-forever-war.html

Peskov, the Kremlin spokesman. "Our presidential election is not really democracy, it is costly bureaucracy, Mr. Putin will be re-elected next year with more than 90 percent of the vote."

zone
Dec 6, 2016

HonorableTB posted:

Peskov, the Kremlin spokesman. "Our presidential election is not really democracy, it is costly bureaucracy, Mr. Putin will be re-elected next year with more than 90 percent of the vote."

Peskov will be sacked for not allowing monke to win with 116% of the vote.

CommissarMega
Nov 18, 2008

THUNDERDOME LOSER

zone posted:

Utterly, absolutely clownshoes military :downs: Now don't get me wrong, it's not like I'm the second coming of Sun Tzu myself, but surely anyone with more working brain cells than teeth would know that if they were going to commit this particular form of war crime, they would at least inform their side to avoid this poo poo from happening. Surely if Colonel Kleptovski could afford to pay the $15K-$20K to buy his position, he'd have had enough schooling to know this, right?

HonorableTB
Dec 22, 2006
Thanks for your sacrifice private conscriptovich, now enjoy this sock party

https://twitter.com/wartranslated/status/1688120303296102400?s=20

HonorableTB
Dec 22, 2006
Russian conscription laws change once again:

https://www.bbc.com/news/world-europe-66388422

quote:

"Now I live in a state of constant fear. I can't plan anything," says Peter, 27.

He is a salesman living in St Petersburg - but he is now at risk of being called up to fight as part of the Ukraine war.

At the end of July, Russia raised the maximum conscription age by three years, widening the pool of men that can be called up to serve. Peter is one of millions affected by this change.

Before, all healthy men in Russia aged between 18 and 27 had to serve one year of compulsory military service. Conscription was carried out twice a year.

Now, all men up to 30 years of age can be called up.

Russia's apologists say they want peace. Really they just want Ukraine to give up:

https://www.businessinsider.com/ukraine-war-solution-seize-russia-state-assets-reparations-reconstruction-02023-7?utm_source=reddit.com

:byetankie:

50% of Veh Deh Veh have been liquidated:

https://www.kyivpost.com/post/20254

Flavahbeast
Jul 21, 2001

zone posted:

Anyone know what Telegram account this is quoting? Ukrainian speaking accounts that would normally be all over bad news for SMO troops haven't picked up the story yet, which makes me suspicious

Samovar
Jun 4, 2011

When I want to relax, I read an essay by Engels. When I want something more serious, I read Corto Maltese.

Mederlock posted:

:vince: Holy poo poo that's some Imperial Grade copium there

So... Is being gay now a good thing? I can't tell what the hell they're getting at with this rambling poo poo.

appropriatemetaphor
Jan 26, 2006

Samovar posted:

So... Is being gay now a good thing? I can't tell what the hell they're getting at with this rambling poo poo.

i think it's like a "they're cheating" kind of thing

like making a pact with satan to make you stronger

TheOneAndOnlyT
Dec 18, 2005

Well well, mister fancy-pants, I hope you're wearing your matching sweater today, or you'll be cut down like the ugly tree you are.

Samovar posted:

Being gay gives you an unfair advantage which Russian men will never use because they are big manly men who fight with honor and do honorable things like war crimes.

Kennel
May 1, 2008

BAWWW-UNH!
Literally homophobic.

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

A man becomes preeminent, he's expected to have enthusiasms.

Enthusiasms, enthusiasms...
Super soldiers of gaytan

EorayMel
May 30, 2015

WE GET IT. YOU LOVE GUN JESUS. Toujours des fusils Bullpup Français.

zone posted:

The shorts with the three stooges in ww1 and the french foreign legion had them more competent than this

lomzus
Mar 18, 2009
https://twitter.com/bayraktar_1love/status/1688204551441043456

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

zone posted:

ok but what if it had worked

appropriatemetaphor
Jan 26, 2006

Kennel posted:

Literally homophobic.

and that too. one of those propaganda things that sounds badass to a western audience but has russian homophobes tugging their portyankis tight

Punkinhead
Apr 2, 2015

Russian SMO doesn't stand a chance when Ukrainian Goku goes Super Gayan

the popes toes
Oct 10, 2004

Tiny Timbs posted:

ok but what if it had worked

He told them to change their uniforms and hit the rack. Not change their uniforms and go on attack. I swear, mobiks nowadays, you can hardly fight a war with these guys.

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

A man becomes preeminent, he's expected to have enthusiasms.

Enthusiasms, enthusiasms...

zone posted:

I think you will find that Ukraine lost 32 and russia destroyed an additional 19

William Bear
Oct 26, 2012

"That's what they all say!"
Ok then!

quote:

I asked Mr. Peskov, the Kremlin spokesman, if Russia sought more Ukrainian territory beyond the four provinces annexed.

“No,” he said. “We just want to control all the land we have now written into our Constitution as ours.”

rowkey bilbao
Jul 24, 2023

It's not perfectly clear to me if SCALPS are identical to storm Shadows, or if there are some differences.

Either way, more boom stuff is good news.

zone
Dec 6, 2016

rowkey bilbao posted:

It's not perfectly clear to me if SCALPS are identical to storm Shadows, or if there are some differences.

Either way, more boom stuff is good news.

Both are identical.

Shazback
Jan 26, 2013

zone posted:

Good guy Russia stopping war crimes /s

numptyboy
Sep 6, 2004
somewhat pleasant

large hands posted:

First I saw the guy in flip flops taking pics on top of the bridge and thought that might not be the smartest place to hang out. Then I saw the guy standing underneath it.

Pretty sure that guy is estimating how much cement and bricks it takes to fill the hole.

Pablo Bluth
Sep 7, 2007

I've made a huge mistake.
It's fine, just stand below the hole.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zsyRhRR5Iu4

Turrurrurrurrrrrrr
Dec 22, 2018

I hope this is "battle" enough for you, friend.

zone posted:

Both are identical.

It's just the pronunciation that is different.

Runa
Feb 13, 2011

The French call it a SCALP Royale with cheese

Dimestore Merlin
Jul 14, 2007

Obey your Spider-Lord

PinheadSlim posted:

Ukrainian Goku goes Super Gayan

Mods, please

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pablo Bluth
Sep 7, 2007

I've made a huge mistake.

Turrurrurrurrrrrrr posted:

It's just the pronunciation that is different.
Honestly, I expect they run different firmware versions and SCALPs legitimately talks in French. Stormshadows, and SCALP are made by MBDA UK and MBDA France respectively. I have zero knowledge of the communication protocol between a SS/SCALP and the aircraft, but if there's any human readable element to it beyond numbers, I can't image the French would stand for it being in English.