Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: MokBa)

Seaniqua
Mar 12, 2004

"We'll see how the first year goes. But people better get us now, because we're going to keep getting better and better."
Finally got all the light roots and I am full of regret

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

You mess with the crabbo...

That there aren't more to find? I hear ya

Runcible Cat
May 28, 2007

Ignoring this post

I wish they had some kind of day/night cycle.

HootTheOwl
May 13, 2012

Hootin and shootin
You should be able to use ascend on the lightroots to get to the surface.
Esp in the desert where they just go straight up

DontMockMySmock
Aug 9, 2008

I got this title for the dumbest fucking possible take on sea shanties. Specifically, I derailed the meme thread because sailors in the 18th century weren't woke enough for me, and you shouldn't sing sea shanties. In fact, don't have any fun ever.

Donkringel posted:

So I just found out a cool use with one of the Sages.

You can use a barehanded Mineru to one shot mine ore nodes. It doesn't even knock the ore all over the place!

Friendship ended with Yunobu, Mineru is now my best friend. (Note you cannot use Mineru to break Zonaite ore walls so Yunobu still has marginal use).

Mineru feels like the sage to give you an easy way out of the bits of the game that becomes annoying over time. Don't want to deal with gloom? Ride Mineru. Don't want to waste weapon slots or durability for mining? Use Mineru. Want to be able to use the Zonaite glider? Strap one to Minerus back. Don't want to waste bomb flowers? Strap a cannon to Mineru's hands.

She isn't best Sage but when you need her to do something she is very versatile.

except using mineru is like 3x slower than every other easy option. Getting on, doing what you gotta do, and getting off again is incredibly tedious compared to the other options available. And she doesn't do anything unique, other than gently caress you up when you're spamming "A" to try and use one of the other sages.

Perfect Potato
Mar 4, 2009
Just jump off her and spam bullet time, it basically destroys any encounter with not easily abusable elevation.

Poque
Sep 11, 2003

=^-^=

HootTheOwl posted:

You should be able to use ascend on the lightroots to get to the surface.
Esp in the desert where they just go straight up

that'd be way too easy to find cave shrines.

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004

DontMockMySmock posted:

except using mineru is like 3x slower than every other easy option. Getting on, doing what you gotta do, and getting off again is incredibly tedious compared to the other options available. And she doesn't do anything unique, other than gently caress you up when you're spamming "A" to try and use one of the other sages.

I got to a point where I just walk through gloom and don’t give a gently caress at loosing hearts.

HootTheOwl
May 13, 2012

Hootin and shootin

Poque posted:

that'd be way too easy to find cave shrines.
You could have woke cave networks accessable only from the depths.
I also don't really think it's a big deal if you didn't find the right entrance to a cave in an exploration game

repiv
Aug 13, 2009

HootTheOwl posted:

You could have woke cave networks accessable only from the depths.
I also don't really think it's a big deal if you didn't find the right entrance to a cave in an exploration game

the caves have gone woke??

hyrule has fallen

Dr Christmas
Apr 24, 2010

Berninating the one percent,
Berninating the Wall St.
Berninating all the people
In their high rise penthouses!
🔥😱🔥🔫👴🏻
So in west-Central Hyrule, in the hills between Gerudo Highlands in Hebra, there’s a table and chairs just kind of sitting alone on top of the hill. There is one of those ceiling pillars in the Depths that lets you ascend to it. Does that stick out to anyone? Anyone know what the deal with that is?

bawk
Mar 31, 2013

Dr Christmas posted:

So in west-Central Hyrule, in the hills between Gerudo Highlands in Hebra, there’s a table and chairs just kind of sitting alone on top of the hill. There is one of those ceiling pillars in the Depths that lets you ascend to it. Does that stick out to anyone? Anyone know what the deal with that is?

You've still got some quests with Penn to do.

MiracleFlare
Mar 27, 2012

repiv posted:

hyrule has fallen

This is the real reason Rhoam forbade Zelda from researching anything that came from underground like the Guardians or the creepy tunnel under the castle. He probably would have thought Gloom was chemtrails.

Docjowles
Apr 9, 2009

repiv posted:

hyrule has fallen

If you put water and rice in a cooking pot while wearing the Cece hat there’s an Easter egg that lets you brew Bud Light

Dragonstoned
Jan 15, 2006

MR. DOG WITH BEES IN HIS MOUTH AND WHEN HE BARKS HE SHOOTS BEES AT YOU
by Roger Hargreaves

Just Andi Now posted:

I think Nintendo just hates signposting directly to Hestu and just points out stuff nearby instead :v:

I think that might be because Link is the only person who can actually see Hestu and the other Koroks

The Golux
Feb 18, 2017

Internet Cephalopod

Dr Christmas posted:

At Washa's Bluff? In Breath of the Wild, it was Kass's campsite.

GATOS Y VATOS
Aug 22, 2002

Mymla posted:

I just use a rock hammer.

I fused a giant spike ball to my Hylian shield and have been using it for a couple of weeks to break ore deposits.

Steve Yun
Aug 7, 2003
I'm a parasitic landlord that needs to get a job instead of stealing worker's money. Make sure to remind me when I post.
Soiled Meat

Tunicate posted:

Just have hatsu pop out of korok number thirty's hding spot if you haven't found him yet.

Hatsu?

Steve Yun
Aug 7, 2003
I'm a parasitic landlord that needs to get a job instead of stealing worker's money. Make sure to remind me when I post.
Soiled Meat
Discovered there are 2 kinds of spike balls

The regular ones that add 15 attack to a fuse

Then there are the ones from shrines with gold hilights that add 9 attack to a fuse

Why

Blaziken386
Jun 27, 2013

I'm what the kids call: a big nerd

GATOS Y VATOS posted:

I fused a giant spike ball to my Hylian shield and have been using it for a couple of weeks to break ore deposits.
people say you can do this, and yet, it is much slower than the tried and true method of Spin 2 Win

maltesh
May 20, 2004

Uncle Ben: Still Dead.
When I need money, I go on a clockwise tour of killing all the Rare Taluses on the surface, then sell almost all the Diamonds. Climb/Ascend on top and spin-to-win in one cycle, fuse Rare Talus heart to a decent two-hander (or Spear for the one that has the node on its back), move on to the next one. I usually have more Rare Talus Hearts than I know what to do with.

I almost entirely ignore ore nodes. Zonite nodes I go after if the area is dense enough, but that's usually because I'm hitting up mines and there's always a Rock Hammer there. That said, I wish I'd tried using the Hylian Shield with a Talus Heart to bash nodes before.

When I need to break rocks, it's Yunobo ff the area is wide enough and near enough to the ground, Riju if it's not wide enough or an inconvenient angle.

Hunted down the last of the Bubbulfrogs. It was less tedious than I was expecting. Definitely a lot of stuff is more signposted in ToTK than BoTW. The biggest annoyance was that I interpreted Koltin's message of "I can't sense any more Bubbulfrogs" when I was down to about 16 as "You've found all the Bubbulfrogs in this region, go elsewhere." instead of "You can't use me to locate Bubbulfrogs anymore." Wasted some time looking for nonexistent Koltin locations.

Also learned that Link doesn't fall when using the Pura Pad Pinscope in midair, paraglider or not, which helped a lot on pinpointing the last dozen caves.

A bit annoyed that I never really got a good face on-image of a Bubbulfrog for the Compendium; They were almost always on a wall or ceiling when I found them, and in the rare cases where they weren't, I was never able to move in front of them in time to get a good face-on image before they saw Link. Got a decent profile image off the last one, though.

La Louve Rouge
Jun 25, 2017

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Devs, my most desired DLC Zonai device is a second control stick that you can stick to things to make them fire off with a shoulder button press while piloting a device

Namnesor
Jun 29, 2005

Dante's allowance - $100

Steve Yun posted:

Discovered there are 2 kinds of spike balls

The regular ones that add 15 attack to a fuse

Then there are the ones from shrines with gold hilights that add 9 attack to a fuse

Why

Gold is a softer metal and not really suited for combat

Mr Interweb
Aug 25, 2004

a week late but i finally fired up botw

i mentioned i haven't played the game proper but i did try out the demo back in e3 2016. it felt really nice to re-experience the first 15 minutes over again. getting introduced to the world, with the new (at the time) awesome looking cel shaded art style, and brand new possibilities. ticked the ole' nostalgia feelers in the brain :unsmith:

that being said, still getting used to link being so powerless, every enemy is kicking my rear end and tree branches aren't the most adequate weapons. also was somewhat surprised to encounter the goddamn GUARDIANS so early on too. that's just adding insult to injury.

also, they removed rolling?!?1 :argh:

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

There's plenty of rolling, it's just mostly post-mortem when something knocks you down the side of a mountain

Steve Yun
Aug 7, 2003
Soiled Meat
There is plenty of rolling

https://www.tiktok.com/embed/7263225754698173738

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

would call that more of a fencing response than a ragdoll

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

Super No Vacancy posted:

would call that more of a fencing response than a ragdoll

Nah, he was using a bow, not a sword

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004

Mr Interweb posted:

a week late but i finally fired up botw

i mentioned i haven't played the game proper but i did try out the demo back in e3 2016. it felt really nice to re-experience the first 15 minutes over again. getting introduced to the world, with the new (at the time) awesome looking cel shaded art style, and brand new possibilities. ticked the ole' nostalgia feelers in the brain :unsmith:

that being said, still getting used to link being so powerless, every enemy is kicking my rear end and tree branches aren't the most adequate weapons. also was somewhat surprised to encounter the goddamn GUARDIANS so early on too. that's just adding insult to injury.

also, they removed rolling?!?1 :argh:

Few noobie tips to help your sanity. Don’t stress about combat early on, avoid monster dens and skull caves till you get some shrines down and some heart/stamina containers. Use shields early on, let the monster smack it first and then wail away. Don’t worry about things breaking, more keeps dropping, always be using your best bow/sword/shield and don’t stress about hoarding anything. When you get off the great plateau, follow the main quest advice to go to Kakariko village first and do the story thing there. You’ll then get a tickler quest to go to Hateno village on the far right side of the map, go visit it to unlock the rest of the sheika slate powers. After that go nuts and do whatever. The Rito on the far left of the map offer the best quality of life upgrade early on.

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004

One last thing, look for this guy on the side of the road on the way to Kakariko village and do his quest. He’s very easy to miss if you go cross country and avoid the main road.

Asterite34
May 19, 2009

Cartoon Man posted:

One last thing, look for this guy on the side of the road on the way to Kakariko village and do his quest. He’s very easy to miss if you go cross country and avoid the main road.

If you meet Hestu on the road, kill him

Elephanthead
Sep 11, 2008

Toilet Rascal
He just wants deez nutz

mastajake
Oct 3, 2005

My blade is unBENDING!

Saints Row Insurance Fraud winner right here.

Maxwells Demon
Jan 15, 2007

145 Hours in, finished the game, 152 shrines, feel like I've done enough.

Amazing game. Should have trusted it's signposting more so I did a lot before visiting Hyrule Castle.

Now that I've read through this thread there's so many different ways people have solved problems. I feel like I used Recall 20% of the times I should have. Ascend always feels like you're doing something you shouldn't be and will always do it even if it wouldn't save time.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

maltesh posted:

A bit annoyed that I never really got a good face on-image of a Bubbulfrog for the Compendium; They were almost always on a wall or ceiling when I found them, and in the rare cases where they weren't, I was never able to move in front of them in time to get a good face-on image before they saw Link. Got a decent profile image off the last one, though.

I thought I had a good sense of what they looked like until I used Ascend in a cave and found myself emerging DIRECTLY next to one's face (the gameworld is frozen as you get a chance to check out your bearings and decide if you want to pop out or go back down) and it's kinda loving terrifying/unsettling.

The Merkinman
Apr 22, 2007

I sell only quality merkins. What is a merkin you ask? Why, it's a wig for your genitals!
Can someone tell me what is in the treasure chest in the Lynel arena?. I'm never going to get it because I just find those to be unfun sponges where they can hit you twice and you die, but you have to hit them 8 billion times.
I haven't even bothered with Gleeoks, since I know that'll just be another exercise in frustration.

Sock The Great
Oct 1, 2006

It's Lonely At The Top. But It's Comforting To Look Down Upon Everyone At The Bottom
Grimey Drawer

The Merkinman posted:

Can someone tell me what is in the treasure chest in the Lynel arena?. I'm never going to get it because I just find those to be unfun sponges where they can hit you twice and you die, but you have to hit them 8 billion times.
I haven't even bothered with Gleeoks, since I know that'll just be another exercise in frustration.

Majora's Mask. Enemies (except Lynels) won't attack you when wearing it, they kind of just stare at you inquisitively.

Coxswain Balls
Jun 4, 2001

The Merkinman posted:

Majora's Mask

Are you not taking advantage of damage and defense buffs? I stumbled across it not expecting a huge fight and just let loose with all my highest-end gear and meals. Gerudo and Zora weapons are great for fights like this, as well as parries and flurry rushes.

bawk
Mar 31, 2013

The Merkinman posted:

That's basically an endgame area with majoras mask that makes all enemies ignore you for beating it. I wouldn't try it without royal weapons and tier 3 armor or higher, unless you've figured some of the lynel tricks like shooting them in the face with a multishot bow + gibdo bones consistently to make them stunned/mountable

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tunicate
May 15, 2012

Use technology to make the fight easier. Mount a stake to a construct head and a couple big batteries, stick it high on the wall with over a dozen lazerbeams. The lynels can't hit it up there and the batteries will help keep it active even when you are further away from it. Makes it a lot easier to take them down.