Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
How do you feel about the letter C?
Despise it.
Loathe it.
Hate it.
Ed Boon's parents were killed by the letter C section of a library and I personally, will not stand for this.
View Results

Shinji2015
Aug 31, 2007
Keen on the hygiene and on the mission like a super technician.

Unbound posted:

Also, I am pretty sure MK had a psuedo-"modern" style in 11 in relation to directional inputs. IE Back > Forward in place of QCF. Command Grabs were still difficult though with Down > Back > Forward Button for most of them.

MK/NRS's default inputs are the simplified directional inputs like D, F, 2, and the alternative inputs are SF-style QCF/rolling inputs, but you're usually better off using MK inputs, especially on pad. Like, a B,F input usually translates into a HCF input in the alternative scheme.

Injustice was my gateway back into MK, so for a while I was using alternative inputs as a long-time SF player, but eventually I realized how much faster it was to use the NRS-style inputs

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Technowolf
Nov 4, 2009

https://twitter.com/MortalKombat/status/1686848489211428871

Unbound
Dec 11, 2012

Atlantis for best map

All others are bugged...

Shinji2015 posted:

MK/NRS's default inputs are the simplified directional inputs like D, F, 2, and the alternative inputs are SF-style QCF/rolling inputs, but you're usually better off using MK inputs, especially on pad. Like, a B,F input usually translates into a HCF input in the alternative scheme.

Injustice was my gateway back into MK, so for a while I was using alternative inputs as a long-time SF player, but eventually I realized how much faster it was to use the NRS-style inputs

That's what it was. Thanks. It's been a minute since I've actually played an MK game since I decided to try other fighters after DBFZ. Should have still known after all the years of UMK3 when I was a kid. :350:

I'm very glad SF6 has it's modern controls because I am so god awful at it otherwise. I've gotten the directional stuff down, but for some reason 6 buttons to attack on a controller my brain just can't get together.

Technowolf
Nov 4, 2009

The Kombat Pack 2 roster has (supposedly) been leaked.

Khaaracters:
  • Kano
  • Noob Saibot
  • Sareena
  • Harley Quinn
  • Deathstroke
  • Doomslayer
Kameos:
  • Rain
  • Bo Rai Cho
  • Moloch
  • Hsu Hao
  • Drahmin

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer

Technowolf posted:

Khaaracters:
  • Kano
  • Noob Saibot
  • Sareena
  • Harley Quinn
  • Deathstroke
  • Doomslayer
Kameos:
  • Rain
  • Bo Rai Cho
  • Moloch
  • Hsu Hao
  • Drahmin

Nice. Good list, would have loved to see the modern take on some of those Kameos as full-fledged fighters.

Sockser
Jun 28, 2007

This world only remembers the results!

Technowolf posted:

Khaaracters:
  • Kano
  • Noob Saibot
  • Sareena
  • Harley Quinn
  • Deathstroke
  • Doomslayer
Kameos:
  • Rain
  • Bo Rai Cho
  • Moloch
  • Hsu Hao
  • Drahmin

All of these rule except Sareena

But I guess they made Li Mei seem cool so I'll reserve judgement

The Pirate Captain
Jun 6, 2006

Avast ye lubbers, lest ye be scuppered!
I hope the guest characters aren’t true. Comic book people are lame, horror movie people are cool. There are already too many comic book people in the guest roster.

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

fwiw this list is not that new and has been debunked by the original KP1 leakers and thank loving god because would you really want Deathstroke and Harley Quinn in this, like is this Mortal Kombat or the Injustice 3 Reject Dumping Ground.

lol though at a base character somehow being a Year Two Kameo, the most hilarious part of this

CharlestonJew
Jul 7, 2011

Illegal Hen
Put Deathstroke in but exactly the same as he is in Injustice 1, no changes

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer
Harley Quinn's a bit of a stretch but Deathstroke seems fine

AndyElusive
Jan 7, 2007

I can see Doomslayer potentially being a zoner akin to RoboCop in 11. Switching between his arsenal like RoboCop for attacks and using things like his wrist blade like Rambo does with his knife. Saving the crucible blade for one of his fatalities.

And wtf are they keeping Ash Williams for KP3?

Baba Yaga Fanboy
May 18, 2011

AndyElusive posted:

I can see Doomslayer potentially being a zoner akin to RoboCop in 11. Switching between his arsenal like RoboCop for attacks and using things like his wrist blade like Rambo does with his knife. Saving the crucible blade for one of his fatalities.

And wtf are they keeping Ash Williams for KP3?

Things can always change, of course, but for the moment Bruce Campbell is on the record as nixing the idea of Ash in MK:

https://gamerant.com/bruce-campbell-mortal-kombat-12-no-ash-williams/

Shinji2015
Aug 31, 2007
Doomslayer would be wild if only because there was that rumor that supposedly Mick Gordon wanted to do the MK11 soundtrack, but somebody at NRS hates his music and refused his offer.

The current music direction at NRS is so goddamn bland and boring that I can believe it

Sockser
Jun 28, 2007

Shinji2015 posted:

but somebody at NRS hates his music

Fire this man into the sun.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

PostNouveau posted:

Harley Quinn's a bit of a stretch but Deathstroke seems fine

Harley Quinn but it's the cartoon version now.

Shinji2015
Aug 31, 2007

Sockser posted:

Fire this man into the sun.

Like I said, if there's any truth to that rumor, it explains a lot

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Didn't someone at the MK head office hate the MK theme song?

Wanderer
Nov 5, 2006

our every move is the new tradition

DLC Inc posted:

lol though at a base character somehow being a Year Two Kameo, the most hilarious part of this

I could see a bunch of the base roster characters who aren't already Kameos being added to the game over time, but I'd hope that those Kameos wouldn't be straight-up Kombat Pack bait. Something's off about that.

I'd also imagine that they're going to have to be very careful about the Kameos. It'll be a miracle if we get to year two of the game without at least one Kameo leading to a touch-of-death/infinite, given how fast they seem to recharge.

C. Everett Koop
Aug 18, 2008
The issue I have with Doomguy is that he doesn’t talk, and so much of MK’s charm is in the characters interacting with each other. Yeah, alien/predator/jason/leatherface didn’t talk either, but that was several games ago and characters are far more chatty now.

Shinji2015 posted:

Doomslayer would be wild if only because there was that rumor that supposedly Mick Gordon wanted to do the MK11 soundtrack, but somebody at NRS hates his music and refused his offer.

The current music direction at NRS is so goddamn bland and boring that I can believe it

Fire the fool who turned down Mick into the goddamn sun.

Unbound
Dec 11, 2012

Atlantis for best map

All others are bugged...

CharlestonJew posted:

Put Deathstroke in but exactly the same as he is in Injustice 1, no changes

Sockser
Jun 28, 2007

C. Everett Koop posted:

The issue I have with Doomguy is that he doesn’t talk, and so much of MK’s charm is in the characters interacting with each other. Yeah, alien/predator/jason/leatherface didn’t talk either, but that was several games ago and characters are far more chatty now.

All of his voice lines will be muffled screaming

Orv
May 4, 2011
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=owEKTfe1Gno

Flashing lights warning though

Unbound
Dec 11, 2012

Atlantis for best map

All others are bugged...

Sockser posted:

All of his voice lines will be muffled screaming

Liu Kang: Are you with Shang Tsung?
Doomguy: *E1M1 Plays*

Shinji2015
Aug 31, 2007

ImpAtom posted:

Didn't someone at the MK head office hate the MK theme song?

Would honestly not be surprised if it was Boon

Smoking Crow
Feb 14, 2012

*laughs at u*

congratulations to ninjakilla for being the final mk11 evo champion

Buschmaki
Dec 26, 2012

‿︵‿︵‿︵‿Lean Addict︵‿︵‿︵‿

Smoking Crow posted:

congratulations to ninjakilla for being the final mk11 evo champion

LETS FUCJING GOO!!!!

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Carly shook her glass, willing the ice to melt. "You still haven't told me what the mission is."

She leaned forward. "We are going to assassinate the bad men of Hollywood."

Is ninjakilla himself a killer ninja or one who kills ninjas.

The Question IRL
Jun 8, 2013

Only two contestants left! Here is Doom's chance for revenge...

exquisite tea posted:

Is ninjakilla himself a killer ninja or one who kills ninjas.

I imagine that if he won at a Mortal Kombat tournament, he killed Ninjas to do so.
And if he played as a Ninja character, he would be a Killer Ninja who Killed Ninja.
So....possibly both?

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer
If I were Nicolas, I would simply only do moves that are + on block, so my opponent never gets to act.

Babe Magnet
Jun 2, 2008

reptile and havik look loving TIGHT, ashra is also here

Smoking Crow
Feb 14, 2012

*laughs at u*

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M39CVZt6uu0

Gavok
Oct 10, 2005

Brock! Oh, man, I'm sorry about your...

...tooth?

Apparently Sareena has been redesigned as a devil woman you'd see in a 1990s music video.

Babe Magnet
Jun 2, 2008

was wondering who the gently caress that was lol

UP AND ADAM
Jan 24, 2007

by Pragmatica
reptile is COOL

Hypocrisy
Oct 4, 2006
Lord of Sarcasm

Glad Liu Kang recognized that Reptile was a good guy.

SyntheticPolygon
Dec 20, 2013

Its weird he has a name now

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

glad that Sareena pretty much finally quashes that dumbass rumored DLC pack

Havik looks loving sick. Ripping off his own arm to beat you with it lol.

Regrettable
Jan 5, 2010

This game can't come out soon enough.

oswald ownenstein
Jan 30, 2011

KING FAGGOT OF THE SHITPOST KINGDOM
Holy poo poo this is the coolest Reptile we've ever seen since the first three games.

Almost all of the designs in other games were so lame looking but they just crushed it here.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Coquito Ergo Sum
Feb 9, 2021

I'm glad there are less robots/cyborgs now.