Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

gall bladder blues
Aug 6, 2023

by Fluffdaddy
neil breen convinced me that auteur theory is real

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

At what point does it become unethical to continue to take money from someone clearly mentally unwell?

Frank Frank
Jun 13, 2001

Mirrored

Quantum of Phallus posted:

At what point does it become unethical to continue to take money from someone clearly mentally unwell?

On the one hand, probably way before this point but on the other it pays the bills and they’re clearly functional enough to keep plugging money into the machine so vOv

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

kalel posted:

I think it's hilarious actually.

e: people dying I mean.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bGPDq_5hNs8

Frank Frank
Jun 13, 2001

Mirrored
Only old people

TheKingslayer
Sep 3, 2008

Warner Brothers should give Gunn the boot and let Breen run the DC franchise.

The balance of power has shifted and Cade is here!

d00kiemastah
Jun 11, 2006
An afro is the symbol of a man.
I'm seeing Cade at Alamo Drafthouse on Tuesday and I plan to spend a lot of money while I do so. It's gonna be a good evening.

Frank Frank
Jun 13, 2001

Mirrored

TheKingslayer posted:

Warner Brothers should give Gunn the boot and let Breen run the DC franchise.

The balance of power has shifted and Cade is here!

I would pay genuine dollar bills to go see a breen marvel movie with A list actors

gall bladder blues
Aug 6, 2023

by Fluffdaddy

Frank Frank posted:

I would pay genuine dollar bills to go see a breen marvel movie with A list actors

unironic :same:

(USER WAS PERMABANNED FOR THIS POST)

Jose Oquendo
Jun 20, 2004

Star Trek: The Motion Picture is a boring movie
It couldn't be any worse than MCU phase 4.

Frank Frank
Jun 13, 2001

Mirrored

Please don’t quote my posts, thanks.

poisonpill
Nov 8, 2009

The only way to get huge fast is to insult a passing witch and hope she curses you with Beast-strength.

Thanos: I am going to erase half of sentient life from existence
Captain America: But isn’t that immoral?

Biff Rockgroin
Jun 17, 2005

Go to commercial!

Argyle Gargoyle posted:

There's a black tank but it isnt worn by the right cast member.

I assumed Breen was an aesthetic all his own but this falls into the category no doubt. Who else do we place in here? Kabasinski might fit but he has a different flavor of terrible.

Len Kabasinski isn't a black tank guy because he seems to understand his movies are trash and is actually a pretty accomplished martial artist.

Black tank guys have to be some mix of talentless, egotistical, and deluded.

Crescent Wrench
Sep 30, 2005

The truth is usually just an excuse for a lack of imagination.
Grimey Drawer

poisonpill posted:

Thanos: I am going to erase half of sentient life from existence
Captain America: But isn’t that immoral?

Breen movies feature the man himself giving megalomaniacal rants about using his Godlike powers to kill millions of people, he would 100% sympathize with Thanos.

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

A man becomes preeminent, he's expected to have enthusiasms.

Enthusiasms, enthusiasms...
how much money has breen made from his movies

sharknado slashfic
Jun 24, 2011

Alan Smithee posted:

Hopefully a lot

trilobite terror
Oct 20, 2007
BUT MY LIVELIHOOD DEPENDS ON THE FORUMS!
eyes on breen

Frank Frank
Jun 13, 2001

Mirrored

Alan Smithee posted:

Negative moneys, positive tunas

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?

Quantum of Phallus posted:

This isn't cspam

Oh I thought you said make, totally different

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?

d00kiemastah posted:

I'm seeing Cade at Alamo Drafthouse on Tuesday and I plan to spend a lot of money while I do so. It's gonna be a good evening.

Is this the boys doing? Would this guy have been on anybodys radar without them

Sunk Dunk
Apr 14, 2021
I knew about Neil before I knew about RLM

mallratcal
Sep 10, 2003

Milo and POTUS posted:

Is this the boys doing? Would this guy have been on anybodys radar without them

Just the US government

reignofevil
Nov 7, 2008
I learned about breen from something awful posters p sure it was before the max landis episode.

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

i dont believe a word of these lies

A Terrible Person
Jan 8, 2012

The Dance of Friendship

Fun Shoe
Weeks worth of posts behind but, Christ, if you want to see Cillian Murphy's dong that bad, just watch 28 Days Later.

It'll be in lovely digital, but at least it's there. And then you get to watch a great movie, too.

SilvergunSuperman
Aug 7, 2010

I gotta revisit that movie, I remember quite liking it.

The sequel worth a drat?

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

SilvergunSuperman posted:

The sequel worth a drat?
It's not nearly as good as the original but the opening loving rules

DaysBefore
Jan 24, 2019

28 Days rules. 28 Weeks............. nah

priznat
Jul 7, 2009

Let's get drunk and kiss each other all night.

SilvergunSuperman posted:

The sequel worth a drat?

Yeah I liked the sequel, it did get some jank CG and there were some real stupid decisions made but overall good. The start with Robert Carlyle fleeing was probably the best part tho.

TheKingslayer
Sep 3, 2008

The sequel is certainly a step down but not bad. I remember the trailer also having kind of a bait and switch in it.

A Terrible Person
Jan 8, 2012

The Dance of Friendship

Fun Shoe

Rageaholic posted:

It's not nearly as good as the original but the opening loving rules

Yeah, this.

It's not even a shadow of the original.

TheKingslayer
Sep 3, 2008

Honestly it feels like a barely related zombie movie script they slapped the name and some previous plot elements on to.

DaysBefore
Jan 24, 2019

28 Shits Latsr. 28 Pees L8er. 28 Skipped M9vies Later. Kill Driftingmouse IRL

mallratcal
Sep 10, 2003

It's got a pretty good cast though, and Jeremy Renner.

A Terrible Person
Jan 8, 2012

The Dance of Friendship

Fun Shoe
Brendan Gleason's "keep away, keep away!" moment and Cillian Murphy going full rage mode makes that movie. The acting is superb across the board, actually.

The premise is so weak that the director demanded a re-write before finishing, but the actors absolutely carry the film into being a masterpiece.

priznat
Jul 7, 2009

Let's get drunk and kiss each other all night.
Yeah Gleeson’s end was really affecting, you really hoped the best for that guy.

I liked how it got inverted with Murphy being a complete ninja badass and saving the day. 28 weeks later was nowhere near as satisfying.

Kingo Ligma
Aug 24, 2019

Ask me about calling people racist because I failed geography.
I attempted to watch Avatar two but turned it off after twenty minutes. What a stinky blue turd, Jimmy C has let anime turn him into just another Otaki pervert.

Instead I watched Unstuck In Time, a documentary on Kurt Vonnegut that absolutely rules. It's directed by Robert Weide of curb your enthusiasm reputation who spent forty years making it and ended up good friends with Vonnegut. Highly recommend.

Rod Hoofhearted
Jun 18, 2000

I am a ghost

I just spent the day watching Once Upon a Time In America and I did not like it. It’s four hours long, the characters are irredeemable pieces of poo poo, there’s multiple rape scenes that the women pretty much shrug off afterwards, it’s full of weird old Italian misogyny, and the big “twist” at the end is kind of dumb.

Definitely my least favorite Sergio Leone movie, and the Ennio Morricone score wasn’t good either.

I feel like I just failed some film nerd test. :ohdear:

A Terrible Person
Jan 8, 2012

The Dance of Friendship

Fun Shoe

priznat posted:

Yeah Gleeson’s end was really affecting, you really hoped the best for that guy.

I liked how it got inverted with Murphy being a complete ninja badass and saving the day. 28 weeks later was nowhere near as satisfying.

Christopher Eccleston remarked that nothing changed since infection, just people killing people. And he was a monster himself, sending out a false message of salvation to lure in women for his troops to rape.. Then Jim comes back as a monster, indistinguishable from the infected, killing people. And he's the unlikely hero for it.

It's a good movie

And, in the end, he is rescued and restored by the female leads that he sent out to save, who further rescued themselves in the greater scheme of things.

A Terrible Person fucked around with this message at 03:18 on Aug 7, 2023

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

Rod Hoofhearted posted:

I just spent the day watching Once Upon a Time In America and I did not like it. It’s four hours long, the characters are irredeemable pieces of poo poo, there’s multiple rape scenes that the women pretty much shrug off afterwards, it’s full of weird old Italian misogyny, and the big “twist” at the end is kind of dumb.

Definitely my least favorite Sergio Leone movie, and the Ennio Morricone score wasn’t good either.

I feel like I just failed some film nerd test. :ohdear:

very realistic movie except for the politician throwing themselves into a trash compactor