Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Rod Hoofhearted
Jun 18, 2000

I am a ghost

Milo and POTUS posted:

very realistic movie except for the politician throwing themselves into a trash compactor

Did that even happen? There seemed to be a lack of blood on the auger for that, I think he just got in the passenger side.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

LiterallyATomato
Mar 17, 2009

I wish the Internet hadn't scared Jessie away from BOTW.

Dabir
Nov 10, 2012

LiterallyATomato posted:

I wish the Internet hadn't

Stink Billyums
Jul 7, 2006

MAGNUM
I'd rather have colin around than jessi, death is funnier than farts

priznat
Jul 7, 2009

Let's get drunk and kiss each other all night.

A Terrible Person posted:

Christopher Eccleston remarked that nothing changed since infection, just people killing people. And he was a monster himself, sending out a false message of salvation to lure in women for his troops to rape.. Then Jim comes back as a monster, indistinguishable from the infected, killing people. And he's the unlikely hero for it.

It's a good movie

And, in the end, he is rescued and restored by the female leads that he sent out to save, who further rescued themselves in the greater scheme of things.

Yeah it’s pretty rare that a horror movie makes me feel really good about the outcome during the course of the story but it was pretty rad.

I didn’t like how the sequel kind of undid it.

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?

Rod Hoofhearted posted:

Did that even happen? There seemed to be a lack of blood on the auger for that, I think he just got in the passenger side.

gently caress if i know. I think it's a great movie but i aint ever watching that poo poo again. like come and see, once is enough

LiterallyATomato
Mar 17, 2009

Aw gently caress, I forgot my RLM lore and spelled her name wrong.

Also in the very first BOTW Mike calls Josh "Wizard" and I did not care for that.

Sunk Dunk
Apr 14, 2021

LiterallyATomato posted:

Also in the very first BOTW Mike calls Josh "Wizard" and I did not care for that.

yea that's pretty upsetting

Stink Billyums
Jul 7, 2006

MAGNUM
if you know that wizard is japanese internet slang for 30 year old virgin it makes josh a lot funnier

Rod Hoofhearted
Jun 18, 2000

I am a ghost

LiterallyATomato posted:

I can vouch that people called Josh, “Wizard” as far back as 2003 in the Milwaukee indie music scene. I was friends with someone who hung out with Josh’s band, ifihadahifi, and he seemed nice the one time I met him.

I did not sniff his beard.

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?
They call him that for a few episodes dont they? It's weird. I think they credited him as such for even longer

Gutcruncher
Apr 16, 2005

Go home and be a family man!

Stink Billyums posted:

I'd rather have colin around than jessi, death is funnier than farts

Know what’s even funnier? Farting to death

Rod Hoofhearted
Jun 18, 2000

I am a ghost

Milo and POTUS posted:

They call him that for a few episodes dont they? It's weird. I think they credited him as such for even longer

Probably called him that for a decade and didn’t stop until people on the internet made fun of him for it.

Cubone
May 26, 2011

Because it never leaves its bedroom, no one has ever seen this poster's real face.

LiterallyATomato posted:

Sunk Dunk posted:

yea that's pretty upsetting

Rod Hoofhearted posted:

Probably called him that for a decade and didn’t stop until people on the internet made fun of him for it.
mad?

Sunk Dunk
Apr 14, 2021
I’m seething honestly

LiterallyATomato
Mar 17, 2009

I won't be as long as I get to be "The Cleric."

Space Kablooey
May 6, 2009

Stink Billyums posted:

if you know that wizard is japanese internet slang for 30 year old virgin it makes josh a lot funnier

Yeah. But not like in a "he has good jokes" way.

reignofevil
Nov 7, 2008

Stink Billyums posted:

Going in for my second doctorate at wizardry then.

Stink Billyums
Jul 7, 2006

MAGNUM

reignofevil posted:

Going in for my second doctorate at wizardry then.

30 is wizard, at 40 you transcend humanity to become a fairy

I don't know if there was a term for 50

Space Kablooey
May 6, 2009

you can become a fairy way earlier though

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

it might take care of your wizard problem

I AM GRANDO
Aug 20, 2006

Stink Billyums posted:

I don't know if there was a term for 50

A Stoklasa

kalel
Jun 19, 2012

surreal to see a jon favreau and janeane garofalo cameo in sopranos

Cubone
May 26, 2011

Because it never leaves its bedroom, no one has ever seen this poster's real face.

Space Kablooey posted:

you can become a fairy way earlier though

I definitely did

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k

Cubone posted:

I definitely did

:thurman:

Sally
Jan 9, 2007

Don't post Small Dash!

Rageaholic posted:

It's not nearly as good as the original but the opening loving rules

the opening whips. amazing anglea and shots. very tense. just watch until the Full Monty gets away on the boat and youre good

jazzyjay
Sep 11, 2003

PULL OVER
The algorithm keeps throwing early Half in the Bags at me - like <20th episode. And in every second one they're at a con interacting with people. I wonder what was the breaking point that caused them to hard sever? Cause Rich dressed as George Lucas going around buying Star Wars Xmas Specials from the vendors and then immediately destroying them was pretty funny.

Stink Billyums
Jul 7, 2006

MAGNUM
I was at a con they attended but nobody was there when I passed by their table, there was just a pile of prop bones from mr. plinkett's basement

Bloody Hedgehog
Dec 12, 2003

💥💥🤯💥💥
Gotta nuke something

LiterallyATomato posted:

I wish the Internet hadn't scared Jessie away from BOTW.

The fact that you're bringing her up years since she's been seen is exactly in line with why she was scared away.

Rubellavator
Aug 16, 2007

Rod Hoofhearted posted:

I just spent the day watching Once Upon a Time In America and I did not like it. It’s four hours long, the characters are irredeemable pieces of poo poo, there’s multiple rape scenes that the women pretty much shrug off afterwards, it’s full of weird old Italian misogyny, and the big “twist” at the end is kind of dumb.

Definitely my least favorite Sergio Leone movie, and the Ennio Morricone score wasn’t good either.

I feel like I just failed some film nerd test. :ohdear:

I typed a whole reply here before realizing that you weren't talking about Once Upon a Time in The West. The woman in that one gets raped too.

SilvergunSuperman
Aug 7, 2010

Bloody Hedgehog posted:

The fact that you're bringing her up years since she's been seen is exactly in line with why she was scared away.

Nah that's a lovely take

Cubone
May 26, 2011

jessi actually left the show because she moved towns to take care of her sick uncle, a brilliant but troubled private detective

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

SilvergunSuperman posted:

Nah that's a lovely take

Can't believe im agreeing with this guy

Kingo Ligma
Aug 24, 2019

Ask me about calling people racist because I failed geography.
Not everyone has watched the entire chronology of RLM as it was released. Some met Jessie years ago, some yesterday, and for some her episodes will never cross their browser. Time does not exist on the internet and woe to the fool who forgets this.

Nefarious 2.0
Apr 22, 2008

Offense is overrated anyway.

her scream-laugh is real bad. I actually wince irl when I hear it

Outpost22
Oct 11, 2012

RIP Screamy You were too good for this world.

Kingo Ligma posted:

Not everyone has watched the entire chronology of RLM as it was released. Some met Jessie years ago, some yesterday, and for some her episodes will never cross their browser. Time does not exist on the internet and woe to the fool who forgets this.

At first I t thought that you said Tim does not exist and questioned my sanity for a second there.

colonelwest
Jun 30, 2018

bitterandtwisted
Sep 4, 2006

Rubellavator posted:

I typed a whole reply here before realizing that you weren't talking about Once Upon a Time in The West. The woman in that one gets raped too.

Ha, same. I loved West, but America I did not enjoy. After the protagonist rapes the woman, I stopped caring what happened to him and couldn't re-engage with the story, and only watched to the end because I'd made it that far.

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

A man becomes preeminent, he's expected to have enthusiasms.

Enthusiasms, enthusiasms...

Stink Billyums posted:

I was at a con they attended but nobody was there when I passed by their table, there was just a pile of prop bones from mr. plinkett's basement

I met mike at a bar during E3 and said I was a fan

he didn't seem to know what to do with the information

I probably wouldn't want to meet my fans if I were them either

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

Mike hates videogames. Why would he be at e3