Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
What is the most powerful flying bug?
This poll is closed.
🦋 15 3.71%
🦇 115 28.47%
🪰 12 2.97%
🐦 67 16.58%
dragonfly 94 23.27%
🦟 14 3.47%
🐝 87 21.53%
Total: 404 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

Endman
May 18, 2010

That is not dead which can eternal lie, And with strange aeons even anime may die

Now this is good news for Ukraine

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Google Butt
Oct 4, 2005

Xenology is an unnatural mixture of science fiction and formal logic. At its core is a flawed assumption...

that an alien race would be psychologically human.

i think it would be fun to build new and unique technicals as a hobby, to be fair

V. Illych L.
Apr 11, 2008

ASK ME ABOUT LUMBER

this owns though

Zeppelin Insanity
Oct 28, 2009

Wahnsinn
Einfach
Wahnsinn
Both the MT-LB and the M-12 are excellent pieces of kit.

There were even versions of the AT gun that had a radar for night combat. Cool poo poo. Versions that could fire laser-guided ATGMs. Plus it works as a artillery field gun in a pinch.

Chillgamesh
Jul 29, 2014

is he loving firing that gun by pulling on a lever with a rope

DancingShade
Jul 26, 2007

by Fluffdaddy

Chillgamesh posted:

Trigger mechanisms are lostech now.

Next step - black powder fuse from an olde timey sailing galleon.

Toplowtech
Aug 31, 2004

I want to point out that the french officer class was entirely made of people who had spent years in relatively high-level math classes calculating artillery shots and trajectories. Allowing "less precise" way to shot at the enemies meant lower class less educated officers could get their jobs. That poo poo still poisoned the doctrines in the tank units even decade later. I mean just loving shot the walls 20 meters away, we loving don't need a calculation table.
e: tldr: it's 100% class warfare.

Toplowtech has issued a correction as of 09:20 on Aug 7, 2023

fanfic insert
Nov 4, 2009

yellowcar posted:

iraq and afghanistan wars: same mistake as making a bad post when you were 15

bet grover is more ashamed of their post than bush is of either or both of Iraq and Afghanistan

30.5 Days
Nov 19, 2006

Lostconfused posted:

This is Danilov, in case you forgot this guys name

I love it when guys have 2006 fur shaders instead of hair

fanfic insert
Nov 4, 2009

Danann posted:

https://twitter.com/snekotron/status/1688348555549843456

i think it's the much advertised pr push doing nothing

can't even organize a gun-less offensive

crepeface
Nov 5, 2004

r*p*f*c*

Danann posted:

https://twitter.com/disclosetv/status/1687503451683450880

Germany manufacturing PMI is also down at 38.8 as of July 2023.

quick, turn on nordstream 2!

mawarannahr posted:

(can't wake up)

lol

crepeface
Nov 5, 2004

r*p*f*c*

Google Butt posted:

i think it would be fun to build new and unique technicals as a hobby, to be fair

*kishida goes down into the depths of the most secure supermax dungeon in japan*

"i'll give you your freedom... if you're willing to travel"

*yamagami's eyes open*

tristeham
Jul 31, 2022

1stGear posted:

Tired of people claiming that, just because the US has made mistakes in the past, that it puts them on the same moral scale as the most barbaric murderous regimes to ever exist in humanity. It's 13 year old edgelordism in the extreme.

lol

Pener Kropoopkin
Jan 30, 2013

https://twitter.com/qc9lvznl7bm4uaq/status/1682260212793712641?s=46&t=UyfxoSAUKW7QZlR_GhkuYA

gradenko_2000
Oct 5, 2010

HELL SERPENT
Lipstick Apathy
Doideld Tyatsmer

Homeless Friend
Jul 16, 2007

1stGear posted:

Tired of people claiming that, just because the US has made mistakes in the past, that it puts them on the same moral scale as the most barbaric murderous regimes to ever exist in humanity. It's 13 year old edgelordism in the extreme.

VoicesCanBe
Jul 1, 2023

"Cóż, wygląda na to, że zostaliśmy łaskawie oszczędzeni trudu decydowania o własnym losie. Jakże uprzejme z ich strony, że przearanżowali Europę bez kłopotu naszego zdania!"
https://twitter.com/victoriaslog/status/1688271000188710912?s=20

https://twitter.com/victoriaslog/status/1688289829572775936?s=20

Lying is whatever, it's not great but if someone wants to lie then it is what it is. What annoys me is when blatant lies get thousands of likes especially when the vast majority who see the lie will never see the "my source is that I made it the gently caress up" disclaimer that comes after.

DancingShade
Jul 26, 2007

by Fluffdaddy
The secret to that rich The Borderlands soil is slowly seeping into the public consciousness.

After all the ten zillion mines and the half-life from the purposefully detonated nuclear power plant spillage decay in ten thousand years the cockroach people who come after shall rejoice in the land's bounty.

mark immune
Dec 14, 2019

put the teacher in the cope cage imo
“more anime please” - Ukraine

DancingShade
Jul 26, 2007

by Fluffdaddy

mark immune posted:

More isekai skeleton warriors coming right up.

I Was A Ukraine Tanker And Now I'm A Skeleton Martial Artist With A Hot Elves Harem!!! First season of 6.

ModernMajorGeneral
Jun 25, 2010

VoicesCanBe posted:

Lying is whatever, it's not great but if someone wants to lie then it is what it is. What annoys me is when blatant lies get thousands of likes especially when the vast majority who see the lie will never see the "my source is that I made it the gently caress up" disclaimer that comes after.

Good news for Ukraine; she has the true fizzy spirit

Zodium
Jun 19, 2004

mark immune posted:

SplitSoul
Dec 31, 2000

SBU claims to have detained someone working with the Russians in an attempt to assassinate Zelenskyy during a visit in Mykolaiv.

Cpt_Obvious
Jun 18, 2007

VoicesCanBe posted:

Oof.

DancingShade
Jul 26, 2007

by Fluffdaddy

SplitSoul posted:

SBU claims to have detained someone working with the Russians in an attempt to assassinate Zelenskyy during a visit in Mykolaiv.

Why would anyone want to assassinate what is such a clearly capable and inspirational leader who inspires respect wherever they go? (sniff)

AnimeIsTrash
Jun 30, 2018

galagazombie posted:

Love this thread. Wanted to see what was up with a bunch of new posts and found everyone debating whether the Ukrainians or the Native Americans are more deserving of genocide.

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

which one do you think is more deserving of genocide?

stephenthinkpad
Jan 2, 2020

Danann posted:

https://twitter.com/disclosetv/status/1687503451683450880

Germany manufacturing PMI is also down at 38.8 as of July 2023.

I am surprised the Germany leadership put up so little fight against the deindustrialization.

What is the Germany European identify if not for making large metal things? Certainly not coding loving apps. Is there any alternate cheap energy route being built? emphasis on cheap.

Russia greenlit the Power of Siberia II project a half year before NS2 was bombed. The Russians was making alternate plans.

Frosted Flake
Sep 13, 2011

Semper Shitpost Ubique

Toplowtech posted:

I want to point out that the french officer class was entirely made of people who had spent years in relatively high-level math classes calculating artillery shots and trajectories. Allowing "less precise" way to shot at the enemies meant lower class less educated officers could get their jobs. That poo poo still poisoned the doctrines in the tank units even decade later. I mean just loving shot the walls 20 meters away, we loving don't need a calculation table.
e: tldr: it's 100% class warfare.

I would never get into Saint-Cyr, even today. It's pretty wild. You have to complete two years of post-secondary education, write an extremely competitive national exam, then go through the interview process, write another series of exams, and then, if you get in, the actual curriculum is also pretty ridiculous and designed to screen people out.

e: If you have a Master's degree you still have to write (even harder) exams and then complete a year of studies there.

I can admire the best, of the best, of the best in principle, but this seems to be selecting for such a small group of people, idk.

Frosted Flake has issued a correction as of 14:21 on Aug 7, 2023

KomradeX
Oct 29, 2011

Frosted Flake posted:

I would never get into Saint-Cyr, even today. It's pretty wild. You have to complete two years of post-secondary education, write an extremely competitive national exam, then go through the interview process, write another series of exams, and then, if you get in, the actual curriculum is also pretty ridiculous and designed to screen people out.

The French fear another Bonaparte

Weka
May 5, 2019

That child totally had it coming. Nobody should be able to be out at dusk except cars.

stephenthinkpad posted:

What is the Germany European identify if not for making large metal things?

Sausages

samogonka
Nov 5, 2016

stephenthinkpad posted:

I am surprised the Germany leadership put up so little fight against the deindustrialization.

What is the Germany European identify if not for making large metal things? Certainly not coding loving apps. Is there any alternate cheap energy route being built? emphasis on cheap.

Russia greenlit the Power of Siberia II project a half year before NS2 was bombed. The Russians was making alternate plans.

The chancellor has absolutely no spine and buckles at every decision that is thrown into the room, the rest of the government is made up of people who simply don't care or are straight up village idiots.

Palladium
May 8, 2012

Very Good
✔️✔️✔️✔️
SAP alone will hold the german economy

Fat-Lip-Sum-41.mp3
Nov 15, 2003

Chillgamesh posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w1QNG8lnxDs

Nothus
Feb 22, 2001

Buglord

stephenthinkpad posted:

What is the Germany European identify if not for making large metal things?

Oh I think we all know the answer to that

Fat-Lip-Sum-41.mp3
Nov 15, 2003
they're known for makin' spaß

mit dem funky beats

Sherbert Hoover
Dec 12, 2019

Working hard, thank you!

Nothus posted:

Oh I think we all know the answer to that

haha oh no, not that identity

Regarde Aduck
Oct 19, 2012

c l o u d k i t t e n
Grimey Drawer

galagazombie posted:

Love this thread. Wanted to see what was up with a bunch of new posts and found everyone debating whether the Ukrainians or the Native Americans are more deserving of genocide.

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

how the gently caress did you come to this conclusion? Is it just 100% 'i'm just going to make poo poo up'? I hope not, that'd be boring. I want some quotes so we can analyse your hosed up thought patterns.

speng31b
May 8, 2010

Regarde Aduck posted:

how the gently caress did you come to this conclusion? Is it just 100% 'i'm just going to make poo poo up'? I hope not, that'd be boring. I want some quotes so we can analyse your hosed up thought patterns.

idk, but my recommendation is they don't post anymore stuff like that itt without quotes to back it up

Isentropy
Dec 12, 2010

Frosted Flake posted:

e: If you have a Master's degree you still have to write (even harder) exams and then complete a year of studies there.

I can admire the best, of the best, of the best in principle, but this seems to be selecting for such a small group of people, idk.

and putting on my mechanical engineer hat, it seems a bit pointless to drill people on math and tables when aerodynamics is not a solved problem and you’ll probably be off. even with CFD we have significant error in calculations. the only math that matters is more explosive on target

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

supersnowman
Oct 3, 2012

Chillgamesh posted:

Wonderwaffen like the M777 still fire using lanyard so I'm not surprised a 79 years old gun would do the same.